Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To
 

Katrina
Zacq Posted: Sun Aug 28 18:41:32 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Someone'll start it, I might as well.


They're saying the hurricane would be category six if they didn't only have five categories.


 
Mesh Posted: Sun Aug 28 20:15:31 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Taken from the weather.noaa.gov website.



MOST OF THE AREA WILL BE UNINHABITABLE FOR WEEKS...PERHAPS LONGER. AT
LEAST ONE HALF OF WELL CONSTRUCTED HOMES WILL HAVE ROOF AND WALL
FAILURE. ALL GABLED ROOFS WILL FAIL...LEAVING THOSE HOMES SEVERELY
DAMAGED OR DESTROYED.

THE MAJORITY OF INDUSTRIAL BUILDINGS WILL BECOME NON FUNCTIONAL.
PARTIAL TO COMPLETE WALL AND ROOF FAILURE IS EXPECTED. ALL WOOD
FRAMED LOW RISING APARTMENT BUILDINGS WILL BE DESTROYED. CONCRETE
BLOCK LOW RISE APARTMENTS WILL SUSTAIN MAJOR DAMAGE...INCLUDING SOME
WALL AND ROOF FAILURE.

HIGH RISE OFFICE AND APARTMENT BUILDINGS WILL SWAY DANGEROUSLY...A
FEW TO THE POINT OF TOTAL COLLAPSE. ALL WINDOWS WILL BLOW OUT.

AIRBORNE DEBRIS WILL BE WIDESPREAD...AND MAY INCLUDE HEAVY ITEMS SUCH
AS HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES AND EVEN LIGHT VEHICLES. SPORT UTILITY
VEHICLES AND LIGHT TRUCKS WILL BE MOVED. THE BLOWN DEBRIS WILL CREATE
ADDITIONAL DESTRUCTION. PERSONS...PETS...AND LIVESTOCK EXPOSED TO THE
WINDS WILL FACE CERTAIN DEATH IF STRUCK.

POWER OUTAGES WILL LAST FOR WEEKS...AS MOST POWER POLES WILL BE DOWN
AND TRANSFORMERS DESTROYED. WATER SHORTAGES WILL MAKE HUMAN SUFFERING
INCREDIBLE BY MODERN STANDARDS.

THE VAST MAJORITY OF NATIVE TREES WILL BE SNAPPED OR UPROOTED. ONLY
THE HEARTIEST WILL REMAIN STANDING...BUT BE TOTALLY DEFOLIATED. FEW
CROPS WILL REMAIN. LIVESTOCK LEFT EXPOSED TO THE WINDS WILL BE
KILLED.

AN INLAND HURRICANE WIND WATCH IS ISSUED WHEN SUSTAINED WINDS NEAR
HURRICANE FORCE...OR FREQUENT GUSTS AT OR ABOVE HURRICANE FORCE...ARE
POSSIBLE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 TO 36 HOURS.



 
DanSRose Posted: Mon Aug 29 10:36:02 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Right now, the edge of her is hitting New Orleans, with "total structual failure" in parts of the city.


 
Kira Posted: Mon Aug 29 12:28:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I know someone who was living there. Total pain in the ass. I hope he got out okay...


 
Mouse Posted: Mon Aug 29 13:09:19 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My Dad's family hails from that area, but I don't think anyone is living there anymore. At least not any close relatives.

