Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

5 Weird and Random Facts about yourself
CorDrine Posted: Thu Nov 24 09:44:50 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Interesting.... I posted a blog a few days ago about the subject, and I saw Mouse taking up the challenge, haha, so I though t it would be fun to post it here as well

The fab on the web recently....

Rules of the game: Post 5 Weird and Random Facts about yourself, then at the end list the names of 5 people who are next in line to do this.

1. I am clastophobic.

2. I've been keeping a diary/journal/blog since I was 13 years old and have everything about my life more or less recorded down.

3. I suffer from mild dyslexia. I often can't read words, alphabets or number in correct order. I also can't differentiate green and orange when I am under stress.

4. I'm a fatal chocoholic. My fave type of chocolate is dark chocolate mixed with coffee (preferbly expresso), the bitter-er the better!
Fave brand = Royce

5. I'm a peranakan chinese. My family can't speak mandarin at all.

This time I am tagging the following people Addi, Choke, Antartica, Meshuggah, Kurohyou

If your name is not there, heck, just continue on the thread if you like to share :) I don't mind!

addi Posted: Thu Nov 24 11:54:02 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CorDrine said:

>This time I am tagging the following people Addi

I'll get you, my pretty...and your husband too!

hmm..

1. to go along with one of yours; I suffer from a fear of heights and am very claustraphobic, and Asian females frighten me

2. My favorite sport in high school I did was pole vaulting.

3. I've snorkled in the ocean completely surrounded by sting rays and sharks

4. I'm a very picky eater, but I've tried wild diamondback rattlesnake, Leopard frogs, squirrel, rabbit, pheasant, quail, dandylion salad, moose, and a girl named Debra.

5. The first time I kissed a girl I was four. The first time I slept overnight with a girl I was in 7th grade. The first time I had intercourse I was 24.

Beetlebum, chan, wolffie, marsi, hif

Next!

choke Posted: Thu Nov 24 12:54:26 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. I don't like it when people bounce balls near me. Even the sound of it from a while away makes me get up and move. I am also afraid of handicaps and homeless people. It's really horrible and I feel really guilty about it but it's the truth.

2. I have 10 peircings and 2 tattoos because I didn't think I'd make it to 16. I still don't regret them at all.

3. I used to call my mum a hamburger when I was mad at her. I've also been told I used to talk to my poo.

4. The main reason I stopped doing drugs was because I used to always worry I had peed my pants and hadn't noticed.

5. I miss my family more than anything in the world. I could not, could NOT handle it if anything happened to them while I was away.

- I think this is the most honest 5 random facts I have ever come up with :P

addi Posted: Thu Nov 24 12:57:36 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>2. I have 10 peircings and 2 tattoos

where, pray tell?

: )

choke Posted: Thu Nov 24 13:05:41 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>where, pray tell?
>
>: )

It's not as exciting as you think, I have 8 in my ears, 1 in my bellybutton(i did that one myself) and one in my tongue. And I have a tattoo on my lower back and another on my hip/leg

addi Posted: Thu Nov 24 13:07:50 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>It's not as exciting as you think,

lol

bellybutton is tres sexy

beetlebum Posted: Thu Nov 24 13:57:02 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. I suffer from online posting anxiety; I'm not kidding. It took me months to summon the courage to post here, and even now I hesitate to write anything. It's so odd because I'm fairly confident in real life. Anyway, it makes my posts awkward and I hate it. But eh, I'm neurotic like that.

2. I used to have an imaginary friend, a tortoise, named Gortle. He disappeared when I was 5 or so, but I still cherish my memories of that little guy.

3. I once crashed my bike into a parked car, flying into the windshield, when I was 8 or so. I stumbled off of the car and fell on the ground, where I landed knuckles down on some gravel. A piece lodged itself between the pinky and the ring finger of my right hand, so now I have a scar there that's almost a perfect asterix.

4. I know St. Louis, Missouri like the back of my hand.

5. I love music. Alot.

beetlebum Posted: Thu Nov 24 13:58:50 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And also, to tag people, I tag

P, Crim, Cherry_moon, Christophe, and Jenn

If you want :D

jennemmer Posted: Thu Nov 24 14:17:04 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. I used to play the violin. I took lessons for 11 years but I never got very good because I didn't practice and so my violin teacher and I would end up talking for most of the lesson while I avoid admitting I hadn't gotten any better again that week. My mother paid for these 'useless' lessons for all 11 years because as she put it "It was a lot cheeper than therapy"

2. I have a very clear memory of an event in my childhood that never existed. I mixed up two stories in my head. In my mind I fell down a flight of stairs and landed with my head in a bucket. The truth: I did fall down a set of stairs once and my uncle couldn't handle my crying one night when he was babysitting and out of despiration put an empty ice cream pail on my head.

3. I believed for years that rocks "had babies" because my Grandpa convinced me. He "planted" rocks in the walkway he was making and when I came back next there were all sorts of little ones around it.

4. I cannot answer any question with a simple yes or no. I always have to qualify it somehow.

5. I own very few pairs of plain socks. It is hard to have an all-out bad day when you can look down and go "hee hee, I'm wearing funky socks".

The next five: libra, Dan, Dancer, Howitzer, Ahriman

Mark Posted: Thu Nov 24 17:01:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. I have fear of heights, but only when Iím on ladders and such. When I climb mountains I like those heights. And it is all because a ladder can fall down and a mountain (usually) canít.

2. The main reason I felt (and feel) attracted to my current girlfriend was that she had beaten me in a discussion and she still can.

3. Although most people know I really like rock music, almost nobody knows I like classical music as well.

4. I didnít want to get my drivers license, because I thought it wasnít useful for me. But since I got it (over 2 years ago), I found it was incredibly useful.

5. I would like to know a lot about a lot of things, but learning bits of all those subjects over time. I cannot study one subject too long or I will loose interest. For example: I study informatics and I like to create programs and stuff. I can be a incredibly good programmer within several years if I only took the time to actually get into it. But after a little while I want to know other things like philosophy or economy or religion etc.

