Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

what's your passion?
Asswipe Posted: Mon Jul 4 04:28:00 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  What
is
your
passion?

lawyers work mucho hours, doctors work mucho hours, pretty much anyone who makes it-makes it, works mucho hours. I'd bet my next paycheck that bill gates works his ass off more than 99.9999% of the people out there. These people must have a passion for their jobs to an almost unrelentless degree--going to bed thinking about their next idea and waking up and reading the newspapers to research and keep up with where the demand's at. Perhaps Bill Gate's drive is more related to emassing a giant fortune, so he opens himself to growing fields--like the video gaming market--while doctors/lawyers work 80 hours a week, after more studying than one should attempt to count up--and while they do make a good income, my music-studying college friend(who also plans to go to medschool) assured me that doctors do not stay in the field because of money, it's too much damned work. so, if he's right, and i agree with him, these folks only prevail in their field because of interests outside of securing money.

So, anyway, what's your drive? what makes you jump out of bed, smiling and whistling, and rushes you off to whatever's the planned adventure?

my miniscule rising passion is to work on my writing skills, save up money to get my own place, and see where i can go in the writing field. for what reasons? maybe i'll talk about them later. for now, i gotta pee.

Paulo Posted: Mon Jul 4 06:29:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My passion is comedy followed a few furlongs behind by music.

I did a class last year called Comedy and it kind inspired me a bit, i've spent most of my life watching comedy, from the classic BBC sitcoms of the eighties through to the American briliance of Seinfeld, Arrested Development etc. Sadly the thing forcing me out of bed right now is work in an insurance company which I hope to leave shortly.

I'm also the cameraman on a sitcom pilot but... the script it awful, the writer thinks its a work of art and isn't showing the actors until the day of fillming, problem is there is absolutley no story, the jokes are lame and its full of negative stereotypes and the leads are two dimensional, it's only being made because the writer own a rather successful chain of sex shops and thought he'd spend his savings on being the next Friends.

But yeah whether its making a joke in the pub or writing jokes thats what makes me happy, I've studied a lot about timining and how a slight change of phrase or word can make something funnier. Now i get to put it into practice when I do my MA in Scriptwriting for Sitcom in October. I'd also like to direct, that was my first passion but it got sidetracked when I disovered that I can't film with an inept crew (usually just me and a friend) and that writing a script can be done from the comfort of my own bed.

Mesh Posted: Mon Jul 4 08:31:00 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have nothing to validate my existance. There I said it.

Good luck to the both of yous guys in your passions.

CorDrine Posted: Mon Jul 4 09:32:12 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've lost my passion recently. There is this guy who sits next to me in the office, who is the only guy that comes in earlier then me (before 8:30am). He worked till 2am sometimes. And I am thinking the same thing as Asswipe: What drives him.
And all I can think of is: Money. I bet he gets a bigger pay cheque then I do. If not, boy is he a loser!

For me, I've lost my passion since being migrated to my current project. Am thinking of quiting. Have already started apply for work elsewhere, in a field totally different from mine. I no longer seek security in a job. I wish to seek passion. To wake up doing something I love. And when that love dies, I'll just move on to find my new interest in life..... Life is not permanent. I hope I will be able to find my passion soon. At the moment, the only thing I feel passionate about is my marriage, and my love of David Tao's music.

cookies&cream Posted: Mon Jul 4 10:55:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm passionate about lots of things, but what mainly drives me in the line of work is working with others/helping others. i'm a big people person. I've not got a "real" job yet, but when i do, it will be my passion to travel; i plan on becoming a hotel manager, and will most likely work on some cruise line of one of the coasts of the US. This way, i can help others (enjoy their stay or w/e) and i get to travel to lots of exciting places on one of the cruise ships FREE of cost to myself...and i'd get paid.

i have recently been wondering if it's really money i'm after in this profession, or whether it's something else. money is losing value (to me) nowadays, so what's the point of being rich if you don't really have anything to do with the dough? (keep in mind this is after i've bought the kick ass estate & pool & lotsa cars & all those other pimpin' toys the rich people buy).