Mouse


 
Aeon Posted: Mon Aug 29 14:34:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Meshuggah said:
>Taken from the weather.noaa.gov website.
>
>
>
>MOST OF THE AREA WILL BE UNINHABITABLE FOR WEEKS...PERHAPS LONGER. AT
>LEAST ONE HALF OF WELL CONSTRUCTED HOMES WILL HAVE ROOF AND WALL
>FAILURE. ALL GABLED ROOFS WILL FAIL...LEAVING THOSE HOMES SEVERELY
>DAMAGED OR DESTROYED.
>
>THE MAJORITY OF INDUSTRIAL BUILDINGS WILL BECOME NON FUNCTIONAL.
>PARTIAL TO COMPLETE WALL AND ROOF FAILURE IS EXPECTED. ALL WOOD
>FRAMED LOW RISING APARTMENT BUILDINGS WILL BE DESTROYED. CONCRETE
>BLOCK LOW RISE APARTMENTS WILL SUSTAIN MAJOR DAMAGE...INCLUDING SOME
>WALL AND ROOF FAILURE.
>
>HIGH RISE OFFICE AND APARTMENT BUILDINGS WILL SWAY DANGEROUSLY...A
>FEW TO THE POINT OF TOTAL COLLAPSE. ALL WINDOWS WILL BLOW OUT.
>
>AIRBORNE DEBRIS WILL BE WIDESPREAD...AND MAY INCLUDE HEAVY ITEMS SUCH
>AS HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES AND EVEN LIGHT VEHICLES. SPORT UTILITY
>VEHICLES AND LIGHT TRUCKS WILL BE MOVED. THE BLOWN DEBRIS WILL CREATE
>ADDITIONAL DESTRUCTION. PERSONS...PETS...AND LIVESTOCK EXPOSED TO THE
>WINDS WILL FACE CERTAIN DEATH IF STRUCK.
>
>POWER OUTAGES WILL LAST FOR WEEKS...AS MOST POWER POLES WILL BE DOWN
>AND TRANSFORMERS DESTROYED. WATER SHORTAGES WILL MAKE HUMAN SUFFERING
>INCREDIBLE BY MODERN STANDARDS.
>
>THE VAST MAJORITY OF NATIVE TREES WILL BE SNAPPED OR UPROOTED. ONLY
>THE HEARTIEST WILL REMAIN STANDING...BUT BE TOTALLY DEFOLIATED. FEW
>CROPS WILL REMAIN. LIVESTOCK LEFT EXPOSED TO THE WINDS WILL BE
>KILLED.
>
>AN INLAND HURRICANE WIND WATCH IS ISSUED WHEN SUSTAINED WINDS NEAR
>HURRICANE FORCE...OR FREQUENT GUSTS AT OR ABOVE HURRICANE FORCE...ARE
>POSSIBLE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 TO 36 HOURS.
>

That seems like a Doomsday Prophecy.


 
Mesh Posted: Mon Aug 29 14:36:08 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I thought it was a tad extreme, myself.


How is it going Aeon?


 
Ed Posted: Mon Aug 29 19:13:16 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aeon said:
>That seems like a Doomsday Prophecy.

It's just the caps
;)


 
Aeon Posted: Mon Aug 29 22:33:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Meshuggah said:
>I thought it was a tad extreme, myself.
>
>
>How is it going Aeon?

It goes. I've been lurking for a while now. Going to college. I'll try and post more.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed Aug 31 14:50:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aeon said:
>Meshuggah said:
>>Taken from the weather.noaa.gov website.
>>
>>
>>
>>MOST OF THE AREA WILL BE UNINHABITABLE FOR WEEKS...PERHAPS LONGER. AT
>>LEAST ONE HALF OF WELL CONSTRUCTED HOMES WILL HAVE ROOF AND WALL
>>FAILURE. ALL GABLED ROOFS WILL FAIL...LEAVING THOSE HOMES SEVERELY
>>DAMAGED OR DESTROYED.
>>
>>THE MAJORITY OF INDUSTRIAL BUILDINGS WILL BECOME NON FUNCTIONAL.
>>PARTIAL TO COMPLETE WALL AND ROOF FAILURE IS EXPECTED. ALL WOOD
>>FRAMED LOW RISING APARTMENT BUILDINGS WILL BE DESTROYED. CONCRETE
>>BLOCK LOW RISE APARTMENTS WILL SUSTAIN MAJOR DAMAGE...INCLUDING SOME
>>WALL AND ROOF FAILURE.
>>
>>HIGH RISE OFFICE AND APARTMENT BUILDINGS WILL SWAY DANGEROUSLY...A
>>FEW TO THE POINT OF TOTAL COLLAPSE. ALL WINDOWS WILL BLOW OUT.
>>
>>AIRBORNE DEBRIS WILL BE WIDESPREAD...AND MAY INCLUDE HEAVY ITEMS SUCH
>>AS HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES AND EVEN LIGHT VEHICLES. SPORT UTILITY
>>VEHICLES AND LIGHT TRUCKS WILL BE MOVED. THE BLOWN DEBRIS WILL CREATE
>>ADDITIONAL DESTRUCTION. PERSONS...PETS...AND LIVESTOCK EXPOSED TO THE
>>WINDS WILL FACE CERTAIN DEATH IF STRUCK.
>>
>>POWER OUTAGES WILL LAST FOR WEEKS...AS MOST POWER POLES WILL BE DOWN
>>AND TRANSFORMERS DESTROYED. WATER SHORTAGES WILL MAKE HUMAN SUFFERING
>>INCREDIBLE BY MODERN STANDARDS.
>>
>>THE VAST MAJORITY OF NATIVE TREES WILL BE SNAPPED OR UPROOTED. ONLY
>>THE HEARTIEST WILL REMAIN STANDING...BUT BE TOTALLY DEFOLIATED. FEW
>>CROPS WILL REMAIN. LIVESTOCK LEFT EXPOSED TO THE WINDS WILL BE
>>KILLED.
>>
>>AN INLAND HURRICANE WIND WATCH IS ISSUED WHEN SUSTAINED WINDS NEAR
>>HURRICANE FORCE...OR FREQUENT GUSTS AT OR ABOVE HURRICANE FORCE...ARE
>>POSSIBLE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 TO 36 HOURS.
>>
>
>That seems like a Doomsday Prophecy.
>
Looks like they were right.



