Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

What global warming?
FN Posted: Wed Jul 13 07:52:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.popsci.com/popsci/aviation/article/0,20967,1075786,00.html

addi Posted: Wed Jul 13 08:40:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cool article. I find it comforting that serious effforts are being worked on to offset the problem.
I find it unsettling that given our track record of trying to alter nature we sometimes fail to see the long term effects of what we do, and we end up inadvertantly making matters worse. The extremely complicated chain of interconnectedness of life on earth is a scarey thing to mess with when we are "guessing" at the results.

I say keep working on possible solutions, and in the meantime start doing SERIOUS alternative research of practical ways of cutting down on fossil fuel dependancy, emissions, and use.

DanSRose Posted: Wed Jul 13 10:38:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Didn't I see this on an episode of Futurama? It burned down Al Gore's head's science expo and reigned havoc of scientists and robots.

Zacq Posted: Wed Jul 13 12:34:52 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey that was my link to post! Rr..

I'm just imagining it...

Expert: Bush you need to lower harmful gas emmissions.
Bush: Wouldn't it be easier to build a giant mirror and launch it up into the sky?
Expert: Um...

Actually that pretty much sums it up.

DanSRose Posted: Thu Jul 14 13:43:21 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hmf. Maybe global warming ate up all the other GTers.

addi Posted: Thu Jul 14 13:57:51 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  my theory is that many have melted

DanSRose Posted: Thu Jul 14 14:50:50 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Can I ask what evidence is el Presidente looking for to believe in global warming? Or is that a rhetorical question?

And yes, weather systems are complex and near impossible to track. But, trends and comparisons to previous seasons and rainfall, which can be tracked, can be used to get accurate measurements of the past.
That and all the melting of the various icebergs around both the North and South Poles.

FN Posted: Thu Jul 14 20:38:31 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Don't forget about the glaciers.

Christian Posted: Fri Jul 15 08:40:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  this whole anti-smoking thing has gone too far? :-)

DanSRose Posted: Fri Jul 15 14:24:17 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I know it's a bad day when I can't remember the word "glaciers".

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]