FN Posted: Thu Nov 24 17:41:07 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. Although I write poetry, nobody in my family, and with 1 or 2 exceptions, nobody I know "in real life", knows I do so or has read one.

2. I'm terrified of needles and spiders

3. I have a scar from when my brother bit me when we were kids

4. I don't believe in equality

5. I can be tickled virtually everywhere on my body

Mesh Posted: Thu Nov 24 19:48:16 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. I'm really tired and hazy right now.
2. I'll do a real one of these later, I swear. I swear to Mithrael I will.

iggy Posted: Thu Nov 24 23:06:49 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. i am terrified by the water even though i love to swim and surf.

2. i am addicted to music, visuals and life

3. i work for love, not money

4. inside me there's a rockstar waiting to burst out

5. i want to be a muppet when i was young... i still want to be a muppet

antartica Posted: Thu Nov 24 23:37:50 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. i play the electric organ (yamaha) for about 8 years, i got all the way to grade 5 and dropped out...

2. i can sit on the dunny and finish a novel

3. i got 10 piercings in each ear. i on my tongue, and 4 tattoos

4. i've administered an intraveous drip on myself once (for those of you who know what this is, you'll know how much fun it is. i've had both arms done at the same time, and i can do one in under 3 seconds

5. i'll try eating anything once, even tried wild yam that caused my throat to itch and swell... but hey, i've been there and done that

Posted: Fri Nov 25 00:16:19 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm cheating, sort of. This is from my blog just a little while ago:

Ten Facts that Probably Should Upset Me, But Don't

1. I own more ties than socks. When I say socks, here, I mean individual socks: I own 49 ties, and about 15 or so pairs of socks. It's not that I go through socks quickly, either, because I don't. I just own way too many ties for my own good.

2. I've never seen the entire Godfather trilogy. I haven't even seen part II, and I only saw the first one about a month ago.

3. As much indie-cred as I'd like to think I have, the band with the most albums in my catalogue is Pearl Jam, mainstream grunge and all. It's not that I like them best - that's not the case. I just happened to have an excess of cashflow when I was in my grunge rock phase, and they have a lot of records out. A lot.

4. I have 7 pairs of shoes, but I don't own a pair of sneakers, or running shoes of any kind. I haven't for about 3 years now; I have brown casual shoes, brown dress shoes, black dress shoes, burgandy dress shoes, casual loafers, football (soccer) spikes, and golf spikes. That's it.

5. Even with my newly-purchased whiteboard/bulletin board combo, I am entirely unorganized. Old school notes and overdue notices for a variety of things lie scattered and tattered across my bedroom floor.

6. I can't tell the difference between Pepsi and Coca-Cola.

7. I'm a severe lightweight when it comes to alcohol. Seriously: 5 beers in a night and I'm drunker than drunk.

8. I've probably spent more time socializing in a video game than I have in real life. Seriously. But then, I was a sexy cat-lady. Socializing was the shit.

9. Even though I now love my Numark turntables for playing vintage records (vintage records + having a beard = instant indie street cred), I originally bought them because I thought I was going to be a world-class scratch-DJ.

10. Despite looking like I'm in decent shape, I'm not. My weight is below average and although I look like I'm feeling physically fine most anytime you see me, the truth is that I sleep about 4 hours any given night and eat the least healthy diet you've ever heard of. The amount of excercise I get in a day is somewhere between slim and none. Beyond all explanation, I somehow remain just as in shape as I was when I was 18, working out lightly and playing soccer daily. It's all very strange to me, but I'm probably gonna die by the time I'm 50 or so. Still, that's old enough for me.

Dancer Posted: Fri Nov 25 00:18:29 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. i hate people talking behind my back ( i mean literally talking behind me ) it frustrates me, i try to walk away.

2. i like to sing in the showers and i'll try to hum and come up with some tunes, and then i'll think to myself i wanna be a composer. it's like one of the best job in the world. but reality strikes me, i do not know how to play the piano.

3. i cry easily when i watch shows, if it happens to be a sad show (like recently tv showed I AM SAM), i normally prepare a towel.

4. i am a Dakota Fanning fan. This girl is an amazing actress!

5. nowadays i'm beginning to talk to myself.. like mumbling under my breath.. i hope it's not signs of aging.. damn. (addi, do you have these problems? :)

choke Posted: Fri Nov 25 00:38:22 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Dancer said:
>1. i hate people talking behind my back ( i mean literally talking behind me ) it frustrates me, i try to walk away.
>
Whoa I hate that too!

>3. i cry easily when i watch shows, if it happens to be a sad show (like recently tv showed I AM SAM), i normally prepare a towel.
>
I cry in sad movies AND happy ones :S

libra Posted: Fri Nov 25 02:03:49 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. I'm really bad about apologizing, or taking blame in any way. Also admitting I am wrong. I can never do those things well.

2. I'm a hypochondriac. i secretly think that i have every disease i hear about. But i would never go to the doctor about it.

3. If people near me laugh, i generally think they're laughing at me. and then i worry that something's wrong.

4. I hate soda and broccoli

5. I can only have cheese in a dish if there are at least two other ingredients.

DanSRose Posted: Fri Nov 25 02:13:28 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. From the time I was about 10 or 11, I thought I would die by the age of 14. There was soething special about 14 and I knew I'd live past my Bar Mitzvah. I think this is why I'm so lost now- I'm living 8 years now (8? eeesh!) on borrowed time.

2. I have about 4 full length novel(las) in the works. They all are intensely personal, border-line personal fantasies, and come from my not-dreams (see #3)

3. The only way I can go to sleep is to think of stories and start doing plot/character develop in my head. Or I do "Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda's". Or I make lists or think of the past. I've been doing this since I was 8 (at least). Reading a study of hypnotism (a forensics prof. told us how his wife couldn't handle epidurals so they hypnotized her against the pain of childbirth; it sounded interesting- anyway), I found that I was essentially hypnotizing myself to sleep. That's why I can't sleep well.

