Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

simpleman's back (sorta)
iggy Posted: Thu Oct 6 01:05:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hi people.
i'm back... in someways.

just finished the last few missions of my army reservist.
it was ... bad.

helidrop and walking 30+ km is not my idea of fun.
anyways, am now out of action due to my back. was admitted to the hospital due to my back problems. and now relaxing in my bunk before checking out of camp.

be good people.

iggy Posted: Thu Oct 6 01:29:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  the simpleman journals.
of army and stuff.

in many ways, i enjoyed my 3 weeks stay in camp.

it was peaceful among my band of brothers.
people whom i haven't seen for the past few years. men from every walk of life living together for these 3 weeks.

i've made some good friends in my stay here.

and there were nights out there in the jungle where there was nothing but the stars above us and the mosquitoes and sandflies having a feast from our blood.
and we shared our life stories and troubles and problems and you find out that you're not alone.

they asked me why i kept to myself even though i joke with the rest and share in the rest of the random talks.
i told them i haven't got any story to tell. just some dude trying to make some sense in my life.

and there was one night out there in the jungle when everyone was sleeping, and i was up... making hot coffee, smoking a cigarette and thinking.

at least they have someone to go home to.

the person i was thinking of have another home to go home to... and have along the way forgotten about me.

i don't blame her. just that there's nothing i can say to tell her that i still care, and love her still. and it's not the memories that i hold on to. and i don't even know where to start.

so there i was in the middle of the jungle with a mug of hot coffee with a little whiskey and a cigarette, thinking of her and watching the skies turning red and waiting for the dawn attack.

will i have anyone to go home to?

Mesh Posted: Thu Oct 6 02:23:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Welcome back dude. Hope your back gets better.

Kira Posted: Thu Oct 6 02:36:38 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Welcome back, Chan.

beetlebum Posted: Thu Oct 6 04:33:51 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Chan! Glad you're okay... hope you feel better soon.

Also, Kira, I *love* your avatar. Its truth makes me smile.

addi Posted: Thu Oct 6 07:22:06 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Was listening to NPR on the drive home last night and heard some guy being interviewed. Can't remember his name or the context or even the exact wording, but in effect he said...

A friend once told me that I should always keep in mind that every single person I ever meet has deep hidden pain in their life that affects how they act, feel and what they say...

Hang in there, chan. I hope sometime you're looking up at the night sky while sitting next to someone that makes it meaningful.

addi Posted: Thu Oct 6 07:23:54 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:

>Also, Kira, I *love* your avatar. Its truth makes me smile.

Decades of trying to decode plinkerspeak and I'm still just a novice

: )

sweet p Posted: Thu Oct 6 14:59:10 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Chan!
exes and ohhs.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]