 
Mesh Posted: Wed Aug 31 15:32:52 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The death toll will probably go up in the next few weeks due to disease.

Probably? I'd say definately.


 
Mesh Posted: Wed Aug 31 15:45:04 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Who did the song "Walking On Sunshine"?


 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed Aug 31 16:25:21 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Meshuggah said:
>Who did the song "Walking On Sunshine"?
>
Katrina and the Waves


 
Mesh Posted: Wed Aug 31 16:34:54 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Meshuggah said:
>>Who did the song "Walking On Sunshine"?
>>
>Katrina and the Waves


Highly innapropriate they should name the hurrican Katrina.


And I hope addi and other GTers in the south are doing ok.

How much do you see out of it there in Kentucky, hif?


 
ifihadahif Posted: Fri Sep 2 10:33:18 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Meshuggah said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>Meshuggah said:
>>>Who did the song "Walking On Sunshine"?
>>>
>>Katrina and the Waves
>
>
>Highly innapropriate they should name the hurrican Katrina.
>
>
>And I hope addi and other GTers in the south are doing ok.
>
>How much do you see out of it there in Kentucky, hif?
>
Not too much, we got about 5 inches of rain and a few wind gusts, not enough to damage anything, though the ground is really soggy. We needed the rain anyway.

I really feel for those poor souls in and around New Orleans, it's still gonna get worse before it gets better.

Kudos to Texas for taking in all those refugees and making sure the kids are able to get to school.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Fri Sep 2 12:40:40 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Interesting . . .

Katrina Kicks Up Storm of Global Warming Debate

Thursday, September 01, 2005

By Steven Milloy

No sooner had Hurricane Katrina moved inland to spawn tornadoes, flooding, misery and tragedy than it – or rather global warming alarmists and some in the media – began spawning junk science.

“The hurricane that struck Louisiana yesterday was nicknamed Katrina by the National Weather Service. Its real name is global warming,” opened long-time alarmist Ross Gelbspan’s op-ed in the Boston Globe (Aug. 30).

Gelbspan also blamed global warming for snow in Los Angeles, high winds in Scandinavia, drought in the Midwest, a heat wave in Arizona, heavy rainfall in India and an ice storm in New England.

Gelbspan offered no scientific argument to back up his assertions. He instead blamed the media for “according the same weight to a handful of global warming skeptics that is accorded to the findings of the [United Nations].”

Environmentalist Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. blamed Mississsippi’s Gov. Haley Barbour for “derailing the Kyoto Protocol and kiboshing President Bush’s iron-clad promise to regulate carbon dioxide.”

“Now we are all learning what it’s like to reap the whirlwind of fossil fuel dependence which Barbour and his cronies have encouraged…Katrina is giving our nation a glimpse of the climate chaos we are bequeathing our children,” wrote Kennedy on Huffington Post (Aug. 29).