i don't know what else to say on that, since i've not thought any further than those thoughts. i am passionate about several other things as well...like music (all kinds) and literature (reading/writing/the analyzation [i don't care if that's not a word. i just used it, so it must be.] of, etc.) and i'm passionate about people. more some than others, but that depends on how well i know them and all different kinds of other variables that would affect how passionate i am.

cookies&cream Posted: Mon Jul 4 10:58:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  cookies said:
> and i'm passionate about people.

when i said this i meant that i'm passionate about the relationships that i have with people. or i might have meant that i'm passionate about helping people. whichever way you decide to look at it is fine with me.

kurohyou Posted: Mon Jul 4 11:32:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I can't say with any certainty what it is that drives me, especially with regards to my current profession. I work a lot of long hours at times, but there's no single thing that drives me. Its more a factor of this is my job, this is what I do, and I need to get it done. Its not the end of the world if I don't, life will go on, but I take my job pretty seriously and I do a good job.

When I was working with kids, my drive was the hope of helping them get on in this world. While my influcence was minimal at best, I liked to think that I still had a positive impact. During that time also I liked to think that I was doing something that aided to the greater good. I didn't make a lot of money, but I liked my job because I felt like I was doing something worth while.

After a short spell of being disenchanted with pursuing the greater good, I'm ready to get back into it. I would really like to feel that I'm contributing somehow to this world. My co-workers have come up with this theory that we are aiding the arts, building the facilities that the arts take place in. And while in a very big picture sort of way I can see that. My job is still mostly construction and coordination of these sites. I want to be more involved.

We'll see. I've just determined that I'm still groggy from waking up, so my apologies if this was ranting and all over the map. I may come back to this a bit later.

For what it's worth...

iggy Posted: Mon Jul 4 12:22:18 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  my work is my passion.
well film is actually.
i work non-stop. work late hours.
am happy in what i do.

other than that...
nothing else really.

i can't surf here in singapore... and it's getting me rather down. sometimes i dream abt the waves back in perth.

i dream of opening my own cafe with my friends. nothing big but definately something quaint and means something to my friends and my customers

and shopping. yeah that sounds like a girl. but i love to shop. period. i shop more than a girl at times.

Nikki Posted: Mon Jul 4 12:43:29 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  my passion is connecting to others. Warm loving deep and supportive relationships. I value friendship above and beyond all other connections.

Mesh Posted: Mon Jul 4 12:56:57 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nikki said:
>my passion is connecting to others. Warm loving deep and supportive relationships. I value friendship above and beyond all other connections.

Thats a great passion to have.

Nikki Posted: Mon Jul 4 13:19:06 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  :-)

libra Posted: Mon Jul 4 13:42:29 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  probably my pathetic need to make the world a better place or whatever. My friend Erin calls it the "suburban white girl's burden."
So i'm majoring in anthropology and i'll try my best to find a job where i'm doing something positive.

erikagm Posted: Mon Jul 4 13:44:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wow Nikki, I can say I am honestly impressed.

I sincerely hope that the people that truly know you, cherish you and value you for the feelings you have.

As for me? I think my passion is simply surviving until tomorrow. And so on, and so forth.

I try not to become too attached to anything or anyone, because everything ends, eventually, although at times I cant help it.

I guess you could say I'm passionate about my family.

And if I had enough money to be able to, I'd be passionate about shopping. But which woman wouldn't be?

Nikki Posted: Mon Jul 4 13:59:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sometimes I'm passionate about preserving simple things like local dialect, and protecting gentle/innocent and kind people from harm, and sometimes it's on a grand scale, like protecting gay and women's rights. Usually though it's about supporting others, helping them to feel like they really and truly are important, and worthy of respect, love and care. :-)

Mark Posted: Mon Jul 4 14:51:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I used to be passionate about sharing ideas with other peoples, but I’ve kind of lost that one. Don’t really know why… it just happened.

What is my drive today? My gf? Would be kind of a wussy thing to say, wouldn’t it :p but secretly it is true ;) …can’t really tell though, I’m kind of searching for my what drives me today.

FN Posted: Mon Jul 4 16:00:26 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Right now I don't really have a passion of any kind in my life. Which is good and bad at the same time.

