Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To
 

going
Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed May 4 12:56:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Good bye


 
DanSRose Posted: Wed May 4 13:18:01 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Don't go


 
Mesh Posted: Wed May 4 14:03:44 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I dont get it.


 
Mark Posted: Wed May 4 14:25:40 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  huh? what's this all about?


 
kurohyou Posted: Wed May 4 14:39:52 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My guess would be a vague way of telling us all that she's not going to be part of this forum anymore.

I was wondering though. Given that its the second thread of this title, I'm going to guess the the final one will be titled "gone"

But I'm a little torqued off right now, and pretty tired so I probably shouldn't even be responding to anything due to my heightened emotional state. But what the hell right.

For what its worth...


 
Mesh Posted: Wed May 4 15:22:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Au Contraire, Kuro. That is the best time to post.


 
kurohyou Posted: Wed May 4 15:51:45 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>Au Contraire, Kuro. That is the best time to post.

I'll concede that when I'm writing in my journal, some of my best things have been written in a heightened emotional state. But when I'm interacting with people I like to try to keep things on and even keel, balanced, and fair. Even if I'm pissed off. It's a standard I try to live by but oft times find myself failing short of.

I'm sure at some point before I start my farewell thread you all will read some of my agnst when I'm mad, but for now we will keep it a secret.

For what it's worth...


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed May 4 15:55:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>Don't go

y not?

i need a break. this summer.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed May 4 15:57:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You need a break from GT ?
How is that not an insult ?
you can't stay away anyhow, you love us too much.


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed May 4 16:12:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>You need a break from GT ?
yeah i think i do.

>How is that not an insult ?
cos puck left and you weren't insulted

>you can't stay away anyhow, you love us too much.
i love somethings abt gt but i don't like it when personal issues between gters can't be handled in private. i love mouse too much. and maybe that is my downfall. i'm glad i got to meet and talk to all of you guys. and who said i wasn't coming back.


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed May 4 16:16:44 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  alright it'd take too long to explain and most of it i can't. not at liberty to. besides, gt will go on perfectly fine without me. don't be silly. i'm going to possibly maybe come back this fall. not sure. don't sweat it. don't think it's personal or because i didn't like somebody's advice because that would be taking it too damn personal.

maybe if you want to see it that way you could.

but i need a break & i'm stressed out i have job hunting i need to take care of, life to live, a special person to hang out with, and friends to go to the beach with.

so i don't want to stay here much longer. or explain.

i'm angry at myself for asking advice, i'm sad about various personal life things, and regret putting my personal life out to people i don't know living across the globe to see. i'm not angry just tired. *big hug* don't miss me.


 
Mesh Posted: Wed May 4 16:18:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>meshuggah said:
>>Au Contraire, Kuro. That is the best time to post.
>
>I'll concede that when I'm writing in my journal, some of my best things have been written in a heightened emotional state. But when I'm interacting with people I like to try to keep things on and even keel, balanced, and fair. Even if I'm pissed off. It's a standard I try to live by but oft times find myself failing short of.
>
>I'm sure at some point before I start my farewell thread you all will read some of my agnst when I'm mad, but for now we will keep it a secret.
>
>For what it's worth...


Understood.

But, farewell thread? I hope this wont be coming anytime soon.


And C_Moon, understandable. If you feel you need a break, then a break you must take. I just hope you DO in fact choose to come back after a while. And tell Mouse that Mesh says hi, if you would be so kind.


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed May 4 16:23:46 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>And tell Mouse that Mesh says hi, if you would be so kind.

i don't mind but keep in mind mesh she wants to talk to YOU! she misses YOU. chat with her silly


 
sweet p Posted: Wed May 4 16:51:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  *sigh*


 
sweet p Posted: Wed May 4 16:53:49 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I take breaks from GT every now and then.

I hope it's a nice break.
I hope it's a short break.
And I hope not everyone starts leaving all at once.

See ya.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed May 4 16:59:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse didn't have to leave,
She's welcome here anytime.
To my knowledge, there was only one person that she had issues with, there are many others here.
I for one, would like to see her here all the time, as well as Sailovzi.



 
kurohyou Posted: Wed May 4 17:06:46 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>kurohyou said:
>>meshuggah said:
>>>Au Contraire, Kuro. That is the best time to post.
>>
>>I'll concede that when I'm writing in my journal, some of my best things have been written in a heightened emotional state. But when I'm interacting with people I like to try to keep things on and even keel, balanced, and fair. Even if I'm pissed off. It's a standard I try to live by but oft times find myself failing short of.
>>
>>I'm sure at some point before I start my farewell thread you all will read some of my agnst when I'm mad, but for now we will keep it a secret.
>>
>>For what it's worth...
>
>
>Understood.
>
>But, farewell thread? I hope this wont be coming anytime soon.
>

No farewell thread in my future, barring an unforseen accident with a bus. And at that point there wouldn't be much of a thread, just silence...

Besides this is really the only intellectual stimili I have in my life. After spending the day sorting hardware at work my mind is as numb as possible.

Cherry, best wishes on whatever it is you plan to do. Stay safe.

