Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Rant
FN Posted: Tue Jul 5 09:03:06 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  No comments are needed on this one but for some strange reason I feel like getting it out in the open somewhere since I can't talk to any of my friends about this, for obvious reasons, and it's scaring me.

One of my best friends is really in love with this girl, but she isn't interested in him, even though he keeps on making himself believe that she is and that some day they'll get together. We have a lot of mutual friends though, and through them I know that it just isn't going to happen, but you can't talk to him about that because he gets pissed off in a second about it and doesn't want to hear it. She likes the attention but he just isn't her type and she doesn't want to spoil the friendship by breaking his heart.

She went along on vacation this weekend.

I knew her from parties and such but I didn't know her that good on a personal level, and I didn't really care that much since I wasn't interested in her on a personal level anyway because of my buddy's feelings towards her, so I decided to keep the boat off.

This weekend I got to know her better and I had some awesome moments with her.

We went clubbing for example with the whole "vacation group", but in the end everybody went back to the hotel and just me and her remained at the club, and we basicly danced till 6-7 in the morning, we were the last people on the dancefloor and everybody in the club was just standing on the sides of the floor looking at us. We just kind of forgot about everything and enjoyed ourselves.

She's one of the most attractive girls I know, really, so she had a lot of guys swarming around her at the club, which I kept at bay for some reason. It was really weird, they tried to dance with her but I somehow got protective of her signalling to those guys to back off, a bit more zealous than I'd expect myself to do for "just a girl I know", and she was doing the same a bit... She came up to me and whispered "let's pretend we're together so they'll all leave me alone and we can have a good time" and started hugging me and dancing with me specifically as a message to the other guys there sort of speak, and I liked it and calmed down for some reason.

We fooled around "wrestling" on the beach and stuff, and I was amused by how fragile and (excuse the sexism) "girly" she was, she was always just launching herself at me and hanging off my shoulders or whatever. But I faked that she was taking me down and acted like she made me fall at some point but she noticed that she hadn't really done it (I'm not good at acting) and we just laughed and she was "hitting me" for teasing her. I just thought it was all so cute.

We had an unsuspected "titanic" moment (haha) when walking on a dyke, and I was worried that she'd fall (not that it was that high, like a good meter, and there was sand underneath from the beach anyway, but she was standing on the other side of the railing), so I grabbed hold of her telling her to be careful, and we started laughing and humming the titanic theme and it was just all very amusing but somehow when the laughter died down we stood there like that for a bit longer than we should have looking at that sunset like that, you know.

We slept in the same bed (nothing happened) and it was all just really comfortable. I noticed that she wasn't tucked in too good and that her back and feet weren't covered, so I tucked her in making sure she wouldn't be cold, thinking she was already asleep.

The next day when we had a moment alone she smiled and said she thought it was sweet of me having tucked her in and that she appreciated it that I took good care of her.

We always shared a blanket when sitting on the sofa or something while we were talking to other people.

We went for a walk and we had to get down to the beach, but me being me (lol) I decided to take another route than the rest of the group and she came along with me and just grabbed my arm while walking at some point and out of the blue just softly said that I made her feel safe and that she really enjoyed being with me.

We danced on the balcony at night to some sappy love song while the others were sleeping, with a thunderstorm raging overhead, and it was just such a perfect moment you know.

And somewhere around this point the shit hit the fan, even though I didn't know it at the time.

The guy who's in love with her, one of my best friends remember, had gotten pissed off because she wasn't giving him any attention and I was always doing stuff with her. He didn't tell me, but he told another one of our best friends, who was also there, and that one told me yesterday after we got back.

Yesterday we went to get a drink and the in love friend came to pick me up and confronted me about it; saying that he didn't want me to hear from somebody else that he'd be talking around my back or anything, and he just said that he knew he didn't have to make a fuss about it since he trusted me not to go after the girl, being his friend, and I agreed.

During the last evening she and the friend in love with her spent some time lying on a bed in another room talking (nothing happened though, and from what she told me she got quite bored as he was doing all the talking lol). I felt a little agitated because she was in another room with him lying on a bed (even though I knew nothing was going on). According to him that event had made him feel better again so he wasn't pissed off at me for having spent so much time with her.

