Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

spiders
Ahriman Posted: Wed May 11 20:02:43 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://arachnophiliac.co.uk/burrow/drugged.htm

http://www.caffeineweb.com/FlatBWCaffeinatedSpider.jpg

beetlebum Posted: Wed May 11 20:50:02 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The caffeine web really bothers me, because I have tea at least three times a day. Sigh. Looks like I'd be better off smoking a joint. o_0

DanSRose Posted: Wed May 11 21:17:04 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The January issue of National Geographic had their cover story on caffeine. It's the only chemical drug (it's a stimulant, similiar to cocaine) found in all cultures, historical, from the Aztecs and Mayas to modern India and the rest of the world. It has been observed to alter sleep patterns and alter moods, but most studies have caffeine to increase mood and energy and focus mental facalties. Essentially the article had nothing but good things to say abotu our favorite drug.

They also had a cool table showing how much caffeine is in popular foods and beverages:
Hershey's milk chocolate almond bar, 6 oz.: 25 mg
Espresso, 1-oz. shot: 40 mg
Brewed tea:, 8 oz. cup: 50 mg
Coca-cola, 20 oz. bottle: 57 mg
Red Bull energy drink: 8.3 oz can: 80 mg
Excedrin pain reliever, 2 tablets: 130 mg
Brewed coffee: 12 oz cup: 200 mg
Mountain Dew, 64 oz Double Big Gulp: 294 mg (just ew)

misszero Posted: Thu May 12 09:06:56 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i personally enjoyed the picture of the big lump of waxy stuff that is the product of decaffeination. yum yum.

DanSRose Posted: Thu May 12 12:33:09 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  That grossed me out. Especially with the science dude spitting. Ewwww.
I personally loved the espresso art. I wanted to lick the page, but I figured paper doesn't taste as nearly as good as the real thing.

antartica Posted: Fri May 13 09:27:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kewl... so technically i'm getting more "hits" from my 3 to 6 mugs of coffee a day....... sweeeeeeettt

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]