Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Festival Camping
Paulo Posted: Tue Jun 7 07:26:51 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  This weekend I am travelling to the Donnington Folk Festival to see such folk acts as Megadeth, Anthrax, Slipknot, Slayer, System Of A Down, Napalm Death, Black Sabbath Velvet Revoler etc.

It will be my third time "camping" and I have now refined the art of packing to something resembling a Tracy Emin piece.

The question is does anyone feel I have left something out? Now in an ideal world it would be socially acceptable for me to take a portable Television but as its a Music festival the patrons, and my friends frown upon it. I will simple have to do with my Internet Explorer enabled SPV.#

I will be packing the following:

5 pairs of socks (going for four days, 1 spare pair)

5 pairs of pants (see above)

3 T-shirts (not including the one i'll be wearing there)

3 pairs of trousers (should the weather look like its going undo its zip and empty its bladder onto me it will be 4 pairs, if it develops bladder stones and simply drizzls it will be three)

1 jumper.

1 towel - (in case it rains)

Wetwipes (for face cleaning as I will not be showering)

A torch

Toothbrush & paste

Airbed

Small Pillow and sleeping bag

Lighter

wellies (to be kept in the car in case of mud-out)

1 coat (not sure If I should take two or take an old one that has the amazing ability to turn into a fanny pack when not being used.

2 Asthma Pumps

My driving license (for age verification and Identification in case of death)

Bank card (to be kept in wallet with cash and driving license which will be in my left, zipped trouser pocket at all times)

Watch

100 cash (the burgers are very expensive.

3 small tins of Baked Beans (Heinz of course)

3 Pasties

8 Cans of 7-up (I would get Mountain Dew but they don't sell it anymore, 8 will allow me two drinks a day at the camp site)

1 large bottle of water (for bed hair cure and teeth cleaning.)

4 bottles of Fruit juice (to keep me on the right side of regular)

5 packets of wotsits

5 Snickers

So aside from the tent is there anything else I should consuider taking?

FN Posted: Tue Jun 7 07:30:50 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I never got why people go "festival camping" in the first place.

It seems like you're going away for 2 weeks.

Mesh Posted: Tue Jun 7 07:34:25 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I had typed up a couple of things, but then reread your list right before posting, and its a good thing I did, because they were things on your list.

I'd say it looks like you've got it pretty well covered. However, maybe some condoms? You never know....
Also perhaps some sort of bug repellent and a couple of pain medication pills just in case you get a headache or something. Oh, and sunscreen.

addi Posted: Tue Jun 7 08:20:07 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  judging from the groups that will be there I'd say pack some ear plugs.

: )

Have a freaky time, Paulo

ps don't forget a small first aid kit. You always end up needing band-aids or tweezers or antibiotic ointment when you don't have it with you.

Paulo Posted: Tue Jun 7 08:33:43 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm glad I seem to have everything. I completely understand why Christophe doesn't get Festival Camping, If i could I'd travel there everyday but its not practical. I've packed a lot because I am in love with modern life, nature can kiss my ass. I love TV's, the internet, DVD's, electric reclining chairs, fridge's, phones it goes on and on. I'm going primarily to see the bands play a heck of a lot of music and so people around me can't complain that I never go on Holiday (I dislike travel)

I would take condoms but i'm sure my girlfriend (who is not coming) would disapprove, then again hanging them full of air from my tent would make spotting my "bed" a whole lot easier.

FN Posted: Tue Jun 7 09:31:32 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Why can't your girlfriend come along?

She has to be in bed by 10?

Cheap shot I know, forgive me.

Anyway, I might be going to this (see link below) if I feel like it, also a lot of people but it only lasts a day/night.

http://www.cityparade.be

And ofcourse the following are also events where you can find me for sure

http://www.ilovetechno.be/

http://www.id-t.be/events/sensation_white160405/

http://www.id-t.be/be/videoarchief/first_andre.mpg (clip of the last edition, the one I went to, some of my friends are in the clip but I'm not :o( I'll be on the DVD though, will be sure to post a clip of that when it arrives :o)

