Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Gorillaz and Pedophilia
innocenceNonus Posted: Sun May 1 18:45:08 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm a self-serving kinda jerkface so I figured I'd create one thread with two purposes [as I'm too lazy to create two threads with one purpose to each].

1. I know we have some Gorillaz fans here. Just wanted to ask if anyone's heard "Feel Good Inc." yet. I have, and that song is addicting like no other. I dled it about four days ago [maybe three] and have listened to it 104 times [according to winamp].

2. I have a ginormous crush on someone one year younger than me. I feel like a pedophile. Ah well.. [that was just something said to see what kinda response i'd get]. Hurrah for pedophilia!

sweet p Posted: Sun May 1 18:53:50 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I haven't heard that one yet.

I have crushes on people way more than just a year younger than me. I know I ain't no pedophile. Don't be silly.

Aeon Posted: Sun May 1 19:19:18 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  True dat. Gorillaz are cool... and I'd listen to their stuff but my speakers aren't working.

addi Posted: Sun May 1 19:19:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have crushes on people 20 years younger than me. I know I ain't no pedophile!

I've listened to that song (and video) several times. I'm sorry to admit i like it.
: )

Ahriman Posted: Sun May 1 19:56:36 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yea, the music video was insanity and I listen to feel good inc all the time. My gf is 8 monthes younger than me. Anymore than a year though I find kinda weird, but only in the teenage years.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sun May 1 20:51:21 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i love the gorillaz.. and i liked a guy that was 3 years younger then me for a while

Posted: Sun May 1 21:40:25 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  GOD.
feel good inc.'s video makes me happy in the pants.

DanSRose Posted: Sun May 1 22:10:07 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  feel good inc. is one of the most incredible songs I've listened to in a while. They are a fantastic band and the 'windmill' chorus breaks my heart everytime I hear, which is a few times a day.
Life is short. Go after what you want and what you need, especially if it makes you happy.

misszero Posted: Sun May 1 22:16:51 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
> happy in the pants.

i once knew a girl who's lover painted this on the road outside of her house as a declaration of affection. it was cute.

as for paedophilia, i've technically committed statutory rape. (when i had just turned 16, the age of consent, and my bf still had a few weeks to go) ick, now i feel dirty.

ifihadahif Posted: Sun May 1 22:21:10 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't get it.
Why does everybody keep using the word pedophile as if it were a bad thing?

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sun May 1 22:25:16 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>I don't get it.
>Why does everybody keep using the word pedophile as if it were a bad thing?

ummm i had first hand experience of real pedophile from my birth father

Mesh Posted: Sun May 1 22:33:17 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ugh. I hate pedophiles with passion. The very thought of it ignites a fire within me.

That said, if shes only one year younger I dont see a problem. I guess if you were 18, depending on where you live it would technically be against the law(to have sex with them), but a 17 year old with an 18 year old isnt that bad.

Mesh Posted: Sun May 1 22:45:17 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  But I think youre case would be more of a case of Ephebophilia rather than Pedophilia.

Mesh Posted: Mon May 2 00:46:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  youre=your.

FN Posted: Mon May 2 04:38:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have a severe distaste for pedophiles and anything that comes close to it.

Even with 18 year old girls dating 25 year olds or whatever, I have my doubts.

Personally, my age category at the moment stretches from 16 tot 22. I doubt that I'd get into anythiung serious with anybody below 17 though.

JesusOnline Posted: Mon May 2 06:29:28 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I really don't enjoy the new gorillaz track, they're not a band i can really enjoy listening to.

As for the pedophillia issue, One year is by no means a large age gap, I'd be happy to go out with someone a year younger than me - I'm 18 - or anything up to about 4 years older with no conscience or regrets about it. It's not a crime

addi Posted: Mon May 2 07:29:02 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>Personally, my age category at the moment stretches from 16 tot 22. I doubt that I'd get into anythiung serious with anybody below 17 though.

Try looking past the moment once and awhile. You'll find the view quite liberating :)

I don't care what BS you throw back at me, but there is absolutely no frickin' way that when you're in your 30's or beyond, and a stunning and beautiful 21 year old plinker starts flirting and coming on to you that you are gonna say to her,
"Sorry, Babe, but you're more than 3 years out of my age range...so bug off."

