Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Fucking PETA assholes
ifihadahif Posted: Sun Oct 9 09:37:04 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  

http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/douggiles/2005/10/09/170671.html

addi Posted: Sun Oct 9 11:07:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  More Townhall.com drivel from the right wing loonies.

"Join the NRA..."

"I honestly wish these PETA morons would get as zealous at protecting the rights of an unborn child as they are in trying to stop someone from making an omelet out of whooping crane eggs."

"Well, I must run . . . I've got a big slab of snook to eat, and a whitetail deer/wild boar/American Bison hunt in Texas next month for which I must prepare."

Are there some kooks in PETA? Sure there are. My problem with Mr. Giles is that he is just as bombasticly wacko as the people he's attacking in his column. Join the NRA, support the pro-lifers, and then go shoot a dumb buffalo to prove your manhood. What a maroon!

The antics of PETA are the LEAST of our national concerns at this moment. Here's a suggestion for Mr. Giles if he's in dire need of a topic to write about:
Write about our fucked up energy policies and the price of a gallon a gasoline and the effects that's having on businesses large and small.

Write about our fucked up national debt growing exponentially from tax cuts during war time.

Write about not finishing the job in Afghanistan and allowing the tribal warlords to control most of the country when we suddenly pulled out and sent our troops to Iraq.

Write about all the current administration leaders and republican congressmen under indictment, or about to be indicted, for corruption and criminal behavior.

Write about cronyism and putting unqualified morons in leadership positions based on being an old bud of Dubyas....from the supreme court to the head of national procurement to FEMA.

Write about all the continuing testimony coming in from soldiers giving eyewitness accounts of widespread torture tactics happening in several prisoner of war camps.

Write about Bush recently telling us that there are 100,000 Iraqi troops ready to fight and stand alone, and then hearing from the commanding general over there that there's only one battalion prepared.

I could go on and on, but my point is made. A rather silly insignificant choice of subject matter in the face of serious concerns happening right now. There are so many other legitimate concerns to get your panties in a bunch about.

*here we go again

FN Posted: Sun Oct 9 11:08:33 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  This is a perfect example of how a redneck can screw up a perfectly defendable point by trying to be mister macho and resort to name-calling and plain dumb dribble.

I agree with most of what he's saying, but he writes like a 12 year old that wants to impress his peers with his tough talk.

Silentmind Posted: Sun Oct 9 11:43:52 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  There certainly is something to be said for being articulate.

"Knowing that sanity reigns supreme in most American households and that the vast majority of parents think the PETA cronies are certifiable, the mentally challenged at PETA have gotten busy developing kiddy websites, worming their way into mass media"

Thats the statement that makes me laugh the most. For him to fault PETA for using mass media to further their cause is hypocritical. Has he even looked at the fact that he is using the purest form of mass media to get his message across?

I'll admit he does have a point. However, anytime you make a point, you should be sure to avoid being hypocritical, and make a sound argument. He didn't, and that weakens his position. Personally, I'm against hunting. And the only reason why the hunters give money to wildlife reserves is so they can have a nice place to shoot things.

novemberrain Posted: Sun Oct 9 12:32:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  PETA is after your children now.

Phew. That gives those children recruiting homosexuals a well deserved break, don't you think?

addi Posted: Sun Oct 9 12:59:01 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  novemberrain said:

>Phew. That gives those children recruiting homosexuals a well deserved break, don't you think?

lol!
Unless they turn into homosexual PETA supporters ...that would be bad

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Oct 9 12:59:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Silentmind said:
>
And the only reason why the hunters give money to wildlife reserves is so they can have a nice place to shoot things.
>
And you know this to be a fact?

addi Posted: Sun Oct 9 13:08:23 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Silentmind said:
>>
> And the only reason why the hunters give money to wildlife reserves is so they can have a nice place to shoot things.
>>
>And you know this to be a fact?

I think it would be very difficult to claim this is a fact. I think it would be difficult for you to prove that hunters don't feel that way though.

It's his opinion, and having grown up hunting, in a state full of hunters, my opinion is that he's right. Some hunters are genuinely concerned about the environment solely for the environments sake. I think most avid hunters are concerned about the environment soley for providing habitat for the animals they can shoot, and then proudly mount on a wall in their dens.

novemberrain Posted: Sun Oct 9 13:26:58 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>novemberrain said:
>
>>Phew. That gives those children recruiting homosexuals a well deserved break, don't you think?
>
>lol!
>Unless they turn into homosexual PETA supporters ...that would be bad

Somewhere John Ashcroft is curled up in a fetal position, shaking and crying at the very thought.

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Oct 9 16:50:02 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Silentmind said:
He didn't, and that weakens his position. Personally, I'm against hunting.
>
Are you against fishing as well ?

Silentmind Posted: Sun Oct 9 16:59:50 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well, let me rephrase. I'm against wasteful hunting. Which is what most hunters are in the practice of. I'm supportive of the native way of hunting. Using the entire animal in some form or another. Most hunters and fishers only use the meat, perhaps they mount the animal. That is totally wasteful. This is not to be compared to raising livestock, where they are bread for the specific purpose of feeding us. If a hunter shot an animal, and used the entire animal before he shot another, he'd only need possibly one or two animals a year. How many hunters do you know that only shoot one or two animals a year? I'm speaking of larger game. Hunting has moved into the realm of pleasure. It serves no purpose to shoot an animal just for the hell of it.

