Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

nearly said goodbye
iggy Posted: Wed Sep 14 23:54:10 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  just had to write this.

half an hour ago while driving to work, i was coming to a junction.

it was still green when i approaching but the next thing i remembered, it was red and i was in the middle of the intersection with cars and buses coming towards me from my right while i was going forward.

whatever happened in those 2 or 3 seconds i have no idea.

i haven't blacked out like that for the longest time... and now i'm still fucking scared.

it's like my brain or eyes decided to shut down and reboot.

but here's just a note to say that i'm still alive...

DanSRose Posted: Thu Sep 15 02:36:36 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Okay, that's weird. I swear, that happened to me today. No light though- it was at a 4-way stop sign (the principle of a roundabout, but with signs)

But the skeptic in is saying, in his nerd voice, that that sounds a bit like a small seizure. But nerdboy hasn't studied brain anomalies in a while, but it's still doctor worthy.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Sep 15 06:46:11 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chan said:

>whatever happened in those 2 or 3 seconds i have no idea.
>
>i haven't blacked out like that for the longest time... and now i'm still fucking scared.
>
Glad your ok dude, is this something you've had experience with before ?

addi Posted: Thu Sep 15 07:03:33 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Was it literally a blackout where you lost consciousness, or was it a case of being so focused on something other than driving that you "forgot" you were behind the wheel?

iggy Posted: Thu Sep 15 07:08:46 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  it happened a few times before but not for a long time.

it's like erm... your brain reboots or something.
like your brain decides to edit away that few seconds from your life.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Sep 15 08:08:41 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  seizure ?

iggy Posted: Thu Sep 15 08:46:02 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  no... just black out... i dunno.
haha
i think i should go to the doctors

addi Posted: Thu Sep 15 09:34:22 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chan said:

>i think i should go to the doctors

yes!

CorDrine Posted: Thu Sep 15 11:25:56 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I went to the doctor yesterday. Apparently I have inactive nerves connected to my ears which made me go dizzy from time to time. Its nothing serious, but this morning, on my way to work, I was scared shit when I hit the city area via the subway. Everything was in motion. Just looking at the escalater was making me weak in the knee. I had to slowly make my way to corner when I reach the top of the escalator and for a whole 3 minutes or so, I just stood there dazed, afraid I was going to fall to one side anytime... sigh.

Thank god I survive today. The dizziness went away at 7pm after I had a pack of cashew nuts. Go figure.

Christian Posted: Thu Sep 15 12:51:31 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chan said:
>no... just black out... i dunno.
>haha
>

Chan, you have an increased cognizance of your movement of consciousness through a multi-dimensional spectrum...in fact an "infinity" of them, and it's a continuum that doesn't end, (i.e., until YOU end, lol)...your consciousness is singular but spans all of the dimensions/dimensional possibilities. Generally you can only experience, or have a cognizance of one at a time...however, some people are prone to being conscious of experiencing more than one, all at once....sort of like a blackout... an analogy would be like the mirror for which you can see your self infinitely... wow...I have those experiences too. Anyway, it's all very scientific, really. We thought the earth was flat, remember? lol

DanSRose Posted: Thu Sep 15 13:03:04 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chan said:
>no... just black out... i dunno.
>haha

Seizures aren't always the spoon in the mouth type. They are short circuiting of the connecting-neural tissue in the brain (called the corpus callosum). I'd say go to your doctor, see what he suggests.

kurohyou Posted: Thu Sep 15 19:50:42 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Glad to hear that you are okay and it couldn't hurt to get yourself checked out. I've had something like that happen to me before, don't know what caused it and it hasn't happened for a while. I chalked it up to just zoning out and not paying attention. But again, it coudln't hurt to get yourself checked out. It would be a shame if you got hurt bad if it happened again.

Stay safe.

For what it's worth...

iggy Posted: Thu Sep 15 23:17:15 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  just went to the doctors.
did a few tests.

well. have to wait for the results haha.

he looked at my eye bags and said "get some rest..."

stress, not enough rest, need to slow down, blah blah blah. but may be the nerves getting to me again haha.

yeah right. tell that to my clients.

iggy Posted: Thu Sep 15 23:18:22 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  thanks for everything guys
really appreciate it.

=)

the army is claiming my soul again next week for 3 weeks. so maybe i'll get some good rest haha. well at least it's physical not mental

addi Posted: Fri Sep 16 07:03:40 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chan said:

>the army is claiming my soul again next week for 3 weeks. so maybe i'll get some good rest haha. well at least it's physical not mental

make sure they give you your soul back when you're done.
..and a spiffy little home remedy for bags under your eyes is to put some hemorrhoid creme on them. It makes those unsightly bags magically dissapear, plus you'll never need to stress out about getting hemorroids under your eyes.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Sep 16 08:33:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Whenever something like that happens to me, I just figure that maybe I'm having a flashback or something.

Mesh Posted: Mon Sep 19 01:04:55 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well I'm glad you didn't die, brosef.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]