Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Turtle
Ed Posted: Thu Jun 9 11:44:49 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
So I go get the sword. I go to the turtle and get down on one knee. I give my sword a couple practice swings aiming it at the extended neck. I can't watch as I do it though....so i close my eyes and sword comes swooping down. CHOP! Fuckin.........I chopped the fucking turtle in HALF.

http://www.sagefrancis.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=37&Itemid=48

Mesh Posted: Thu Jun 9 11:55:42 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Jeez, what would Master Splinter think of this?

I dont even want to know what Donatello, Raphael, Michelangelo and the other one that noone cares about would do if they found the guy. Nevermind he accidently ran over it, they dont care.

Posted: Thu Jun 9 12:34:36 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  awww fuck
that was a sad read :(

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Jun 9 12:35:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I accidentally ran over a box turtle with my lawn tractor once.

They are really warm inside you know.

FN Posted: Thu Jun 9 12:37:56 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Did it die before or after you ran over it with the lawn tractor after you've found out that it was warm inside

Ed Posted: Thu Jun 9 20:24:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>...and the other one that noone cares about would do if they found the guy.

You only say that because you couldn't remember Leonardo, eh? :D

cookies&cream Posted: Thu Jun 9 22:41:28 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  just yesterday i was mowing the grass with the john deere 6' mower deck. my stepdad was on the grasshopper (5' deck). he found the turtle and was taunting it with the mower, blades going and all. so i speed over there & we've got the turtle trapped between our two mower decks, & both of us have our blades going. on my mower, the deck can be lifted while it's being run. i didn't mean to lift it. i never touched the lever. i was positioned uphill & noticed that my tire was starting to spin, so i was watching the tire as i regained control of the machine. i forgot all about the turtle. well, next thing i know, my mower blades start squealing, then the whole mower dies. so i try to start it back up twice. then i realize whatever is under the deck is the problem. so i turn off the blades & start the engine & raise the deck up. i back away. all that's left is the front half of the turtle. his shell is jagged from where the blades ripped it apart. all his organs had been finely chopped and were spit out the shoot into the grass on the right hand side of me. the grass blades were tall, and coated with blood. the turtle's head hung downwards, on the outside of it's shell, like it had been decapitated. it's mouth hung open and had blood streaming out of it slowly. i stared at it for a whole 45 seconds. my mouth was open, a look of shock and awe on my face. it was so disgusting. i had always thought of turtles as invincible beings because of their shells. i didn't think my blades could do that. it was gruesome & horrifying.

i feel no guilt. he would have eaten the bait off all my catlines anyway.

cookies&cream Posted: Thu Jun 9 22:43:58 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  cookies said:
> he found the turtle and was taunting it with the mower, blades going and all. so i speed over there & we've got the turtle trapped between our two mower decks, & both of us have our blades going.

i forgot to mention how much fun it was to push him around and watch him try to snap at us in self-defense. he moved faster than i thought he would, but not fast enough, obviously.

Ed Posted: Thu Jun 9 22:50:02 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Poor, slow, shelled bastards.

Mesh Posted: Fri Jun 10 05:35:42 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ed said:
>
>You only say that because you couldn't remember Leonardo, eh? :D

Yes. But still, no one cares about Leonardo, that douche.

FN Posted: Fri Jun 10 05:56:04 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I do not believe in cruelty towards animals.

You suck, cookies&cream.

misszero Posted: Fri Jun 10 06:47:19 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  :(

i like turtles and tortoises and stuff. my friend had one that ran away, and it still makes me sad.

shame on you.

addi Posted: Fri Jun 10 07:15:26 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  cookies said:
>i had always thought of turtles as invincible beings because of their shells. i didn't think my blades could do that. it was gruesome & horrifying.

>i feel no guilt.

Ugh!
I'm with Christophe on this one. That really disgusts me.

: (

Mesh Posted: Fri Jun 10 07:18:51 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm disgusted by it too.

addi Posted: Fri Jun 10 07:26:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>I'm disgusted by it too.

manly hug, mesh. Hope you had a good birthday yesterday.
and thanks to you my work day is shot. Was starting my work and decided to watch the Eric Prydz "Call on Me" video first...
mistake!
So now I'm correlating a textbook on the landforms of China and can't get those damn images out of my head!
sigh

Posted: Fri Jun 10 07:42:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>:(
>
>i like turtles and tortoises and stuff. my friend had one that ran away, and it still makes me sad.

"took the thing two weeks to trek to the end of the driveway, then another month and a half to get beyond our block. after that, it was lonnng gone. speedy fella."

misszero Posted: Fri Jun 10 10:12:03 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  he has such bad luck with pets. he killed his goldfish by accidentally pouring hot water on them instead of cold.

and last week, his dog got bitten by a wolf.