4. This year (from Thanksgiving '05 to Thanksgiving '06) I will make myself (a lŠ the force of Christophe): learn at least 1 new languge (maybe 2: Arabic and Italian), start a job/career in a crime lab, finish at least 1 novel/2 novellas of my hand, get a girlfriend, lose my virginity, and move. On this I swear.

5. I consider myself a man of science, but in my experiences, from what I have seen and from who I know, I am more than convinced of the supernatural and God. I know that by the Scientific Method, they will be almost impossible to prove. This personal knowledge and skepticism come from my anthropology studies and my personal explorations.

and a bonus
6. I don't know what I want but I know it's not here.

sweet p Posted: Fri Nov 25 05:31:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. I don't believe in reincarnation and I don't think I belive in past lives..but I often get these strong weird feelings..like I have lived through things that happened before I was born. I get feelings of really not belonging in THIS time.
To give you an idea: At the age of 7 I saw some photos of families during the holocaust. Familiarity, astonishment and then great sadness is the only way I can describe what I felt. Since then I have felt the same type of thing whenever I read about/see photos/hear about this part of history. The only other place and "time" this has happened with is America during the 1960's. The significant changes that occurred during this decade from politics to music are things that always feel eerily "near" to me.
I know this sounds sketchy. The only explanation I have for these feelings are my ability to truly empathise with others and my vivid imagination.

2. I only like wearing full-back underwear.

3. If I was creepier and a little more disturbed [and had a suitable victim], I could be an excellent stalker. I am super observant and subtle, I have good detective skills, and I know my way around the internet.

4. I once unknowingly met someone in real life that I had first met on the internet. I realised it after a bit but didn't want to admit it was me. So I went on pretending like I didn't know them. On my way home I felt like such a liar so the first thing I did when I got home was tell them. I am still unsure why I didn't just say something immediately. I promised myself if that type of thing ever happened again, I'd act differently.

5. I work for a woman who stands for everything I am against. I would have quit on the second day of the job if I didn't think her children still have a chance to be taught that 10 bathrooms in your house doesn't get you friends and that there are people in this world who are much older than them but still care about their thoughts and hearing about their days.

And now that you think I am completely crazy, I tag:

Kira, Ed, Mat_j, Mouse, Asswipe

addi Posted: Fri Nov 25 07:44:00 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Dancer said:

>5. nowadays i'm beginning to talk to myself.. like mumbling under my breath.. i hope it's not signs of aging.. damn. (addi, do you have these problems? :)

Ouch! Every fricking time when something about getting older comes up here my name seems to slip in.

Actually I do talk to myself sometimes, but I've been doing it for many years so I don't think it's an age thing. I have noticed though as I get older an unsettling trend to start talking to my dog and cats more....and expect responses.

CorDrine, this was a good thread idea. I've enjoyed reading everyone's responses because it's not the usual "favorite song, favorite food" type questions. I'm learning such interesting new things about people (for instance Sweet P's choice of wearing only full cut underwear. There's one fantasy shot to hell...dang!).
I want to ask questions or comment on all of the posts so far, but it would make me such a posting slut!

Mark Posted: Fri Nov 25 09:20:09 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chan said:
>5. i want to be a muppet when i was young... i still want to be a muppet
lol, I really like this one :)

addi said:
>I want to ask questions or comment on all of the posts so far, but it would make me such a posting slut!
Why not? I know you want to be one :p

kurohyou Posted: Fri Nov 25 09:26:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CorDrine said:

>This time I am tagging the following people Kurohyou

Uh-oh, on the spot. Lets see.

1.) I write an average of 400-500 pages a year in my journal. But no one has ever read any of my fiction.

2.) I've only slept with one woman and I'm married to her.

3.) I have to have symmetry in things. I can't stand buildings that are not symmetrical and it drives me crazy not to have things balanced.

4.) I didn't meet any of my family on my fathers side of the family until I was 21 years old.

5.) I've never seen the pacific ocean.

6.) and one more because I think its odd...I have 10-12 E-mail accounts. Most of which I use at any given point.

Ummm, don't know who to tag so I'll just let it roll.

For what it's worth...

kurohyou Posted: Fri Nov 25 09:30:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wolffie said:
>chan said:
>>5. i want to be a muppet when i was young... i still want to be a muppet
>lol, I really like this one :)

That is awesome. I love the muppets. I almost signed up for a wake up call from Kermit on Target's website today just for the hell of it. Thought it would be funny to get a wake up call from Kermit.

Not that it matters...

kurohyou Posted: Fri Nov 25 09:34:38 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>addi said:
>>where, pray tell?
>>
>>: )
>
>It's not as exciting as you think, I have 8 in my ears, 1 in my bellybutton(i did that one myself) and one in my tongue. And I have a tattoo on my lower back and another on my hip/leg

Tattoo's on the lower back are sexy as well. What is it, if you don't mind me asking?

kurohyou Posted: Fri Nov 25 09:35:34 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>CorDrine, this was a good thread idea. I've enjoyed reading everyone's responses because it's not the usual "favorite song, favorite food" type questions. I'm learning such interesting new things about people

Agreed, good call.

choke Posted: Fri Nov 25 09:50:32 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>
>Tattoo's on the lower back are sexy as well. What is it, if you don't mind me asking?
>
>
It's like a celtic design going across my back, with a flaming eye in the middle :) It's not a gross flaming eye though, it's like rainbow. I don't know if you've ever seen the cover for the Tool album Lateralus? Like that eye :D

I did have a photo but it's on my NZ computer..

addi Posted: Fri Nov 25 10:14:25 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wolffie said:

>addi said:
>>I want to ask questions or comment on all of the posts so far, but it would make me such a posting slut!
>Why not? I know you want to be one :p

It's true. I'm so cheap and sleazy. Once when I came out of a club drunk and dressed provocatively a gang of girls (with eye tatoos on their backs)started teasing me saying deroggatory things like, "Hey..Mr. Posting Slut!"

I guess I was asking for it.

kurohyou said:
>2.) I've only slept with one woman and I'm married to her.

I'm so very sorry, kuro.

FN Posted: Fri Nov 25 10:33:12 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>kurohyou said:
>>2.) I've only slept with one woman and I'm married to her.
>
>I'm so very sorry, kuro.