As I said, yesterday we went to get a drink with some of the people who had come along on vacation, and she was there too. The friend in love felt sick though and went home like half an hour after we had arrived (around 11 at night). The café where we got together was pretty loud so the group just split into pairs of 2 people talking to eachother, and guess what, me and her happened to be a talking pair too...

We had a really good conversation, about all kinds of stuff, but it wasn't just empty talking you know, we really were saying stuff.

I'm really surprised at how well I'm getting along with this girl, finishing eachother's sentences and stuff, and sharing the same opinions but with just enough difference in them to make for a good and interesting debate during the conversation, you know?

At some point she asked me something about my ex gf and stuff and we got into a conversation about realtionships, and to my horror we both agreed that with our way of thinking we'd get along great in a relationship.

To add to all the confusion, when she went to the bathroom and I ordered new drinks, the bartender who I've never talked to before smiled at me saying that we seemed happy together and that we looked like a good couple.

During some point of the night she pulled one of her girlfriends into the conversation, basicly showering me with compliments about how good I had taken care of her during the weekend and things like that, and we were both smiling remembering all the little things that happened.

That's what I'm doing now too thinking about it all again.

But now we're back in the real world, with the danger of my friend getting pissed off, rumours circulating behind my back about me and her getting along too good during the weekend (I know about it because I have people here and there letting me know when something gets said about me), and I have no idea wether I'm feeling more for this girl than good friendship.(although being totally honest I think I have to admit that I'm having a small crush on her...) And I have no idea about where she's standing in all of this.

For all I know we were just having fun and nothing more, and that is probably the way I should look at it too to avoid trouble.

I hate it when I fail to keep stuff like this under control.

The end.

erikagm Posted: Tue Jul 5 12:33:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Go for her.

Your friend, if he truly is that, will learn to forgive you once he sees how good you two are together.

If it bombs out, he'll also be there to comfort you, or at least say "told you to leave her alone, man"

So my opinion, as I have already stated, is that you give it a shot. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Mesh Posted: Tue Jul 5 12:48:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Unless his friend decides to murder him.

But it sounds like you really like this girl. Go for it. But whatever you do hope it all works out ok.

FN Posted: Tue Jul 5 12:54:41 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm not the backstabbing kind.

If anybody would do that to me I wouldn't talk to them again in my life.

Ed Posted: Tue Jul 5 13:10:32 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>I'm not the backstabbing kind.
>
>If anybody would do that to me I wouldn't talk to them again in my life.

But, if you were in his place, wouldn't you know better than to carry an interest in someone who you have no chance with because they have no interest in you?

What's going to change? He'll have to get over her at some point, right? Why doesn't she deal with him?

libra Posted: Tue Jul 5 13:17:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Reading about the two of you together made me smile...and the whole thing reminds me of when i was in vancouver and things with jonathan were starting and another friend of mine was upset at the lack of attention she was recieving from him. With us...i had an excuse to go off with him and not worry about her...because she had always known he liked me. Since about the first day they met.

Anyway, Chris, it sounds like you and she might really have something...and i know you wouldn't break those unspoken rules regarding girls and friends...but maybe eventually things will shift and your friend who likes her will move on...

FN Posted: Tue Jul 5 13:24:54 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't know.

And like I said, I don't know how she feels about all of this, chances are I'm just reading too much into everything and we were just enjoying ourselves, nothing more.

I believe very strongly in the "unwritten rules". I didn't talk to my former best friend for over 2 years after he tried to steal my ex from me (which didn't work out for him and backfired pretty badly lol). So I don't want to break my own rules sort of speak.

Or like chanz pointed out on msn, she could just be an attention seeker having a go with me, knowing that she was making me horny as hell in that cute underwear.

breeze Posted: Tue Jul 5 14:09:07 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  that's a tricky situation. I also value friendship over everything, so I wouldn't make any serious moves until I was sure that a. she doesn't have anything towards him and b. she has something towards you.

If she feels the same way about you like you do for her, it might just make sense for her to talk to your friend and tell him that things will never work out between them and that he needs to move on. Because dragging the thing like this, she endangers not only her friendship with him, but also your friendship with this guy. The only fact though that she still didn't put things straight with your friend, might be an indication that she really just likes the attention.

If she is really just an attention seeker, you don't want to ruin your frienship with that guy because of her and you might just keep it low until you figure out the real picture between you two.