Kennedy at least did try to offer some scientific argument – a recent paper by MIT research Kerry Emanuel, claiming that hurricanes have intensified by 50 percent since the 1970s. But leading hurricane forecaster Dr. William Gray of Colorado State University told the Boston Globe that Emanuel’s claims aren’t based on any direct measurements of hurricane winds and described the study as “a terrible paper, one of the worst I've ever looked at.”

Agence France Presse (AFP) was slightly fairer than Gelbspan and Kennedy in its article entitled, “Brace for more Katrina, say experts” (Aug. 30), which opened, “For all its numbing ferocity, Hurricane Katrina will not be a unique event, say scientists, who say that global warming appears to be pumping up the power of big Atlantic storms.”

AFP tried to balance its mostly alarmist article with a couple of quotes from Patrick Galois of the French weather service: “Atlantic cyclones have been increasing in numbers since 1995, but one can’t say with certainty that there is a link to global warming” and “There have been other high-frequency periods for storms, such as in the 1950s and 1960s, and it could be that what we are seeing now is simply part of a cycle, with highs and lows.”

A Baltimore Sun editorial (Aug. 30), however, was in no mood for questions about Katrina’s cause: “Such warmer waters fuel the formation and ferocity of hurricanes. Warmer oceans are an inseparable by-product of global warming, and it’s foolish to ignore the link to the burning of fossil fuels.”

The Sun’s editors didn’t explain how they know what’s “foolish” or not with respect to any potential link between fossil fuels and hurricanes – fortunately, other major dailies weren’t quite so smug.

“Katrina Hits the Gulf Coast: Storms Turns Focus to Global Warming; Though some scientists connect the growing severity of hurricanes to climate change, most insist that there’s not enough proof,” headlined the Los Angeles Times (Aug. 30) – and the rest of the article was similarly balanced.

Though the Times quoted Munich Re, the world’s largest insurer of insurance companies, as saying, “global warming was at least partly responsible for the rise in worldwide insurance losses over the last 50 years, including the $114.5 billion in losses last year, the second highest total ever,” it also offered rebuttal from University of Colorado science professor Roger Pielke, who “attributed the losses to a simpler cause: more people living in harm’s way in areas such as Florida and Louisiana.”

A most welcome surprise was New York Times’ coverage headlined, “Storms Vary With Cycles, Experts Say” (Aug. 30). The Times interviewed Colorado State’s Dr. Gray who pointed out that from 1995 to 2003, 32 major hurricanes with sustained winds of 111 miles per hour or greater formed in the Atlantic. Only 1 in 10 of those hurricanes struck the U.S. at full strength – historically the rate has been 1 in 3. Then last year three of six (1 in 2) major hurricanes hit the U.S.

Dr. Gray attributed last year’s activity to chance. “We were very lucky in that eight-year period, and the luck just ran out,” he told the Times.

The non-alarmist coverage by the Los Angeles Times and New York Times contrasted with that of the Washington Post, which only presented the views of researchers willing to link extreme weather and Katrina with global warming.

“There’s a clear signature of global warming in [Katrina]. While it’s not the dominant factor, in some things it becomes the straw that breaks the camel’s back,” said Kevin Trenberth of the non-profit National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) to the Post.

The Post didn’t say what the alleged “clear signature” was – or that fact that NCAR is institutionally committed to global warming alarmism.

Among all the bloviating about global warming and Katrina came this gem of situational awareness from Miami Herald columnist Glen Garvin: “The hurricane nerds can argue about whether it’s due to global warming or God’s wrath at the retirement of Dan Marino. All I know is that we have more of these damn things every year, and they are beginning to seem less like apocalyptic events and more like a routine annoyance of South Florida life…”

While Hurricane Katrina was very bad weather, that is a very long way from causally linking her with human activity. Global warmers may dispute that, but they’ll need more than naked assertions and junk science to make a case.


