Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

pets
Ahriman Posted: Fri Aug 5 13:09:33 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Got a pet? Name, type, sex, age, etc.
I work with 152 cats and kittens. I have to name every single one and I don't repeat names.
http://www.petconnectionprogramsinc.com/home.asp

Ed Posted: Fri Aug 5 13:28:17 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I want a moogle.

FN Posted: Fri Aug 5 14:37:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm not a pet kind of person. They have very little use besides crapping on your floor or your lawn, next to eating their own weight about 5 times a day it seems.

People who claim they have a strong bond with their pet or claim it to be their friend can be sure to get a disgruntled look thrown their way. Sometimes I even resort to verbal abuse when I'm dealing with the real nutcases that try to convince me that in some way their pet understands them or whatever.

Unless you have some sort of extremely intelligent primate as a pet (and even then), your pet only loves you because it associates you with food or a beating if it doesn't behave, you tool.

I also object the whole "owning another concious being" thing about it.

I hate it when people try to force their pet to "cuddle" or whatever. And then claim that it is enjoying it to top it off.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not some kind of animal rights freak, I just think that an animal has rights as well, unless it really threatens the life of some human, in which case we kill it because we can. I'm not against animal testing either, as long as it doesn't inflict (unnecessary) pain to the animal in question. But in general animals should simply be left alone.

Just imagine how many pets there are out there lingering away in a space that's just too small, with keepers who don't have a clue about how they should take proper care of an animal.

Having said that, I have a small dog at my house, which was bought against my will, my mother and brother wanted it, and I said from the start that I didn't want to have anything to do with it.

Ahriman Posted: Fri Aug 5 15:04:04 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  An elderly woman died about a month ago, she left behind 30 cats that are all wild. Most likely gathered from local farms. The cats are emaciated, flea ridden, and are basically on death's door. I have been going to the house to feed the cats. Trying to gain their trust. They no longer hide in the tree line but freely walk towards me. Leaving them alone led to disease and hunger. Many animals are so domesticated that they cannot properly live/survive on their own.

libra Posted: Fri Aug 5 15:08:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have two dogs that don't like me all that much (my mom is the one that gives them treats and treats them like spoiled children, I'm the one that doesn't put up with their annoying behavior).
Their names are Kenzie(7 years old) and Alice(5 years)

Then my brother has a Leopard gecko named Pete(i dunno how old he is)

And I have my darling dearest birdie named Nick/Nicky(male, almost 13 years old). He is pretty smart and likes to give kisses and whistle to me and at himself in the mirror. (I don't think he realizes that it is himself he is whistleing to)

As far as kitten naming...when i try to think of names i think of themes...characters from books, greek gods, candy bars, things like that. My friend Erin fosters kittens and names them and other animals at the shelter, so she has to come up with a lot of names as well.

Mouse Posted: Fri Aug 5 16:22:08 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have two dogs, a border collie mix named Raven who is six and a chow named Nanashi whose age I don't know.
I also have a lizard, a blue tongued skink named Tank who is almost two years old.

I also have two cats that don't live with me anymore. *sniffle* The last two members of my pride, orange tabbies named Alanna and Thom who I also call the Twins. They follow me into the woods and open gates for me if I ask nicely. They will be five years old this month.
Their brother, Jonathan, who is no longer with them, used to follow me everywhere, talking to me and crawling all over me. I miss him dreadfully.

Mouse

FN Posted: Fri Aug 5 16:48:21 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>Many animals are so domesticated that they cannot properly live/survive on their own.

Hence, they should have been left alone in the first place.

Kira Posted: Fri Aug 5 18:54:58 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Ahriman said:
>>Many animals are so domesticated that they cannot properly live/survive on their own.
>
>Hence, they should have been left alone in the first place.

And if 'should haves' were Nerf balls, I would always have something to throw at obnoxious Belgians.

I have two cats. Apollo, sibling of Jessie's cats, is mine by virtue of the fact that he won't have anything to do with anyone but me (he is officially a family cat). The other is Arisu. Both live with my parents because Jessie's dog is a cat-eater. :(

Also Molly, eight-year-old Border Collie, and a genius.

FN Posted: Fri Aug 5 20:38:32 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>And if 'should haves' were Nerf balls, I would always have something to throw at obnoxious Belgians.

Hey, you're just not woman enough to handle me baby.

