Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Best Place to migrate to
CorDrine Posted: Wed Sep 14 04:33:36 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Am getting kinda sick with the working hours I have here in Singapore, as well as the unhealthy working hours here. Was wondering, if I were to migrate, which country would be best? Any suggestion?

Just to get an idea of what I mean, I read in a magazine that in Germany, people get off work at 5pm sharp with no pressure to do overtime.

In Qatar, they work from 8am - 12noon, take a break, and then continue from 4pm - 8pm.

In Singapore, somehow I ended up working 8:30am - 9:30pm whole of last week :(

Please! Find me a Best-O-Place to escape to!

p/s: most singaporean migrate to Perth. They even made a movie out of it, haven't seen it yet. Gonna go there next month to check out ozzyland!

addi Posted: Wed Sep 14 07:19:59 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have relatives in Germany, and while they have great job benefits compared to the average U.S. worker (my "cousin" gets five paid weeks off a year),I know that many of those long standing workers benefits are shrinking due to the high cost of keeping them in place. I know she also has to work some very long hours as well.
I think there are SO many great places on this planet to migrate to if you have the means. If it weren't for family ties keeping me here I can think of ten places off the top of my head that I'd love to move to. It's easier to name places that you shouldn't migrate to now, like Iraq for example. I hear the wine selection at most resturants sucks right now.

FN Posted: Wed Sep 14 07:37:52 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Don't come here.

The reason why the great job benefits are going down the drain is because of all the immigrants.

I say go to Australia or something.

addi Posted: Wed Sep 14 08:08:51 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Don't come here.

LOL!

That's it. I'm moving to your neighborhood just to piss you off. What's more, I'll do really irritating things like come over at 2 AM and wake you up just to ask you questions like "What's the difference between Holland and the Netherlands, Christophe? Hmm?"...and "Do you have a cup of flour? I'm making Belgian waffles."

This guy is really irritating me!

: )

DanSRose Posted: Wed Sep 14 12:32:43 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Leave little notes on his door:
MAYO SUCKS; KETCHUP ALL THE WAY
What's with your funny accent?
That's not football!
Soccer sucks

FN Posted: Wed Sep 14 14:35:49 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>MAYO SUCKS; KETCHUP ALL THE WAY

Meh. Opinions vary. I'm a mayo-man.

>What's with your funny accent?

It's only one of my many charming assets.

>That's not football!
>Soccer sucks

I don't care about any sport unless I'm the one playing it.

Aeon Posted: Wed Sep 14 14:57:32 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>DanSRose said:
>>MAYO SUCKS; KETCHUP ALL THE WAY
>
>Meh. Opinions vary. I'm a mayo-man.
>
>>What's with your funny accent?
>
>It's only one of my many charming assets.
>
>>That's not football!
>>Soccer sucks
>
>I don't care about any sport unless I'm the one playing it.

Or you could leave the notes: BELGIUM DOESN'T EXIST!

I like my fries French

Pancakes are better.

Posted: Wed Sep 14 15:09:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  come to Canada, the land where gravy and cheese curds on french fries is considered a delicacy.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Sep 14 15:13:42 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>come to Canada, the land where gravy and cheese curds on french fries is considered a delicacy.
>
Ick !

curds on fries is just wrong !

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Sep 14 15:14:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Come to Kentucky, all the bourbon in the world is made right here.

jennemmer Posted: Wed Sep 14 15:14:49 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>CriminalSaint said:
>>come to Canada, the land where gravy and cheese curds on french fries is considered a delicacy.
>>
>Ick !
>
>curds on fries is just wrong !

But so tasty...

FN Posted: Wed Sep 14 16:47:39 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Actually, "french" refers to the way of preparing them. It is "frenched" fries, not french.

Also:

http://zapatopi.net/belgium/

For some reason when I open it using firefox I get a page saying Belgium does exist, but when opening it with EI I get the one saying it doesn't exist.

FN Posted: Wed Sep 14 16:54:21 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.belgianfries.com/

So there.

sweet p Posted: Wed Sep 14 17:24:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>curds on fries is just wrong !

