Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Thank U
addi Posted: Wed Nov 23 09:07:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Thanksgiving is an American holiday i know, but it was a tradition in my family growing up to sit around the table before we ate and express things we were thankful for.
So, in keeping with this tradition, I wanted to say a few words...

Thank U
(Addison Morissette)

*for the full effect try to imagine me singing this naked standing in the middle of a busy street

how bout getting off on mixtape music
how bout typing thoughts when I should work
how bout them insightful passionate posts
how bout that ever elusive JQ

thank you regulars
thank you lurkers
thank you DBF’s
thank you silliness
thank you thoughtfulness
thank you thank you GT

how bout me not blaming conservatives for everything
how bout us enjoying our uniqueness for once
how bout how good it feels to laugh till I cry
how bout grieving and caring for one of our own

thank you regulars
thank you lurkers
thank you DBF’s
thank you ignorance
thank you wisdom
thank you thank you GT

the memories I let go of are replaced
by memories yet to come
the friends that move me to frown
are the friends that move me to smile

how bout no longer taking this place for granted
how bout rising above my petty needs
how bout unabashedly expressing my opinions
how bout not always equating differences as a diss

thank you regulars
thank you lurkers
thank you DBF’s
thank you unity
thank you controversy
thank you thank you GT

*Happy Turkey Day to my American GT buds

Ed Posted: Wed Nov 23 11:25:10 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yay you

you should do the theme to Cheers

Mesh Posted: Wed Nov 23 11:35:01 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Thank YOU, addi addison.

If you don't mind me calling you addi addison. If you do, just kick my shin and I'll cease to do so.

addi Posted: Wed Nov 23 11:56:36 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ed said:

>you should do the theme to Cheers

I shall ponder it, ed. Good idea

meshuggah said:
>If you don't mind me calling you addi addison.

You can call me Addi. You can call me Addison. You can call me Mark. Just don't call me Johnson!

: )

libra Posted: Wed Nov 23 12:26:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  oh yay, good job addi!

Mark Posted: Wed Nov 23 12:36:44 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Thanks for this cheerful moment addi :)

Posted: Wed Nov 23 13:03:07 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  wonderful :D

Mesh Posted: Wed Nov 23 13:09:44 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I agree with everyone said in this topic.

colon letter d

kurohyou Posted: Wed Nov 23 13:51:45 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  That was great!!!! I laughed for the first time today...

Thanks for Sharing Addi.

For what it's worth...

Beep Posted: Wed Nov 23 17:03:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  what exactly is thanksgiving?
heh, i'm not american, but i like this topic.

Ed Posted: Wed Nov 23 17:29:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Beep said:
>what exactly is thanksgiving?

It's an annual opportunity to exploit your family for their so-called talent for cooking.

Mesh Posted: Wed Nov 23 18:07:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've enquired the meaning behind it from a couple of long haired, birkenstock wearing, patchouli smelling young people, and they informed me it is an annual celebration of taking land from the aboriginal americans and giving them smallpox infected blankets and.

So I think I may have been misled somewhat.

Mesh Posted: Wed Nov 23 18:10:42 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
> and giving them smallpox infected blankets AND.
>

???????????? We are waiting!!!!!

addi Posted: Wed Nov 23 19:22:46 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Beep said:

>heh, i'm not american,

God bless you, Beep

: )

GT has literally caused me tears (sorry, Christophe), joy, laughter, reflection, anger...the entire spectrum of human emotions really. This was just my very small way of being thankful I found his place and ya'll.

*yes, I'm off from work for 5 days and I'm buzzed on margaritas tonight

Mesh Posted: Wed Nov 23 19:30:02 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yes, breaks from work sure are awesome.

antartica Posted: Wed Nov 23 23:24:11 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  what would we ever do without you Addi bro... you da man!!!!!

anyways, though we dun celebrate thanksgiving in Dingapore, or for that matter this whole side of the world (i think)... a happy holidays to all our American Friends =)

remember... don't drink and drive....

when you can smoke and fly... :p

Posted: Wed Nov 23 23:50:34 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Our Canadian thanksgiving was a month and a half ago. Same general ideas, just earlier.

I'm just peeved I miss the Detroit/Atlanta game tomorrow because of work. Detroit football is a stape of Thanksgiving.

choke Posted: Thu Nov 24 00:06:58 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm thankful for my families.

All of them.

sweet p Posted: Thu Nov 24 00:35:45 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Gobble Gobble to my american darlings.
Eat double for me, eh.

