Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Jitterbug Perfume
Howitzer Posted: Tue Nov 8 04:29:25 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Has anyone read this Tom Robbins beatiful work? If you have, i would like to know what you thought...and if not, please contemplate these quotes and then answer or read the book in two days (like i did, it is an easy read...you can probably read it in Barnes and Noble without buying it in two days) and then answer.

"Alobar, once king, once serf, now individual--have you heard of individuals?--free and hungry, at your service. My mission? Well, frankly, I am running away from death."

And...

"If desire causes suffering, it may be because we do not desire wisely, or that we are inexpert at obtaining what we desire. Instead of hiding our heads in a prayer cloth and building walls against tempation, why not get better at fulfilling desire? Salvation is for the feeble, that's what I think. I don't want salvation, I wan life, all of life, the miserable as well as the superb. If the gods would tax ecstasy, then I shall pay; however, I shall protest their taxes at each opportunity, and if Woden or Shiva or Buddha or that Christian fellow-what's his name?-cannot respect that, then I'll accept their wrath. At least I will Have tasted the banquet that they have spread before me on this rich, round planet, rather than recoiling from it like a toothless bunny. I cannot believe that the most delicious things were placed here merely to test us, to tempt us, to make it the more diffucult for us to capture the grand prize: the safety of the void. To fashion of life such a petty game is unworthy of both men and gods"

And, lastly:

"Our individuality is all, all, that we have. There are those who barter it for security, those who repress it for what they believe is the betterment of the whole society, but blessed in the twinkle of the morning star is the one who nurtures it and rides it, in grace and love and wit, from peculiar station alond life's bittersweet route"

Any thoughts would be appreciated...

Beep Posted: Tue Nov 8 13:01:38 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Awesome.
I'm going to look that book up sharpish.

Mark Posted: Tue Nov 8 13:53:04 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Individuality rules! Perhaps I shall read this book.

Mesh Posted: Tue Nov 8 17:31:40 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sounds like an interesting Book. I just may give it a read.

And hello there Howitzer.

Howitzer Posted: Thu Nov 10 14:06:32 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>Sounds like an interesting Book. I just may give it a read.
>
>And hello there Howitzer.

Hello there mesh, how has it been?

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]