Oh no you di-in't.

zander83 Posted: Wed Sep 14 20:11:55 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I agree and I'm from canada...

"poutine" as it is called is more disgusting then anything else... so greasy... i can't eat it... but everyone else in canada loves it...

depending on your job the US might not be for you... i do on avergae 7:30 AM to about 6:30 PM everyday...

canada had better hours... I did 8:30 to 17:30

Dancer Posted: Thu Sep 15 02:11:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  everybody is talking about new zealand...

i think so too.

addi Posted: Thu Sep 15 07:12:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Dancer said:
>everybody is talking about new zealand...

because there's Hobbitsez living there...and Choke, after she finishes ravaging Chicagotown here.

My son will be studying there next year in Auckland on an overseas study program through his college. I hope I get a chance to visit...I hope...I hope

marsi Posted: Fri Sep 16 12:10:06 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  After reading this article about my hometown
http://travel.guardian.co.uk/cities/story/0,7450,1566468,00.html
I decided that I'm not going anywhere.

Mesh Posted: Fri Sep 16 21:23:32 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweden or Finland,definately. Probably Sweden most though.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Sep 16 22:41:59 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I was thinking Borneo.
You don't really have to wait very long for your table at the local eatery.

choke Posted: Sat Sep 17 00:42:01 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Dancer said:
>>everybody is talking about new zealand...
>
>because there's Hobbitsez living there...and Choke, after she finishes ravaging Chicagotown here.
>
>My son will be studying there next year in Auckland on an overseas study program through his college. I hope I get a chance to visit...I hope...I hope

Tell me if he visits Taupo.. I'll hook him up with all the bad influences I know :D

choke Posted: Sat Sep 17 00:46:12 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Don't come here.
>
>The reason why the great job benefits are going down the drain is because of all the immigrants.
>
>I say go to Australia or something.

I think I'm probably going to travel Europe once I'm done here and finished school in NZ.. I've met heaps of people from Belgium, Germany and places round there on my orientations and it sounds brilliant. So "dont come here" doesn't really have much of an effect personally :p

antartica Posted: Sat Sep 17 22:05:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yea... i know what you mean Dancer... i was even thinking of moving to Malaysia, life's nearly the same, food is better and cost of living is so much better than Dingapore

antartica Posted: Sat Sep 17 23:33:39 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  do'h!
i meant CorDrine

Mesh Posted: Sat Sep 17 23:58:52 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>yea... i know what you mean Dancer... i was even thinking of moving to Malaysia, life's nearly the same, food is better and cost of living is so much better than Dingapore
>
>

I hope this isn't the last we here from Ant, now.

PS. I still say Sweden of Finland.

CorDrine Posted: Sun Sep 18 00:13:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>do'h!
>i meant CorDrine

Yeah, Malaysia is not a bad place to stay, just that, the crime rates are high, branded good are expensive, salary is a lot lower then in Dingapore, and you need to save up for your kid's education if you want them to get them into a decent university. Might retire back to Penang when I am done here :) But at the moment, cooler country like Ozzy still looks good.

supergrass Posted: Sun Sep 18 01:51:11 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  rostov, russia

cold, cold, its cheap, cold, intelligent atractive major league ladies, more cold

(if you have good contacts: diamorphine)

antartica Posted: Sun Sep 18 23:08:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CorDrine said:
>Yeah, Malaysia is not a bad place to stay, just that, the crime rates are high, branded good are expensive, salary is a lot lower then in Dingapore, and you need to save up for your kid's education if you want them to get them into a decent university. Might retire back to Penang when I am done here :) But at the moment, cooler country like Ozzy still looks good.
>
>

nah... i'd never work in Malaysia, i meant work overseas,,, earn the US$$$ and get back to spend em as Ringgit... hehhehheh..... get 3 ringgit for very dollar i earn...

addi Posted: Mon Sep 19 06:59:28 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>Tell me if he visits Taupo.. I'll hook him up with all the bad influences I know :D

