Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Happy New Year 2006
CorDrine Posted: Sun Jan 1 09:17:44 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  What was the most exciting thing that happened to you on the first day of 2006?

addi Posted: Sun Jan 1 09:36:53 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I woke up

I'm now focusing all my thoughts on staying up

FN Posted: Sun Jan 1 11:17:23 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I was getting together with friends at a friends place before going out.

Around 00:10 Jan 1 2006 the doorbell rings.

It was a guy saying he had just hit my car which was parked on the street in front of my friends house with his car.

Luckily it isn't too big of a deal, but you could say that the year didn't start all that well.

FN Posted: Sun Jan 1 11:18:54 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Also, electricity was down from about 00 20->00:40.

The electricity stopped working a few houses before the one I was in, seriously.

Ed Posted: Sun Jan 1 13:14:40 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I surrendered my phone to a drunk-dialer.

"NEW YEAR'S DRUNK-DIALLLL!" *click*

Mesh Posted: Sun Jan 1 14:03:53 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well, I stubbed my toe on the way to the bathroom this morning.

Then I dropped one of my waffles on the floor, and it got dog hair all over it.

Then I realized as I was sitting down to breakfast I was out of Orange Juice.

Then I watched War of the Worlds.

So, I guess so far it's been a bad year.

libra Posted: Sun Jan 1 16:37:53 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I threw up.

I've had the flu for the last few days...totally unexciting new years...

Mark Posted: Sun Jan 1 16:53:58 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Played a game of Risk with my gf and won.

addi Posted: Sun Jan 1 17:37:49 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>I threw up.

Hmmm...I hope you don't have a bout of the Canadian Flu that's been going around. Doctors are saying it's spread by young males from Vancouver. Symptoms include sweating, hottness, hyperventilating, and moaning from aching muscles.

*hope you feel better soon, Libra

FN Posted: Sun Jan 1 18:29:10 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wolffie said:
>Played a game of Risk with my gf and won.

You should try memoir 44

Kira Posted: Sun Jan 1 18:51:47 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  A cat bit me and I bled all over the floor.

DanSRose Posted: Sun Jan 1 19:02:23 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I made the horrible mistake of trying to meet a friend in Times Square. Please, if you love yourself, don't ever do that. It wasn't so much the panic attack from the tight space, or having eleventy-thousand people pushing, or the noise, or the fact I saw Regin (hi Reeg), it was .... well it was all of those.

Then I went to a friend's on Long Island and had a really good chicken sandwich and a few Sam Adams. On the way home, I got to see a horrible accident. I giggled.

Mesh Posted: Sun Jan 1 20:17:16 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
> On the way home, I got to see a horrible accident. I giggled.

That made me laugh out loud. If a beverage were in my mouth, it would now be all over the monitor.

Anyways, I think I'll watch War of the Worlds again, just because.

PS. How did the aliens know I was scared of Tubas? Weird.

FN Posted: Tue Jan 3 06:48:05 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  So yesterday I've seen 2 accidents, 1 that must have been fatal (car upside down on the side of the road against an electricity pillar with the cables down on the car) and another one just 2 people who ran into eachother but wasn't that bad.

Also, a guy I knew got killed yesterday in a car accident, his gf was rescued and is now in intensive care.

I have a feeling 2006 isn't going to be that good.

addi Posted: Tue Jan 3 07:31:42 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>I have a feeling 2006 isn't going to be that good.

Crud. As if getting back to my 5am work routine wasn't depressing enough I read this thread about tragic deaths. Life can be over so quickly for some...way before they've had the opportunity to live a long and full one.
Count your blessings people. All of us need to not take friends and loved ones for granted (including myself).

CorDrine Posted: Tue Jan 3 09:39:30 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wow! And I thought my year started out bad :) Thanks for sharing you guys. Not that seeing all the bad things that happen to you guy make me feel any better, but it does make me feel less erm, depress :P

For my new year, the only interesting thing I did was ate half a roast duck.

iggy Posted: Tue Jan 3 12:36:00 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  explored bangkok

jennemmer Posted: Tue Jan 3 12:37:26 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I had a quiet reflective sort of New Year's as 4 days ago I officially moved out and am now living completely on my own for the first time ever.

The most exciting thing that happened on the 1st was that it rained. Rain is not common normally in Chicago at this time of the year either but it really brought home the fact that I was no longer home... or more that it emphasised how different my new home is than my last one.

(bonus, we just got internet at the apartment. Feel special, this is the site I chose to make sure the connection was actually working ;)

addi Posted: Tue Jan 3 15:49:12 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jennemmer said:
>I officially moved out and am now living completely on my own for the first time ever.

WooHoo!! Partay!
(or maybe in your case....Stud-dee!)

>Feel special, this is the site I chose to make sure the connection was actually working ;)

This place grows on you like green mold on leather boots in humid Savanah summers!

jennemmer Posted: Tue Jan 3 18:29:33 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>jennemmer said:
>>I officially moved out and am now living completely on my own for the first time ever.
>
>WooHoo!! Partay!
>(or maybe in your case....Stud-dee!)

We'll I've lived on my own before but now it involves full year leases and insurance and not having my real home base being a room in my dad's basement...

addi Posted: Tue Jan 3 18:37:04 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jennemmer said:

>We'll I've lived on my own before but now it involves full year leases and insurance and not having my real home base being a room in my dad's basement...

I know..I know..you're a big girl now.
: )
I was just trying to liven things up.

jennemmer Posted: Tue Jan 3 21:32:22 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>I know..I know..you're a big girl now.
>: )
>I was just trying to liven things up.

Thanks for trying. I'm in the midst of figuring out the details of living. It's tedious and boring and sometimes makes me completely lose sight of people trying to liven things up.

I just spent too much money at Ikea. That was fun ;)

addi Posted: Wed Jan 4 07:03:14 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jennemmer said:

>I just spent too much money at Ikea. That was fun ;)

mmmmmmmm...Ikea....beds, linens, sofas, coffee tables...(drools)..better than sex...

: )

DanSRose Posted: Thu Jan 5 19:52:21 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jennemmer said:

>I just spent too much money at Ikea. That was fun ;)

I did that Sunday. I got a bookshelf and a stuffed mini-owl. Then I dinged my car getting a gas on the way home.

IKEA has good ice cream cones (only $1)

choke Posted: Fri Jan 6 21:58:33 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>WooHoo!! Partay!
>(or maybe in your case....Stud-dee!)
>
Lol. You are so lame :)

Most exciting new years day event.. I caught the lizard that lives down the plughole in my shower that sticks its head out and looks around whenever I pee.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]