Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To
 

Who killed Marilyn Monroe?
mooser1 Posted: Fri Nov 11 21:33:08 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I just finished reading an article on Marilyn's death (this month's Playboy mag...which also has a great interview with Pacino and another good read on Super Bowl tix bookies.) I'm not an expert (although I admit to being a Forensic Files junkie), there were a few points that the article brought up that really make me wonder how it could have been classified as an "apparent suicide" and not further investigated as a murder. Though this might be fun to discuss...as I'm sure everyone has an opinion on theory. Feel free to add your thoughts:

1) Her house was completely bugged, under 24/7 surveillance from all sorts of people (FBI, CIA, Hoffa, etc.) So how could no one have heard, or even better, had a tape of what happened that night?

2) The autopsy report was compromised, with a majority of the substances reported "missing"...including that from her stomach (her death, they say, was caused from taking 30-40 pills...but how could that be confirmed without proper testing?)

3) She was planning to re-marry Joe DiMaggio (according to his niece), so the idea of killing herself (and not really leaving a note, or calling him) doesn’t seem to really make sense to me.

Mike



 
Mesh Posted: Fri Nov 11 21:53:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hmmm, well I'll have to admit I know very little on the subject. However quite a while ago I read an article by a forensic pathologist I believe(can't remember for certain, as it was quite some time ago) who had done some studying on the case and determined there was some pretty damning evidence to support she was murdered and then it was covered up. Maybe the Kennedys and/or the mafia were involved?



And hello there.


 
Posted: Sat Nov 12 02:42:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It was me.


 
Mesh Posted: Sat Nov 12 03:25:36 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>It was me.

You bastard. You goddamned bastard.


 
antartica Posted: Sat Nov 12 06:31:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mooser1 said:
>I just finished reading an article on Marilyn's death (this month's Playboy mag...which also has a great interview with Pacino and another good read on Super Bowl tix bookies.) .....


yeah... rrrrrright!
playboy for the articles is like saying i am eating a mars bar for the nuts... :p


lol... welcome mooser

i came across one of the conspiracy articles on this long time back and it was something like one of the federal agencies coz the president shafted her or something like that... canna rememebr now...


 
addi Posted: Sat Nov 12 07:02:50 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:

>playboy for the articles is like saying i am eating a mars bar for the nuts... :p

I read the Wall Street Journal for the pictures
: )

I have always gone with the suicide theory presented, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if in fact it was something else. There were some loose cannons running around in high positions at that time and Marilyn had powerful friends and enemies in the government, FBI, mafia, and Hollywood.

and welcome to GT mooser


 
Posted: Sat Nov 12 13:18:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  PS Antartica: Your avatar just made me miss my childhood. Shel Silverstein was/is wonderful for me to read.

Even now that I'm mostly all grown up, his website is still an example of everything I miss about being a kid: http://shelsilverstein.com/indexSite.html


 
beetlebum Posted: Sat Nov 12 14:35:09 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Everytime I see the name of this thread I think, "Who killed Davey Moore? Why and what's the reason for?"

or something like that.

WHERE DID THAT COME FROM??


 
antartica Posted: Sun Nov 13 09:23:09 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>PS Antartica: Your avatar just made me miss my childhood. Shel Silverstein was/is wonderful for me to read.
>
>Even now that I'm mostly all grown up, his website is still an example of everything I miss about being a kid: http://shelsilverstein.com/indexSite.html


heh... that's some kiddy book huh?
first time i read it many many moons ago... i felt like it was the heaviest book i'd ever read...


 
Howitzer Posted: Mon Nov 14 10:56:10 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:

>yeah... rrrrrright!
>playboy for the articles is like saying i am eating a mars bar for the nuts... :p


Playboy pays as much for their articles as Time does, it is really quality writing. THe Monroe article was throughly researched and was surprisingly good. I have no real opinion on it...it is another conspiracy theory.


 
antartica Posted: Mon Nov 14 18:18:09 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Howitzer said:
>Playboy pays as much for their articles as Time does, it is really quality writing. THe Monroe article was throughly researched and was surprisingly good. I have no real opinion on it...it is another conspiracy theory.

i know... i used to tell peeps i enjoy their articles. but that was the response i'd use to get... :p


 
mat_j Posted: Thu Nov 17 08:37:55 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>Everytime I see the name of this thread I think, "Who killed Davey Moore? Why and what's the reason for?"
>

"Not I," says the referee,
"Don't point your finger at me!"




 
beetlebum Posted: Sat Nov 19 11:16:02 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>beetlebum said:
>>Everytime I see the name of this thread I think, "Who killed Davey Moore? Why and what's the reason for?"
>>
>
>"Not I," says the referee,
>"Don't point your finger at me!"
>
>

And the mystery is solved! I can't believe I didn't realize I was thinking of Bob in the first place. Muchas gracias.


 



[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]