Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

newest web project
Posted: Sun Jul 31 22:06:45 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hey guys; just thought i'd pass along what i've been working on lately for class:

Five Philosophers : A site by Phil Renaud (that'd be me, CriminalSaint)
http://electron.cs.uwindsor.ca/~renau1x/index.html

(don't worry too much about the content of it; the part I really strived for was the layout, and the site features)

let me know what you think! :)

Also, if you get it to break somehow, lemme know.

Frin Posted: Sun Jul 31 22:52:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  "Marx's philosophy dealth heavily"
Did you mean 'dealt' ?
I went to it with the intention of breaking it, alas, this did not happen. I am forced to report that it worked smoothly and is a fine assignment.

Posted: Sun Jul 31 23:00:33 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Frin said:
>"Marx's philosophy dealth heavily"
>Did you mean 'dealt' ?
>I went to it with the intention of breaking it, alas, this did not happen. I am forced to report that it worked smoothly and is a fine assignment.

Typo fixed, thanks for tipping me off.

Asswipe Posted: Mon Aug 1 04:26:49 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  pretty design. Only thing that bugs me, while reading through some of the material, is the way large gaps appear between some words. I don't do website design so have no clue why this occurs, but, especially in your bio and "current web products", the text gaps seem mighty cavernous and distracting.

DaveHill Posted: Mon Aug 1 05:03:26 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I believe that has to with the lay-out. Everything is meant to fill in the frame, but if the words are too large, they won't be broken off but just send to the next line, and the rest of the words spaced differently.

God, that's some of my worst English ever. At least I feel that way

Posted: Mon Aug 1 10:11:01 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Asswipe said:
>pretty design. Only thing that bugs me, while reading through some of the material, is the way large gaps appear between some words. I don't do website design so have no clue why this occurs, but, especially in your bio and "current web products", the text gaps seem mighty cavernous and distracting.

it's to do with the text layout; i could have had it right-justified but instead i had it full-justified so that it filled out straight on both sides; like in a book.

Also, it has to do with the text-size switcher on the right side of the pages; the smaller you select the font to be, the less likely the gaps in words are to occur.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]