There's not really anything really getting to me at the moment, or taking truckloads of my attention. Apathy is the word.

libra Posted: Mon Jul 4 16:14:52 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wolffie said:
>
>
>What is my drive today? My gf? Would be kind of a wussy thing to say, wouldn’t it :p but secretly it is true ;)

hehe.

i'm with you on this one too...my boyfriend is such a huge part of my life...

libra Posted: Mon Jul 4 16:15:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Right now I don't really have a passion of any kind in my life. Which is good and bad at the same time.
>
>There's not really anything really getting to me at the moment, or taking truckloads of my attention. Apathy is the word.

Chris, you're looking older in your picture...you're losing your innocent little boy look...

FN Posted: Mon Jul 4 16:18:50 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Haha.

Well, it's like the one I put on here when I went on my previous vacation; I was dead tired when they took it (check the hair lol), which probably accounts for the grumpiness.

JesusOnline Posted: Mon Jul 4 16:24:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I envy people whom are passionate about their jobs. Being paid to do what you REALLY want to do, that must be the best position to be in.

My passion is music, I'm a reasonably skilled guitarist, bassist and drummer. I can work my way quite well round a piano too. However, I made the decision to follow a more 'sensible' career and ensure I'd have work and a regular pay cheque...I haven't given up on my dreams of making music full-time in a band. I have 7 Months off a year on move those aspects along.

My friends are my other main passion, they are the reason I get out of bed every morning, they provide me with joy and love and laughter. I don't get outta bed for anything less.

addi Posted: Mon Jul 4 16:41:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nikki said:
>sometimes I'm passionate about preserving simple things like local dialect, and protecting gentle/innocent and kind people from harm, and sometimes it's on a grand scale, like protecting gay and women's rights. Usually though it's about supporting others, helping them to feel like they really and truly are important, and worthy of respect, love and care. :-)

LOL
I literally had just taken a gulp of beer when i read this, and almost spit it out.
Somebody has taken over Nikki's body....
or
someone's having good laugh on us
: )

libra Posted: Mon Jul 4 16:46:34 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Haha.
>
>Well, it's like the one I put on here when I went on my previous vacation; I was dead tired when they took it (check the hair lol), which probably accounts for the grumpiness.

looking at it again...you have a sort of "come hither" look in your eyes in this one...

erikagm Posted: Mon Jul 4 20:05:06 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>LOL
>I literally had just taken a gulp of beer when i read this, and almost spit it out.
>Somebody has taken over Nikki's body....
>or
>someone's having good laugh on us
>: )

I'd much rather think that Nikki is finally showing her true self. I really don't think the personae that she shows on GT is really who she is, rather, it is the side of her that she doesnt care to show to the people she normally frequents, but that necessarily needs an outlet.

I mean, I'm an ass to my friends at times, because I just really need to be an ass at that moment. Like on saturday I told this girl who I'm dating that I totally did not want to see her (and we'd kissed for the first time the day before) and couldn't care less about how she felt because I just totally felt the need to be alone that day. If instead I could do that to a bunch of "strangers" on GT, then I guess I would, but it's not my style. I consider you guys my friends as well.

Anyway, where I'm going with this is... Nikki probably IS a nice, caring and gentle human being, but she chooses to act racously on here because it's a way to let off steam. She doesn't really know anyone here, so it's safe to say that she's really not hurting anyone's feelings.

You have to remember, different people have different views on what they consider people on the web to be to them... I choose to see you as friends, but many others simply view people they meet on the web as strangers who they can fool around with.

Anyway, I feel like I'm ranting, but I do have to say, I'm glad Nikki is finally taking the time to show us a side of herself we had previously not met. Thanks, Nikki.

addi Posted: Mon Jul 4 21:25:51 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  erikagm said:

>I'd much rather think that Nikki is finally showing her true self. I really don't think the personae that she shows on GT is really who she is, rather, it is the side of her that she doesnt care to show to the people she normally frequents, but that necessarily needs an outlet.

I don't think you (or I have the slightess clue about Nikki's "real" personality. Months of juvenile rants and nonsense and suddenly 2 thoughtful, considerate, compassionate posts doesn't do it for me. In fact the only thing it shows me about Nikki is that she may be schizophrenic.

