Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Mac Killed my Inner Child
DanSRose Posted: Tue Dec 20 23:32:34 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  This is so worth it. I do not like Macs, though I have tried to like them, but cannot.
http://gallery.plebian.net/displayimage.php?album=6&pos=0

andariel Posted: Wed Dec 21 01:16:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I giggled.

Ed Posted: Wed Dec 21 01:36:06 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I chuckled, cackled, and chortled.

dan632 Posted: Wed Dec 21 02:11:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i laughed when i first saw it. i thought everyone had seen this like 2 or 3 years ago when it first came out?

Posted: Wed Dec 21 02:54:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  heh yeah, real old but good.

"bouncing up and down like a jack-russel fucking terrier"

addi Posted: Wed Dec 21 07:37:02 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  : )
Never seen it before.
It made me feel slightly better about deciding to buy a PC instead of a mac..mostly because I still need my inner child

antartica Posted: Wed Dec 21 09:19:33 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  LMAO!!!

Mouse Posted: Thu Dec 22 13:25:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  That is amusing, if inacurate.

*hurries off to a mac cult gathering*

libra Posted: Thu Dec 22 13:36:26 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  that is amusing...some of it is accurate, except for the crashing part...but i do feel like i'm dealing with another person or something when i'm on my mac, whereas when i had my pc, i felt like i was in charge. now i have no idea where anything is or how anything works, i just click on little jumping icons at the bottom of the screen and hope that the correct program pops up. my pc used to crash all the time though, and send me warning messages and gave me the "blue screen of death" a few times as well...i got to know the Indian guy who i got when i called Dell really well (i also developed a bit of a crush on him because of how good he was with computers)

Oh, i have a question for mac people...sometimes when i turn my computer on, it asks for a password, and i put in the password i use to log in, and it says that that's wrong...what other password could there be, and how do i find out what it is? I am the queen of having complex passwords and different ones for different things, but i usually remember them all...

FN Posted: Thu Dec 22 14:09:41 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have a computer running in win xp and have never had serious programs with it.

When something gets too old, I take it out and upgrade it with a newer version.

I think the reason why people have so much problems with computers is that they can't relax for a second and start to freak out and clicking on everything, only to panic some more and give up.

If you keep calm and follow instructions, you can't do anything wrong.

Kira Posted: Thu Dec 22 14:28:41 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe..

Is that guy not wearing any pants?

FN Posted: Thu Dec 22 15:57:15 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  No idea

choke Posted: Thu Dec 22 16:45:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  That pic actually makes me sad.

FN Posted: Thu Dec 22 18:21:55 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Why?

I bet everybody involved had a good laugh

choke Posted: Thu Dec 22 20:10:11 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Why?
>
>I bet everybody involved had a good laugh

He looks really uncomfortable. Like he was just the victim of a cruel practical joke or something

Ed Posted: Thu Dec 22 20:17:02 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>He looks really uncomfortable. Like he was just the victim of a cruel practical joke or something

You never know with those Finlanders.

Silentmind Posted: Fri Dec 23 02:34:00 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  

>Oh, i have a question for mac people...sometimes when i turn my computer on, it asks for a password, and i put in the password i use to log in, and it says that that's wrong...what other password could there be, and how do i find out what it is? I am the queen of having complex passwords and different ones for different things, but i usually remember them all...

Just click cancel. Won't affect anything, a wee bit of a flaw in the OS for some reason. I won't even comment on that video. Might give me a heart attack or something of the some such.

FN Posted: Fri Dec 23 09:26:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>I have a computer running in win xp and have never had serious programs with it.

problems

libra Posted: Fri Dec 23 13:38:16 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Silentmind said:

>Just click cancel. Won't affect anything, a wee bit of a flaw in the OS for some reason.

thanks!
(a flaw! but it's too pretty to have a flaw!) Its funny, since the mac looks so good, even when it's doing something wrong, i assume its okay. PCs get so messed-up looking when bad things happen, and error messages are ugly...

FN Posted: Fri Dec 23 14:50:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah, when it comes to tools, you should always prefer looks over functionality.

kurohyou Posted: Sat Dec 24 00:33:04 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have no idea if its accurate or not. I know i have not used a mac in about 12 years and don't miss them.

It made me laugh though, and I had to forward the link to a friend of mine who swears by the mac, just to get it goat. I'm sure he'll fill me in on all the parts that were wrong.

Hell at any given point my PC could be used as a boat anchor. It just doesn't have the convient handle...

Not that it matters...

DanSRose Posted: Sat Dec 24 02:06:43 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Yeah, when it comes to tools, you should always prefer looks over functionality.

I'm with Christophe on this one.
I went to visit a former friend who got visibly angry with me when she saw my choice MP3 player was a RIO, and not an iPod. Though I am not completely satisified with my RIO, it not only fit my price range and left me with enough to get a new pair of headphones, it also has an AM/FM tuner/recorder. I explained this to her, and the fact that in my research of iPods has found that about half of them have batteries that crap out and the whole iTunes system creep me out. That and I have no use for having more than a half gig of songs to listen at one time. And that the iPods on sale this summer were still OMGWTF expensive. When that didn't that work, I did the whole "Nod your head and agree with the crazy lady" routine.

The Cult of Mac is a little disconcerting.

kurohyou Posted: Sat Dec 24 13:01:01 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>It made me laugh though, and I had to forward the link to a friend of mine who swears by the mac, just to get it goat. I'm sure he'll fill me in on all the parts that were wrong.

Yep, as predicted. He didn't find it funny. Oh well. I really don't understand the big deal between Mac's and PC, I mean at any given point either of them suck ass. They're computers after all and each have their issues.

Oh well. Here's to one of those debates that will never end, coke vs pepsi, Mac vs PC, Christina vs Britney, Maraia vs Whitney.

Okay I'm done.

Not that it matters...

libra Posted: Sat Dec 24 13:50:57 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Yeah, when it comes to tools, you should always prefer looks over functionality.

my mac still outperforms my Dell by a longshot.

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Dec 24 18:02:31 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:

>Oh well. Here's to one of those debates that will never end, coke vs pepsi, Mac vs PC, Christina vs Britney, Maraia vs Whitney.
>
What about Celine vs Godzilla ?

Silentmind Posted: Sat Dec 24 21:52:52 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>Christophe said:
>>Yeah, when it comes to tools, you should always prefer looks over functionality.
>
>my mac still outperforms my Dell by a longshot.

Each is good for what they're designed for. I've never been able to crash my entire system before on a Mac, and I've seen countless friends comps and their BSOD. They may have a few more games, but for what I do {which is photo editing, and things along those lines} Macs outperform, and have better software, as compare to a pc. More stable hardware as well. But, it comes down to what floats your boat. And the guy in the video, he's just an idiot with a video camera.

FN Posted: Sun Dec 25 06:03:07 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I wonder what kind of wretched things you all do to your computers.

Mine is very stable, runs extremely heavy programs, yadda yadda yadda, and never any problems.

Weird.

Perhaps it's a mac in disguise?

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Dec 25 08:51:29 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  They both have their pluses and minuses.
When you buy a computer, you're gonna get what you pay for, period.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]