Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Drop out
CorDrine Posted: Sun Jun 5 09:33:09 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Any of you ever drop out from school or a course before? What made you do it? Did you cared what other people thought then?

kurohyou Posted: Sun Jun 5 11:00:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CorDrine said:
>Any of you ever drop out from school or a course before? What made you do it? Did you cared what other people thought then?

I dropped out of my last year of college, 1 semester before I was to graduate. It was a hard decision to make because I had spent so much time trying to finish. But a number of personal issues which needed addressing demanded that I focus my attention differently. As it was, because of my distractions, I was not doing well in school anyway.

I vowed to myself to finish school one of these days. Its been 5 years since I stopped school. I'm looking into going back in the fall and taking night classes, just to finish. Though I will probably never use my degree, I still want to finish it.

Weigh your decision and make the one that is best for you. The arena of other people's opinions can be a difficult place to be at times. Hopefully, those around you will be understanding and supportive of whatever decision you make. However, even if they disagree for some reason, the decision whether to continue or not to continue is yours to make. You will need to be the one who is dealing with the logistics of going to school.

I don't know what your reasons are, but I would say as long as your reasons are your own, go with it. There is no point in doing something if it doesn't feel right to you. And while it may be hard in the long run, you will feel better about the decision you make if you make it for yourself.

For what it's worth...

FN Posted: Sun Jun 5 12:06:34 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm currently more or less in the middle of my exams and chances are I'm fucking up, bad.

Had law and economy, which are both 50/50 chance that I pass, or fail.

Tomorrow it's mathematics (statistics), and I have a feeling I'll be fucking that one up too. Too much to learn in too little time.

After that economical history, I'll pass that one.

Then English, will pass that one too.

Then bookkeeping, gonna fail that one for sure.

Then french, probably going to fuck that one up as well.

Conclusions is that I'm fucked this year, but I'm not dropping anything, I just try and get as many points as possible.

libra Posted: Sun Jun 5 13:46:45 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I dropped an italian class once. Because I didn't like the teacher and I didnt think i could catch up in Italian (i hadn't taken it for a few months). But as far as a reaction from others, no one really cared.

I've been more self-conscious of the fact that I went to the nearby community college instead of going straight from high school to a true university. I had the grades to transfer to a university, i was just scared, and that is something i'm more insecure about.

But I know myself that the jc is one of the best things i could have done. not only was my school paid for by scholarships, but i had amazing teachers and i don't know if i would have gone in the same direction had i gone to a university straight away.

Posted: Sun Jun 5 14:19:23 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Then french, probably going to fuck that one up as well.

Mais voyons donc!

FN Posted: Sun Jun 5 17:35:09 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Who hates multiple choice with point deduction for mistakes, raise your hand

*raises 2 hands*

Mesh Posted: Sun Jun 5 22:37:57 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Motivated Motivated Highly Highly Motivated OOH AH I WANNA KILL SOMEBODY, OOH AH I WANNA KILL SOMEBODY, SOOON! Trained to kill! Kill we WILL!

Mesh Posted: Mon Jun 6 07:43:33 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I once took a Marketing course. A few months into it, I thought "What the hell? This isnt me. Im not going to do this." And I quit. People were not happy, but its my life, my decisions.

CorDrine Posted: Mon Jun 6 10:18:26 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm in my first semester of my postgrad, and all I can think of is quiting. A lot of people ain't going to be happy. Most will be disappointed at me. Most think I am crazy or letting this chance go. Its not that I can't pull it thru, its just that, I want my life back. And life here means having the time to enjoy my weekend with my family, having peaceful sleep at night without worrying about assignment dateline, enjoying cooking a two hour meal on a sunday without the guilt of time wasted not studying.....

Does it make any sense to tell the world that I don't want it all. I just want to stay at home, live happily with my family? I'm confused. But all I know is, for the ast 6 months, I have not been happy. I have been stressed. And I can't enjoy any free time I have at all without a sense of guilt.

choke Posted: Tue Jun 7 05:20:58 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've been kicked out of about four courses?

addi Posted: Tue Jun 7 07:12:57 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>I've been kicked out of about four courses?

are you asking or telling us?

: )

Mesh Posted: Tue Jun 7 07:23:12 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>are you asking or telling us?
>
>
>: )

Maybe a bit of both.

choke Posted: Wed Jun 8 02:12:31 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>addi said:
>>
>>are you asking or telling us?
>>
>>
>>: )
>
>
>Maybe a bit of both.

Yes, both :P I was telling, but asking if it was relevant, having not read the origional question :P

addi Posted: Wed Jun 8 07:01:08 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>Yes, both :P I was telling, but asking if it was relevant, having not read the origional question :P

Well dammit, tiff! You better start reading the origonal post before you respond!
I think you need to go to your room, put on something that would tempt NZ guys to touch you in "unlikely places", and think about your behavior!

: )

Mesh Posted: Wed Jun 8 07:13:10 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Or she can think about me. I'm dreamy.

Or, I wish I was uh-harharhar.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]