I don't want to rain on your parade though, erika. Believing the best about a person is a positive quality to have...so keep on thinking she's really an angel of light. It would be nice if you were right.
I, on the other hand, will remain skeptible untill the defense produces more evidence, and that is going to take a lot more than two posts.

FN Posted: Mon Jul 4 21:28:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>looking at it again...you have a sort of "come hither" look in your eyes in this one...

Haha you're the second one who says that :o)

I dunnow, I felt really dirty at the time, not having had a bath in 2-3 days and stuff, so I was feeling/looking tired and worn out, and then I was scratching my arm when I noticed a camera in the corner of my eye, hence the look.

The fact that I put it up here, looking like crap, must mean that I'm very comfortable here, not ashamed of my true dirty self haha

Take it or leave it baby

FN Posted: Mon Jul 4 21:30:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And yes, that is my ipod which I'm holding, connected to a stereo just out of the picture.

Mesh Posted: Mon Jul 4 22:02:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>
>Chris, you're looking older in your picture...you're losing your innocent little boy look...

Hes looking more and more like what my brother looks like.

iggy Posted: Mon Jul 4 23:38:55 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  wat gets me up everyday?

my alarm clock, my need to get my ass to work...

to swing by the petrol station for my red bull or else i'll turn into a crazy ass driver on the road.

i'll be muttering redbullredbullredbullredbullredbull [like jack nicholson in the shining except he goes redrum...]

other than that, well... nothing really.

if there's a shoot i'll be all pumped and ready to go.

may's not in town, so i dun have the motivation to get up for breakfast. [or the fact that she's not around to give me a call to drag my sorry ass for breakfast before work]

so yeah. i'm not a morning person as u can see

innocenceNonus Posted: Tue Jul 5 00:34:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  God/ Jesus.

Amen.

Asswipe Posted: Tue Jul 5 03:38:06 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Paulo said:
>My passion is comedy followed a few furlongs behind by music.
>
>I did a class last year called Comedy and it kind inspired me a bit, i've spent most of my life watching comedy, from the classic BBC sitcoms of the eighties through to the American briliance of Seinfeld, Arrested Development etc. Sadly the thing forcing me out of bed right now is work in an insurance company which I hope to leave shortly.
>
>I'm also the cameraman on a sitcom pilot but... the script it awful, the writer thinks its a work of art and isn't showing the actors until the day of fillming, problem is there is absolutley no story, the jokes are lame and its full of negative stereotypes and the leads are two dimensional, it's only being made because the writer own a rather successful chain of sex shops and thought he'd spend his savings on being the next Friends.
>
>But yeah whether its making a joke in the pub or writing jokes thats what makes me happy, I've studied a lot about timining and how a slight change of phrase or word can make something funnier. Now i get to put it into practice when I do my MA in Scriptwriting for Sitcom in October. I'd also like to direct, that was my first passion but it got sidetracked when I disovered that I can't film with an inept crew (usually just me and a friend) and that writing a script can be done from the comfort of my own bed.

all this sounds awesome and very similar to what i'm currently going through. Glad to hear you're filming for this deep pocket schmuck, just to give yourself some experience--seeing that you think down on his writing makes it all the better, as you've seen how the mighty can shine. i guess i'm most interested in the MA program you're involved in and i'm mostly curious about your background, college grades, and what sort of shit was required to get into the program. inform me if you will, i'd be glad to hear about it as it seems to be in the same field-area as me getting an MFA in creative writing. although i ain't sure that's exactly what i want to do, but it'd be similar to anything along the writing lines.

Asswipe Posted: Tue Jul 5 03:40:19 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Meshuggah said:
>I have nothing to validate my existance. There I said it.
>
>
>
>Good luck to the both of yous guys in your passions.

when i first read this line, before my current response, it struck me in an odd sort of way. i felt like i was almost asking too much from people with my question, or asking about some inconsequential idea, but, at that point, i was sober, and now, i'm not. So, Mesh, what do you want to do with your life? simple question, terribly interesting answer. give it up

