Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

England
Mesh Posted: Tue May 3 18:40:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  FORT HOOD, Texas - Defense lawyers sought leniency for Pfc. Lynndie England at a hearing Tuesday to determine her punishment in the Abu Ghraib prison abuse scandal, with a psychologist testifying that the reservist was oxygen-deprived at birth, speech impaired and had trouble learning to read.

Rest of the story here... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050503/ap_on_re_us/prisoner_abuse_england

Ok, number one, if thats true then how the fuck was she allowed in the military and shipped off to a war-zone. People who need special help simply shouldnt be allowed into the military. And thats not a mean thing to say either.

Number two, not to be mean, but if it is true, I'm not surprised, going on the photos and video clips I've seen of her.

Silentmind Posted: Tue May 3 20:35:44 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  See, thats the thing about the american military. The poverty draft. They [the americans] don't have the smartest military in the world. Thats how people like England get in.

SekiRay Posted: Wed May 4 05:50:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  that was harsh. i feel hurt...

SekiRay Posted: Wed May 4 05:50:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ow...

ifihadahif Posted: Wed May 4 06:37:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Silentmind said:
>See, thats the thing about the american military. The poverty draft. They [the americans] don't have the smartest military in the world. Thats how people like England get in.
>
What exactly is this "poverty draft" ?

addi Posted: Wed May 4 07:08:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>What exactly is this "poverty draft" ?

I believe at the recruiting centers now they make the potential recruits bring in their family's federal tax returns. If their income is under $15,000 gross, they're automatically in. If they made more than that they're rejected, but they hand them an application to join the Texas Air National Guard before they throw them out.

I'm sure it's true.

Mark Posted: Wed May 4 12:18:56 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ok, she probably wasn't completely retarded, but I don't know if recruiting her into the army was a great idea since her disabilities where well known.

They do test you before you are allowed to join don't they?

ifihadahif Posted: Wed May 4 12:37:11 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You have to have a high school diploma or equivalent and you do have to take a test to get in.
Your test scores are used to determine what job you might be eligible for.
Personally, I think her legal team is clutching at straws because there is not a lot of reasonable doubt about whether or not she did it.

Ahriman Posted: Wed May 4 17:55:54 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It really doesn't matter to me because come on....it's war. Making dudes lie on top of each other naked doesn't really hit the level of other war crime cases. It's pretty sad that people are talking about that when the true crimes are being performed in Sudan.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed May 4 22:05:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Like I said before, college hazings are worse torture than what I've seen come out of Abu Ghraib.
If you want to know what real POW torture is like, ask senator John McCain.

Silentmind Posted: Thu May 5 20:04:10 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The american military attempts to recruit the poorest of the poor. They are more willing to join, as they need the cash, and they are easy to train. In addition, they usally have the high school degree, but their marks are usually as low as possible. It makes sense for the military to get the numbers, as this section of society is the most likely to take up the "wonderous" offers and opportunities the military has. Operationally, however, you end up with a military that is unable to to much more than shoot first and ask questions later.

Silentmind Posted: Thu May 5 20:05:57 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  

>Your test scores are used to determine what job you might be eligible for.

Ya, and the lower your scores, the more likely you are to be put out front, shooting a rifle and getting shot. You are never going to put the brightest out front.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu May 5 23:08:04 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Silentmind said:
>The american military attempts to recruit the poorest of the poor. They are more willing to join, as they need the cash, and they are easy to train. In addition, they usally have the high school degree, but their marks are usually as low as possible. It makes sense for the military to get the numbers, as this section of society is the most likely to take up the "wonderous" offers and opportunities the military has. Operationally, however, you end up with a military that is unable to to much more than shoot first and ask questions later.
>
where do you get this stuff ?

ifihadahif Posted: Thu May 5 23:19:34 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Silentmind said:
>
>>Your test scores are used to determine what job you might be eligible for.
>
>
>Ya, and the lower your scores, the more likely you are to be put out front, shooting a rifle and getting shot. You are never going to put the brightest out front.
>
And your point is . . .

ifihadahif Posted: Thu May 5 23:21:12 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Silentmind said:
>>The american military attempts to recruit the poorest of the poor. They are more willing to join, as they need the cash, and they are easy to train. In addition, they usally have the high school degree, but their marks are usually as low as possible. It makes sense for the military to get the numbers, as this section of society is the most likely to take up the "wonderous" offers and opportunities the military has. Operationally, however, you end up with a military that is unable to to much more than shoot first and ask questions later.
>>
>where do you get this stuff ?
>
Your knowledge of the US armed services is obviously less than zero.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]