For what it's worth...


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed May 4 17:39:59 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Mouse didn't have to leave,
>She's welcome here anytime.
>To my knowledge, there was only one person that she had issues with, there are many others here.
>I for one, would like to see her here all the time, as well as Sailovzi.

mouse is stressed and busy.


 
Ahriman Posted: Wed May 4 17:45:34 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Enjoy life Cherry, have fun in the sun and get laid in the shade.


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed May 4 17:48:40 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>Enjoy life Cherry, have fun in the sun and get laid in the shade.

lol. thanx i will.


 
addi Posted: Wed May 4 18:19:54 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse has no issues with me. I talk to her...unless you know something i don't, hif : )

Puck is Ed. He still visits now and then

Sailovzi is Kira

Cherry, of course this place will still go on without you. it would still go on without me or any one of us. That's not the point. This place is better and healthier when we have a lot of posters from different places and different ages with their own unique outlook on life. We all learn from each other here (cept Chris, he knew all he had to know by the time he was 12) lol
Anyway, when we lose one regular here it does hurt this place as a whole, whether we agree with that person or like them even. I think the only person i can say that really has no socially redeeming qualities to add here is Nikki, and I'm still holding out hope for her : )

Bye (for now), and may the wind always be at your back


 
Aeon Posted: Wed May 4 18:44:22 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  If you can't transmit your life and personal problems out to various intelligent people living all over the globe... who CAN you transmit your personal problems to? Seriously, though, i think this is the best place to get advice. You get every end of the spectrum: the uber conservative (hif), the wacky liberal (addi), the macho douche bag (christophe), some british people (Sweet_P, ex-patriate Beetlebum), Meshuggah, philosopher (Crim), the brutally honest (Asswipe), our Pacific brethren (Chan, Ant, Momo occasionally) and the list goes on and on and on. Every demographic is represented... except midgets... and it's only a matter of time.


 
Mesh Posted: Wed May 4 18:50:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I didnt get anything? Not even: the churlish fool(meshuggah) or anything?


 
addi Posted: Wed May 4 19:03:42 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>I didnt get anything? Not even: the churlish fool(meshuggah) or anything?

Mesh: the one who speaks with no mouth (your indian name)


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed May 4 19:16:40 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>meshuggah said:
>>I didnt get anything? Not even: the churlish fool(meshuggah) or anything?
>
>Mesh: the one who speaks with no mouth (your indian name)

lmao. you're a trip addi. i'm gonna miss ya


 
sweet p Posted: Wed May 4 19:25:46 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aeon said:
>some british people (Sweet_P, ex-patriate Beetlebum)

hehehe. I am not british but I like their music, a lot of people of their kind, and fish and chips...I also have an embarrassing crush on Prince William [sometimes].


 
misszero Posted: Wed May 4 21:49:28 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>I didnt get anything? Not even: the churlish fool(meshuggah) or anything?


maybe there are no words.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed May 4 21:58:22 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Mouse has no issues with me. I talk to her...unless you know something i don't, hif : )
>
I know lots of things you don't know addie:-)
But my comment about mouse having issues with you was in the past tense.
A really good ex-teacher would probably have picked up on that.
LOL


 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed May 4 21:59:25 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aeon said:
>If you can't transmit your life and personal problems out to various intelligent people living all over the globe... who CAN you transmit your personal problems to? Seriously, though, i think this is the best place to get advice. You get every end of the spectrum: the uber conservative (hif)
>
Uber conservative. . .heh heh cool !


 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed May 4 22:00:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ok, Cherry, you have my permission to leave, but ya gotta do one thing for me.
When you finally do get laid, come back here and let me know whether you are a moaner or a screamer.
Either way your stress should be reduced.


 
beetlebum Posted: Wed May 4 22:01:26 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aeon said:
>If you can't transmit your life and personal problems out to various intelligent people living all over the globe... who CAN you transmit your personal problems to? Seriously, though, i think this is the best place to get advice. You get every end of the spectrum: the uber conservative (hif), the wacky liberal (addi), the macho douche bag (christophe), some british people (Sweet_P, ex-patriate Beetlebum), Meshuggah, philosopher (Crim), the brutally honest (Asswipe), our Pacific brethren (Chan, Ant, Momo occasionally) and the list goes on and on and on. Every demographic is represented... except midgets... and it's only a matter of time.

I'm honored I even got a mention. (Fo real.)




 
Mesh Posted: Wed May 4 22:14:17 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:
>Aeon said:
>>some british people (Sweet_P, ex-patriate Beetlebum)
>
>I also have an embarrassing crush on Prince William [sometimes].

See my last blog for my opinion on royal families.

Boo the royalty.














(Its really just because they have what I want, but cannot get :(... )


 
Mesh Posted: Wed May 4 22:15:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>
>maybe there are no words.


So.....so youre saying, I'm not worth words? :*(


 
beetlebum Posted: Wed May 4 22:17:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon. Don't go.

But if you must, I want to leave you with this. I don't really know what's on your mind, but I'll miss those posts of yours that give me just a glimmer. I miss Mouse, too. Although you kids were veritable trouble when you mucked about on the forum, I still really enjoyed and liked you.