By the way, I like your new pic :)

erikagm Posted: Tue Jul 5 16:11:25 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ok, then, if you don't want to break your own rules, do the following:

*Talk to the girl, tell her how you felt about the time you spent together, and ask her if she's interested in something more than a friendship.

*If she says yes, have her talk to your friend and clarify how she feels about him, making it very clear that she has no interest in him

*Talk to your friend yourself, and let him know that you know for a fact that this girl has no interest in him, and that you're gonna start courting her

(That way he can't complain that you're stealing her from him, she's already made it damn clear that she has no interest in him)

In any case, if she says she isnt interested in you, you can save yourself the hassle and stop wondering if she was interested or not.

Dunno, might work...

libra Posted: Tue Jul 5 16:16:26 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  erikagm said:
> and that you're gonna start courting her
>

courting. so cute.

FN Posted: Tue Jul 5 16:17:00 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Thx :o)

Update:

Okay I'm going out of my mind... It's not even funny anymore pfff.

I just spent over an hour (2 hours?) talking to her about chopin, beethoven, shakespeare and movies most people I know have never even heard of.

When she asked what I was doing I told her I was just watching Citizen Kane again, she had heard the name before but didn't know what it was all about. I told her it's my favourite, but a black and white movie that goes on for 2 hours without any action or special effects. She asked if we could watch it together some time.

God damned.

I'm sorry for the ranting again but what the fuck I don't know what to do, how many 17 year old girls listen to classical music, can quote shakespeare, want to watch citizen kane, and have the sweetest ass in the history of mankind.

I also caught myself staring at the vacation pictures that she's in longer than I should.

I know that what I'm doing is wrong, so fucking wrong, but I can't help it, and I'm feeling like such a complete ass for getting along so well with her behind my friend's back.

I'm fucked.

FN Posted: Tue Jul 5 16:23:55 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hadn't read this at the time of my previous post.

erikagm said:
>Ok, then, if you don't want to break your own rules, do the following:
>
>*Talk to the girl, tell her how you felt about the time you spent together, and ask her if she's interested in something more than a friendship.

But I don't know if this thing will be over in like a week or something. Also, I think asking her something about it right now would be very pushy, impulsive and desperate, 3 things I am not.

>*If she says yes, have her talk to your friend and clarify how she feels about him, making it very clear that she has no interest in him

I know, she knows, and everybody knows that the moment she literally tells him instead of just hinting it like she's doing now, he'll probably cut her off sort of speak, creating a serious crack in that group of friends.

>*Talk to your friend yourself, and let him know that you know for a fact that this girl has no interest in him, and that you're gonna start courting her

It's not my job to do that, and if I tell him that he'll think I'm challenging him, which I'm not, and it'll come across like I'm deliberately trying to ruin his chances.

>In any case, if she says she isnt interested in you, you can save yourself the hassle and stop wondering if she was interested or not.

If that's the case, I'll look like an ass, won't be able to act normal around her anymore because it will fuck things up and make it all awkward, and I'll be in the same shit because stuff like that gets out anyway, and if my friend hears that he'd be just as pissed. And I can understand that.

libra Posted: Tue Jul 5 16:38:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  aw chris...

i'm sorry that you're frustrated right now.

i can't help but root for you and her getting together...it sounds like you two could really have something there and i don't want you to miss it.

but then again, i am a romantic "above all things i believe in love" type.

FN Posted: Tue Jul 5 16:47:19 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The plot just thickened some more.

Another girl in the same group of friends (so a friend of both me and her too) but who didn't go along on vacation because she's on vacation somewhere else, apparantly has fallen in love with me somewhere during the past few weeks, a friend just told me.

I like that one too, but not in the same way I'm liking the other one right now.

Haha, life just beats any movie

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Jul 5 16:53:00 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>The plot just thickened some more.
>
>Another girl in the same group of friends (so a friend of both me and her too) but who didn't go along on vacation because she's on vacation somewhere else, apparantly has fallen in love with me somewhere during the past few weeks, a friend just told me.
>
>I like that one too, but not in the same way I'm liking the other one right now.
>
>Haha, life just beats any movie
>
Chris, we're just gonna have to change your handle to "sparky" !

FN Posted: Tue Jul 5 17:08:17 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sparky?

*dumb glaze in his eyes*

Mesh Posted: Tue Jul 5 17:24:59 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I dont get it eyether.

addi Posted: Tue Jul 5 18:02:12 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wait! The plot just got even thickerer!