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Oct 9 18:43:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It might be wasteful if it weren't regulated.
I don't consider it wasteful if the hunter takes only the meat.
But the regulation makes it necessary to take these animals anyway to preserve the species. That is why there are limits to how many one can take.

As for pleaseure hunting, that has been around forever and I think that is obscene. Great white hunter my ass !

libra Posted: Sun Oct 9 19:17:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i think they should have to hunt animals without the use of guns. In my mind that's totally cheating. Like those assholes that get helicopters in africa to shoot elephants from. DUH you're going to get the animal you cowardly creep.

Sticks and stones and bows and arrows should be it. Then they can feel like "real men"

FN Posted: Sun Oct 9 20:23:17 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah, I agree about the bow and arrow thing, and even then, hunting small to medium-sized herbivores in that case isn't all that dangerous either.

I come from a line of hunters, and I've shot and killed some stuff in my life as well, but I'm not planning on doing it anymore, although I do understand the drive behind it.

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Oct 10 06:43:22 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>i think they should have to hunt animals without the use of guns. In my mind that's totally cheating. Like those assholes that get helicopters in africa to shoot elephants from. DUH you're going to get the animal you cowardly creep.
>
>Sticks and stones and bows and arrows should be it. Then they can feel like "real men"
>
They do hunt animals without guns, they call it trapping.

They also have bow season and musket season.

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Oct 10 07:03:56 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>>Write about our fucked up energy policies and the price of a gallon a gasoline and the effects that's having on businesses large and small.
>
>Write about our fucked up national debt growing exponentially from tax cuts during war time.
>
>Write about not finishing the job in Afghanistan and allowing the tribal warlords to control most of the country when we suddenly pulled out and sent our troops to Iraq.
>
>Write about all the current administration leaders and republican congressmen under indictment, or about to be indicted, for corruption and criminal behavior.
>
That's very nice Addi, but aren't we allowed to write about anything we want ?
Personally I think it's a fresh topic and greatly needed around here since all of your talking points listed above have been beat to death ad nauseum, partly thanks to me, but beat to death for sure.
PETA as an issue, is surely as legitimate as anything on your list.
>Write about cronyism and putting unqualified morons in leadership positions based on being an old bud of Dubyas....from the supreme court to the head of national procurement to FEMA.
>
>Write about all the continuing testimony coming in from soldiers giving eyewitness accounts of widespread torture tactics happening in several prisoner of war camps.
>
>Write about Bush recently telling us that there are 100,000 Iraqi troops ready to fight and stand alone, and then hearing from the commanding general over there that there's only one battalion prepared.
>
>I could go on and on, but my point is made. A rather silly insignificant choice of subject matter in the face of serious concerns happening right now. There are so many other legitimate concerns to get your panties in a bunch about.
>
>
>*here we go again

addi Posted: Mon Oct 10 07:17:44 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>They do hunt animals without guns, they call it trapping.

Very very inhumane treatment of animals. Have you ever seen footage of a trapped animal? They're better off being shot and killed quickly.

If i were king of the forest I'd pass a law to even the playing field. Say by putting the hunter in a cage alone and unarmed and pitting him against the animal he's hunting. For instance a 45 year old beer bellied guy vs. a whitetail buck deer with a full rack of antlers. Superior strength against superior intellect (maybe). Let the best mammal win.

addi Posted: Mon Oct 10 07:28:41 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>That's very nice Addi, but aren't we allowed to write about anything we want ?

Valid point, hiffer. You are..we are..and by the same token we're each free to give our opinion about said topic.

>Personally I think it's a fresh topic and greatly needed around here since all of your talking points listed above have been beat to death ad nauseum, partly thanks to me, but beat to death for sure.

Actually 3 of my points haven't been discussed, but I guess you could round it off to include all of them.
: )

>PETA as an issue, is surely as legitimate as anything on your list.

Merely my opinion, but the PETA topic is a mosquito bite when compared to the bleeding shotgun wound stature of the other issues I stated. My subjective opinion I know.

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Oct 10 08:28:28 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>They do hunt animals without guns, they call it trapping.
>
>Very very inhumane treatment of animals. Have you ever seen footage of a trapped animal? They're better off being shot and killed quickly.
>
I agree, I was merely responding to Libra's suggestion that animals be hunted without guns.

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Oct 10 08:33:52 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>Merely my opinion, but the PETA topic is a mosquito bite when compared to the bleeding shotgun wound stature of the other issues I stated. My subjective opinion I know.
>
Surely as a former teacher, you would agree that any organization as divisive as PETA, that gets it's agenda into our public school system is not a mosquito bite issue. It's much more than that.

Besides, this is my thread, if you want to talk about that other stuff, go start your own thread, no need to hijack mine. Sometimes the shit around here needs to be stirred up and I do a fine job of that.
:-)

addi Posted: Mon Oct 10 08:36:57 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  we've simply got to put an end to all this agreement lately between us...it's unnatural.
: )

addi Posted: Mon Oct 10 08:44:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
as a former teacher, you would agree that any organization as divisive as PETA, that gets it's agenda into our public school system is not a mosquito bite issue. It's much more than that.

I think it's much ado about nothing personally. Anti-PETA people making a mountain out of a molehill. My public school concerns are things like safe environments, quality teachers, smaller class room sizes, getting necessary supplies, keeping the intelligent design wackos out of the classroom, no child left behind bullshit, etc...

PETA infiltrating the classroom is not one of our problems.

Ahriman Posted: Mon Oct 10 22:04:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.trackerschool.com/

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]