Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Frozen
FN Posted: Wed Jun 29 19:25:40 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15739502-13762,00.html

Would you be happy to be frozen and then revived in about (lets say) 100 years?

addi Posted: Wed Jun 29 19:55:16 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  That's pretty interesting, especially if they can pull off the saving lives part.
But no thank you to coming back after 100 years. Think about it..you'd wake up like Woody Allen in "Sleeper" and not know a soul. Everyone that you loved would be gone. Plus all the styles would have changed a lot during that time, so your hair and your talk, and clothes would all be out of fashion and people would call you a geeky dork. And I wouldn't want to take a chance with a certain body part being frozen either. With my luck it would probably fall off after being frozen for so long.

Ahriman Posted: Wed Jun 29 20:29:12 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I could see a reality tv show coming from this.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Jun 29 21:45:52 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>That's pretty interesting, especially if they can pull off the saving lives part.
>But no thank you to coming back after 100 years. Think about it..you'd wake up like Woody Allen in "Sleeper" and not know a soul. Everyone that you loved would be gone. Plus all the styles would have changed a lot during that time, so your hair and your talk, and clothes would all be out of fashion and people would call you a geeky dork. And I wouldn't want to take a chance with a certain body part being frozen either. With my luck it would probably fall off after being frozen for so long.
>
You're a glass half empty guy aren't you ?
I would envision it more like Encino Man as opposed to Sleeper.
A hundred years from now, I would be ultra cool, sort of like Antartica is now. LOL

addi Posted: Wed Jun 29 22:13:01 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  filthy mcnasty said:

>You're a glass half empty guy aren't you ?

Actually it was an attempt at humor... I guess I didn't quite pull it off.
I am a glass half empty guy, but the half that's there is tequilla.

And Ant is Super Fly cool...a regular Rico Suave. He's my idol : )

antartica Posted: Wed Jun 29 22:21:39 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  oh yeah.... who's ya daddy!!!

heh... but it's still to be perfected coz after long term deep freeze, the water content in our cells get damaged and there's a problem with that.

but i like the way they've put it down in an example for battle field injuries for several hours limbo, i mean being a medic and all that so i can appreciate that. but imagine the equipment you'd have to to bring into the field

Ed Posted: Wed Jun 29 23:19:11 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Plus all the styles would have changed a lot during that time, so your hair and your talk, and clothes would all be out of fashion and people would call you a geeky dork.

No way. Those fashions would have cycled and become popular again. If they called you a geeky dork, you might just be one. But, fashion-wise, you'd just be retro.

I heard that they were using some sort of gas for this sort of thing.

Nikki Posted: Thu Jun 30 10:47:15 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  YOU only need to live forever because you are all so POOR and so so fucking UGLEEEEEEEEEEE

ahahahahahahahaa

Merqri Posted: Thu Jun 30 14:21:16 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15739502-13762,00.html
>
>
>Would you be happy to be frozen and then revived in about (lets say) 100 years?

I'd do it.

Merqri Posted: Thu Jun 30 14:23:23 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nikki said:
>YOU only need to live forever because you are all so POOR and so so fucking UGLEEEEEEEEEEE
>
>ahahahahahahahaa

R u serius?

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Jun 30 14:39:04 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Am I the only one that thinks Nikki is just the alter ego of an already existing GT'er ?

addi Posted: Thu Jun 30 15:15:36 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  filthy mcnasty said:
>Am I the only one that thinks Nikki is just the alter ego of an already existing GT'er ?

I've wondered too, hif, but I have no clue. The only thing I can say is that if she is someone's alter ego they have some personal issues. If she really is a separate person then she has some personal issues as well.
What I do seriously doubt (if she's real) is that any country would hand out a license to practice psychology to someone with a maturity level of a third grader. Something tells me her pic is BS, her job is BS, and her income is BS.
About the only thing I feel confident about with her is that if she did make $150K last year it was not by using Jungian therapy on patients in an office, but by using Amber Lynn tongue therapy on johns in a certain district in Amsterdam.

Mesh Posted: Thu Jun 30 18:39:03 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nikki said:
>YOU only need to live forever because you are all so POOR and so so fucking UGLEEEEEEEEEEE
>
>ahahahahahahahaa

Wouldnt that just make us want to die sooner? To put us out of our misery?

kurohyou Posted: Thu Jun 30 18:56:17 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Are you kidding me? That is just a little beyond the normal realm of creepy for me for some reason. Are these dogs alive after they do that? Playing god type activities disturb me, but that's me.

I can tell you this much, I can defianatly envision a science fiction storyline out of that, something like a cross between Flatliners and Event Horizon. (Did that movie freak the shit out of anyone else besides me?)

How 'bout a Forever Young type experience. where after you are thawed out, you start to age dramatically because they hadn't quite worked out that kink in the system...that would suck.

Not that it matters...

FN Posted: Thu Jun 30 18:58:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>Are these dogs alive after they do that?

That's pretty much the whole point.

kurohyou Posted: Thu Jun 30 19:00:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>kurohyou said:
>>Are these dogs alive after they do that?
>
>That's pretty much the whole point.

That's what I thought, just wanted to clarify. I'm a little creeped out by that and I don't really know why.

Not that it matters...

FN Posted: Thu Jun 30 19:23:44 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think it's great that people today are paying companies to freeze them untill techniques are found to revive them, while all the freezing does is bursting the arteries and other blood vessels.

I also have a dark brown feeling that those companies aren't planning on shifting to stuff like what they've done with the dogs, but will just continue to do it their way, fucking up corpses and getting money for it.

Gotta love that.

Ed Posted: Thu Jun 30 20:40:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>What I do seriously doubt (if she's real) is that any country would hand out a license to practice psychology to someone with a maturity level of a third grader.

I still say that this is some sort of experiment for her.

Kira Posted: Sat Jul 2 16:14:58 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  filthy mcnasty said:
>Am I the only one that thinks Nikki is just the alter ego of an already existing GT'er ?

No.

In my experience the average pea-brained 'lamer' doesn't return to the same forum again and again for the length of time that Nikki has. At least not with the same name.

Thus I find her more interesting than annoying.

addi Posted: Sat Jul 2 17:03:04 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:

>Thus I find her more interesting than annoying.

Then you're a better person than I, Kira : )

there's only so much "DUMB MOTHERFUCKERS...YOU COCKSUCKERS....dumb bitch/stupid fuck" posts over a year that I can take, whether it's from a real Nikki or an alter ego of some exsisting GTer.
I found Koff's crude posts to at least be interesting because he was trying to make a point. The same can't be said for Nikki. She's like a little girl that's just discovered she can get a reaction by saying naughty words around grown ups. Kinda cute coming from a two year old..kinda pathetic coming from someone that claims to be an adult.

*and she's probably smiling right now that I've wasted 10 minutes of my life on a post about her

Nikki Posted: Mon Jul 4 10:11:55 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yes yes yes...I AM one of you...an alter ego...YES YES YES...but it is the Alter ego of ME.... Ok I'll be more mature

Nikki Posted: Mon Jul 4 10:12:22 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  so....WHO am i?

Mesh Posted: Mon Jul 4 10:31:19 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You're me

Nikki Posted: Mon Jul 4 12:24:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  :-)

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]