Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

poll question
choke Posted: Fri Dec 2 23:37:00 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Just wondering, for those of you who picked indifferent, why? If you broke up with them, what does it matter if they aren't upset by it?

CorDrine Posted: Fri Dec 2 23:46:08 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>Just wondering, for those of you who picked indifferent, why? If you broke up with them, what does it matter if they aren't upset by it?

feel cheated i guess, cause the relationship didn't matter to the other person?

Mesh Posted: Sat Dec 3 01:11:28 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I voted unwilling. I don't like hurting people. If the other person is indifferent, then I'll feel somewhere along the lines of "Well good thing I ended it now if they don't care enough to even be a little sad." Or something like that.

sweet p Posted: Sat Dec 3 02:47:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think it would really depend on why you wanted to break up in the first place.

If you really don't like the person anymore it shouldn't matter whether or not they are indifferent.

Just think though..if you wanted to break up because they weren't treating you nicely anymore and it was making you sad, this would be the icing on the cake..a huge kick in the ass. It would back up your decision but be pretty tough to take.
"You don't love me anymore!" *sob*
"Yeah. I know."
"*sobsob*"

Also, recently I was introduced to a new concept. I had never thought of trying to break up with someone just to have them try to convince you not to. I really couldn't understand this for a while but as it was explained to me - sometimes you aren't sure what is best in a relationship [what is/isn't worth it, what love really means, etc] and there are these things like communication problems and closed up people...Sometimes you just don't know if you are on the same page anymore and wanting to break up with someone might mean wanting to know if the relationship means anything to the other person anymore...?

I chose the unwilling one anyway. Maybe it's because I applied it to my real life situations and anyone I would have ever broken up with was someone I loved. I have never broken up with someone that I disliked. I feel like just how a relationship starts as a mutual thing [with weird exceptions], the healthiest break-ups are also just as mutual. But this is also because I don't have much experience otherwise..so I wouldn't know.

But yeah..

addi Posted: Sat Dec 3 07:44:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:

>Just think though..if you wanted to break up because they weren't treating you nicely anymore and it was making you sad, this would be the icing on the cake..a huge kick in the ass. It would back up your decision but be pretty tough to take.

yup
Every break up situation is different. If you don't care at all for the person anymore then their reaction to you ending things won't be much of an issue.

But I'd say most of the time it's like Sweet P's example: The other person starts treating you crappy so, even though you still have strong feelings for them, you decide to end things. An "I don't care" attitude back from them would be a like a hard blow to your gut. Nothing is more insulting than an apathetic indifferent attitude back from someone you have feelings for.

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Dec 3 10:16:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  If they are indifferent to you and it bothers you that they are indifferent, then hire an attorney.
That will really get the emotions in an uproar.
I speak from experience.

Mark Posted: Sat Dec 3 10:24:25 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  although I did choose indifferent, it really depends. Sometimes a relationship isn't meant to be, but you still care and perhaps even feel a bit guilty for breaking up (just to give an example). If the other person doesn't care, it would hurt.

FN Posted: Sat Dec 3 12:30:51 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:
>Also, recently I was introduced to a new concept. I had never thought of trying to break up with someone just to have them try to convince you not to. I really couldn't understand this for a while but as it was explained to me - sometimes you aren't sure what is best in a relationship [what is/isn't worth it, what love really means, etc] and there are these things like communication problems and closed up people...Sometimes you just don't know if you are on the same page anymore and wanting to break up with someone might mean wanting to know if the relationship means anything to the other person anymore...?

Yeah, if anybody would do that to me, it would bite her in the ass in a major way.

addi Posted: Sun Dec 4 09:53:31 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Unwillingness: Heartache, headache, but a confirmation that passion still exists.

Indifference: A knife thrust directly into your ego with a few twists added for good measure, a kick to your groin when you're already on the ground. Usually put to words something like this.."It's for the best. I need to move on. No hard feelings."

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]