Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

The Vines
Cherry_Moon Posted: Sat Apr 30 14:49:49 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I just illegally downloaded and pirated The Vines new album Winning Days. I'm in love with their new album and i own their first album. any thoughts

Posted: Sat Apr 30 18:39:12 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  and you said Dylan wasn't much to listen to?

The Vines are unoriginal and bland.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sat Apr 30 20:08:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  okay Crim. don't offense. his voice is horrible. i like his lyrics and music

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sat Apr 30 20:11:21 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  *don't take offense

listen i'm allowed to like bland unoriginal music. i like australian rock bands. Jet, The Vines, etc

damn typos

Posted: Sat Apr 30 20:14:46 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  If music hasn't got integrity, it hasn't got anything at all.

I haven't heard the new Vines album, but I suspect that if it's akin to their first, i'll hate it.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sat Apr 30 20:17:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I love all sorts of music. Some for the lyrics like dylan. I respect dylan. some i like to listen to when i'm speeding to school like the vines or jet. i believe that all music with the exception of country is good.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sat Apr 30 20:21:51 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  let's not argue abt music. it really doesn't matter. different strokes for different folks - Sly Stone

sweet p Posted: Sat Apr 30 20:31:32 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>his voice is horrible.

Ahhhhhh!

The Vine's...well, their cover of I'm Only Sleeping is not too bad. And that might be just cos it's The Beatles.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sat Apr 30 20:56:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  umm interesting i didn't know they did a beatle cover.
i think Craig Nicholls is really good not everyone has to agree. but if there is any vine fans come out of the closet!

misszero Posted: Sat Apr 30 21:15:09 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  there are so many better australian bands, who manage to DRAW FROM their influences rather than SOUND JUST LIKE their influences. jet pissed me off from the get go.

get some nick cave/badseeds.

just my opinion of course.

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Apr 30 21:21:03 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Anybody remember the Little River Band ?
Best Aussie band ever . . . . .that I know of.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sat Apr 30 22:25:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>there are so many better australian bands, who manage to DRAW FROM their influences rather than SOUND JUST LIKE their influences.

I'm into new music sounding like some old bands i like. it's like getting a "faded" pair of jeans at gap. you know they are imitating the real thing but they are still comfortable never-the-less.

>jet pissed me off from the get go.

*snicker* umm okay. i think they are fun to listen to for a while. i wouldn't go as far to say that i'm a hard-core jet fan.

>get some nick cave/badseeds.

umm i can't stand nick cave.
at least the material i heard. maybe you have an album that is better then the one i own

dan632 Posted: Sat Apr 30 22:29:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  that album is at least 4 months old, and i hope that idiot craig nicholls comes down with some mental disability...oh wait! he did, that's one of the reasons why they don't tour-thank fucking christ!

and jet suck balls, if you think they're good music you really need to turn off your fucking TV and go to a decent music site where they speak of new ORIGINAL bands. if you want some good australian bands check out In The Grey or Last Year's Hero...but stay away from the media released crap that is the vines and jet. both these bands lack originality and tend to blend together...try smoking crack.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sat Apr 30 22:39:51 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  dan632 said:
>and jet suck balls, if you think they're good music you really need to turn off your fucking TV and go to a decent music site where they speak of new ORIGINAL bands.

don't attack me *look of fury* I don't watch or listen to gd music channels or radio

>if you want some good australian bands check out In The Grey or Last Year's Hero

thank you for your advice but stop treating me like the resident whore er- nikki. i listen better when you talk.

misszero Posted: Sat Apr 30 23:32:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:

>*snicker* umm okay.

snicker at an opinion, and then accuse someone else of attacking you? uh, alright....

and hif, i remember the little river band.

innocenceNonus Posted: Sat Apr 30 23:44:04 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think The Vines and Jet are pretty good. Granted I wouldn't call them legit music, and I don't plan on buying their albums. BUT, I do like some of their songs.

Personally, I'm more of a Dandy Warhols, Postal Service, Metric, Brand New, Damien Rice kinda gal...

And you gotta give some of this new alt rock stuff coming out its props. I mean, I'm not a big fan of Interpol [while I like them]. But I do enjoy The Killers [their album was WAY above expectations], Snow Patrol, Franz Ferdinand, Keane...

But what I really wanted to point out was this:

>Everyone is entitled to their own opinion in music. Granted it may suck. It might not. But whatever the taste, let's keep some respect.

That said, I don't like most pop. Or at least the materialistic perpetuated presentation of pop. But i gotta give some pop bands their props... Like Maroon 5, Kelly Clarkson, Usher, Alicia Keys... [though she's more R&B]

Mesh Posted: Sat Apr 30 23:57:29 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well Kasabian just rocks I dont care what anybody says. Franz Ferdinand too.

FN Posted: Sun May 1 05:14:51 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Usher sucks pig penis.