I think I love you too, Christophe!

Ed Posted: Tue Jul 5 19:34:33 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>I think I love you too, Christophe!

lol.

I've come to the conclusion that anyone intentionally involved in that mess deserves to be confused and frustrated because of it. Isn't it the job of a friend to say, "Hey, you're being retarded."? Whatever...

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Jul 5 19:46:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  In the redneck vernacular, when a guy is hitting on a girl, it's called "sparking".
Kind of an antiquated term I suppose, but I still kind of like it.

misszero Posted: Tue Jul 5 20:26:46 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  in local newcastle vernacular, when a guy is hitting on a girl (or vice versa) we call it 'tuning'. eg "oh no, he won't be interested, he's tuning that chick"

Ed Posted: Tue Jul 5 20:35:29 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>we call it 'tuning'. eg "oh no, he won't be interested, he's tuning that chick"

If I heard such a comment, I'd think that those people were 1)fans of Dark City and 2)were watching someone slip someone else a roofie

addi Posted: Tue Jul 5 20:54:26 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  filthy mcnasty said:
>In the redneck vernacular, when a guy is hitting on a girl, it's called "sparking".

Back in high school if we had a car and a girlfriend guys would want to "go park and spark".

I never did it though. I had my reputation to think about.

FN Posted: Tue Jul 5 21:26:43 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Everything seems so much clearer now with my new name and all.

I just came back from the guy's place, we watched "big fish". I'm evil.

Ed Posted: Tue Jul 5 21:42:49 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>I'm evil.

Speaking of...
What did you think of Voltaire's 'When You're Evil'? Or do you even remember checking it out?

Posted: Tue Jul 5 23:48:23 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  bros before hoes.

or prose before hoes. if you're shakespeare.

Asswipe Posted: Wed Jul 6 02:08:56 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  heh, you wrote 1,499 words about a girl which you "think I have to admit that I'm having a small crush on her..." You've got more than a small crush on the girl, man.

first things first, your friend, the one "in love" with her, sounds like a tool, and I think you see it also by the way you portrayed him. i'd sit down and talk to him and try my damndest to keep things smooth, but no matter how that goes, i'd still go for the girl, and i'd tell him that. She doesn't want him, he's gotta learn to take rejection. Help him get over it.

i'm honestly suprised as hell in your abilities to resist the above temptations--all that time together and not even a kiss. christ mate, i don't see how you did it. 50 to 1 says she wants you. but hey, you know all of this.

FN Posted: Wed Jul 6 05:49:50 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ed said:
>What did you think of Voltaire's 'When You're Evil'? Or do you even remember checking it out?

I remember, long time ago, and I still listen to it every now and then :o)

And I think you're right, ass, it isn't getting any better...

But like crim said, I'd hate to lose a friend over a girl, again.

This guy is my friend, buddy, whatever, you know? We go back years and years and the reason why I never tried anything with her is that I don't want to fuck that up because of a fling

Beep Posted: Wed Jul 6 15:34:12 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  If you're that close shouldn't he forgive you eventually? it may take him a while but, from my point of view, he seems like he's being an ass.
It's a bit cliche, but if he doesn't forgive you and he's causing this much hassle then you're better off with him out of your hair. that goes for the girl too, if she's just playing with you then she is pretty twisted and if asking where you stand makes things awkward for you, you're better off without. it seems pretty clear that she's into you, don't be so hard on yourself that you think she isn't and it's all in your mind, you've got the whole of GT here saying that she looks like she's into you and to go for it, i'd agree with that.

Beep Posted: Wed Jul 6 15:34:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Minus Addi, who wants you for himself anyways :P

addi Posted: Wed Jul 6 16:44:02 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Beep said:
>Minus Addi

The two most dreaded words in the english language

FN Posted: Wed Jul 6 18:24:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I bet if I wanted to I could make a soap out of this:

Update:

I just had a rather volatile talk with another friend of mine who was there as well (the one who's also in the picture). He was the one who told me that the in love friend (elephant guy btw, if somebody remembers him) had gotten pissed off because of me.

Apparently he felt like he needed to ask me if I'm sure if I know what I am getting myself into.

It seems like rumours are spreading like crazy, way more and way worse than I had imagined they would, and he warned me that this thing could turn to chaos in a heartbeat if somebody pushed the wrong buttons. And I think he's right.