Yeah, me too. That sucks man.

CorDrine Posted: Fri Nov 25 10:33:25 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>CorDrine, this was a good thread idea. I've enjoyed reading everyone's responses ...

Yeah, I enjoy reading as well, and found some similarity in some of you! Here are some of weird stuff I share with some of you!

Libra score 3/5 similarity
2. I'm a hypochondriac. i secretly think that i have every disease i hear about. But i would never go to the doctor about it.
3. If people near me laugh, i generally think they're laughing at me. and then i worry that something's wrong.
4. I hate soda and broccoli

I found the following really amusing and cute!
Choke: 1. I don't like it when people bounce balls near me. Even the sound of it from a while away makes me get up and move.
jennemmer:
3. I believed for years that rocks "had babies" because my Grandpa convinced me. He "planted" rocks in the walkway he was making and when I came back next there were all sorts of little ones around it.

And who would have thought Christophe was 2. I'm terrified of needles and spiders

And lastly, kurohyou has overthrown addi as the posting slut by being the one replying to the most posting on this thread so far! hahaha

Glad you guys enjoyed reading it! I rip the idea off some of my friend's blog.

sweet p Posted: Fri Nov 25 10:42:25 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>(for instance Sweet P's choice of wearing only full cut underwear. There's one fantasy shot to hell...dang!).

Oh, how unfortunate.

I'm glad I erased the details I had initally added to that statement.
:D

addi Posted: Fri Nov 25 10:56:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:

>Oh, how unfortunate.

My sarcasm meter went off reading that response. Hmm...

>I'm glad I erased the details I had initally added to that statement.

I order you to add them now!

Actually, with a cute butt like yours I think it's a good idea to keep it fully covered. It's too unhealthy to expose it to the harsh canadian elements

kurohyou Posted: Fri Nov 25 10:57:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CorDrine said:
>And lastly, kurohyou has overthrown addi as the posting slut by being the one replying to the most posting on this thread so far! hahaha

Ha...its more a factor of having to work the day after Thanksgiving with nothing to do in the office. I don't think i could even be considered a posting slut. I don't think I even have 500 posts yet. perhaps a posting slut in training...

Not that it matters...

kurohyou Posted: Fri Nov 25 11:00:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah this is post 429...I don't think that even qualifies me as posting slut in training (PST) Perhaps I'm more of a APST - Aspiring Posting Slut in Training.

On a side note I don't think I've ever used the word Slut in my life and Here I've used it 5 or 6 times at this point.

Not that it matters...

DanSRose Posted: Fri Nov 25 12:01:12 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  7. I think I've been in range of depressed most of my life (yes, it comes in ranges- it's not black-and-white binary), and I know it stems from loneliness.

8. Once I start, I'm usually fine. I just don't know how to get started. Ever.

9. I doubt I will ever get a tatoo, not because of religious reasons (tatoos are taboo in Judaism), but because I will grow to hate whatever symbol I have marked myself with.

10. My first childhood crush was from a picture on the cover of a book in my 3rd grade class "library"- it was Anne Frank. The second was a girl in that class. The third was Christina Ricci, from the Addams Family.

I think Kurohyou was bragging about sleeping with only one woman, his wife.

jennemmer Posted: Fri Nov 25 13:56:03 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Bear with me... I'm going to lump all of my responses into one post:

libra:

>If people near me laugh, i generally think they're laughing at me. and then i worry that something's wrong.

I also suffer from this. Also if someone makes a comment about someone else for something like having spinach in ones teeth or the like I get all paranoid that maybe I'm the person with something in my teeth and they are just trying to be subtle.

Crim:

>I own more ties than socks. When I say socks, here, I mean individual socks: I own 49 ties, and about 15 or so pairs of socks. It's not that I go through socks quickly, either, because I don't. I just own way too many ties for my own good.

I like this one. My dad could probably say the same because he has all of the ties he's bought himself over the years plus all of the ugly ones he got from my sister and I for random occasions like fathers day when we were little. Most guys I know my age don't even want to look at the things.

Chris:

>I can be tickled virtually everywhere on my body

I take a strange satisfaction in this. I am very ticklish. All of my close guy friends know this and give me a hard time because of it and none of them are ticklish back. It is so not fair! :p

Wolffie:

>I have fear of heights, but only when Iím on ladders and such. When I climb mountains I like those heights. And it is all because a ladder can fall down and a mountain (usually) canít.

I didn't used to have a problem with heights but I'm finding I get more nervous about them as I get older. There is a 18' ladder at my work I have to climb regularly... I am always happy when I get to the top and can get off.

Beetlebum:

>I suffer from online posting anxiety; I'm not kidding. It took me months to summon the courage to post here, and even now I hesitate to write anything. It's so odd because I'm fairly confident in real life. Anyway, it makes my posts awkward and I hate it. But eh, I'm neurotic like that.

It takes me forever to write a post or an e-mail. I can spend what feels like 45 minutes on 8-10 lines and as soon as I post it I'll realize I still managed to make a spelling mistake or phrase something wrong, or just have said something stupid.

Kuro:

>I have to have symmetry in things. I can't stand buildings that are not symmetrical and it drives me crazy not to have things balanced.

I have a friend who is compulsive this way and will align the cutlery in front of him when going to restaurants. We've blown it so out of proportion we've actually turned the art of haphazardly re-arranging the items on a table into a bit of a game. It's sort of turn based but it doesn't go in any order... if you have a good idea you can go as soon as the previous person is done. (example double jump the salt shaker over the pepper shaker and the sugar despenser and on to someones bread plate). The servers all think we're nuts.

Addi:

> My favorite sport in high school I did was pole vaulting.

I like the high jump but I sucked. We never had the equipment for something like pole vault. :(

sweet p Posted: Fri Nov 25 16:48:38 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>It's too unhealthy to expose it to the harsh canadian elements

Nobody likes a chapped ass.

