Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

God Bless Rosa Parks
ifihadahif Posted: Tue Oct 25 14:19:06 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  May she rest in peace.

I just wish that Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Charles Rangel, and other ilk like them wouldn't be able to exploit her like I know they will.
They don't deserve any of the freedoms she helped to give them.

Posted: Tue Oct 25 17:26:34 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Detroit is all such a mess today. Not a smiling face to be seen.

Zacq Posted: Tue Oct 25 21:59:16 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>I just wish that Al Sharpton,

I understand not everyone's beef with the Reverend.

libra Posted: Wed Oct 26 00:59:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hif,

How about you exploiting her death to bring up current politics completely unnecessarily in a thread disguised to respect her?

hypocrite.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Oct 26 06:53:54 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>Hif,
>
>How about you exploiting her death to bring up current politics completely unnecessarily in a thread disguised to respect her?
>
>
>hypocrite.
>
I don't need anyone to die to bring up current politics.
This thread is not "disguised" as you say. I was merely stating the obvious.
If you don't think the names I mentioned are race baiters then you should explain why.
It truly pains me to know that these assholes will benefit from her death and you have the gall to call me a hypocrite for mentioning it ?
Her whole life was about the politics of race, how could one not bring it up?

If you were going to write something respectful about Dr. King, would you not mention politics?
Are you truly that ignorant ?
>
>
>
>dumbass

addi Posted: Wed Oct 26 08:08:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>Hif,
>
>How about you exploiting her death to bring up current politics completely unnecessarily in a thread disguised to respect her?

You beat me to the punch.

Honoring the memory of Rosa. Good

Baiting (and it was, whether you admit it or not)us here with needless comments about Jackson and Sharpton in the same post. Crass

You could have just left it with remarks about her. Why you felt it necessary to tag on criticism against liberals you despise in the same post as remembering the death of a brave woman is really tacky.
If I would have started a thread about honoring the death of Reagan the day after he died, for example, and then tacked on comments about hoping that this republican and that conservative loser didn't use it to their political advantage..I think you'd be outraged, and rightly so.

Save the political sparring and flame baiting for other more appropriate threads. We have plenty of those.

And save the "ignorant" and "dumbass" name calling for those that truely deserve it.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Oct 26 08:40:31 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>libra said:
>>Hif,
>>
>>How about you exploiting her death to bring up current politics completely unnecessarily in a thread disguised to respect her?
>
>You beat me to the punch.
>
>Honoring the memory of Rosa. Good
>
>Baiting (and it was, whether you admit it or not)us here with needless comments about Jackson and Sharpton in the same post. Crass
>

>You could have just left it with remarks about her. Why you felt it necessary to tag on criticism against liberals you despise in the same post as remembering the death of a brave woman is really tacky.
>
This was not criticism against liberals.
I don't consider the ones I named as liberals. They are equal opportunity swindlers. They just happen to ride the democratic ticket these days because it is to their advantage.

>If I would have started a thread about honoring the death of Reagan the day after he died, for example, and then tacked on comments about hoping that this republican and that conservative loser didn't use it to their political advantage..I think you'd be outraged, and rightly so.
>
If you would have started a thread honoring Reagan I would have choked on my omelette. You and I both know that Reagan and Rosa are not the same kind of political animals.
The guys I named are only able to have their careers because of Miss Parks and they have done nothing but bring shame to her legacy.

>Save the political sparring and flame baiting for other more appropriate threads. We have plenty of those.
>
>And save the "ignorant" and "dumbass" name calling for those that truely deserve it.
>
I reject your criticism and take offense that you presume to instruct me as to when and where I can say what is on my mind. When someone labels me as hypocrite, I will take them to task for it, sometimes using the words ignorant and dumbass.
I don't need you to tell me where and when to defend myself either.

addi Posted: Wed Oct 26 08:57:16 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>I reject your criticism and take offense that you presume to instruct me as to when and where I can say what is on my mind. When someone labels me as hypocrite, I will take them to task for it, sometimes using the words ignorant and dumbass.

