Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

All Apologies
choke Posted: Thu Oct 13 11:52:33 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sorry, isn't a Nirvana thread. If you had the chance/guts, who would you apologize to and why?

libra Posted: Thu Oct 13 12:33:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My parents.

For being ungrateful and sometimes mean through most of my high school years.

Mark Posted: Thu Oct 13 13:57:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I once promised to be a friend to someone, but Iíve never fulfilled that promise. I would apologize to her.

Mesh Posted: Thu Oct 13 17:34:19 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I thought this was a Nirvana thread, now that I see it is not, I am leaving.

*storms out*

I'd probably apologize to kids I bullied when I was a kid. Specifically, Niles Absalon. I still remember that kid. I feel terrible about it now.

Posted: Thu Oct 13 21:40:33 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Around the time I turned 20, I apologized to a lot of people.

That's about the time my life changed.

If I feel like apologizing to someone, I do it. I can't stand for someone to have ill will towards me, just the same, I can't stand feeling guilty.

Ahriman Posted: Thu Oct 13 22:42:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't know...I try my hardest to help everyone that asks me to...betrayal, gossiping, violence, etc. are not part of me...I apologize to the world for not living up to its expectations and mine.

sweet p Posted: Fri Oct 14 00:17:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The only people I can think of to currently apologize to are my potential children and their children and theirs too...just for not keeping and maintaining my area of the world as nicely as I could. I try but I don't think I try enough.

I still use too much water. I don't drive but I still ride around in other people's vehicles. I sometimes wash things I shouldn't down the drain. I used standard things even when I know about better alternatives. I waste engery. I waste a lot of things.

I have made some plans to improve on these things but I am so goddamn lazy. BLARGH!

Frin Posted: Fri Oct 14 05:14:01 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My dad. For everything I've ever done that's hurt him.. and everything I shall continue to do.

addi Posted: Fri Oct 14 07:37:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Frin said:
>My dad. For everything I've ever done that's hurt him.. and everything I shall continue to do.

brought a smile to my heart on a morning when I really needed it.

*I'd apologize to her

FN Posted: Fri Oct 14 09:29:42 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  At this point in time, nobody.

supergrass Posted: Sat Oct 15 16:22:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i have to apologize myself with everybody, cause theres nobody gultier than me, sorry for all the things i feel, and i hate to feel, for my stupid head and the nosence, for trying to understand it and most of it, for not understanding, sorry for 2000 years of cristianity, sorry for having to eat and breath, sorry for the modern people, cause if i see them, i might loose the reason, sorry for a life saying sorry, sorry for all my apologizes

kurohyou Posted: Sat Oct 15 17:35:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The first person who popped to mind was an ex of mine who I was pretty mean to when she broke up with me. But I did apologize to her about a year and a half ago. She said no apology was necessary, that we all do supid things when we are young. Somehow I didn't feel that it absolved me of the need to apologize.

I'm sure I will want to apologize to my kids for my lackluster attempts at fatherhood. More often than not I feel like I am floundering when it comes to raising them and helping them on their way in this world. Its entirely possible that as they get older it will become easier, but as things stand right now, I see more of my errors in raising them than anything. So in about 15 years or so I'm sure I will be giving them an apology.

My mother was another person whom I had a number of problems with, but about two years ago, before she moved to Arizona, I apologized to her for making her life more difficult than it needed to be.

So I guess a short answer would be no one right now, but I'm sure there will be more. I'm far from perfect.

For what it's worth...

addi Posted: Sun Oct 16 11:01:46 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:

>I'm sure I will want to apologize to my kids for my lackluster attempts at fatherhood. More often than not I feel like I am floundering when it comes to raising them and helping them on their way in this world.

The fact that you're cognizant of any shortcomings you have as a parent puts you far ahead of many others, Kuro. Parenting skills goes down on my list as one of the toughest things to do in life (just above trying to figure out what women are thinking). Now that my son is 18 and experiencing a lot of difficulties trying to figure out the obsticles life is throwing him I've become acutely aware of things I've done wrong raising him. The other day I was thinking "if only I could go back in time and apply better guidance in that part of his life". I did some really good things as a father, and I'm guilty of doing some really boneheaded things as well.
Most of all you just have to try and do what you think is best at the time. Mistakes will be made. I love my son. You love your kids, and that overcomes a multitude of sins and errors we make as parents.
When you're middle-aged and your kids are all grown up and making a life for themselves I have little doubt that they'll look back on the job you did raising them and, despite the screw ups, give you a thumbs up.

