Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Hey yiz..
choke Posted: Sat Aug 27 21:03:00 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey guys how y'all goin.. I've been in Chicago for almost a month and I love it.. My host family is really rich and the school is really good, I love my teachers, although I can't get over the fact you're actually expected to do your homework. There's about 4000 students at this school compared to the 800 at home so I'm a little overwhelmed but it's still cool.

I don't really have a lot to do because I don't know anyone very well yet, so I miss my home a little bit but this will probably change once I start getting into it. Fingers crossed :P

Everything is big here, and y'all drive on the wrong side of the road you maniacs!! I've nearly been killed twice so next time you drive around keep an eye out for NZers looking the wrong way :

Hmm what can I say. The pizza and ice cream here is good but you fail slightly on the chocolate.. Never mind there's plenty of time for you americans to make it up to me.

Well nice to see yiz all are still alive and kicking.. Or maybe just kicking..

luv Tiff

Mesh Posted: Sat Aug 27 21:17:22 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey you, good to here from ya. Culture shock not to bad eh?

choke Posted: Sat Aug 27 22:21:50 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Culture shock isn't as bad for me because I speak english but it's definately there. I still can't understand what's going on because everyone talks too fast!!

And there are a few big differences but I'm slowly learning. I can't buy stuff yet though because I'm confused by the currency and I'm afraid of the people at the counter. And I can't bring myself to answer the phone. Or ring someone. It's just beyond me at the moment :P

addi Posted: Sat Aug 27 22:24:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>And I can't bring myself to answer the phone. Or ring someone. It's just beyond me at the moment :P

I feel the same way and I've lived here my whole life : )

Glad you're doing good, Choke

Ed Posted: Sat Aug 27 22:51:18 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>luv Tiff

well, alright, but just once...and don't tell anyone!

Kira Posted: Sat Aug 27 23:28:41 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yay, Choke! Welcome to the USA! Drive Safely!

Mesh Posted: Sat Aug 27 23:47:03 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
> And I can't bring myself to answer the phone. Or ring someone. It's just beyond me at the moment :P
>
>

Amen to that.

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Aug 28 00:08:26 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>And there are a few big differences but I'm slowly learning. I can't buy stuff yet though because I'm confused by the currency and I'm afraid of the people at the counter. >
Yeah, I'm afraid of everyone at the counters too.

beetlebum Posted: Sun Aug 28 05:15:38 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm glad you like it. I as an exchange student once, and you're right, it does take time to make friends and adjust. It sounds like you have a wicked attitude about it all, tho, which is the best way to be. Good luck!

beetlebum Posted: Sun Aug 28 05:17:52 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And also, I worked at a cafe with some awesome/fun/outrageous kiwis, and whenever they were feeling homesick they would put on their favourite kiwi radio station- you can listen to it over the internet. Might be a stupid thing to say, but I thought I'd throw that out there if you're ever missing home. :o)

choke Posted: Sun Nov 27 12:37:06 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>And also, I worked at a cafe with some awesome/fun/outrageous kiwis, and whenever they were feeling homesick they would put on their favourite kiwi radio station- you can listen to it over the internet. Might be a stupid thing to say, but I thought I'd throw that out there if you're ever missing home. :o)

Thanks :D I started listening to The Rock (best NZ station EVER) when I'm online and NZ accents sound so funny now tehee.

beetlebum Posted: Sun Nov 27 12:46:56 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>beetlebum said:
>>And also, I worked at a cafe with some awesome/fun/outrageous kiwis, and whenever they were feeling homesick they would put on their favourite kiwi radio station- you can listen to it over the internet. Might be a stupid thing to say, but I thought I'd throw that out there if you're ever missing home. :o)
>
>Thanks :D I started listening to The Rock (best NZ station EVER) when I'm online and NZ accents sound so funny now tehee.

Dude, I find the same thing with American accents! I heard a lady tell her kids that they should get a drink at Starbucks, and to me, it sounded like Staarrrrrrbucks. Which was weird. Anyway.

choke Posted: Sun Nov 27 14:16:31 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:

>
>Dude, I find the same thing with American accents! I heard a lady tell her kids that they should get a drink at Starbucks, and to me, it sounded like Staarrrrrrbucks. Which was weird. Anyway.

See I used to as well, when I first got here I'd make fun of everyone, because they were all like cooELLL... or tiYERRRed.. But now I sound more like that and NZers seem to flick off the ends of their words :P

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]