Nice song, Addi.
My family will not let go of the tradition and we HAVE to go around the table..even guests. This year mums got too emotional and every person at the table [except my aunt]ended up crying. It was really something very odd for me. Sometimes I think I should make a movie about my family.

addi Posted: Thu Nov 24 06:24:43 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Thanks for all the nice responses people. You guys are my online extended family.
I need to remember to stay away from here when I've been drinking : )

No work today...a chance to sleep in late and I'm up and making coffee at 5:45 am. Damn internal body clock! Ya get so used to waking up early every day that when you don't have to your body still says "Wake up!" anyway.

I know what you're talking about P. Sometimes I cringed when I was young and we had to do that. It seemed kinda artificial and forced to go around and say what we were thankful for, instead of it being spontaneous and genuine.

Crim, I'll be watching the game today, and of course you know who I'll be pulling for....(Go Vick!)

Will be picking up a 10 foot pine this weekend to use as a Christmas tree (love the smell). Already that time of the year again.

and now I'm just blabbering away like a plinker...meh
Have a good Thanksgiving everyone.

beetlebum Posted: Thu Nov 24 08:33:10 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My family has the "thank you" tradition as well, and I actually *like* it. I really miss them.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! While you're eating, I'll be in a tutorial getting my ass kicked. Yesss.

Mesh Posted: Thu Nov 24 09:07:56 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well happy day of thanks to those who celebrate it.

choke Posted: Thu Nov 24 12:56:15 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm going to put my Thanksgiving journal entry on here because it applies to all of you as well.

Dear world.

Today is Thanksgiving in America and I figured I'd get into the spirit of things.

Firstly, I am thankful to my family. I love them, I love everything about them. I love how honest we can be to each other and how staunchly we stick up for each other if anyone else tries to do the same. I am so thankful that I have been able to grow up around these amazing people and watch them grow. I am thankful for how they have shaped me, for how much more understanding I gain of them every year. I love every memory I have of them and I am thankful that they are all happy. I am thankful that I have not suffered any great losses in my immediate family and that I am sure of their love for me.I am thankful to have a home where it is okay to fart and admit to it.

I am thankful to my friends. You have all stood by me, you have made me laugh when I feared I never would again. I am so grateful for you guys, you brighten up my life and make me want to brighten up other peoples. I am thankful of all the conversations we have shared, how much we have learnt about each other and about ourselves through our friendships. I am thankful that I can love you as closely as my family and not fear rejection. I am thankful that you let me be myself. I am grateful to you, for putting in the effort it takes to build lasting bonds and I will not lose contact with you, it is my solemn promise.

Together, you guys build the base I can rely on. I can carry on without fear into anything I do because I am always aware of the love I have back home.

I am thankful to my host family, for taking me into their home and hearts. For allowing me to see their differences and view the world from another angle. I am thankful that they accept me, and that we are at the stage where we can just chill together.

I am thankful to every teacher I have ever had, I have genuine gratitude for so many teachers for their encouragement and the things they have taught me, not just about school, but about life.

I am thankful to anyone I have had a relationship with, no matter how it ended I always remember the good parts and it makes me feel warm to know that once, someone cared about me that way. They have taught me so much about life and love and brought out the best in me.

I am greatful to anyone I have ever had a genuine conversation with, laughed with, cried with, anyone who has helped shape me into what I am today. I am product of all your influences, good and bad, and I am greatful that I have turned out how I have. It is all thanks to you guys. You have created me, sustained me, and given me reason to carry on. I have genuine gratitude for all of you and I hope you can know how much I love you.

Tiffany

addi Posted: Thu Nov 24 13:00:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Thanks, Tiff

This is a better place with you here

beetlebum Posted: Thu Nov 24 13:41:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I like your avatar, Addi. Fo' real.

jennemmer Posted: Thu Nov 24 14:20:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>I like your avatar, Addi. Fo' real.

It's sort of 'Ludwig a la Robert Frost'... I like it too

sweet p Posted: Thu Nov 24 14:25:32 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jennemmer said:

>It's sort of 'Ludwig a la Robert Frost'...

That's exactly what I thought.

And choke, you're a sweet girl.

Mesh Posted: Thu Nov 24 15:11:08 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm thankful you shared that with us, chokey McTiffmeister.

addi Posted: Thu Nov 24 22:37:17 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>I like your avatar, Addi. Fo' real.

Fo'real?
lol

thanks, Beetlebum, Jenn and Sweet P

Choke got me in the mood for a snow scene. This one turned out a little more reflective than I planed, but what the hey.

*I am so stuffed right now...I think I'm gonna esplode

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]