Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Ambitions
Paulo Posted: Mon May 9 09:08:21 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Any ambitions left to fill people?

I ask only because I fulfilled one of my four ambitions today by getting myself onto the imdb.com (albeit only as a runner) that leaves being in Empire Filme Magazine, and winning and Oscar and Bafta.

Mesh Posted: Mon May 9 09:35:58 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well, let me first congratulate you on achieving one of your goals. Second, allow me to wish you success in attemting to obtain your other goals.

As far as me, I'd like to one day be a teacher. No joke.

Aeon Posted: Mon May 9 11:30:58 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Paulo said:
>Any ambitions left to fill people?
>
>I ask only because I fulfilled one of my four ambitions today by getting myself onto the imdb.com (albeit only as a runner) that leaves being in Empire Filme Magazine, and winning and Oscar and Bafta.

I have the same ambitions... though, really I don't want to win awards, just be deified by rabid fanboys.

Posted: Mon May 9 11:46:11 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I hope somebody puts me on a tshirt some day.

Ahriman Posted: Mon May 9 16:10:51 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Save a life, sky dive, fight against incredible odds, escape certain death, and not shock myself when I touch the door knob in the computer room.

choke Posted: Mon May 9 16:18:58 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I climbed a mountain and filled my entire sight with a colour other than black a few weeks ago.. Now I gotta find me a new life ambition :(

Ed Posted: Mon May 9 16:45:15 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'd like to find out what the fuck, "PC LOAD LETTER" means!

innocenceNonus Posted: Mon May 9 16:58:36 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wow! IMDB?!

That's a pretty awesome goal fulfilled.

I want to join the Peace Corps... save some lives. See the world. Get into photography. Write something worth reading. Change a few lives in a positive way....

Oh. And have lots of babies.

Aeon Posted: Mon May 9 17:03:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I want to throw a rock into the sun, pick a flower that lasts forever, hold on to something that I never want to let go, cause a billion smiles and erase a trillion tears.

jennemmer Posted: Mon May 9 18:46:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I want to get my PhD and a black belt. That's plenty for now. I would also love to have set foot on every continant including the antarctic but that's just a money issue. I will have some someday I hope.

Just for the record my first is going to be keeping me away from here for a while. Unlike last summer I will be down working with the actual equipment all day instead of working at my computer. I'll be droping by but with only a lunch hour a day to do everything I want to do online I will probably be pretty quiet for a while.

FN Posted: Mon May 9 18:53:29 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have countless ambitions, and pretty confident that I can achieve most of them.

A lot of stuff has been put on hold though as the last year of my life has been exceptionally difficult on a personal level which caused me to let some stuff slide a little.

2 main ambitions at the moment are getting my full driver's license (this week or next week if all goes well) and getting my master degree somewhere within the next 4 years.

I have many others, but a lot of energy is being drained because of all kinds of other stuff, so most ambitions are put on hold for a while.

choke Posted: Tue May 10 04:36:18 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>>I have many others, but a lot of energy is being drained because of all kinds of other stuff, so most ambitions are put on hold for a while.

Slacker! :P

breeze Posted: Tue May 10 09:13:31 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:
>Wow! IMDB?!
>
>That's a pretty awesome goal fulfilled.
>
>I want to join the Peace Corps... save some lives. See the world. Get into photography. Write something worth reading. Change a few lives in a positive way....

I hope it works out for you =) I admire Peace Corp volunteers. My American "brother" used to be one, and we had a lot of them in my country. Not every person will agree to leave home for 2 years, work for almost no pay in the world's most remote places just to make this world a better place..

As about my ambitions, I have tons of them and so far I've been pretty good in achieving them. For the closest period of time though, I want to get my MBA from Stanford (fingers crossed), travel around Middle East, and hopefully start my own business within the next 4-5 years.

cookies&cream Posted: Tue May 10 18:00:45 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i've got several ambitions. i'll start with wanting to leave an impression on others. a positive one.

i'd also like to fall in love. i don't think i'd mind being sucked into the quicksand of romance. could be exciting. but what's on the other side?

i'd like to help people. lots of people.

being on a tshirt would be fun too, like criminal said.

i'd like to meet lots of new people.

i'd like to bungee jump off of a really high cliff...and just get caught up in the plunge. it'd have to be someplace that is surrounded by....landscape. no buildings....no cars....etc.

i'd like to make people realize the truth.

i really hope to be a filmmaker...not necessarily professional, but it would still be fun.

that's about it, i think.

cookies&cream Posted: Tue May 10 18:02:15 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  oh, i forgot about making some really cool music and inspiring the world.

CorDrine Posted: Tue May 10 20:31:33 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  For my short term planning, I want to complete my master, after that, maybe have 2 kids, master my japanese, and maybe take up guitar again.

For my long term planning, I want to learn to grow my investment, make a career switch, and maybe migrate to cooler country.

And oh yeah, I want my marriage to last forever.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]