Steven Milloy publishes JunkScience.com and CSRwatch.com, is adjunct scholar at the Competitive Enterprise Institute, and is the author of Junk Science Judo: Self-defense Against Health Scares and Scams (Cato Institute, 2001).




 
addi Posted: Fri Sep 2 16:53:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Leave it to you, hif, to turn a thread about the tragedy of Katrina into an attack on environmentalists and global warming. No one can ever accuse you of not being consistant....and persistant.


 
kurohyou Posted: Sat Sep 3 00:14:04 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have cut back on reading about it because I got to the point where I felt so depressed and helpless it was getting hard for me to function if I kept looking for updates all the time.

The whole thing is beyond my scope of comprension truthfully. I can't imagine the logistics behind evacuating an entire city that size and in those conditions. Nor can I comprehend the despair which must be overwhelming those people is what appears to be a seemingly hopeless situation.

I find it hard for me to complian about my life when compared to those who suffer so much greater than I do. And I find it very difficult to deal with those who want complain about their lives in the light of the same things that I'm seeing, that we all are seeing.

Maybe I just view things diffrently. I don't really know. What I do know is that it is very saddening to see.

For what it's worth...


 
Mesh Posted: Sat Sep 3 04:25:23 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>
>
>I find it hard for me to complian about my life when compared to those who suffer so much greater than I do. And I find it very difficult to deal with those who want complain about their lives in the light of the same things that I'm seeing, that we all are seeing.
>
>



Respect+++++


Not that I didn't already respect you.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Sat Sep 3 08:38:43 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Leave it to you, hif, to turn a thread about the tragedy of Katrina into an attack on environmentalists and global warming. No one can ever accuse you of not being consistant....and persistant.
>
Leave it to you Addie to whine and complain. There was never much in this thread about the tragedy that has occurred, maybe you should scroll up to see what this thread was really about.
There are very few discussions of a serious nature on GT these days anyway.
If I didn't cut and paste my political stuff once in awhile there would be thread after thread of Gt'ers complaining about how dead it is in here.


 
addi Posted: Sat Sep 3 10:53:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Leave it to you Addie to whine and complain.

Whine? No. Complain? You have me there.

I'm not around that much these days, but you can expect to get blunt responses from me now and then when you post propaganda shit posing as truth here. Especially when the main topic is dealing with thousands of homeless poverty stricken people in dire straights.
As I said a few weeks ago, the absolute truth about global warming may still be in question, but the fact that we know beyond a doubt that the polluntants we are putting in our environment and air are having a negative affect on our health and the environments ability to sustain itself is reason enough to support strong legislation and controls on the businesses spewing forth all the toxins. Instead this president is doing what he can to weaken the EPA, and the previous clean air policies passed to cut down on pollution.
And all of this has little to do with the present tragedy of Katrina.

>maybe you should scroll up to see what this thread was really about.

I reread every post. Perhaps the ones dealing with global warming and the lies spread by all those lunatic environmental scientists are invisible on my computer.

The ignorance of conservative right wing republicans is no longer something I can shrug my shoulders at and pretend isn't there. You and your cohorts are dangerously ignorant...on foreign policy matters as well as environmental issues.
If it's bad form to personally attack you, then I'm guilty of bad form. I'll just have to live with that.




 
ifihadahif Posted: Sat Sep 3 11:55:33 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>>The ignorance of conservative right wing republicans is no longer something I can shrug my shoulders at and pretend isn't there. You and your cohorts are dangerously ignorant...on foreign policy matters as well as environmental issues.
>If it's bad form to personally attack you, then I'm guilty of bad form. I'll just have to live with that.
>
The problem is that I feel much the same way about the liberal left and truth be told, neither one of us is stupid, albeit I'm sure you think I am.
At least I am enlightened enough to see that there are very intelligent and thinking people on both sides of center.
You however, are not.
It's the ones that are far left and far right that are the trouble makers as far as I'm concerned.
As I watch the suffering in New Orleans, I just get so pissed off at those who try to make this a racial thing or a political thing. Too much energy is being used up to place blame, when the same energy could be used to help.
Last night, I watched Bill O'reilly's coverage of Katrina. He and Sheperd Smith and Geraldo Rivera were running live without commercials trying to get help where it was needed, I flipped over to MSNBC and there was some political hack trying to explain how this tragedy is Bush's fault.
This isn't Bush's fault, this isn't anyone's fault. It was a fucking hurricane. They happen. Again and again.
The only fault was bad planning for those who didn't leave.
Last year Bush was taken to task over the Florida hurricanes, they said he responded much too quickly, trying to curry favor with Florida voters. How fucking stupid is that ?