And perhaps I'll go to this one too, but I'm not sure as it'll probably be around the time that I'll have to redo some exams:

http://www.id-t.be/events/tomorrowland140805/intro3.html

Paulo Posted: Tue Jun 7 09:37:56 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Heh heh my girlfriend isn't coming because I didn't ask her. I've had to apologise for not asking her (even though she detestes Slipknot) by taking her out for dinner which i'm happy to do. She's coming to the Reading Festival which is more girl friendly music wise (ouch that was sexist)

I cannot describe the scene when I clicked on the Techno Parade only to be greeted to Techno music blasting from my speakers at the same time as Queens of The Stone Age was on Media Player ... it bizarrely worked.

misszero Posted: Tue Jun 7 09:42:03 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  oh paulo, you so don't need that many pairs of pants. not if its a festival. pants are garments which can be worn more than once without washing. ESPECIALLY AT A FESTIVAL. (p.s. those capitals were intentional)

maybe 2 pairs. 3 at the most. (and remember, this advice is coming from a girl, and we're renowned for packing more than we need)

FN Posted: Tue Jun 7 09:46:56 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Paulo said:
>I cannot describe the scene when I clicked on the Techno Parade only to be greeted to Techno music blasting from my speakers at the same time as Queens of The Stone Age was on Media Player ... it bizarrely worked.

You should check out the mixtape I posted on crim's forum.

Or you could just check out "Audiobullys - Bang Bang" if you think you might be interested in techno remixkes of familiar songs.

beetlebum Posted: Tue Jun 7 13:52:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>oh paulo, you so don't need that many pairs of pants. not if its a festival. pants are garments which can be worn more than once without washing. ESPECIALLY AT A FESTIVAL. (p.s. those capitals were intentional)
>
>maybe 2 pairs. 3 at the most. (and remember, this advice is coming from a girl, and we're renowned for packing more than we need)

Are we talking about pants=underwear (they do in Britain) or pant=trousers (America and the rest of the English-speaking world)?

Because if we are talking underwear, I don't care what anyone says... it should be changed everyday. Especially if you aren't showering. :o)

innocenceNonus Posted: Tue Jun 7 15:36:06 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh Festival Camping. Makes me think of Bonnaroo.

Which I cannot go to this year. But I will go. Some year. Just watch and wait. I will!

Ok. Maybe not, because I'm switching from the East Coast to West Coast. But it's a nice dream.

Have fun, Paulo!

Beep Posted: Tue Jun 7 15:51:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  heh, i take it 'fanny pack' is not a good thing.
i was going to go to reading this year, but as soon as i scraped enough money they sold out. gits.
you look pretty much sorted.
i hate the way food is so overprised at festivals, makes me want to.. i odn't know what.

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Jun 7 15:56:00 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Paulo said:
>This weekend I am travelling to the Donnington Folk Festival to see such folk acts as Megadeth, Anthrax, Slipknot, Slayer, System Of A Down, Napalm Death, Black Sabbath Velvet Revoler etc.
>
Oh, I just love folk music !

DanSRose Posted: Tue Jun 7 19:09:57 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  SOCKS!! Bring more SOCKS!
5 for 4 days? nonono. Bring 7 for 4 days. Your feet will thank you, and if that's too many, sell a pair or 2. People will __DO__ things for fresh socks after few days of not having any.

misszero Posted: Thu Jun 9 10:02:00 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
pants=underwear (they do in Britain) or pant=trousers (America and the rest of the English-speaking world)?

damn you britain. now i feel unclean.

but hey, spot on with the trousers.

sweet p Posted: Thu Jun 9 10:22:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>damn you britain. now i feel unclean.
>
>but hey, spot on with the trousers.

I think the girl in your photo is pretty.
Is that you?

FN Posted: Thu Jun 9 10:39:09 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:
>I think the girl in your photo is pretty.

I can imagine some people paying good money to see those 2 bald guys out of their hammock haha.

;o)

Mesh Posted: Thu Jun 9 10:55:31 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Holy Cow, we know what misszero looks like. I somehow pictured you differently, or something. I dont know, I'm not sure how I pictured you actually.

Same goes for all GTers who've never put a pic of themself up. I have a mental image of them....but, I dont.

And hush Chris!

OnTopic: Have fun, Paulo, whatever you take with you, just have lots of fun.

misszero Posted: Thu Jun 9 11:18:11 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yes, that's me, thankyou Sweet P :) i used to have an avatar back in the jurassic period. to be honest, i was hoping ludwig might make me over, tee hee hee.

does this mean i'm not a phantom gt'er anymore?

misszero Posted: Thu Jun 9 11:19:01 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  also, Mesh, now i'm curious about what you thought i look like.