FN Posted: Fri Nov 25 17:40:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jennemmer said:
>Chris:
>
>>I can be tickled virtually everywhere on my body
>
>I take a strange satisfaction in this. I am very ticklish. All of my close guy friends know this and give me a hard time because of it and none of them are ticklish back. It is so not fair! :p

I see to it that nobody knows about it, but my ex girlfriends always found out, obviously.

jennemmer Posted: Fri Nov 25 17:45:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>jennemmer said:
>>Chris:
>>
>>>I can be tickled virtually everywhere on my body
>>
>>I take a strange satisfaction in this. I am very ticklish. All of my close guy friends know this and give me a hard time because of it and none of them are ticklish back. It is so not fair! :p
>
>I see to it that nobody knows about it, but my ex girlfriends always found out, obviously.

I've tried. I just can't hold a straight face quite long enough (and not long at all if surprised).

Kira Posted: Fri Nov 25 19:44:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:
>
>Kira

1. I wrote my first book when I was five years old. It was made by stapling pages together, drawing the pictures and then dictating the narrative to my mother. I continued to write these books until I learned how to read.

2. When I was nine I went through a phase where I wanted to go to school but I could not persuade my parents to allow it.

3. At around the same age I ran away from home with great frequency, once a month on average, never getting farther than a mile from home. At the time no matter how many times I tried and failed, I truly believed I did not belong where I was, and might have continued until I got myself hurt, or worse. I finally stopped when my mother sat me down and told me, very seriously, "If you really don't want to live here anymore, we'll find someplace else for you to go."

4. I have a unique superstitious side which, thankfully, I am adept at ignoring. If I were not, I would be afraid of red-haired people and believe that blue-eyed people were the most susceptible to insanity.

5. I have always gotten on well with people who are older than I and gotten on fabulously well with children, but have never had a good relationship with my peers and have never had a close friend who was closer to me in age than one year.

Double-tag: Mesh, Hif, Asswipe, Mat_J, Ahriman.

kurohyou Posted: Fri Nov 25 20:32:23 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>addi said:
>>kurohyou said:
>>>2.) I've only slept with one woman and I'm married to her.
>>
>>I'm so very sorry, kuro.
>
>Yeah, me too. That sucks man.

Why is that a bad thing. As far as I'm concerned its neither good nor bad, there are positives and negatives associated with it. However, it would seem that it has met with more of a negative view here than a positive one and I'm just curious as to why.

Not that it matters...

addi Posted: Fri Nov 25 21:26:55 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:

>Nobody likes a chapped ass.

depends on who that chapped ass is attached to

Mouse Posted: Fri Nov 25 21:39:23 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well seeing as I have been called on I shall have to come up with five new things, and the others will remain in the blog.

1. I wish that I was more like my mother than my father, except politically. (Also I have deep rooted 'hippy' ideals from her that I beat back daily)

2. I often love people purely because they love me and for no other reason that I can define.

3. I have bizarre obsessive tendencies, my computer files and kitchen has to be organized, I have to have even numbers of things and so forth, but I don't have to have things spotless all of the time and my room is a mess.

4. I rarely wear shorts and I won't wear skirts that fall above the tops of my knees.

5. I have a zillioin different intrests and no passions. Everyone I know thinks I should follow a diiferent profession.

Hmm, I think I be back with five more later.
Mouse

addi Posted: Fri Nov 25 22:14:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:

>Why is that a bad thing. As far as I'm concerned its neither good nor bad, there are positives and negatives associated with it. However, it would seem that it has met with more of a negative view here than a positive one and I'm just curious as to why.

I can't speak for Christophe. My reply was tongue in cheek. I didn't think anyone would take it too seriously.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with experiencing one lover during your lifetime.

Speaking just from my point of view (a male perspective), I think permiscuousness (sp) is overrated. Men that brag of their many sexual conquests are morons.
I also think the virtue of one lover for life is overrated.
I have had sex with more than one woman in my life. It doesn't make me any better or worse of a person when compared to any man that chooses to experience that with just one woman in his life. It just means my sexual experiences are different that another persons.
I know it comes across as doublespeak, but I don't know of any other way to honestly express my feelings on it. There are just SO many factors that come into play with each situation that it's impossible to cover every possible serario here and say "Doing that is always wrong", but "Doing this is always right".

I'm a great believer in ol' fashioned common sense and genuine caring for that person to use as guidelines in matters of sexual relationships. I do know that just figuring romantic feelings out on their own can be difficult enough by itself. When you add sex to the mix it's a bit like throwing gasoline on a fire you're trying to keep under control...it can make things both exciting and scarey.

DanSRose Posted: Fri Nov 25 23:36:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Amen Addi

Mesh Posted: Fri Nov 25 23:38:01 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Le sigh, I guess I should get on with it. None of these will probably be intersting, and they may be things I've mentioned in the past.

1. I can't stand light. Can. Not. Stand it. If there is no one over at my house at nighttime, I turn every light in the house off. I even have clocks and such covered because the lights from those annoy me. I have every inch of my house memorized, and I know where everything is at, even if its something small that I often move, so that I can walk around and do things in total darkness. And I cannot have any light at all when I sleep. In my bedroom, I have a black sheet completely covering the window over the shades, and that sheet is taped to the wall around all the edges so that no light can pass through. I cover up my clock and my cable box with black t-shirts so that no light comes from those. I put a black piece of electrical tape over the little green light on the smoke-detector as well. If there is any light at all, I cannot sleep. I don't even have to be able to see it without looking directly at it, just knowing that it is there bothers me and I can't sleep.

2. I enjoy emotional things/sappy things, etc. I like sad and romantic movies, poetry, songs and the like. I don't let many people know that though.

3. When there is a song playing in another room, I hear a completely different song than what is actually playing. For instance, I play music in winamp, and I don't have any play lists or anything, so whatever song I have playing just keeps repeating itself until I switch it. I usually leave whatever song I am playing at the moment on when I leave the computer for awhile to go somewhere. And when I come back, and I am walking towards the computer room, I know what song is playing, but I very, very clearly hear an entirely different song than what the real song is. Different rythms and beats, different vocals, different instruments being used, different style of music altogether. Its very weird, and cool.