 
Zacq Posted: Sat Sep 3 17:55:59 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Last night, I watched Bill O'reilly's coverage of Katrina. He and Sheperd Smith and Geraldo Rivera were running live without commercials trying to get help where it was needed,

If they skipped commercials, did they not get the money from their sponsors for those commercial spots? If so, was the gain from skipping commericals worth more than if they'd just donated that money instead?

And no I'm not attacking Bill O'Reilly, I's is just saying.


 
jennemmer Posted: Sat Sep 3 19:09:12 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Doing my small part ot help a friend do a much much larger one...

My sleeping bag is currently in all of the chaos down south. I have a friend who is a trained parametic who has taken off to help with the relief efforts. I think she is being stationed in one of the places they are taking the evacuees. She only found out she was leaving a few hours before she would have to catch the plane and didn't have one.

I wish all the best to her and everyone else... there is much work yet to be done.

(Sometimes I have the overwhelming urge to tell those damn news helicopters to stop circling over head video taping signs for help and actually help. Fly to the nearest town or city and carry water bottles and basic necessities instead or something...)


 
FN Posted: Sat Sep 3 21:42:44 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  What strikes me is that you hardly see any white people on the images.

What's up with that? It's like that whole state is black?


 
kurohyou Posted: Sat Sep 3 22:37:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>What strikes me is that you hardly see any white people on the images.
>
>What's up with that? It's like that whole state is black?

While I have nothing to prove this catagorically, I have heard that a lot of those who were unable to seek shelter before the storm were a lot of the people from poorer communties who either didn't have a way to leave, or who, for whatever reason didn't leave.

But as I said I didn't read that directly somewhere, I heard it second hand from someone at work.

And thanks Mesh...

For what it's worth...


 
libra Posted: Sat Sep 3 22:37:51 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>What strikes me is that you hardly see any white people on the images.
>
>What's up with that? It's like that whole state is black?

a lot of the people who didn't have the financial means to leave the area are minorities...making this look like a race issue when it is more of a socio-economic issue(like the LA riots).


 
beetlebum Posted: Sun Sep 4 03:17:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>Christophe said:
>>What strikes me is that you hardly see any white people on the images.
>>
>>What's up with that? It's like that whole state is black?
>
>a lot of the people who didn't have the financial means to leave the area are minorities...making this look like a race issue when it is more of a socio-economic issue(like the LA riots).

I'm glad somebody finally said that. Overseas news is ridiculous. Even the BBC has insinuated that "Bush forgot the black people." No, how about he forgot the poor people. That's no better, but using race as a talking point grows frustrating.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Sun Sep 4 09:29:01 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  New Orleans is 68% black.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Sun Sep 4 09:31:52 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>libra said:
>>Christophe said:
>>>What strikes me is that you hardly see any white people on the images.
>>>
>>>What's up with that? It's like that whole state is black?
>>
>>a lot of the people who didn't have the financial means to leave the area are minorities...making this look like a race issue when it is more of a socio-economic issue(like the LA riots).
>
Yah, and Kanye West is a dumbass. . . . .Can I get an amen ?


>I'm glad somebody finally said that. Overseas news is ridiculous. Even the BBC has insinuated that "Bush forgot the black people." No, how about he forgot the poor people. That's no better, but using race as a talking point grows frustrating.


 
FN Posted: Sun Sep 4 11:27:50 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Yah, and Kanye West is a dumbass. . . . .Can I get an amen ?

amen.


68% black... I thought it was bad over here lol


 
ifihadahif Posted: Sun Sep 4 11:38:01 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>Yah, and Kanye West is a dumbass. . . . .Can I get an amen ?
>
>amen.
>
>
>68% black... I thought it was bad over here lol
>
I don't really see that as a bad thing.
In the American South, the races get along pretty good compared to the rest of the country. They would probably get along a helluva lot better if guys like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton didn't exist. Martin Luther King was a great man. The guys that have replaced him are lower than pond scum.


 



[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]