Asswipe Posted: Tue Jul 5 03:41:28 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CorDrine said:
>I've lost my passion recently. There is this guy who sits next to me in the office, who is the only guy that comes in earlier then me (before 8:30am). He worked till 2am sometimes. And I am thinking the same thing as Asswipe: What drives him.
>And all I can think of is: Money. I bet he gets a bigger pay cheque then I do. If not, boy is he a loser!
>
>For me, I've lost my passion since being migrated to my current project. Am thinking of quiting. Have already started apply for work elsewhere, in a field totally different from mine. I no longer seek security in a job. I wish to seek passion. To wake up doing something I love. And when that love dies, I'll just move on to find my new interest in life..... Life is not permanent. I hope I will be able to find my passion soon. At the moment, the only thing I feel passionate about is my marriage, and my love of David Tao's music.

hah, music rocks, enough said on that. but... what area are you thinking of moving in to? and away from?

Asswipe Posted: Tue Jul 5 03:44:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  cookies said:
>I'm passionate about lots of things, but what mainly drives me in the line of work is working with others/helping others. i'm a big people person. I've not got a "real" job yet, but when i do, it will be my passion to travel; i plan on becoming a hotel manager, and will most likely work on some cruise line of one of the coasts of the US. This way, i can help others (enjoy their stay or w/e) and i get to travel to lots of exciting places on one of the cruise ships FREE of cost to myself...and i'd get paid.

when you typed out "w/e", which i don't know the meaning of, i read it quickly as "wife", so i read "enjoy their stay or wife", and i laughed, but it seems i was wrong.

>
>i have recently been wondering if it's really money i'm after in this profession, or whether it's something else. money is losing value (to me) nowadays, so what's the point of being rich if you don't really have anything to do with the dough? (keep in mind this is after i've bought the kick ass estate & pool & lotsa cars & all those other pimpin' toys the rich people buy).
>
>i don't know what else to say on that, since i've not thought any further than those thoughts. i am passionate about several other things as well...like music (all kinds) and literature (reading/writing/the analyzation [i don't care if that's not a word. i just used it, so it must be.] of, etc.) and i'm passionate about people. more some than others, but that depends on how well i know them and all different kinds of other variables that would affect how passionate i am.

analyzation is a word, schmuck.

Asswipe Posted: Tue Jul 5 03:47:49 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chan said:
>my work is my passion.
>well film is actually.
>i work non-stop. work late hours.
>am happy in what i do.
>
>other than that...
>nothing else really.
>
>i can't surf here in singapore... and it's getting me rather down. sometimes i dream abt the waves back in perth.
>
>i dream of opening my own cafe with my friends. nothing big but definately something quaint and means something to my friends and my customers
>
>and shopping. yeah that sounds like a girl. but i love to shop. period. i shop more than a girl at times.
>
>

oh, chanzy. give me a week on a surfboard and i'll bet i cut them waves up better than your levis-loving ass.

Asswipe Posted: Tue Jul 5 03:48:18 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nikki said:
>my passion is connecting to others. Warm loving deep and supportive relationships. I value friendship above and beyond all other connections.

who the fuck hacked your account, psycho?

Asswipe Posted: Tue Jul 5 03:51:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>probably my pathetic need to make the world a better place or whatever. My friend Erin calls it the "suburban white girl's burden."

oooh, disillusionment setting in?

>So i'm majoring in anthropology and i'll try my best to find a job where i'm doing something positive.

i sort of dig the idea of anthropology, and studying past cultures to make connections with our own day and age, in aim of some sort of societal betterment. my mom just tossed a book in the bathroom, for toilet reading, about some mexican culture and their religion, which seemed awefully similar to buddhism, but also similar to most of the other forty-year old woman self-help books that she reads. eh, i forget their name.

Asswipe Posted: Tue Jul 5 03:56:03 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  erikagm said:
>Wow Nikki, I can say I am honestly impressed.

i hate you for being bought so easily.

>
>I sincerely hope that the people that truly know you, cherish you and value you for the feelings you have.
>
>As for me? I think my passion is simply surviving until tomorrow. And so on, and so forth.

you must get pretty bored with only trying to survive. is that still that hard down in mexico? up here, in the states, you can pretty much survive off dumpster digging in a warm climate.

>
>I try not to become too attached to anything or anyone, because everything ends, eventually, although at times I cant help it.

in the immortal words of bette middler, "it's the heart, afraid of breaking, that never learns to dance."

it all will come to an end eventually, no matter what... with that attitude, why not shoot yourself in the face?

