Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Mother's Day
FN Posted: Sun May 8 06:15:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Bullshit or what?

I was planning on buying my mother one of those coffee machine things, since that was the only thing I could come up with that she'd actually get something out of.

Told that to my grandmother, who decided that she'd buy it and we'd have to tell our mother that we bought it (she didn't want us to spend any money on it). I told her not to do that, but she did anyway. My mother got the coffee machine thing from my grandmother 2 days or something ago, and I told her we didn't buy it, because, well, we didn't buy it.

So anyway, today is mother's day, I go downstairs, say hello and throw in a playful "happy mother's day, or whatever floats your boat" and give her a kiss.

So we (my mother, brother and me) are sitting at the table and she looks at us like "what did you get me", so I tell her that we were planning on getting the coffee thing but our grandmother beat us to it and that I couldn't think of anything useful that we didn't already have so we didn't get her anything.

And that's when all melodramatic hell broke lose.

I'm not good with situations like that so I told her to cut the crap and stop acting like a puberating pre-teen already, but it didn't do much good one could say.

So, what did you people get.

Mark Posted: Sun May 8 06:35:40 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Just a simple box of chocolate... nothing fancy. But since my mother does a lot of stuff for our family I sometimes buy little things for her, just to let her know we appreciate it and not only think about my mom on mothersday.

Mesh Posted: Sun May 8 07:47:07 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nothing.

addi Posted: Sun May 8 09:38:01 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>So, what did you people get.

A long distance phone call telling her how much I love her.

it was between that or sending her one of those chia pet thingies.

CorDrine Posted: Sun May 8 09:45:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  This year, I had an extra mother inlaw to take care of as well. Got both of them a bottle of anti-wrinkled cream! Ho ho ho

beetlebum Posted: Sun May 8 09:49:33 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I mailed my mom some chocolates and a nice card, and a mug that I knew she'd like. Lame, but moms are so hard to buy for.

Posted: Sun May 8 11:44:25 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I got her a tree.

A flowering Dogwood tree, to be exact.

She loves to garden.

breeze Posted: Sun May 8 12:07:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i got her flowers & tickets to Salvador Dali Exhibition. So we are heading there right now with her...

Zacq Posted: Sun May 8 17:34:12 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I got her yellowish French tulips. I didn't like them that much, but my boss picked them out and was letting me have them free, so I didn't argue. (I work at a garden center.)

red Posted: Sun May 8 18:33:57 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Am I going crazy or wasn't Mother's day a few weeks ago?
:S

breeze Posted: Sun May 8 19:11:58 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  red said:
>Am I going crazy or wasn't Mother's day a few weeks ago?
>:S

Do you mean March 8th? that's when they celebrate international women's day in my country, which is pretty much mother's day..

choke Posted: Mon May 9 02:50:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I rubbed my mums feet :)

Silentmind Posted: Mon May 9 23:20:33 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I wrote her a letter, and gave it to her a day late.

Silentmind Posted: Mon May 9 23:27:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  She cried.

choke Posted: Tue May 10 03:42:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Silentmind said:
>She cried.

Because it was late or because it was a nice letter? :P

Kira Posted: Thu Apr 6 01:18:38 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I so love my mom. She is my ideal person.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]