You might shut things down for other reasons, but it won't be because of the age difference.

When both parties are legal, mature, and consenting you'll find age has much less to do with compatibilty and attraction as you get on in life.

Younger chicks dig Ludwig and he's ancient!
: )

breeze Posted: Mon May 2 10:13:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Agree with Addi that age difference doesn't really matter. I rarely get interested in somebody youunger than me though... not because of the age difference, just hard to meet the ones who are mature enough at that age. All guys I dated were always several years older than me.

FN Posted: Mon May 2 10:42:11 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think it does matter in the 10->20 region. A lot actually.

I'll probably always be going after girls in their lower twenties once I'm that age or past it.

I couldn't see myself with a saggy woman. I'd rather be alone. Really.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Mon May 2 11:02:38 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Younger chicks dig Ludwig and he's ancient!

umm i know i do

andariel Posted: Mon May 2 13:58:04 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Gorillaz is a great group but i have to be in the mood for them otherwise I can't stand them at all.

Being 18 I'm one of the cute little girls who gets guys in trouble; I've NEVER dated my age or below. I won't say that I can't or that I never will but as it is I can't stand guys my age. They tend to be just a little too stupid and/or full of themselves. The youngest person I've EVER dated was 19 (when I was 16) the oldest I've ever dated was 45 (when I was 17.) That one was pushing it really far I will say but damn it was fun! Dude was LOADED! and no, we never had sex it was just a few dates.

sweet p Posted: Mon May 2 16:27:12 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  andariel said:

> the oldest I've ever dated was 45 (when I was 17.)

Yowzah!
I couldn't have pulled that off at 17. I could barely date people my own age comfortably.

kurohyou Posted: Mon May 2 19:11:17 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ummm Gorillaz...never heard them...

And I don't think that counts as Pedophila. But even at a year it's a stretch to even call it robbing the cradle. I think you're okay.

For what it's worth...

kurohyou Posted: Mon May 2 19:12:33 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  andariel said:
>Gorillaz is a great group but i have to be in the mood for them otherwise I can't stand them at all.
>
>Being 18 I'm one of the cute little girls who gets guys in trouble; I've NEVER dated my age or below. I won't say that I can't or that I never will but as it is I can't stand guys my age. They tend to be just a little too stupid and/or full of themselves. The youngest person I've EVER dated was 19 (when I was 16) the oldest I've ever dated was 45 (when I was 17.) That one was pushing it really far I will say but damn it was fun! Dude was LOADED! and no, we never had sex it was just a few dates.

How old did he think you were?

Mesh Posted: Mon May 2 19:47:21 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  What chance has a lonely surfer boy
For the love of a surfer chick,
With all these Humbert Humbert cats
Coming on so big and sick?
For me, my baby was a woman,
For him she's just another nymphet.

innocenceNonus Posted: Mon May 2 19:59:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>But I think youre case would be more of a case of Ephebophilia rather than Pedophilia.

Ephebophilia??

innocenceNonus Posted: Mon May 2 20:02:00 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  andariel said:
>The youngest person I've EVER dated was 19 (when I was 16) the oldest I've ever dated was 45 (when I was 17.)

OMG. I agree with Sweet P on this one... I could NEVER have gotten over that.

And my fear of being a pedophile has worn off. Attraction has won over it.

andariel Posted: Mon May 2 20:33:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>How old did he think you were?

He knew my age and even threw me a little party before I left for school 'cause my 18th birthday was 5 days after I moved to Durango.
I know, little sick aint it?

kurohyou Posted: Tue May 3 05:07:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  andariel said:
>kurohyou said:
>>How old did he think you were?
>
>He knew my age and even threw me a little party before I left for school 'cause my 18th birthday was 5 days after I moved to Durango.
>I know, little sick aint it?

I think creepy is a more appropriate description...on his part. Gotta wonder about a man like that.

For what it's worth...

FN Posted: Tue May 3 08:55:34 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  andariel said:
>I know, little sick aint it?

I dunnow if I should laugh or cry.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]