JesusOnline Posted: Sun May 1 06:34:58 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm by no means a large Vines fan. I've heard all their albums, I've enjoyed some of their stuff but in the main I'd rather not.

I respect Craig Nicholls however, it's a shame his disability is stopping him touring and allowing his fans the opportunity to see them perform live.

Should they release anymore studio albums I'll purchase them for his sake - kinda outta pity granted.

Posted: Sun May 1 10:25:18 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:
>Dandy Warhols

that's what I'm talkin' about.

ifihadahif Posted: Sun May 1 11:55:51 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Check out a band out of Seattle called Maktub (pronounced mock tube).

ifihadahif Posted: Sun May 1 11:57:28 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've been trying to find an mp3 of a Sonny Rhodes tune called "10 pounds of love in a 5 pound sack".

Anybody got it ?

innocenceNonus Posted: Sun May 1 18:40:49 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Usher sucks pig penis.

Don't be jealous, Christophe. It's not very becoming of you.

[Only kidding. I happen to think that Usher is a beautiful piece of work.]

innocenceNonus Posted: Sun May 1 18:41:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>innocenceNonus said:
>>Dandy Warhols
>
>that's what I'm talkin' about.

Checked out Postal Service and Metric? Both similar to Dandy Warhols, though as far as I can tell, they haven't been influenced by them...??

choke Posted: Sun May 1 19:55:00 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>there are so many better australian bands, who manage to DRAW FROM their influences rather than SOUND JUST LIKE their influences. jet pissed me off from the get go.
>
>get some nick cave/badseeds.
>
>just my opinion of course.

And I must agree :)

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sun May 1 21:26:16 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I didn't know about craig's disability. what happened? i had to laugh because it was too funny besides laughter is different the attack i received but maybe you don't know that. at any rate. i'm going to go check those bands out

dan632 Posted: Mon May 2 01:10:42 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  he sucked too much penis and is now addiction, he is currently in rehab.

nah it's some mental disability, i forget what it's called

JesusOnline Posted: Mon May 2 06:19:39 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  He has Asperger Syndrome, to my knowledge it's similar to autism

addi Posted: Mon May 2 08:42:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Every time I hear "Look What You've Done" by Jet I swear it's 1969 and I'm listening to a new Beatles song. The similarities in voices, harmonies, chord progressions, instrumentation, lyrics are frightening.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Mon May 2 12:45:34 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  JesusOnline said:
>He has Asperger Syndrome, to my knowledge it's similar to autism

That's really sad. My brother has a form of aspergers.

misszero Posted: Mon May 2 21:45:40 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Every time I hear "Look What You've Done" by Jet I swear it's 1969 and I'm listening to a new Beatles song.

have a listen to sexy sadie, on 1967's white album. then 'look what you've done'. coincidence? i think not.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Mar 8 12:38:22 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>I've been trying to find an mp3 of a Sonny Rhodes tune called "10 pounds of love in a 5 pound sack".
>
>Anybody got it ?
>
Please somebody find this damn mp3 for me !

JesusOnline Posted: Thu Mar 9 00:05:10 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>I've been trying to find an mp3 of a Sonny Rhodes tune called "10 pounds of love in a 5 pound sack".
>>
>>Anybody got it ?
>>
>Please somebody find this damn mp3 for me !

I have this MP3, and can indeed get it too you. Unfortunately I'm offshore at the moment and can't access my MP3 player. So as soon as I return it's yours.
*bearing in mind that I am here for another 3 1/2 weeks, and that I must remember it*

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Mar 9 06:53:38 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  JesusOnline said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>ifihadahif said:
>>>I've been trying to find an mp3 of a Sonny Rhodes tune called "10 pounds of love in a 5 pound sack".
>>>
>>>Anybody got it ?
>>>
>>Please somebody find this damn mp3 for me !
>
>I have this MP3, and can indeed get it too you. Unfortunately I'm offshore at the moment and can't access my MP3 player. So as soon as I return it's yours.
>*bearing in mind that I am here for another 3 1/2 weeks, and that I must remember it*
>
Awesome !
I will be forever in your debt.

JesusOnline Posted: Thu Mar 9 18:43:42 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have told a lie.
I can infact get this too you as soon as becasue I've come across a WMA of this file on my laptop at the moment.
(I'm assured it's a simple task to manipulate a WMA to an MP3, if the latter filetype is essential.)

So without much further delay you can have it. Provided ofcourse you give me an e-mail address to send it to ofcourse.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Mar 9 18:47:49 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  JesusOnline said:
>I have told a lie.
>I can infact get this too you as soon as becasue I've come across a WMA of this file on my laptop at the moment.
>(I'm assured it's a simple task to manipulate a WMA to an MP3, if the latter filetype is essential.)
>
>So without much further delay you can have it. Provided ofcourse you give me an e-mail address to send it to ofcourse.
>
mdtuch@gmail.com

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]