Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

The Notebook
ifihadahif Posted: Thu Oct 20 09:19:50 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Have any of you seen this movie ?

Posted: Thu Oct 20 10:53:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  once, when I was so desperate to do something other than study for my exams, I watched the only movie that was on satellite that I hadn't seen: The Notebook.

I watched it with my dog, and I think we both cried a little.

iggy Posted: Thu Oct 20 11:02:33 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i prefer the book actually

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Oct 20 11:11:57 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I only knew it was supposed to be a love story when I sat down with my wife to watch it.
It hit home pretty hard for me.

My stepmother is in late stages of alzheimers and hasn't recognized me for at least 5 yrs now. She has been my stepmother for 39 years.

I think the only person she really knows is Dad. He says as long as she knows who he is, he will care for her at home. When she no longer knows who he is, he will have to put her in a home.

This movie just reinforced what I already knew, how devastating it must be for Dad to watch her just slowly go away like that.

They come over most Sundays for supper and some TV. We talk and enjoy ourselves and she pretends that she knows us all, but she will never call anyone by name because she doesn't remember.

addi Posted: Thu Oct 20 13:26:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>My stepmother is in late stages of alzheimers and hasn't recognized me for at least 5 yrs now. She has been my stepmother for 39 years.

sigh
what a sad sad way to depart this life.

My neighbor's mom went through it. I got to know her during the initial stages and watched as it progressed to the point where she no longer even knew her son. She passed away last year from it, and I know that as hard as it was for him to face that day it was also a blessing because her life was so miserable at that point.
I hope to god that when i go it's not from that disease.

Ahriman Posted: Thu Oct 20 16:26:39 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nope, will someday, watching the spongebob movie right now. :)

Posted: Thu Oct 20 16:30:58 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>I only knew it was supposed to be a love story when I sat down with my wife to watch it.
>It hit home pretty hard for me.
>
>My stepmother is in late stages of alzheimers and hasn't recognized me for at least 5 yrs now. She has been my stepmother for 39 years.
>
>I think the only person she really knows is Dad. He says as long as she knows who he is, he will care for her at home. When she no longer knows who he is, he will have to put her in a home.
>
>This movie just reinforced what I already knew, how devastating it must be for Dad to watch her just slowly go away like that.
>
>They come over most Sundays for supper and some TV. We talk and enjoy ourselves and she pretends that she knows us all, but she will never call anyone by name because she doesn't remember.
>
>
>
>
>

:(
Sorry to hear that, hif. that's uber rough, man.

Kira Posted: Thu Oct 20 21:39:59 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  No.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]