Mesh Posted: Sat Jun 11 10:15:21 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>> Stuff, etc.

Ay, I had a pleasant Birthday.

And LOL that video needs a warning label or something. "Do not operate a vehicle, heavy machinery....actually just dont try doing anything for at least three hours after watching this video. Except of course that one thing, you know what we're talking about."

addi Posted: Sat Jun 11 10:40:43 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:

>actually just dont try doing anything for at least three hours after watching this video. Except of course that one thing, you know what we're talking about."

Yes, I do. I tried to go swimming right after watching it and got cramps : (

Bzoso Posted: Sat Jun 11 16:52:39 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  GAH, poor turtle. But I guess that's what you get when you hang out behind cars.

Mouse Posted: Sat Jun 11 17:10:28 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The snapping turle in my garden pond disapproves.

kurohyou Posted: Sat Jun 11 17:40:44 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  cookies said:
>i feel no guilt. he would have eaten the bait off all my catlines anyway.

Let us know if Morla, The Ancient One starts haunting your dreams in the near future. "Not that it matters..."

maybe I should start using that as my closers from now on...or on occasion.

For what it's...not that it...ah hell now I'm confused...

Ed Posted: Sat Jun 11 21:18:00 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>Let us know if Morla, The Ancient One starts haunting your dreams in the near future. "Not that it matters..."

Awesome ref.

>For what it's...not that it...ah hell now I'm confused...

heh heh

cookies&cream Posted: Sun Jun 12 14:53:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i admit the only fun part of the whole thing was teasing it. i didn't even know i'd killed it til the engine died. i'm not generally cruel towards animals (hard to believe isn't it?) unless they give me a reason to be. who wants a 20 pound snapping turtle in their lake with little kids running around? certainly not me. it wasn't my decision it had to die. he would have died anyways, since my stepdad would have shot him. multiple times. anyway--you say you were disgusted. i was too. maybe not the same way you are/were, but i still was.

that turtle was the first animal i ever killed, except for a chicken once. she was hold, and in pain (i could tell; she just wasn't herself. plus her breathing was raspy.) so i just put her out of her misery. i didn't use the lawnmower to do it, either. oh well, things die. people die. like my grandpa. he just died last tuesday, 6/7/05. not that i expect symathy from anyone here. they tell me that death is "natural". i dunno about that. OK, i know i killed the turtle, and i probably shouldn't have, and furthermore i wish the best of luck to that turtle's soul that it might go to turtle-heaven, or wherever it is that turtles go when they die. turtles are supposed to be good luck. since i killed one, does it mean that i have bad luck now? does killing a turtle make me a horrible person?

Mesh Posted: Sun Jun 12 15:20:44 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  cookies said:
> does killing a turtle make me a horrible person?

No.

FN Posted: Sun Jun 12 15:47:04 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yes.

kurohyou Posted: Sun Jun 12 17:08:22 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  cookies said:
>i admit the only fun part of the whole thing was teasing it. i didn't even know i'd killed it til the engine died. i'm not generally cruel towards animals (hard to believe isn't it?) unless they give me a reason to be. who wants a 20 pound snapping turtle in their lake with little kids running around? certainly not me. it wasn't my decision it had to die. he would have died anyways, since my stepdad would have shot him. multiple times. anyway--you say you were disgusted. i was too. maybe not the same way you are/were, but i still was.
>
>that turtle was the first animal i ever killed, except for a chicken once. she was hold, and in pain (i could tell; she just wasn't herself. plus her breathing was raspy.) so i just put her out of her misery. i didn't use the lawnmower to do it, either. oh well, things die. people die. like my grandpa. he just died last tuesday, 6/7/05. not that i expect symathy from anyone here. they tell me that death is "natural". i dunno about that. OK, i know i killed the turtle, and i probably shouldn't have, and furthermore i wish the best of luck to that turtle's soul that it might go to turtle-heaven, or wherever it is that turtles go when they die. turtles are supposed to be good luck. since i killed one, does it mean that i have bad luck now? does killing a turtle make me a horrible person?

Killing a turtle doesn't make you a bad person. There there is a continuum of life. Killing a turtle on accident is not as bad as torturing and kiling a cat, or a dog, and tortuting and killing a cat or dog is not as bad as torturing and kiling a fellow human being. There are degrees of deviant behaviors when it comes to the killing of other living things, I think yours falls somewhere on the lower end of the scale.

In my world, every living being has the right to be here, and has the right not to have its life taken by any other living being. There are however, exceptions to this. If something is threating your life or the life of a loved one, like a snake or a black widow or a cougar, then in that case, killing the source of danger is probably "justified."

