Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

From Somewhere In Poland...
Beep Posted: Thu Jul 21 08:37:59 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  That's right. I've been on holiday.
The thread title is actually a lie, i'm back now, but if you're reading this is got your attention..
As you have gathered i've been on holiday in Poland and it has been literally a non-stop experience from landing back to take off. Iv'e eaten my own weight many times over, iv'e gone up hungarian mountains on a horse and cart, ran back down them, gone up even bigger mountains in cable cars, traveled by just about every type of land transport. i've met more family than i thought possible, i've swam in lakes, canooed etc etc etc.

and now i'm knackered. which is good.

out there i noticed a few things.
we met up with my little cousins sosha and stashu and we gave stashu a little super man toy thing. he knows superman, but when he says 'super-man' it's just 'superman' he doesn't know it means a man that is super. to him it's just a word. it struck me as rather odd, and made me thought of the way other countries/languages percieve things that aren't in english. strange indeed.

I also had fun opening a bottle of water up above the clouds and then on landing watch it curl up and die in my outstretched hand.

And no matter how many times i go in a plane i think it will always make me grin from ear to ear when i watch people get smaller and smaller and see the land on the ground like a patchwork quilt and the clouds below me like cotton wool.
It's good to be back.

Mesh Posted: Thu Jul 21 08:48:09 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Welcome back! It sounds like you had a lot of fun, glad to hear that.

First time you've been Poland?

Asswipe Posted: Fri Jul 22 03:32:22 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ride any porcupines or wooly mammoths lately?

addi Posted: Fri Jul 22 06:54:17 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Asswipe said:
>ride any porcupines or wooly mammoths lately?

sleep it off, asswipe. You'll feel better when you wake up.

*I rode a horse out in from of wal-mart. It didn't last long though cuz I ran out of quarters

DaveHill Posted: Fri Jul 22 08:43:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You have to kick it hard in the side then. That'll make it run. Honestly.

addi Posted: Fri Jul 22 08:55:36 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DaveHill said:
>You have to kick it hard in the side then. That'll make it run. Honestly.

Thanks for the advice cowboy dave, but I think you're confusing riding a horse with riding a plinker

oh dear

DaveHill Posted: Fri Jul 22 15:15:17 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  *opens his mouths to speak*

*thinks*

nevermind.....

Beep Posted: Sun Jul 24 09:44:00 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  heh, now that's the sort of top quality entertainment and posting i'd missed on my travels.

i had never been to Poland and it was really really cool. didn't rideany porcupines or wooly mammoths, i shall rephrase:
traveled by just about every type of land transport usually traveled on by average people.

i have a few stories to tell, like how we accidentally had a meal in a whore house, but i'm a bit rushed, more may follow.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]