*walks away shaking his ass*

Mouse Posted: Fri Aug 5 22:09:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ed said:
>I want a moogle.

I want a Ronso.

Mouse Posted: Fri Aug 5 22:10:49 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Kira said:
>>And if 'should haves' were Nerf balls, I would always have something to throw at obnoxious Belgians.
>
>Hey, you're just not woman enough to handle me baby.
>
>*walks away shaking his ass*

I dunno Chris, I think she could take you down. I know her, and I know people who fear her.
Kira has pretty damn good aim.

Posted: Sat Aug 6 02:50:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ed said:
>I want a moogle.

fuck yeah, moogles ;)
like, the ffxi moogles especially. ESPECIALLY.

Anyway, Max is my 9 year old shih tsu in my avatar. I heart him.

DanSRose Posted: Sat Aug 6 02:57:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I always wanted a cat. My parents weren't pet people. Fish don't count- you can't play with them.
Studies have shown pets are super useful as companions, keeping old and lonely people sane.

DaveHill Posted: Sat Aug 6 04:27:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You can't play LONG with fish, it's all in the details.
I had a cat that weighted 7kg. It didn't do much more than eat, sleep and snore all day long. Fantastic creature.

addi Posted: Sat Aug 6 07:51:46 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My father the doctor was a bit of an animal collector when I was still a wee lad, and he was still living in the house with us. At various times we had a skunk, several snakes, a fruit bat, a fox, an opossum, a racoon, and various birds that he would be trying to heal and release.

I now have a dog, 2 cats, and several pet peeves I live with.

Ed Posted: Sat Aug 6 16:40:54 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:
>I want a Ronso.

CriminalSaint said:
>fuck yeah, moogles ;)
>like, the ffxi moogles especially. ESPECIALLY.

Nerd-check!
; p

Of course, I say that as I listen to remixed Zelda tunes...

kurohyou Posted: Sun Aug 7 00:30:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>And if 'should haves' were Nerf balls, I would always have something to throw at obnoxious Belgians.

This made me laugh, I don't know why.

Not that it matters...

kurohyou Posted: Sun Aug 7 00:35:23 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>I now have a dog, 2 cats, and several pet peeves I live with.

Lets here it for the Pet peeves...

In my life time I have owned three dogs

A shepard Chow mix named Major. Old family dog who we had to put down about three months ago.

A Wolf/coyote mix of some sort who wandered into my yard one day and decided to stay for a little while. Named him Kodak

A white shepard who is currently living with my brother because i'm in an apartment and can't afford the pet deposit, named Rieka

We had two cats growing up, don't know what kinds. Names were Ruffy and Tuffy because they liked to try to fight with the dog.

We raised rabbits for a while and had, at one point 20 Rabbits or so. Names I recall were Minky, Peanut, and Midnight.

Not a big cat person now, though I think cats have an amazing personality. I tend though to perfer the cats that can eat dogs, specifically the black panther, my cat of choice.

For what its worth...

DanSRose Posted: Sun Aug 7 16:40:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DaveHill said:
>You can't play LONG with fish, it's all in the details.
That was soda out of the nose funny.

My cousin has the right idea. A cat and a dog. She adopted a kitten last year from a shelter and has had a copper coated retriever for a number of years.

choke Posted: Mon Aug 8 04:15:42 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Our family has a rabbit.. It has a brown eye and a blue eye, and a scar that runs over it's nose. It runs free on our back lawn because we have long since given up trying to get it back in its cage at night. It would kill any cat that attacked it anyway. Everytime you hang out the washing it rushes at your ankles and tries to tear up the sheets. Sometimes if she's feeling lonely she'll let me pat her, but sometimes she'll just run at you and maul your hand. She's fantastic :D

Ed Posted: Mon Aug 8 11:14:22 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>It would kill any cat that attacked it anyway. Everytime you hang out the washing it rushes at your ankles and tries to tear up the sheets. Sometimes if she's feeling lonely she'll let me pat her, but sometimes she'll just run at you and maul your hand.

Look at the bones!

mat_j Posted: Sun Aug 14 17:02:59 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have a miniature Yorkshire Terrier named Che, he is a good pal, hangs around my heels a lot and dislikes me writing until 3 AM. He thinks he's bigger than he is and is scared shitless by Remur my Auntie Pauline's cat.

Matthew Trow (aged 23)

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]