4. I'm one of those people that I label "a nice mean person." Its....hard to explain I guess. People generally think of me as being a very kind and easy going guy, but at the same time I am also quick tempered and easily annoyed, and I make it well known to whoever is irritating me that they are pissing me off, and I am very mean about it.

5. I'm not a fan of religion. At all. However, learning about religions and religious philosophies is something that interests me greatly.

6. I have an uncanny ability to create run-on sentences. Did you notice?

7. I listen to Enya.

Mesh Posted: Fri Nov 25 23:41:18 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>
>
>7. I listen to Enya.

8. And Moby.

Mouse Posted: Sat Nov 26 00:11:56 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>5. I can be tickled virtually everywhere on my body

I used to be like that, I was so bad you could threaten to tickle me and I'd squirm, now I'm invincible. My boyfriend is ticklish though sadly I think I'm breaking him of it. :(
Mouse

libra Posted: Sat Nov 26 04:06:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>Le sigh, I guess I should get on with it. None of these will probably be intersting, and they may be things I've mentioned in the past.
>
>
>1. I can't stand light. Can. Not. Stand it. If there is no one over at my house at nighttime, I turn every light in the house off. I even have clocks and such covered because the lights from those annoy me. I have every inch of my house memorized, and I know where everything is at, even if its something small that I often move, so that I can walk around and do things in total darkness. And I cannot have any light at all when I sleep. In my bedroom, I have a black sheet completely covering the window over the shades, and that sheet is taped to the wall around all the edges so that no light can pass through. I cover up my clock and my cable box with black t-shirts so that no light comes from those. I put a black piece of electrical tape over the little green light on the smoke-detector as well. If there is any light at all, I cannot sleep. I don't even have to be able to see it without looking directly at it, just knowing that it is there bothers me and I can't sleep.
>

Oh, I do the same thing!! There are t-shirts and towels over all the lights in my room...and when i moved to my apartment we had to change my curtains because i knew the ones that were here already would let too much light in...

everyone else thinks i'm crazy...

addi Posted: Sat Nov 26 07:16:29 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:

>1. And I cannot have any light at all when I sleep. In my bedroom, I have a black sheet completely covering the window over the shades, and that sheet is taped to the wall around all the edges so that no light can pass through.

You remind me of my son. When he still lived here we put shades and heavy curtains over his bedroom windows..but Noooo! that wasn't good enough. Light..terrible nasty light would still come through so he had to put towels and sheets over them to block out any rays of sunlight.
Weirdness : )

And you are a nice mean person, mesh...but mostly really nice.

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Nov 26 09:46:56 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. When I was 11 years old, I used to stay up late and watch those old classic horror movies (Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman, etc.) on TV and then go to bed and pull the covers over my head as if that would protect me from the monsters.

2. I served in the US Navy from 1975 to 1979. I am as proud of that service as anything I've done in this life.

3. I've been married three times in my life. It most definitely takes two to make a marriage work, but it only takes one to break it. The first failed marriage was my fault, the second was not. I found something in my third and I love her as I've never loved another. The fire burns brightly in this one.

4. When I sleep at night, I ususally stick my feet out from underneath the covers because they get hot, even in the winter.

5. I am very punctual to the point of being anal about it. If someone says 5 o'clock, then I have to be there at least 10 minutes early. I'm this way about movies, concerts, etc.
I also expect puncutality from others, and consider it rude for people to show up late for whatever occassion without an explanation.

FN Posted: Sat Nov 26 10:02:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>5. I am very punctual to the point of being anal about it. If someone says 5 o'clock, then I have to be there at least 10 minutes early. I'm this way about movies, concerts, etc.
>I also expect puncutality from others, and consider it rude for people to show up late for whatever occassion without an explanation.

Damn right

beetlebum Posted: Sat Nov 26 10:08:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:
>1. I don't believe in reincarnation and I don't think I belive in past lives..but I often get these strong weird feelings..like I have lived through things that happened before I was born. I get feelings of really not belonging in THIS time.
>To give you an idea: At the age of 7 I saw some photos of families during the holocaust. Familiarity, astonishment and then great sadness is the only way I can describe what I felt. Since then I have felt the same type of thing whenever I read about/see photos/hear about this part of history. The only other place and "time" this has happened with is America during the 1960's. The significant changes that occurred during this decade from politics to music are things that always feel eerily "near" to me.
>I know this sounds sketchy. The only explanation I have for these feelings are my ability to truly empathise with others and my vivid imagination.
>
>
I don't think that's all that weird. I wish I felt something like that about some decade or era. I can see auras, though, if that makes you feel any better. I thought I was the only one until I confided in my parents, and my dad, who is as hardass/sensible as they come, told me he could see them, too. Which made me feel better. : )

marsi Posted: Sat Nov 26 10:27:41 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
> marsi
>Next!

1. I like fairy tales and I like romantic movies, that end like fairy tales.

2. I cry easily watching a movie, but the only time I cried reading a book was The bridge across forever by R. Bach.

3. Whenever I go for a walk in snow, I take an umbrella with me. And I hit the branches of trees with it, so the snow won't break the branches.

4. I like ice-skating.

5. I fell in love with the "brains" of a teacher. I am not interested in him otherwise, I just love to hear him talk (he is a very wise man).

addi Posted: Sat Nov 26 10:41:11 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>4. When I sleep at night, I ususally stick my feet out from underneath the covers because they get hot, even in the winter.

I'm exactly the opposite. I have to have my feet covered entirely, even in the summer, or I can't sleep.

beetlebum said:
>I can see auras

What do they look like? Are they colors? Are they different for each person? Can you determine something about the person from their aura?

marsi said:
>3.Whenever I go for a walk in snow, I take an umbrella with me. And I hit the branches of trees with it, so the snow won't break the branches.

I can hear trees talking. They say, "Thank you, marsi".

*sometimes they also say, "We hate Orcs!"

beetlebum Posted: Sat Nov 26 10:50:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>4. When I sleep at night, I ususally stick my feet out from underneath the covers because they get hot, even in the winter.
>
>I'm exactly the opposite. I have to have my feet covered entirely, even in the summer, or I can't sleep.