>
>I guess you could say I'm passionate about my family.

this returns to my rant the other night. what about 'em?

>
>And if I had enough money to be able to, I'd be passionate about shopping. But which woman wouldn't be?

fuck off with your shopping.

iggy Posted: Tue Jul 5 03:57:11 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Asswipe said:
>chan said:
>>my work is my passion.
>>well film is actually.
>>i work non-stop. work late hours.
>>am happy in what i do.
>>
>>other than that...
>>nothing else really.
>>
>>i can't surf here in singapore... and it's getting me rather down. sometimes i dream abt the waves back in perth.
>>
>>i dream of opening my own cafe with my friends. nothing big but definately something quaint and means something to my friends and my customers
>>
>>and shopping. yeah that sounds like a girl. but i love to shop. period. i shop more than a girl at times.
>>
>>
>
>oh, chanzy. give me a week on a surfboard and i'll bet i cut them waves up better than your levis-loving ass.

lol. i would love to see ur ass getting wiped out on a killer wave... hehhehheh

Asswipe Posted: Tue Jul 5 03:57:52 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nikki said:
>sometimes I'm passionate about preserving simple things like local dialect, and protecting gentle/innocent and kind people from harm, and sometimes it's on a grand scale, like protecting gay and women's rights. Usually though it's about supporting others, helping them to feel like they really and truly are important, and worthy of respect, love and care. :-)

okay cooch-breath, what have you done in the last 15 years of your existance that has supported your above claims?

Asswipe Posted: Tue Jul 5 04:01:08 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Right now I don't really have a passion of any kind in my life. Which is good and bad at the same time.
>
>There's not really anything really getting to me at the moment, or taking truckloads of my attention. Apathy is the word.

apathy ain't a good state to exist in, as my past goes. god, apathy drives my mind wild. it's like sitting back and watching the world go by like an olsen twins movie that went directly to home video. except i don't even slap my head at the cliched, forseeable endings, i just don't know what to think or care about. it's a shitty state.

Asswipe Posted: Tue Jul 5 04:04:00 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>Christophe said:
>>Haha.
>>
>>Well, it's like the one I put on here when I went on my previous vacation; I was dead tired when they took it (check the hair lol), which probably accounts for the grumpiness.
>
>looking at it again...you have a sort of "come hither" look in your eyes in this one...

weird that you'd take that look to be "come hither." I think most girls would take it to mean, "if i see him in a dark alley, i'm fucked."

Asswipe Posted: Tue Jul 5 04:05:49 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i responded to every one who responded about my topic. christ, what an effort.

was about to start a new thread but my mind just zapped.

peace

choke Posted: Tue Jul 5 04:09:02 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My passion is learning. I like to watch people and I like to learn new things. I forget them all at the end of the day, but I knew better for a small while :)

Asswipe Posted: Tue Jul 5 04:13:01 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chan said:
>Asswipe said:
>>chan said:
>>>my work is my passion.
>>>well film is actually.
>>>i work non-stop. work late hours.
>>>am happy in what i do.
>>>
>>>other than that...
>>>nothing else really.
>>>
>>>i can't surf here in singapore... and it's getting me rather down. sometimes i dream abt the waves back in perth.
>>>
>>>i dream of opening my own cafe with my friends. nothing big but definately something quaint and means something to my friends and my customers
>>>
>>>and shopping. yeah that sounds like a girl. but i love to shop. period. i shop more than a girl at times.
>>>
>>>
>>
>>oh, chanzy. give me a week on a surfboard and i'll bet i cut them waves up better than your levis-loving ass.
>
>lol. i would love to see ur ass getting wiped out on a killer wave... hehhehheh
>
>

bleh, you responding even before i'm done with my responses. a warrented response, i'll give you that. but i CAN snowboard, and i learn the physical shit pretty quickly.

FN Posted: Tue Jul 5 06:40:57 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Asswipe said:
>weird that you'd take that look to be "come hither." I think most girls would take it to mean, "if i see him in a dark alley, i'm fucked."