Half the city seems to think they know "exactly" what happened with me and that girl, apparently we already kissed and stuff too, and they're starting to ask questions.

A girlfriend of the girl, who used to have a crush on me (and according to some sources still has a rather healthy intrest), told the guy I just had a talk with that the girl is trying too hard to get me and things like that and that it's just too obvious. But I always look at who's doing the talking so I'm cautious to drawing any conclusions from what she's saying, because of our history.

Conclusion was that I told my friend to have the mutual girlfriend talk to me about it tomorrow (so she won't know he told me about it) because I can't stand people talking behind my back, but there seem to be a lot of theories circulating through the networks of friends.

Tune in tomorrow, when another kilogram of shit hits the fan.

FN Posted: Wed Jul 6 18:51:21 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Beep said:
>If you're that close shouldn't he forgive you eventually?

No. Because he knows that I wouldn't either.

>it may take him a while but, from my point of view, he seems like he's being an ass.

I can see where he's coming from, I can't ask him to turn his feelings off when I can't do it myself.

>It's a bit cliche, but if he doesn't forgive you and he's causing this much hassle then you're better off with him out of your hair.

Well, that's just my friends I guess. There are well-defined lines that you should not cross, and if you do you can expect trouble.

>that goes for the girl too, if she's just playing with you then she is pretty twisted

That much I agree with, which is why I'm going about it like I am right now.

>and if asking where you stand makes things awkward for you, you're better off without.

How could it not turn awkward if the answer was no?

>it seems pretty clear that she's into you, don't be so hard on yourself that you think she isn't and it's all in your mind, you've got the whole of GT here saying that she looks like she's into you and to go for it, i'd agree with that.

That's just it, she might be a little in to me or whatever, like I'm into her now, but you have to keep in mind that before this weekend I barely knew this girl, other than having seen her at parties thinking she was hot and having some random talks with her, party talk you know.

That's not a very solid foundation.

addi Posted: Wed Jul 6 19:53:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I say enjoy the moment...soak it all in...embrace your feelings, your passion 100% right now. Mentally go "outside" yourself and appreciate life's unique experiences. It's an amazing thing to feel...really.
Yeah, I know it sounds twisted. I know you don't want to hurt your friend too, but passion just happens..you didn't make it happen.
It may be difficult to comprehend, but soon (sooner than you realize) you're going to wake up one morning and the unsettling, wonderful, bursting heart, bittersweet, confusing feelings you have right now will be gone. You'll slowly regain consciousness and reality will come crashing back in; You have a million responsibilities, bills to pay, problems at work, a person laying next to you, that you may or may not be deeply in love with, and everything will have become routine. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's definately a different thing.
As you stumble into your kitchen to make coffee you'll suddenly think back to this exact time and situation in your life, and even with the confusion and frustration you'll sigh...and wish you were right back it the middle of the whole damn mess.
Because you felt alive, every inch of your body tingled, you had choices, and nothing..nothing beats the fleeting first feelings of deep romantic passion for another person.

: )

libra Posted: Wed Jul 6 20:10:06 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi. that made me smile.

and i agree with you.

FN Posted: Wed Jul 6 20:17:56 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You're right addi, I never want to get married.

addi Posted: Wed Jul 6 20:59:12 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  lol
Oh, Jeez...you missed my point. Have I taught you nothing?!

A piece of paper has nothing to do with it. It happens with any person you're with after a period of time. You may love them deeply after many years together, but the feelings you have right now won't be there.
and here's the dilemma:
If you swear that you never want to have that happen in your life the only alternative you have is to continually move from one person to the next after the romantic passion fades each time(the love may not fade, but the initial butterfly feeling of passion will).
You get to "fall in love" many times, but it doesn't last, so you move on to the next person that will bring those wonderful feelings that you crave...and repeat and repeat...

Love is SO damn wonderful, and SO damn complicated

addi Posted: Wed Jul 6 21:14:55 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ps don't listen to me on matters of love...basically I'm clueless

libra Posted: Wed Jul 6 21:16:29 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ps don't listen to me on matters of love...basically I'm clueless

we all are...that's why we care about it so much, and try so hard

Ed Posted: Wed Jul 6 23:50:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Bah, it feels simple enough to me. I don't know what problem youse guys've got.

kurohyou Posted: Thu Jul 7 00:36:41 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ps don't listen to me on matters of love...basically I'm clueless

Sounds to me like you've got it pretty well figured out, at least as well as any of the rest of us do. Love is a big paradox in our lives. Something brings us amazing pleasure and joy, and at the same time causes a large amount of pain and suffering. Like you said, its a ride. It's one of the best rides anyone will ever have the priviledge of going on. There's no script, no one way to go, and no way of knowing how things will end. But it still a ride worth taking.