Anyway.
Here it is, from Hermann Hesse's *Demian*. It might not be applicable at all, but I find that to any thinker, it generally is applicable in some way or another:

Few people nowadays know what man is. Many sense this ignorance and die the more easily because of it, the same way that I will die more easily once I have completed this story.

I do not consider myself less ignorant than most people. I have been and still am a seeker, but I have ceased to question stars and books; I have begun to listen to the teachings my blood whispers to me. My story is not a pleasant one; it is neither sweet nor harmonious, as invented stories are; it has the taste of nonsense and chaos, of madness and dreams--like the lives of all men who stop deceiving themselves.

Each man's life represents a road toward himself, an attempt at such a road, the intimation of a path. No man has ever been entirely and completely himself. Yet each one strives to become that-one in an awkward, the other in a more intelligent way, each as best he can. Each man carries the vestiges of his birth--the slime and eggshells of his primeval past--with him to the end of his days. Some never become human, remaining frog, lizard, ant. Some are human above the waist, fish below. Each represents a gamble on the part of nature in creation of the human. We all share the same origin, our mothers; all of us come in at the same door. But each of us--experiments of the depths--strives toward his own destiny. We can understand one another; but each of us is able to interpret himself to himself alone.

...


Also, if you ever end up in England, email me. I have a house that I'll be living in and a small, well-tended garden that I love... you're welcome to sleep on my air mattress anytime. I'm a good cook and this is the land of rainbows. I don't know if there are faeries here, but there may be some leprechauns. That's the best I can do.

Farewell!

PS: The invite stands for all, so long as you're not psychotic and I'm around and I like you. Grin.


 
beetlebum Posted: Wed May 4 22:20:00 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>misszero said:
>>
>>maybe there are no words.
>
>
>So.....so youre saying, I'm not worth words? :*(

Grin. So not true. I love your posts. Sometimes one cannot capture another's brilliance with words. Interpretive dance to Enya is the only way.


 
Mesh Posted: Wed May 4 22:25:28 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>
>PS: The invite stands for all, so long as you're not psychotic


Rules me out. And quite possibly Dan. We dont know yet, though. The jury is still out on him.


 
beetlebum Posted: Wed May 4 22:32:58 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>beetlebum said:
>>
>>PS: The invite stands for all, so long as you're not psychotic
>
>
>Rules me out.

Damn.


 
Aeon Posted: Thu May 5 00:18:04 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mesh, you're too cool for a description.


 
Aeon Posted: Thu May 5 00:24:29 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>meshuggah said:
>>misszero said:
>>>
>>>maybe there are no words.
>>
>>
>>So.....so youre saying, I'm not worth words? :*(
>
>Grin. So not true. I love your posts. Sometimes one cannot capture another's brilliance with words. Interpretive dance to Enya is the only way.

I'm about to get my Orinoco Flow on.


 
Asswipe Posted: Thu May 5 02:28:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
> gt will go on perfectly fine without me.

word

bye



 
Asswipe Posted: Thu May 5 02:31:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>
>Few people nowadays know what man is. Many sense this ignorance and die the more easily because of it, the same way that I will die more easily once I have completed this story.
>
>I do not consider myself less ignorant than most people. I have been and still am a seeker, but I have ceased to question stars and books; I have begun to listen to the teachings my blood whispers to me. My story is not a pleasant one; it is neither sweet nor harmonious, as invented stories are; it has the taste of nonsense and chaos, of madness and dreams--like the lives of all men who stop deceiving themselves.
>
>Each man's life represents a road toward himself, an attempt at such a road, the intimation of a path. No man has ever been entirely and completely himself. Yet each one strives to become that-one in an awkward, the other in a more intelligent way, each as best he can. Each man carries the vestiges of his birth--the slime and eggshells of his primeval past--with him to the end of his days. Some never become human, remaining frog, lizard, ant. Some are human above the waist, fish below. Each represents a gamble on the part of nature in creation of the human. We all share the same origin, our mothers; all of us come in at the same door. But each of us--experiments of the depths--strives toward his own destiny. We can understand one another; but each of us is able to interpret himself to himself alone.
>

man, humans have really played a good number of tricks on ourselves with this whole "language" thing.


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Thu May 5 13:14:39 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Ok, Cherry, you have my permission to leave, but ya gotta do one thing for me.
>When you finally do get laid, come back here and let me know whether you are a moaner or a screamer.

will do

>Either way your stress should be reduced.

yeah *rolls eyes that land on the floor* *stoops to them dust off*


 
Aeon Posted: Fri May 6 11:39:45 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  This reminds me of Wayne's World.

"I'm leaving."

"Fine. Just go, then."

"I am."

"All right. Go."

"I'm outta here."

"What are you waiting for. Go."

Something like that.


 
misszero Posted: Fri May 6 12:03:55 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:

>So.....so youre saying, I'm not worth words? :*(

i meant that maybe there are no words to describe you. :( now i feel sad. this isn't inuit-land. we don't have 46bazillion words for mesh.


 



[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]