Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Evacuate
Kira Posted: Wed Sep 28 03:21:10 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  If you had to leave Earth and knew you would never see it again, what five things would you take with you to remember your home world by?

You get to take all your friends and family.

You may not have electricity.

JesusOnline Posted: Wed Sep 28 07:43:17 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Some sand from the beach in my hometown...it reminds me of some pretty awesome times
A bottle - as many as I'd be allowed - of Jack Daniels
A football - *soccer ball* - for that fun time family and friends kick around
A sign I stole from burger king about a year back...again it's reminds me of some awesome times.
*It had my name on it, I felt like it was calling me*

And despite the fact I may not have or be able to generate electricity I'd take along my music collection. It's important to me

antartica Posted: Wed Sep 28 09:51:01 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. books... all the books i can carry or am allowed to

2. in case electricity is not availablei'd rob a vinyl store and get all the records and a wind up gramaphone

3. ciggies to last me a lifetime

4. scotch to last me a lifetime

5. my trusty knife

addi Posted: Wed Sep 28 10:14:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira,
did you mean things we'd bring just to remember our lives on earth, or things we see as necessities?
My list would be different depending on what you're really asking.

Christian Posted: Wed Sep 28 10:17:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm assuming she means to "remember by" rather than to "survive by". I would bring some ocean, some land, a letter from my Mom, some holy oil, and a comprehensive/explanatory atlas.

it WILL happen! :-)

jennemmer Posted: Wed Sep 28 12:22:51 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. An album of scenic photos - both my own and ones I've collected.

2. A big book full of pressed flowers and leaves - I am not at all one of those people who does this regularly but if I was never going to see any of them again I think I would take the time to put together a collection.

3. One of those sea shells that sounds like the ocean.

4. A collection of books that I like enough to be able to read over and over again.

5. A toy sailboat that was my Grandfathers that will always remind me of the summers I spent at my family's cottage growing up.

Kira Posted: Wed Sep 28 13:18:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Keepsakes, not necessities.

iggy Posted: Wed Sep 28 13:23:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  5 playmates

=)

i get to use the damn computer in the army for once....

i'll see you guys soon =)

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Sep 28 13:34:08 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm taking Sweet-P with me !

beetlebum Posted: Wed Sep 28 15:05:46 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. Well loved books. If I had to chose one, Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. (Yeah, I said it.

2. A set of encyclopedias.

3. A guitar or a piano but preferably both.

4. A lifetime supply of chocolate.

5. photos.

beetlebum Posted: Wed Sep 28 15:07:21 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jennemmer said:

>2. A big book full of pressed flowers and leaves - I am not at all one of those people who does this regularly but if I was never going to see any of them again I think I would take the time to put together a collection.

You so are one of *those* people; don't deny it! Big grin. Seriously, I did a leaf project in fifth grade where we had to collect one hundred different leaves and identify them and where they could be found in the world. It was a big project and really difficult, if I'm remembering correctly. If you were rushed for time before parting with the dear Earth, I'd give it to you. :D

Zacq Posted: Wed Sep 28 15:15:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. Guitar

2. Is a piano too large? (I'm with Beetlebum)

3. Notes From Underground (a book)

4. Saxophone

5. Deck of cards

I'd say my iPod with 40 gigs of data files on it just in case we can access a computer wherever we're going, but that'd be a cheap answer.

Kira Posted: Wed Sep 28 16:05:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah, you guys have to forgive me for the maybe-no-electricity thing, as it makes it sound like we're going to some desert planet, but I thought lists of laptops and MP3 players would be awfully boring.

Anyway, I love Jennemmer's list, but so as not to copy, and since my Grampa never gave me a toy boat, I might take:

A music box (could play just about anything).

A book (coin toss for To Kill a Mockingbird or A Little Princess if I can only take one).

A piece of quartz or amethyst.

A rabbit's pelt.

A mirror.

jennemmer Posted: Wed Sep 28 16:13:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>jennemmer said:
>
>>2. A big book full of pressed flowers and leaves - I am not at all one of those people who does this regularly but if I was never going to see any of them again I think I would take the time to put together a collection.
>
>You so are one of *those* people; don't deny it! Big grin. Seriously, I did a leaf project in fifth grade where we had to collect one hundred different leaves and identify them and where they could be found in the world. It was a big project and really difficult, if I'm remembering correctly. If you were rushed for time before parting with the dear Earth, I'd give it to you. :D

Wow. That's one serious grade 5 project! We had to collect enough different types of stones to fill an egg carton. That was as ambitious as my teacher got.

