Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Quarterfinals, anyone?
Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 28 23:59:33 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Is anyone else watching Wimbledon?

With Safin out (goddamnit) I'm pulling for Hewitt, but really I just want Federer to lose. I even composed this little ditty:

I hate Federer
E
I hate Federer
E7
I hate Federer
E
I hate Federer
Em
I hate Federederer
E E7 Em7

Those are chords by the way.

HSolo216 Posted: Wed Jun 29 01:08:07 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My family has watched Wimbledon every year since before I started Playing tennis. I was pulling for Safin and Henman...then Tursunov and Murray...now I don't know, maybe Roddick and Lopez. I think that Federer is amazing and has the best all-court game(possibly of all time) but I wouldn't mind if he didn't win a major for a couple of years so that the rest of the field could catch up.

On the women's side, I always pull for Sharapova and Hantuchova.

Asswipe Posted: Wed Jun 29 01:11:42 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wimbledon = cricket?

fuck off, wankers.

Dancer Posted: Wed Jun 29 03:05:15 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  =D i'm anticipating for World Cup 2006 (soccer).. yesh i've been waiting.....

Beep Posted: Wed Jun 29 07:18:22 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Asswipe said:
>Wimbledon = cricket?

wimbledon = tennis. wanker :)

i think murray's looking good for the next few years. henman has his successor.

the mens isn't looking too amazing, the womens is looking good though, mearesmo (or however you spell. damn french), williams, sharapova and davenport.
i think williams will lose, she's been doing too much other stuff. should be good matches though.

i don't get what's so great about safin? especially not compared to Federer? Safin lost the match he lost convincingly, it's just like the womens a few years ago when the williams were kicking arse. everyone ups their game, it's better for the sport.

JesusOnline Posted: Wed Jun 29 07:25:29 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I saw Murray play in a youth event a few years back, at the time he didn't look much better than any of the others, but he's obviously been working hard on his game. He impressed me this year.
I'd like Roddick to win this year.

On the woman's side, I'm a Hantuchova fan shame she's out. So Sharapova should hold her title.

addi Posted: Wed Jun 29 08:09:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Been watching what i can every day (especially the ladies play...sigh..I'm such a loser!)
Glad Serena is out. Hoping for a Davenport or Sharapova finish.

On the mens side I'm also glad Nadal is out, cuz I HATE the long shorts he wears! (does that count as a good reason?)

I'm pulling for Roddick to win, but Feddererererer may still be too much for him to handle.

*I've been playing at least 3 times a week lately. Next year I hope to qualify at Wimbledon in the really old guys bracket
: )

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Jun 29 08:20:23 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Haven't had a chance to follow it as much as I would like.
Hoping for a Borg/Macenroe final.

Ms. Sharapova, I would love to paint your toenails some day.

kurohyou Posted: Wed Jun 29 08:52:08 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Afraid I haven't. But I did start my fantasy football league the other day. Without Hockey, the football off season has been boring as sin this year. Actually started watching the AFL (Arena Football League) just for something.

Not that it matters...

Ahriman Posted: Wed Jun 29 11:28:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I miss my NHL....

breeze Posted: Wed Jun 29 11:37:33 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Roddick and Sharapova are my bets. I can't watch any of the games though because of work (dammit)

And I also hate Nadal's shorts, and still upset about Safin *sigh*

FN Posted: Wed Jun 29 11:51:31 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't care about sports at all unless I'm the one playing.

Really, I've never understood people's fascination with soccer/tennis/whatever.

You can enjoy playing something a lot, but seeing other people playing it? That's like watching somebody reading a book.

It also irritates me when beergutted wastes of atoms claim that "they" won, or that the keeper or whatever sucks, while they themselves probably couldn't run 2 metres without collapsing.

FN Posted: Wed Jun 29 11:52:25 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Having said that, there have been a few occassions that I've watched women's tennis, I think it was that Sharapova girl.

Gotta love the moaning and tight clothes.

Zacq Posted: Wed Jun 29 15:24:33 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Beep said:
>i don't get what's so great about safin? especially not compared to Federer? Safin lost the match he lost convincingly,

Safin is bad at grass and grass is Federer's best, not that I'm saying Safin is better than Federer right now.

I'm really looking forward to Hewitt vs. Federer and the inevitable Roddick vs. Federer, though I don't know if Roddick has the mental game down to beat Federer. He was pretty shaky in a few key moments against Grosjean, though Grosjean did make some pretty spectacular shots.

addi Posted: Wed Jun 29 16:39:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>Gotta love the moaning and tight clothes.

Don't mind the tight clothes, but the moaning with some of them gets on my nerves. A few of them get carried away with it I think and don't do it just as a natural release of air and energy, but do it to impress the audiences, judges and intimidate their opponents.

I say keep the loud moaning in the bedroom and off the tennis courts
: )

breeze Posted: Wed Jun 29 17:17:38 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Christophe said:
>
>>Gotta love the moaning and tight clothes.
>
>Don't mind the tight clothes, but the moaning with some of them gets on my nerves. A few of them get carried away with it I think and don't do it just as a natural release of air and energy, but do it to impress the audiences, judges and intimidate their opponents.
>
>I say keep the loud moaning in the bedroom and off the tennis courts
>: )

Agree :) I was watching Roddick play with this guy, I think it was Andreev and he kept moaning everytime he hit the ball and it wasn't just short natural one, it was a very long "Aaaghhhhhhh". Very distracting I should say (and annoying), so I just couldn't watch the game till the end and I just shut the TV off.

Zacq Posted: Wed Jun 29 17:22:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have to say Roddick is out of it (as much as a semifinalist can be). I think he's going to have more problems in his semifinal match than most are expecting, and is going to lose to Federer again.

They said Roddick since 2003 is forty something and two when playing on grass. Both losses to Federer.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]