The turtle didn't pose a serious threat to anyone, they rarely do. Though my knowledge of turtles over all is limited at best. They could be rabid killing machines and I wouldn't really know. Most of what I've seen of them has been benign in nature and behaviors. Unless you stick your finger in front of one and well, you're kinda asking for it.

You also didn't kill it on purpose. I guess the only thing that is somewhat unsettling is the casual manner with which you approached the killing. But ultimatly that is not a big deal. Your method of dealing with this is your's and your's alone. How I would handle the situation or how someone else would is ultimatly irrevelant.

If I were you I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep over it. Unless Morla does come and visit you, but overall you're probably okay.

And for what it's worth I'm sorry to hear about your grandad. Death is a natural part of life, and it tends to be much harder on the living than the ones who have passed, at least in this realm.

I'm sure that turtle learned a lesson it will carry into its next life with it, or wherever turtles go when they die. There is also the chance that it was a suicide by lawnmower...that the poor little turtle was tired of going on and wanted to end it all.

I've ranted about this turtle and the merits of death long enough...

Not that it matters...

Mesh Posted: Sun Jun 12 17:46:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sorry about your Gramps, cookies&cream.

Ed Posted: Sun Jun 12 18:00:34 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>There there is a continuum of life. ...There are degrees of deviant behaviors when it comes to the killing of other living things, I think yours falls somewhere on the lower end of the scale.

It's like only being able to take so many of certain kinds of fish from a lake or whatever?
Does it apply to insects? Cuz I just killed about fifty or so by shoe or spray.

>In my world, every living being has the right to be here, and has the right not to have its life taken by any other living being. There are however, exceptions to this. If something is threating your life or the life of a loved one..., then in that case, killing the source of danger is probably "justified."

What of killing for food? Unless you say that that life form was threatening another life by not providing nourishment for it, you'd have to eat things that were already dead.

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Jun 12 18:26:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  A 20 pound snapping turtle should have yielded a couple of pretty good meals to those who like to eat turtle.
I've never had it myself but I have many friends who love it. They say that different parts of the animal yield different kinds of meat.
A few of the down home type restaurants in the area here offer turtle soup on their menus.

Ed Posted: Sun Jun 12 19:03:12 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I almost ran over four, yesterday. I think two of them were already dead.
...I also almost hit a deer (twice), a dog, and three rabbits.

kurohyou Posted: Mon Jun 13 08:21:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ed said:
>It's like only being able to take so many of certain kinds of fish from a lake or whatever?
>Does it apply to insects? Cuz I just killed about fifty or so by shoe or spray.

Ummm...don't know how it applies to insects.

>What of killing for food? Unless you say that that life form was threatening another life by not providing nourishment for it, you'd have to eat things that were already dead.

Well I didn't go through and put every exception to the rule down, given that the rule is sketch at best its got a fair amount of wiggle room. Given that I've never personally killed anything for consumption, when I do eat meat (which is becoming less frequent) it is technically already dead.

I suppose the other exception would be killing for a purpose. Native Americans, or so I learned in school, would kill a buffalo and use just about every part of the buffalo for something they needed. meat for consumption, tools, clothing, etc. They also had a strong respect for the animals which they killed and had a strong belive in the interconnectedness of all creatures and didn't hunt beyond what was needed.

For what it's worth...

Ed Posted: Mon Jun 13 08:32:19 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>I've never personally killed anything for consumption, when I do eat meat (which is becoming less frequent) it is technically already dead.

Just because they aren't apparently sentient doesn't mean that plants are forms of life!

I'm just givin ya shit. ; )

kurohyou Posted: Mon Jun 13 10:50:46 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ed said:
>kurohyou said:
>>I've never personally killed anything for consumption, when I do eat meat (which is becoming less frequent) it is technically already dead.
>
>Just because they aren't apparently sentient doesn't mean that plants are forms of life!
>
>I'm just givin ya shit. ; )

It's all good, keeps me on my toes, or heels how ever the case may be...

Ed Posted: Mon Jun 13 10:56:22 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>It's all good, keeps me on my toes, or heels how ever the case may be...

It all depends on your footwear.

choke Posted: Tue Jun 14 04:30:55 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've never seen a turtle except in a zoo :(

Ed Posted: Wed Jun 15 00:38:16 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>I've never seen a turtle except in a zoo :(

Don't worry. You're not missing a thing. There will be events in your life that are certainly more exciting than seeing a turtle.

Kira Posted: Wed Jun 15 02:00:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I heard somewhere that every kind of turtle found in the US is on the endangered species list... including the Box Turtle, which is like Nature's equivalent to somebody's shoes that they left on the floor in the hall even though you told them a thousand times, pick up your damn box turtle, and then you trip over them while you're walking in the woods and you think Hey! Pet for a day! Till it refuses to eat and gets boring!

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]