They can bet their sweet ass they would be

And agree, apathy is a bit of a shitty state, but meh.

addi Posted: Tue Jul 5 07:16:45 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Asswipe said:

>who the fuck hacked your account, psycho?

Once again, I think it...Asswipe writes it.

Nikki Posted: Tue Jul 5 07:23:29 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I LOVE YOU ASSWIPE :-)

Nikki Posted: Tue Jul 5 07:28:56 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  thanks Erikagm

you're very perceptive and I appreciate the insight.

to all of you, I can only ask for forgiveness. thanks for your patience and kindness.

:-)

Paulo Posted: Tue Jul 5 07:37:00 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  >
>all this sounds awesome and very similar to what i'm currently going through. Glad to hear you're filming for this deep pocket schmuck, just to give yourself some experience--seeing that you think down on his writing makes it all the better, as you've seen how the mighty can shine. i guess i'm most interested in the MA program you're involved in and i'm mostly curious about your background, college grades, and what sort of shit was required to get into the program. inform me if you will, i'd be glad to hear about it as it seems to be in the same field-area as me getting an MFA in creative writing. although i ain't sure that's exactly what i want to do, but it'd be similar to anything along the writing lines.

Well Mr Wipe, i'm not sure of your location on this rock so my experience might be a little different. But for my Degree (a BA in Media Practice) In the first year I had to do everything, Radio, Film, Desktop Publishing and Photography. Desktop Publishing and Radio were dropped for the second year because I didn't really get on with it.

In the second year I concentrated on Scriptwriting, Film, Film making and sadly photography but the art bullshitnonsense in Photography alienated me from it because I don't care if a photo needs more shading in the upper right quadrant or what I was trying to say, I pointed the camera at something, I opened the shutter and the light senstive film recorded whatever happened to be out the window when the curtains were open!

(Rant out of the way) My course was great because if you wrote a script for scriptwriting, the following year, providing it was under 10 minutes you could make it, i've made a zombie film, a documentary (with Jasco) a film I made when I was 17 which is of rather low quality but rocketh a lot and my masterpiece with Mat_J about his love of arty films and my hatred of them.

I'd recomend my course to you as you gradualy narrow and specialise until the third year where you can concentrate on what you really want to do. For my MA I had to wait a year because they felt I wasn't ready, but I went out there and got a scriptwriting job for a documentary (sadly it came to nothing due to various issues with the old folk of the town) and they couldn't really say no. The interview was nerve wracking but they basically said stop waffling about scripts, what do you really want to write? and I said comedy and sitcom as you can only learn so much about feature length scripts. All I needed was 2:1 and what they called a proven talent which I guess they thought I had.

It's in Glamorgan University which no-one has ever heard of, which is in the tiny Principality of Wales (which few of heard of) on that tiny Island that long ago, and miraculously owned half the world or something.

It's full of pretentious art types and it's taught as such, which is the main failing because for all the time they spend teaching you the value of making artistic statements they don't teach you how to get paid doing it, (which suits half of them as they'll glady make films that they can jerk off to the greatness about, from the comfort of their own bedsit) But at the same time I was allowed to make a short film that pointed out the shortcomings of everyone else's (I managed to predict with ease months in advance the types of films being made) and make the best received film of the class.

It's all fine and well making a confusing film with high concept and "themese" and "issues" but for me nothing beats the gratification of being in a cinema with 80 people having them laugh out loud at my film. While all the others hat to sit content with "hmm" and "ahh" and the uncertainty because there was no discussion afterwards, my film was a comedy, and as such I could tell instantly if I succeeded, there aren't many other film genres where the pay off is that immediate, if any.

Mesh Posted: Tue Jul 5 08:53:44 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I guess I'm a bit like Christophe as late....a bit apathetic. One day I would like to have a family of my own. Live in a nice place to raise my kids, and and try to give them a better childhood than I had.

But as far as one single focus, such as music, art, writing, or a certain sport, I'm just not feeling passionate about anything right now.

breeze Posted: Tue Jul 5 13:00:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My level of passion has been volatile for a while. At times I'm very passionate about things - I love my job, dancing, friends. I wake up in the morning excited about going to the office, something I really hope to keep as I go forward. I'm passionate about fighting for human rights of people in my country (maybe like Libra still believing that I can make this world a better place). I'm passionate about dancing learing salsa and belly dancing. I get easily excited about new things, but at times it dies as fast as it appeared..