The past is gone, you can never reclaim it. The future is uncertain at best. We all wake up each day never really knowing what will happen to us. All any of us have is this very moment, we are gaurenteed nothing else. Try not to think about any future, be it with her or be it facing a hurt friend. Stay in the moments you have with her and how you feel when you are with her. Try not to label it as love, lust or what have you, just be there. That is when you will feel most alive.

After my little rant I think Addi may have said it better...but hey...

For what it's worth...

addi Posted: Thu Jul 7 07:08:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:

>After my little rant I think Addi may have said it better...but hey...

: )

Thank you, Kuro. I always appreciate your wisdom on things as well.

Love is the simplest, most primal basic emotion we experience. It can also be the most complicated, misdiagnosed, and confusing emotion we ever deal with.

A toast to life's paradoxes...it keeps us from boredom

innocenceNonus Posted: Thu Jul 7 16:20:11 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Wait! The plot just got even thickerer!
>
>I think I love you too, Christophe!

lol. Very cute, addi.

innocenceNonus Posted: Thu Jul 7 16:28:52 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I understand that you're trying to maintain loyalty to your friend, but if you really like the girl and if she's really a good match for you... go for it.

I agree with most of the people in this thread. The kid has to learn to take a no.

FN Posted: Thu Jul 7 16:49:40 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm going over to his place in an hour our something, along with 5-6 other friends. She'll be there too.

I haven't seen her since tuesday or something, but we've been talking on msn and sending eachother messages on our mobile phones.

The friend who was going to have to have a talk with me hasn't done so yet, I'm guessing she's afraid she'll piss me off or something. I'll probably confront her about it tonight and ask her what she's saying behind my back, in a non agressive way.

As for the current object of my affection, sort of speak, the confusion is only growing. I want to bang her like a bunny on a cocktail of viagra and XTC. Yet the same problems remain.

I'm thinking about applying the "out of sight, out of heart" technique starting tomorrow or something. That's probably what I'll end up doing and that's probably what's going to cause me the least trouble.

I'll get over it.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Jul 7 16:58:23 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:
>I understand that you're trying to maintain loyalty to your friend, but if you really like the girl and if she's really a good match for you... go for it.
>
>I agree with most of the people in this thread. The kid has to learn to take a no.
>
kind of reminds me of the age old scenario when one girl gets mad at her girlfriend for dating one of her ex-boyfriends.
Not exactly the same but similar.
stupid.

FN Posted: Thu Jul 7 21:11:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The thing is that I completely broke with my former best friend when he tried to steal my gf, and granted, she isn't his gf at the moment, but to him it seems to be more or less the same so in his eyes, and in those of a lot of my friends, I probably wouldn't be able to back myself up if you will, considering I cut all ties with that friend who tried to get my ex. And failed miserably, I still feel good about that one. Arrogant ass.

FN Posted: Thu Jul 7 21:24:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  For those of you still following the show:

Apparently I was right about the girlfriend who was supposed to talk to me, she's afraid she'll piss me off by trying to talk to me about it (she told the guy she talked to in the first place). However, I told him to push her some more so she'd start talking to me about it.

Also, the out of sight, out of heart thing won't be working since I'm going out with "her" again tomorrow...

The in love friend would have come too tomorrow, but at the moment he claims he's not going because for some "mysterious reason" he doesn't feel good. He's pissed off as hell at everybody, and we barely talked today (not normal), it's so obvious even other people are asking him why he's acting so weird.

Ofcourse it's since she's hardly paying any attention to him, and his ego has got hit pretty badly, and the longer this thing keeps going the more I know that I could lose the guy's trust and friendship, and I understand.

On the bright side: I regained control (more or less), and rational thought is back (more or less). I managed to kill most of the butterflies, so it shouldn't bother me that much if this thing doesn't work out, which is most likely since just about everybody I know is *totally* against it, and once again, I understand.

Oh well.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]