Thanks so much for your offer. I'd take good care of it I promise *hugs*

beetlebum Posted: Wed Sep 28 17:13:11 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jennemmer said:
>beetlebum said:
>>jennemmer said:
>>
>>>2. A big book full of pressed flowers and leaves - I am not at all one of those people who does this regularly but if I was never going to see any of them again I think I would take the time to put together a collection.
>>
>>You so are one of *those* people; don't deny it! Big grin. Seriously, I did a leaf project in fifth grade where we had to collect one hundred different leaves and identify them and where they could be found in the world. It was a big project and really difficult, if I'm remembering correctly. If you were rushed for time before parting with the dear Earth, I'd give it to you. :D
>
>Wow. That's one serious grade 5 project! We had to collect enough different types of stones to fill an egg carton. That was as ambitious as my teacher got.
>
>Thanks so much for your offer. I'd take good care of it I promise *hugs*

Excellent. But just to warn you, my handwriting in fifth grade
was rather atrocious.
Grin.

choke Posted: Wed Sep 28 20:14:12 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  JesusOnline said:
>A sign I stole from burger king about a year back...again it's reminds me of some awesome times.
>*It had my name on it, I felt like it was calling me*
>
Your name is Burger King?

Ahriman Posted: Wed Sep 28 21:02:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Book(s) (duh)

Hat (My hat has been with me for four years, seen me through many times, both good and bad. Used to be black, now brown from the sun, sea water, and constant wear. I treasure it's comforting hug.)

Oak stick(To remember all the times I spent amongst my woods.)

Picture album (To see it all again)

Incense (Each smell brings back a certain part of my life, mostly the good.)

JesusOnline Posted: Thu Sep 29 02:33:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>JesusOnline said:
>>A sign I stole from burger king about a year back...again it's reminds me of some awesome times.
>>*It had my name on it, I felt like it was calling me*
>>
>Your name is Burger King?

It was to adertise their 'Angus steak burger' Angus is my last name

addi Posted: Thu Sep 29 07:11:00 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  JesusOnline said:

>It was to adertise their 'Angus steak burger' Angus is my last name

Jesus Angus....it was a nice ring to it.

Things to remember my home world with:

1. A piece of mica I found to remind me of the mountains.
2. A pine cone to remind me of the forests.
3. A small container of beach sand to remind me of the oceans.
4. A dried wheat stalk to remind me of the open prairies I grew up in.
5. My photo album full of pics of all the places I've been over the globe in my life.

FN Posted: Thu Sep 29 11:37:08 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1) a hot 17 year old girl
2) a hot 17 year old girl
3) a baby girl who had a goodlooking mother
4) a babygirl who had a goodlooking mother
5) a baby girl who had a goodlooking mother

That way I'll be able to keep myself busy, and I have 3 shots at getting a looker for when I'm old.

erikagm Posted: Thu Sep 29 19:19:43 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  

1. A bag/purse/backpack
2. My teddy bear... It's been with me for 15 years...
3. LOTS of paper and pencils
4. My palm with as many electronic novels as I could fit on a 4GB SD card (more practical than paper books)
5. As many chilis as I was allowed to take. Us mexicans cant live without chilis.

DanSRose Posted: Fri Sep 30 04:45:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1- Notebooks (3 moleskins and 3 large spiral bounds)
2- All the pens (Signio Gelsticks in indigo, Bic Atlantis in all colors, Onyx in black) and pencils (both mechincal and wooden) I could ever need
3- I like Erika's idea of as many eBooksas possible, with as many paper ones I can fit in...
4- My bags (a blue messenger and a black skateboard one that's great to go biking/camping with)
5- Folders with as many photos, pictures, travel catalogues, scraps, etc. of my life, times, friends, family, and places Here, and where are they now.

FN Posted: Fri Sep 30 09:59:46 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>1- Notebooks (3 moleskins and 3 large spiral bounds)
>2- All the pens (Signio Gelsticks in indigo, Bic Atlantis in all colors, Onyx in black) and pencils (both mechincal and wooden) I could ever need
>3- I like Erika's idea of as many eBooksas possible, with as many paper ones I can fit in...
>4- My bags (a blue messenger and a black skateboard one that's great to go biking/camping with)
>5- Folders with as many photos, pictures, travel catalogues, scraps, etc. of my life, times, friends, family, and places Here, and where are they now.

That would probably result in not 5 but 500 items.

Mesh Posted: Fri Sep 30 15:47:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. I can't think of anything.
2. See above.
3. Same.
4. Again.
5. You know the drill by now.

Ed Posted: Fri Sep 30 18:50:01 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  5 keepsakes...
1) The West Wyandotte Public Library in KCK.
2) Some sort of large music player, filled
3) my writings, pics, notes, my fountain pen, and a huge journal
I would leave the pain on Earth.

I'll stick with 3, for now.

erikagm Posted: Fri Sep 30 20:35:22 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sorry to intrude on the thread in this manner, but Ed, lemme tell you, I like your avatar!!!

And if you like stuff like that, you might wanna check out a page with drawings/paintings done by a friend... His name is Abraham (Abe) Tena, nicknamed Abecat... He has a page in VCL under that nickname, and he has lots of artwork like the one on your avvy.

http://us.vclart.net/vcl/Artists/Abecat

Hope you enjoy it!

Ed Posted: Fri Sep 30 21:08:31 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Dude, Erika, I'm pretty sure that I stole my avatar (and many others) from someone on that site. I think you started a thread for that link; If not, then it was posted somewhere. So, yeah, thanks anyway, but I think that that page is bookmarked in my list already or in a list of URLs I've got somewhere. ;D

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]