Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Interesting Photo Exibit
jennemmer Posted: Wed Jun 29 13:18:41 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ten years ago in Winnipeg where I am from there was a photo exhibit exploring aging. What the photographer, Micha Lexier, did was photograph 75 people named David, one of every age from 1 to 75.

Ten years later Micha moved back to Winnipeg and was facinated by both how much and how little somethings change. What he decided to do was to look up and re-photograph all of the Davids he had photographed 10 years earlier.

The photos are all up online at http://www.plugin.org/ The link is called "David, Then and Now". If you have some time it is worth checking out.

sweet p Posted: Wed Jun 29 15:08:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  That's pretty neat.

It kinda reminds me of the girl from National Geographic.

If any of you have been even kinda-sorta followers of the magazine I am sure that you would remember the portrait of the refugee girl they used on the cover of an issue in the 80's. People sent in tonned of letters to find out more information about her..even 15 years later. I don't know if it was the same man who photographed her initially but eventually someone from the magazine tracked her down and asked to photograph her one more time. I saw parts of a television special on her. I thought it was cool.

FN Posted: Wed Jun 29 17:17:07 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I thought it sucked.

And yeah it was the same guy who tracked her down.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Jun 29 18:52:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have that original magazine and I thought the return trip to find her was really cool.

FN Posted: Wed Jun 29 19:10:56 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I bet you could get some money out of it.

I thought the trip to find her was totally pointless and a waste of time and resources.

But it probably was a sort of feel good story, which a lot of people seem to like, even though her life turned out to be anything but a success.

sweet p Posted: Thu Jun 30 02:39:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>a waste of time and resources.

Possibly.

The point was that it was a follow-up, though.

Even if you ended up getting MARRIED and then divorced and then robbed a bank and went to prison and then were realeased and moved to the US and turned into a homeless bum, I still wouldn't mind knowing how you were and what you were up to 15 years from now. Not in hopes of a feel-good story, but because it's interesting to know what becomes of someone you "knew" but don't know anymore.

Sometimes even in books, I wish that the author would write another one that takes place years later just to know what ever happened to my favourite character.

Why do you think there are sequels to anything?

Beep Posted: Thu Jun 30 17:02:39 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sequels?
to make more money off the success of the original :)
the photo exhibit is cool. good post.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]