Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Nazca
FN Posted: Mon Jun 6 16:22:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Any of you ever heard about these things? Incredible.

http://www.goodbyemag.com/jun98/reiche.html

The spider is supposed to be so detailed that a very rare particular species can be recognized in it. Don't know if it's true, but it's still cool.

http://www.chez.com/cropcircles/Nazca.htm

If you do a search for it you find a lot of crap about UFO's, but I doubt that it has anything to do with it at all lol.

I just think it's weird that people made these things that are only visible from the air, it's incredible how they managed to do this, and how they could have been sure that what they had made actually looked like what it was supposed to look like.

Aeon Posted: Mon Jun 6 17:43:45 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Interesting indeed. Reminds me of the Mayan people and how they had carvings of what looked like a man in a plane wearing a space helmet... they built a replica of the ship that was carved and it actually flew.

OoooOOoooooooO

DanSRose Posted: Tue Jun 7 01:29:25 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  A geologist a few years did an underground survey of the lines and determined that they are 1:1 full scale maps of underground rivers, something useful to have if you are living in a desert that is akin to the surface of Mars. The full size pictograms (the Monkey, the Hummingbird, the Spider, etc.) are visible from both the air and the regions mountains. There is a small range in the middle of the Nazca Desert, next to the Shaman pictogram. Also, there are mountains on the desert's western border.
The biggest problem for confirming this is that some these rivers have dried up or changed course. Still, you can see the channels they cut into the bedrock.

Here is one link:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/science/archaeology/2001-02-14-nazca.htm

FN Posted: Tue Jun 7 05:59:17 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Why would you make images that big to indicate a certain spot for water, why would you make it an image in the first place like that of a spider when nobody can see it anyway.

Mark Posted: Tue Jun 7 15:13:26 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yup.. heard about these. If you want a bid of "out of space" theory you could read books by Erich von Daniken.

DanSRose Posted: Tue Jun 7 19:04:31 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's not a certain spot water- they are full scale map-overlays of underground rivers, which shift course or something. I don't quite know the geology of aquifiers.

They are given defined shapes as a way of identification. Sort of "In May, we'll get our water from under the Monkey lines, then in June, it'll be under Hummingbird lines..."

FN Posted: Wed Jun 8 06:00:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Still, I don't think that explanation really fits.

There is still no point in making such figures out of them if nobody can see them anyway, I'd like to see you recognize something of that magnitude just by walking along its lines.

Also, I doubt that the underwater rivers would magically follow the lines of the drawings, and if they don't, it would be a very inadequate and cumbersome way to indicate their presence.

Also, I've read that not all of them have anything to do with underwater rivers.

Mesh Posted: Wed Jun 8 06:21:15 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Also interesting is the Paracas skulls and how fucked up they are. I remember seeing a show about it on TLC or Discovery channel.

Heres a couple links.

http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_6.htm

http://www.crystalinks.com/incanskulls.html

DanSRose Posted: Wed Jun 8 11:21:52 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The lines were manmade, designed to follow the lines through whatever techniques they had to determine water was directly underneath, whether it was a forked diving rod or something else. Simply, you dig a well over there *points* you'll get water.
Lots things today have significant shapes without being seen at ground level. Most urban architecture was designed to convey some sort of message. For example, Baroque city planning is centered around the idea of circles, which links statehouses and government buildings directly to religious houses of worship along a straight line in, direct line of sight, with intent and purpose of linking religion and the means of civilization. That's just 1 example of architecture on an unseen level effecting a culture.
Your assumption is that they needed to see the pictograms. They didn't. They just needed to know that they were there.
Aquifiers are underground bodies of water and ruled by the the forces that effect the Earth and water, meaning that they can shift, dry up, or close up.

DanSRose Posted: Wed Jun 8 11:27:06 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Shaped skulls are freaky. I can't "science" or "culture" explain away those.

What's creepier are these.
http://www.crystalinks.com/crystalskulls.html
Mainly this:
"The unknown artist also used no metal tools. Dorland was unable to find signs of any tell-tale scratch marks on the crystal, under high-powered microscopic analysis. Indeed, most metals would have been ineffectual, for the crystal has a specific gravity of 2.65, and a Mohs hardness factor of 7. In other words, even a modern penknife cannot make a mark on it."

And this:
"The enigma of the skull, however, does not end with just its making. The zygomatic arches (the bone arch extending along the sides and front of the cranium) are accurately separated from the skull piece, and act as light pipes, using principles similar to modern optics, to channel light from the base of the skull to the eye sockets. The eye sockets in turn are miniature concave lenses that also transfer light from a source below, into the upper cranium. Finally, in the interior of the skull is a ribbon prism and tiny light tunnels, by which objects held beneath the skull are magnified and brightened. Richard Garvin, who authored a book about the crystal skull, believes the skull was designed to be placed over an upward shining beam. The result, with the various light transfers and prismatic effects, would illuminate the entire skull and cause the sockets to become glowing eyes. Dorland performed experiments using this technique, and reported the skull 'lights up like it was on fire.'

Still another finding about the crystal skull reveals knowledge of weights and fulcrum points. The jaw piece fits precisely onto the skull by two polished sockets, which allow the jaw to move up and down. The skull itself can be balanced exactly where two tiny holes are drilled on each side of its base, which probably once held suspending supports. So perfect is the balance at these points that the slightest breeze causes the skull to nod back and forth, the jaw opening and closing as counter-weight. The visual effect is that of a living skull, talking and articulating."

Bzoso Posted: Sat Jun 11 16:55:33 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Maybe they were just bored....I mean hey, it was 300BC in PERU.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]