>I don't need you to tell me where and when to defend myself either.

Of course you don't. I'm not a mod here, don't presume to be, and don't ever want to be one. Anything I ever write here is nothing more than my take on things. I am completely aware of the fact that I can't "instruct" you to do a fucking thing, hif. Does that preclude me from stating my thoughts on opinions expressed here?

Do you see any difference at all between Libra calling you hypocritical, and you responding by calling her ignorant and a dumbass?

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Oct 26 09:22:17 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>I reject your criticism and take offense that you presume to instruct me as to when and where I can say what is on my mind. When someone labels me as hypocrite, I will take them to task for it, sometimes using the words ignorant and dumbass.
>
>>I don't need you to tell me where and when to defend myself either.
>
>Of course you don't. I'm not a mod here, don't presume to be, and don't ever want to be one. Anything I ever write here is nothing more than my take on things. I am completely aware of the fact that I can't "instruct" you to do a fucking thing, hif. Does that preclude me from stating my thoughts on opinions expressed here?
>
Well, if you go back and re-read your post, they weren't stated as opinions, they were instructional.

>Do you see any difference at all between Libra calling you hypocritical, and you responding by calling her ignorant and a dumbass?
>
Yes, I do and though I don't feel the need to explain it to you, I will.
In the first place, my indiscretion was a response, not an initial posting. In other words she started it.
It would be ignorant to presume that any memorials to Miss Parks will not have political discussion as an integral part of the service. And that does not make the participants out to be hypocrites.
You would be a dumbass to think so.

These are my opinions, you are entitled to yours.
I don't call you names, like hypocrite or stupid because you might disagree with me, I would appreciate the same from others.

addi Posted: Wed Oct 26 09:42:36 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  For those of you here that may not know who she was:

"Most historians date the beginning of the modern civil rights movement in the United States to December 1, 1955. That was the day when an unknown seamstress in Montgomery, Alabama refused to give up her bus seat to a white passenger. This brave woman, Rosa Parks, was arrested and fined for violating a city ordinance, but her lonely act of defiance began a movement that ended legal segregation in America, and made her an inspiration to freedom-loving people everywhere."
"...Mrs. Parks recalled in an interview, "we didn't have any civil rights. It was just a matter of survival, of existing from one day to the next. I remember going to sleep as a girl hearing the Klan ride at night and hearing a lynching and being afraid the house would burn down."

Zacq Posted: Wed Oct 26 17:34:54 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>Hif,
>
>
>
>hypocrite.

Whoa.

That response doesn't match the happy smiling picture on the left.

Mesh Posted: Wed Oct 26 18:32:19 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>For those of you here that may not know who she was:
>
>"Most historians date the beginning of the modern civil rights movement in the United States to December 1, 1955. That was the day when an unknown seamstress in Montgomery, Alabama refused to give up her bus seat to a white passenger. This brave woman, Rosa Parks, was arrested and fined for violating a city ordinance, but her lonely act of defiance began a movement that ended legal segregation in America, and made her an inspiration to freedom-loving people everywhere."
>"...Mrs. Parks recalled in an interview, "we didn't have any civil rights. It was just a matter of survival, of existing from one day to the next. I remember going to sleep as a girl hearing the Klan ride at night and hearing a lynching and being afraid the house would burn down."
>
>

Ahhhh.

PS I don't care for the rest of this thread. Smoke Pot and Salvia Divinorum, , eat Shrooms, drop Acid, insuffulate Dimethyltryptamine, and god damnit, don't forget to drink your coffee.

libra Posted: Wed Oct 26 18:32:57 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Zacq said:
>libra said:

>
>Whoa.
>
>That response doesn't match the happy smiling picture on the left.

i'm just so tired of being baited...

andariel Posted: Fri Oct 28 14:01:21 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.cagle.com/news/RosaParks/main.asp

I just think they should be looked at. some are more political than others

Everything I have to say can be summed up with: she was a GREAT woman and the country is a far better place for having her.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]