Then there are moments when I feel apathetic towards everything, when nothing moves my feelings and everything seems so dull... I hate those moments.

Kira Posted: Tue Jul 5 18:47:56 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Writing/storytelling, since I was five or six years old.

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Jul 5 20:08:31 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My new wife.
We've been married six months and we still say "I love you" to each other at least 10 times a day.
I only regret that we have so little time left to grow old together.
Seems that we are already old. I'm 50 and she's 49.
We will have to pack a lifetime of living in about 30yrs give or take a few. That probably seems like a helluva long time to most of you, but believe me it's not. I've got moles older than most of you.
The good thing about this is that at our age, we already know what is truly important and what is not.
At the risk of sounding sickenly sweet, the happiness we have found with each other is truly amazing.
I have been completely sober since we started dating a little over two years ago, and I see the world more clearly than I ever could before.
I see this wonderful woman who I briefly dated in high school and then lost track of her for 32 years.
During that time we were both blindsided by life and the lessons learned from living it.
Me, through military service and drugs and two failed marriages and her, through an abusive family and an uncaring husband, and now an autistic grandson.
We are both stronger and wiser now because of these adversities and we know that the happiness we find in each others arms is real and lasting love.

I hope this post didn't make most of you puke.

misszero Posted: Tue Jul 5 20:24:39 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Meshuggah said:
>I guess I'm a bit like Christophe as late....a bit apathetic. One day I would like to have a family of my own. Live in a nice place to raise my kids, and and try to give them a better childhood than I had.
>
>But as far as one single focus, such as music, art, writing, or a certain sport, I'm just not feeling passionate about anything right now.

i feel the same as Meshuggah.

Ed Posted: Tue Jul 5 20:41:17 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  filthy mcnasty said:
>My new wife.
>We've been married six months and we still say "I love you" to each other at least 10 times a day.

Yay you, hif. : )

addi Posted: Tue Jul 5 20:50:40 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  filthy mcnasty said:

>I hope this post didn't make most of you puke.

Nope. You're political posts make me puke, but not this one

Good for you, Hif! The lessons we learn over the years.

Mesh Posted: Wed Jul 6 00:49:31 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  filthy mcnasty said:
>

I thought it was quite nice, actually.

Asswipe Posted: Wed Jul 6 02:10:41 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>Writing/storytelling, since I was five or six years old.

i'd really like to read some of your stories... want to post some up here or e-mail some my way?

Asswipe Posted: Wed Jul 6 02:18:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Paulo said: stuff stuff stuff

not gonna copy all of what you wrote, but thanks for the info. i like how you differentiate between comedy and more serious films in terms of the immediate response, and i can see the appeal to that type of creation.

for me, it's sort of too late to enter into a complete film-makers boot camp, as i'm just about to finish my english studies, and the sand's draining away in the hourglass for my time before my parents kick me from the nest, but i am taking a script writing course this upcoming semester, so i'll see how that goes.

eh, anyway. thanks for sharing, i did enjoy hearing about it all.

as with sailovzi, i'd like to see something you've done or, since it's easier, read some scripts.

iggy Posted: Wed Jul 6 04:24:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  if anyone wants help abt film making...

feel free to ask :)

Mesh Posted: Wed Jul 6 07:19:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  filthy mcnasty said:
>
>
>Me, through military service

Tell us stories!

I have a story. There was a young man who really, really didn't want to be in military. He cut his throat with a razor, and I was (un)lucky enough to have been the one to find his body in a bathroom stahl, in a pool of blood.

erikagm Posted: Wed Jul 6 12:59:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  filthy mcnasty said:

I agree with Addi. Your political posts make me puke. Hehehe

Actually, it made me a tad jealous. In the best sense of the feeling, anyway.

Best of luck to you!

Kira Posted: Fri Jul 8 17:15:15 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Asswipe said:
>Kira said:
>>Writing/storytelling, since I was five or six years old.
>
>i'd really like to read some of your stories... want to post some up here or e-mail some my way?

I'll send over whatever isn't too badly in need of revision.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]