Mesh Posted: Thu Jun 9 11:32:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I always pictured you with really really bright red hair, for some reason.

BUT, like Sweet P said, you're pretty. I think GT is a pretty lady magnet, or something.

JQ, is their some sort of subliminal message thing going on here?

addi Posted: Thu Jun 9 11:40:33 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>i was hoping ludwig might make me over, tee hee hee.

I'm afraid of what Ludwig might end up with if he used this current pic

DanSRose Posted: Thu Jun 9 22:51:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Don't fear Ludwig. He's our friend!

Sweet P said:
>I think the girl in your photo is pretty.

And I concur.

misszero Posted: Fri Jun 10 01:18:22 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  *little smile*

i used to have red hair, Mesh

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Jun 10 06:46:09 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>*little smile*
>
>i used to have red hair, Mesh
>
I would LOVE to paint your toenails !

addi Posted: Fri Jun 10 07:03:01 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>Don't fear Ludwig. He's our friend!

...just don't get on his bad side : )

*Ahem...a certain Danny Boy has yet to send in a pic for Lud to use...

and you too asswipe!
and Kuro
and Dancer
and 2d
and Mr. Ed, the talking horse
and Kira
and Beep
and Innocence
and...?

AND where in the hell has ant and EveryLittleBreeze and Bzoso and zacq and Laurie and Dan632 and Marsi and Jazer been lately? You got some splainin' to do people!

(Nikki I haven't missed, but i feel bad for saying it...sort of)

Mesh Posted: Fri Jun 10 07:21:38 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>AND where in the hell has ant and EveryLittleBreeze and Bzoso and zacq and Laurie and Dan632 and Marsi and Jazer been lately? You got some splainin' to do people!
>

That list could go on and on. As for Ant though I think I he went on another assingment for his job, the others though....I've no idear.

And I have missed Nikki, but I feel bad for saying it....really bad.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Jun 10 08:41:39 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I miss Joy and Hypocrite

FN Posted: Fri Jun 10 09:22:50 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I miss my careless youth.

Ed Posted: Fri Jun 10 11:40:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>*Ahem...a certain Danny Boy has yet to send in a pic for Lud to use...

Yeah, yeah... You had a chance long ago when I used a pic or two of myself. If I find a decent one, I'll pass it along.

addi Posted: Fri Jun 10 15:41:32 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ed said:

>Yeah, yeah... You had a chance long ago when I used a pic or two of myself. If I find a decent one, I'll pass it along.

Don't cha being gettin' a 'tude on me, boy. I'll put ya over my knee and give ya something to really whine a-boot!

FN Posted: Fri Jun 10 18:15:41 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Don't tell me you guys don't think this avatar isn't sexy.

Pure Flemish quality people. Get it while it's hot.

Beep Posted: Sun Jun 12 18:23:42 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  heh, if only you looked like that though :P

heh, i wouldn't class myself as a GTer yet though, i'm still just a n00b

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Jun 12 18:40:44 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Don't tell me you guys don't think this avatar isn't sexy.
>
>Pure Flemish quality people. Get it while it's hot.
>
meh, you can tell she used to be a guy.

FN Posted: Sun Jun 12 19:01:42 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>meh, you can tell she used to be a guy.

So you're saying you wouldn't paint her toenails?

Ed Posted: Sun Jun 12 19:10:18 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Don't cha being gettin' a 'tude on me, boy. I'll put ya over my knee and give ya something to really whine a-boot!

Donating a pic...
Pro: Addi might go back to typing without an accent; I won't find out what he's suggesting in his post.

Con: I'd have to do something; I'd either have to tame my fro or even it out;...I'd have to do something

addi Posted: Sun Jun 12 21:31:44 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ed said:

>Con: I'd have to do something; I'd either have to tame my fro or even it out;...I'd have to do something

lol
Don't tame it. Chicks dig wild fro's

Ed Posted: Sun Jun 12 23:58:43 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Don't tame it. Chicks dig wild fro's

Semi-true, but we're talkin about a fro that can be up to a 7 inch radius around my head. ...and I want my spikes back!

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]