Well, it looks like you two aren't the same after all. What a shock! *snarky grin*
>
>beetlebum said:
>>I can see auras
>
>What do they look like? Are they colors? Are they different for each person? Can you determine something about the person from their aura?

They look like... auras. Lol. I mean, someimes they're smooth, sometimes they're spikey. I suppose it depends on the person/their mood.

Yes, each person's aura is different, although most people seem to have a primary colour.

I don't know about determining anything. I've never researched it, nor do I want to. I've deduced some general conclusions (i.e. spikey aura=anger, upset), but that's about it. And even those conclusions are a bit dodgy.

>
>marsi said:
>>3.Whenever I go for a walk in snow, I take an umbrella with me. And I hit the branches of trees with it, so the snow won't break the branches.
>
>I can hear trees talking. They say, "Thank you, marsi".
>
>*sometimes they also say, "We hate Orcs!"

Lol. Whenever I walk after the rain, if I see an earthworm that's gone and gotten itself in a dry patch, like the sidewalk, I'll pick it up and place it gently in the grass. I don't know if that's saving them, but I'd like to think it helps. But actually, I probably do it because I'm OCD for some reason. :D I like the idea of someone walking along and hitting trees with his/her umbrella; it makes me laugh. In a good way.

addi Posted: Sat Nov 26 11:10:03 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:

>Well, it looks like you two aren't the same after all. What a shock! *snarky grin*

smart alec : )

>They look like... auras. Lol. I mean, someimes they're smooth, sometimes they're spikey. I suppose it depends on the person/their mood.

Well that's just unsettling. Now I don't know if I should ever meet for a beer with you. I'll be uptight about you not listening to me, but concentrating on my aura instead. With my luck that day I'd have large pulsating spikes that are green (which would mean I'm horny), and I wouldn't want you to know that.

Mesh Posted: Sat Nov 26 12:22:49 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I see extreme beauty in imperfections.

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Nov 26 12:29:51 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>addi said:
>>ifihadahif said:
>>
>>>4. When I sleep at night, I ususally stick my feet out from underneath the covers because they get hot, even in the winter.
>>
>>I'm exactly the opposite. I have to have my feet covered entirely, even in the summer, or I can't sleep.
>
>Well, it looks like you two aren't the same after all. What a shock! *snarky grin*
>>
Is it possible ?
Could it be ?
Have we discovered an genetic indicator that illustrates the difference between liberals and smart people ?

Mark Posted: Sat Nov 26 12:29:57 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Wolffie said:
>
>>addi said:
>>>I want to ask questions or comment on all of the posts so far, but it would make me such a posting slut!
>>Why not? I know you want to be one :p
>
>It's true. I'm so cheap and sleazy. Once when I came out of a club drunk and dressed provocatively a gang of girls (with eye tatoos on their backs)started teasing me saying deroggatory things like, "Hey..Mr. Posting Slut!"
>
>I guess I was asking for it.
You werenít offended by it, were you? It wasnít meant to be offendingÖ

A strange thing happened today. During work I had to climb a ladder. While I was working (and was still on that ladder), I realized I had no fear. It felt pretty strange and puzzled me. SoÖ this probably would mean that the fact I gave you all, isnít a fact anymoreÖ so I will give you a new one:

1. My nickname didnít come from my addiction for wolves, but came from the game Wolfenstein and evolved in what it is today.

Ed Posted: Sat Nov 26 13:59:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wolffie said:
>1. My nickname didnít come from my addiction for wolves, but came from the game Wolfenstein

Which one? the original, 3-D, Return to Castle Wolfenstein...

addi Posted: Sat Nov 26 15:37:50 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wolffie said:

>You werenít offended by it, were you? It wasnít meant to be offendingÖ

No. I was just being a smart ass referring to the thread about sleazy girls getting into trouble. Sometimes my train of thought derails and goes its own way.

Mark Posted: Sun Nov 27 05:00:33 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ed said:
>Wolffie said:
>>1. My nickname didnít come from my addiction for wolves, but came from the game Wolfenstein
>
>Which one? the original, 3-D, Return to Castle Wolfenstein...
Wolfenstein 3-D

supergrass Posted: Sun Nov 27 18:41:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. sometimes i hear my voice shouting my name in the morning trying to wake me up
2. i write a poem in a paper and then i smoke it
3. i imagine myself making love to my history teacher when she starts talking about the revolution of mexico
4. when i eat very much sugar i get very hyperactive and i start building up an alter ego of me (i have an imaginary friend in my head named virgfilio)
5. nietszche was my idol when i was 12
6. i feel ridiculous of almost all the things i do
5. i cant follow an order, i think its an illness but i dont know the name

FN Posted: Sun Nov 27 18:47:10 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think you have issues worth looking into.

addi Posted: Sun Nov 27 18:48:40 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  supergrass said:

>3. i imagine myself making love to my history teacher when she starts talking about the revolution of mexico

What do you imagine when she talks about the French Revolution?

Mesh Posted: Sun Nov 27 20:30:16 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>What do you imagine when she talks about the French Revolution?

Decapitating her.

loolohlolokkhhooololololloloholol

DanSRose Posted: Sun Nov 27 20:30:25 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hello, Supergrass! Your list is no weirder than mine.
As to your #3, I had the same problem, but it was with Natalie Portman. And a close friend. But not with the RevoluciÚn.

Mesh Posted: Sun Nov 27 20:33:44 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ms. Portman and I are getting married, kind sir.

Mesh Posted: Sun Nov 27 20:40:07 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  supergrass said:
>list

Pleased to meet you, Hope you guess my name

Kira Posted: Sun Nov 27 20:57:38 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I was surprised to see Natalie Portman in Mars Attacks! the other day. I had not known she was in that.

Dan: Your avatar is highly entertaining, although when I first saw it I thought it was Hebrew.. for some reason...

/off-topic randomness

DanSRose Posted: Sun Nov 27 21:08:19 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mars Attacks! is on right now in NY, but I've seen it a dozen or so times and I'm going to the gym.
I want to see her in V For Vendetta. If the next comic-to-movie isn't 1602 I will be pissed.