No way, Tiffmeister! I want to keep him far away from you and all your hooligan friends. You Taupoians would lead him down the path of riding small motorcycles and smoking the crack cocaine..not to mention introducing him to the deviant sinful pleasures of kinky sex with plinkers. He's a righteous dude you know.

choke Posted: Mon Sep 19 17:54:40 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>choke said:
>
>>Tell me if he visits Taupo.. I'll hook him up with all the bad influences I know :D
>
>No way, Tiffmeister! I want to keep him far away from you and all your hooligan friends. You Taupoians would lead him down the path of riding small motorcycles and smoking the crack cocaine..not to mention introducing him to the deviant sinful pleasures of kinky sex with plinkers. He's a righteous dude you know.
>
>: )

Lmao.. We do not ride small motorcycles :p And cocaine isn't really that big in NZ.

But if he's righteous... Hmm. I'm sure we could devise a righteous social activity?

..We'd be nice I promise :p

antartica Posted: Wed Sep 21 21:21:46 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>I was thinking Borneo.
>You don't really have to wait very long for your table at the local eatery.

y'know... i was born in borneo (sarawak), folks decided to move to Dingapore when i was too young to refuse... heh...

addi Posted: Wed Sep 21 22:11:41 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>Lmao.. We do not ride small motorcycles :p And cocaine isn't really that big in NZ.

Big motorcycles and small cocaine then.

>But if he's righteous... Hmm. I'm sure we could devise a righteous social activity?

Rollerskating maybe...rollerskating to organ hymns where your hips wouldn't have to move to and fro would be acceptable.

choke Posted: Thu Sep 22 22:26:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>Rollerskating maybe...rollerskating to organ hymns where your hips wouldn't have to move to and fro would be acceptable.
>

I can work with that.. Except we don't really rollerskate either. Main method of transport is walking.. Can't say I've ever been to an organ hymn but I'm sure it could be arranged, how hard can learning the organ be?!

And I don't move my hips to and fro. That's unladylike.

addi Posted: Fri Sep 23 06:01:32 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>how hard can learning the organ be?!

LOL!
Hmm..learning to play any kind of organ, takes practice and dedication. I'm sure you have the skills to pull it off.

"Addi!"

>And I don't move my hips to and fro. That's unladylike.

Well that's comforting to know. My faith is restored in NZ plinkers.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Sep 23 06:49:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
how hard can learning the organ be?!
>
Depending on which organ you're talking about, I would seriously consider using a condom.
:-)

choke Posted: Fri Sep 23 16:11:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>choke said:
> how hard can learning the organ be?!
>>
>Depending on which organ you're talking about, I would seriously consider using a condom.
>:-)

I was thinking along the lines of a church organ but if you really think a condom would help.. Curious as to where to put it?

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Sep 23 16:13:34 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>choke said:
>> how hard can learning the organ be?!
>>>
>>Depending on which organ you're talking about, I would seriously consider using a condom.
>>:-)
>
>I was thinking along the lines of a church organ but if you really think a condom would help.. Curious as to where to put it?
>
you put it on the organ silly:-)

It would appear that my train of thought travels along different tracks than yours.
Any chance I could corrupt you ?

Is America different than you imagined ?

choke Posted: Fri Sep 23 22:36:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>>
>you put it on the organ silly:-)
>
>It would appear that my train of thought travels along different tracks than yours.
>Any chance I could corrupt you ?
>
>Is America different than you imagined ?

Well you could try corrupt me, but I don't know how successful you'd be. But by all means, do your best :)

America is a lot different than I imagined. I didn't think there'd be grass.

No to be honest I didn't actually think about America at all. I applied on a spur of the moment, filled out all the paperwork not actually beleiving it would go through, and boarded the airoplane treating it as a week long vacation. When it hit me after a month that I was still here, still part of my host family, still at the same school, I realized I so wasn't emotionally prepared for a year :P Like, I hadn't even considered it. Denial is a very powerful thing :P

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]