Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

house is not a home?
DanSRose Posted: Mon Jun 27 01:23:46 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  So I had go 'home' for my sister's high school graduation. The good: I got to see an old old friend. That was very good; it warmed me quite a bit.
I'm seriously questioning whether or not I belong Here *waves around room where I grew up*. It's not the bed is lumpy and oh-so not comfortable (which it is) or whenever I come up for a few days someThing is different (which they are). It's that I feel sick every time I walk through those doors. I feel fake and unwelcome.
I don't feel like this is my Home anymore. It's just a place near the some of the people I that care about.
That and whenever I come back, I get treated like I'm 14- that's not a real big helper.

dan632 Posted: Mon Jun 27 05:42:59 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  here i was thinking this thread was going to be about Zebrahead

FN Posted: Mon Jun 27 06:28:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I know the feeling more or less.

I used to have 2 homes, but over the years 1 of them grew colder by the week, and I've lost it completely now, it has been about 5 months since I've last seen or talked to my father.

No matter how unwelcome you think you might feel, I'd suggest thinking twice before taking too drastic steps though.

Not that I have any regrets, any at all, but it does pose some big issues.

addi Posted: Mon Jun 27 06:43:59 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nothing insightful or even helpful to say here. I hope as time goes by that it can become a home away from home again. I have such a difficult time comprehending a home that doesn't accept with open, loving and non-judgemental arms one of it's own.

JesusOnline Posted: Mon Jun 27 07:09:55 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Since I moved back to my family home, I've felt the same. Moving around the bedroom I grew up in no longer has that comfortable home feeling to it, but it is close to people I care about and that's the most important thing right now.

Mesh Posted: Mon Jun 27 07:22:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Interesting concept, these "homes".

Mesh Posted: Mon Jun 27 07:33:12 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
> I have such a difficult time comprehending a home that doesn't accept with open, loving and non-judgemental arms one of it's own.

That makes them bastards not worth the time of day. All a child wants is to be be loved by his parents. Or even just a little acknowledgement. Is that too much for a child to want?

DanSRose Posted: Mon Jun 27 14:57:54 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's the strings that come attached to the love. That's the worst.

cookies&cream Posted: Thu Jun 30 15:29:36 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>It's the strings that come attached to the love. That's the worst.

agreed, but love should not have strings attached. love is built on trust. if you don't fully trust someone, then you cannot begin to love them.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]