I have a crazy list of 10, and will of Jebus, Spongebob, and the Flying Spagetthi Monster on my side.

Ahriman Posted: Mon Nov 28 06:26:03 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. Most of my scars are from fights. One of which came from a sucker punch with a ring on(right cheek).

2. When I go out hunting, I sit under a tree, unload my gun, and simply watch nature all day.

3. I like to take walks in the dark. The darkness is soothing.

4. Sometimes my body does things and my mind is elsewhere. I finished the AP US history exam without knowing I did it.

5. I love to put myself in dangerous situations. Adrenaline junky here

addi Posted: Mon Nov 28 06:54:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:

>2. When I go out hunting, I sit under a tree, unload my gun, and simply watch nature all day.

Good for you, Ahriman. The best way to hunt.

>4. Sometimes my body does things and my mind is elsewhere.

I hear ya. The other day I had sex and didn't even remember having it.

>5. I love to put myself in dangerous situations. Adrenaline junky here

Try dressing real sleazy, drinking till you're three sheets to the wind, and then walking alone down a dark alley at night where nasty gangs of tatooed girls are known to hang out.
That would be an adrenaline rush for you.

choke Posted: Mon Nov 28 19:52:32 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
where nasty gangs of tatooed girls are known to hang out.

Hey now..

addi Posted: Mon Nov 28 21:16:57 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>addi said:
> where nasty gangs of tatooed girls are known to hang out.
>
>Hey now..

you got it : )
I was wondering if you'd pass over that little remark meant especially for you.

No, seriously...I have nothing but the utmost respect for tatooed ladies. They're chock full of inky goodness and wholesomeness

sweet p Posted: Tue Nov 29 06:55:11 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>I can see auras, though, if that makes you feel any better.

I think that's neat.
I have always thought that I could FEEL the equivalent of auras...in feelings form..? I am attracted to specific kinds and I guess I filter out others...

But it's something really subconcious and I don't really know I am doing anything at all. I only realise later on, after I have randomly picked on strangers and once I have established some sort of connection with them, that the energies [I guess they would be called] between us are always very similar to other people I befriend randomly.

If that made any sense at all......

addi Posted: Tue Nov 29 07:05:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:

>I have always thought that I could FEEL the equivalent of auras...in feelings form..? I am attracted to specific kinds and I guess I filter out others...

Something tells me people give out a lot of unseen information about themselves that only certain people have the "gift" of seeing.

*if I ever make it up there Sweet I'll let you feel my aura

sweet p Posted: Tue Nov 29 07:10:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>*if I ever make it up there Sweet I'll let you feel my aura

sweet.
: P

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Nov 29 08:05:18 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:
>beetlebum said:
>>I can see auras, though, if that makes you feel any better.
>
>I think that's neat.
>I have always thought that I could FEEL the equivalent of auras...in feelings form..? I am attracted to specific kinds and I guess I filter out others...
>
>But it's something really subconcious and I don't really know I am doing anything at all. I only realise later on, after I have randomly picked on strangers and once I have established some sort of connection with them, that the energies [I guess they would be called] between us are always very similar to other people I befriend randomly.
>
>If that made any sense at all......
>
hmmmm, I wonder what you feel when you are talking to me . . .

beetlebum Posted: Tue Nov 29 10:07:56 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:
>beetlebum said:
>>I can see auras, though, if that makes you feel any better.
>
>I think that's neat.
>
>But it's something really subconcious and I don't really know I am doing anything at all. I only realise later on, after I have randomly picked on strangers and once I have established some sort of connection with them, that the energies [I guess they would be called] between us are always very similar to other people I befriend randomly.
>
>If that made any sense at all......

I know exactly what you mean. The thing is, although I can see auras, I don't consciously assign meanings to them. In other words, I haven't researched what the colours/shapes mean. In a way, it's just one more thing that contributes to my intuition about people. It sounds to me as though you are much better at following your intuition than other people, or at least you listen more. Most people have/get feelings about other people I'm guessing, but sometimes they just don't listen.

And so far as energies go, you are exactly right about that. If you can see auras, you can see energy travelling between two/a group of people, and certain energies match better than others. (Or so I've gathered)

beetlebum Posted: Tue Nov 29 10:09:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Sweet P said:
>>beetlebum said:
>>>I can see auras, though, if that makes you feel any better.
>>
>>I think that's neat.
>>I have always thought that I could FEEL the equivalent of auras...in feelings form..? I am attracted to specific kinds and I guess I filter out others...
>>
>>But it's something really subconcious and I don't really know I am doing anything at all. I only realise later on, after I have randomly picked on strangers and once I have established some sort of connection with them, that the energies [I guess they would be called] between us are always very similar to other people I befriend randomly.
>>
>>If that made any sense at all......
>>
>hmmmm, I wonder what you feel when you are talking to me . . .
>
I've never spoken with you, but I would imagine, in the words of Led Zeppelin, that I would feel a whole lotta love. Grin. You're great, Hif. :D

Ed Posted: Sat Dec 3 09:43:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1) I love using a typewriter instead of hand-writing things. It's faster and somewhat permanent in comparison with using a computer. With a computer, I'm constantly stopping and going back to cut out something I suddenly decide that I don't like.

2) I was a nihilist, between the ages of 11 and 15.

Maybe the other three will come out while I slack off at work.

misszero Posted: Sun Dec 4 03:16:07 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>...in the words of Led Zeppelin...

everything is better in the words of led zep.

Mouse Posted: Sun Dec 4 12:47:34 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. I am one of the most socially awkward people I know, since my early childhood I have had four close friends and have only made a few more since then.

2. I can curse or pray in Arabic, say random things and semi-translate Latin, understand some Spanish, and know a few words of Japanese; but I don't speak any language other than English.

3. I have never killed a vertabrate intentionally in my memory.

4. People have an odd habit of liking me which I don't understand in the least.

5. If I ever had to change my name I would change it to Kathleen Sabatka.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]