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Oct 16 11:50:58 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  supergrass said:
>i have to apologize myself with everybody, cause theres nobody gultier than me, sorry for all the things i feel, and i hate to feel, for my stupid head and the nosence, for trying to understand it and most of it, for not understanding, sorry for 2000 years of cristianity, sorry for having to eat and breath, sorry for the modern people, cause if i see them, i might loose the reason, sorry for a life saying sorry, sorry for all my apologizes
>
Maybe you should apologize for not using spellcheck
:-)

iggy Posted: Sun Oct 16 13:24:33 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  my parents - for not embracing my legacy or taking over what my dad built. i think i let them down for pursuing my own calling in life.
my anger used to be my driving force, but now i guess i'm driven by not wanting to let them down i guess.

her - for everything that i done so wrong.

my friends - for everything i guess.

Kira Posted: Sun Oct 16 13:35:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My father, for not forgiving him.

choke Posted: Sun Oct 16 18:31:19 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>I thought this was a Nirvana thread, now that I see it is not, I am leaving.
>
>
>*storms out*
>
>
I would apologize to Meshuggah, for this thread not living up to his expectations.

Sorry, Meshuggah.

Mouse Posted: Sun Oct 16 23:12:02 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  To everyone, for being who I am.

sweet p Posted: Mon Oct 17 01:24:23 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nooo, Mouse. No.

exes and ohhs

Kira Posted: Mon Oct 17 16:04:56 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Who was it that said... "Don't apoligize. I hate apologies. If there's something you did wrong, don't do it again. If it's something you didn't do, start doing it."

addi Posted: Mon Oct 17 17:14:07 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>Who was it that said... "Don't apoligize. I hate apologies. If there's something you did wrong, don't do it again. If it's something you didn't do, start doing it."

an idiot?

Actually, if someone keeps doing the same thing over and over to you, and then thinks everything's fine by repeating "I'm sorry" to you time after time...then I agree with the above saying.
But to say "don't apologize" as a rule of thumb is just dumb. A sincere apology, backed up with a genuine effort to avoid doing the same thing again goes a long way.

*and I apologize to you, Kira, for my rudeness in this reply
: )

Kira Posted: Mon Oct 17 17:42:57 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm sorry too Addison. For WHAT and how it's spelled, and how many there are, I won't say.

Mesh Posted: Mon Oct 17 18:14:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'd apologize to my lady for breaking her kitchen knife whilst attempting to cut through the tension in here.

Oh snap

Mesh Posted: Tue Oct 18 05:07:39 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'd apologize for having to say goodbye.

mat_j Posted: Fri Oct 28 18:41:21 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm British i apologise enough already, terribly sorry to cause a fuss

addi Posted: Fri Oct 28 20:03:44 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  No apologies necessary, mat. It's just nice to see you around now and then.

Kira Posted: Fri Oct 28 20:42:21 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Howdy Mat, how'za? This is the only thread you've posted on, what happened to DBFing on 6-10 threads before vanishing into the shadows again? 'Course if you just want to keep it down to one post on a couple of threads every other day or so, like a normal person, I won't argue with you.

Ed Posted: Fri Oct 28 21:10:07 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  - to my family, for being so distant

- to my exes, for any pain I caused

- to me, for bringing it all on myself

addi Posted: Sat Oct 29 06:06:34 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>'Course if you just want to keep it down to one post on a couple of threads every other day or so, like a normal person, I won't argue with you.

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Igor, would you mind telling me whose brain I did put in?

Igor: And you won't be angry?

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: I will NOT be angry.

Igor: Addi someone.

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Addi someone. Addi who?

Igor: Addi Normal.

(Scene from "Old Frankenstein". The monster went on to post several times a day}

mat_j Posted: Sun Oct 30 12:15:51 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>Howdy Mat, how'za? This is the only thread you've posted on, what happened to DBFing on 6-10 threads before vanishing into the shadows again? 'Course if you just want to keep it down to one post on a couple of threads every other day or so, like a normal person, I won't argue with you.

I'm terribly sorry but kiss my fruit

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]