Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

GT Poll
SntSaturn Posted: Sun Jan 8 11:03:28 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I just read the GT Poll question about whether you look for the same traits in a boygirlfriend as you look for in a spouse. For those of you that answered no, why not?

addi Posted: Sun Jan 8 12:30:27 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I answered yes, so technically I can't answer your question. However I am compelled to say that's a lovely pic of you, SntSaturn.
It's nice you've started coming around here again. Ludwig can start fantasizing again.

: )

choke Posted: Sun Jan 8 12:39:23 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah I was curious about that too, like are the people who said no the ones that are already married or did they all say yes?

Good question JQ

libra Posted: Sun Jan 8 12:51:12 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I said no...because when I started dating my boyfriend I didn't really think "oh, he'd make a great husband" I just really liked him. It was after a while that I grew to realize that he would make a really good husband and I'm really glad that we're dating because he's not only really fun and very wonderful to have around now, he's someone I can see in my future--but that came after.

I guess that no matter what, people look for some certain attributes in a significant other that do translate to what one would want in a spouse, but people who don't have marriage on their mind or don't want to get married at all may see the more immediate needs in a boyfriend/girlfriend--a good companion, or someone who's fun to be around, or whatever.

novemberrain Posted: Sun Jan 8 15:51:20 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Part of it boils to down to short term/long term I guess. Mr/Miss Right vs Mr/Miss Right Now.

If you aren't looking to the future, you may want someone who is spontanious, fun loving, throws caution to the wind, etc.

Not to say that a future spouse cannot have those things, but added to that could be dependable, secure (financially, emotionally, etc), amongst other things.

FN Posted: Sun Jan 8 16:03:04 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It doesn't make any sense to me.

Why get together with anybody if you aren't thinking long term anyway.

A sense of morality and ethics wouldn't hurt.

Mesh Posted: Sun Jan 8 17:11:09 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I answered yes, but I was wondering the same thing about the no responses. I just didn't feel like starting a topic, so thank you, SntSaturn.

addi Posted: Sun Jan 8 17:36:13 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Back in the days when I was dating (god..I detest writing that), if I didn't see long term compatibility the relationship would end*. Sometimes you could tell after a few dates and sometimes it took longer, but once I knew she wasn't long term material it was over. I was never one to date for datings sake (excepting high school of course..dances, proms, etc.). It didn't seem smart to me to continue on with someone that I knew wouldn't be right for the long run. Therefore I always had the qualities of a future wife in mind when I was on the prowl for a date.

*sometimes the girl would end it first though, and crush my widdle heart.

iggy Posted: Sun Jan 8 21:39:35 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  funny thing cos i was talking to my mates a couple of nights ago over beer abt this concerning my singlehood.

it's not that there's noone interested but the fact is that i'm not.

and well it boils down to being with someone with similiar interests.

i think i would rather be with someone that well, speaks the same language or at least know what the hell i'm mumbling most of the time anyways.

i've written an article abt this a long time back and maybe i'll look for it and post it again.

iggy Posted: Sun Jan 8 21:46:29 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://generationterrorists.com/cgi-bin/mygt/members.cgi?profile_id=127§ion=2&category_id=294&article_id=298

Silentmind Posted: Mon Jan 9 01:46:03 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I answered no because I feel that when I start dating someone, I'm looking for a lot less. Someone that I can spend time with alone, fun loving ect. Someone that I can start to get to know for a while. Dating, but when I first met them, I wasn't looking at the long list that I have for a long term relationship.

Once I have gotten to know them after the start of a relationship, then I can look for the traits I need in a long-term situation. If I went in with the intention of looking for those traits I probably wouldn't find them, as most of the traits people look for in a long term relationship don't show up right away. They come later, after people have gotten comfortable. These traits, they're discovered in my opinion.

I guess I start with a short list, and then after while, I pull out the longer one. I agree with libra. She started out with the "I really like him" and then came the "I could see myself becoming married." Its only after a while that you can probe deeper and discover the true nature of the person.

mat_j Posted: Mon Jan 9 09:24:40 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I agree with Libra too, with these things you kind of just get carried away with the moment, you meet someone you like but it's only after you start having a relationship with them do you really get to know them.

Also Christophes reply made me smile, i can imagine him walking through a night club with vision like the terminators, homing in on the women checking their characteristics.

Face-Match
Breast size (proportionate)- Match
Child baring hips- match
Bodily odour- mismatch

Terminate with extreme prejudice!!

beetlebum Posted: Mon Jan 9 09:33:11 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>I agree with Libra too, with these things you kind of just get carried away with the moment, you meet someone you like but it's only after you start having a relationship with them do you really get to know them.
>
>Also Christophes reply made me smile, i can imagine him walking through a night club with vision like the terminators, homing in on the women checking their characteristics.
>
>Face-Match
>Breast size (proportionate)- Match
>Child baring hips- match
>Bodily odour- mismatch
>
>Terminate with extreme prejudice!!

LOL! That is spot on. Aw, Christophe.

SntSaturn Posted: Mon Jan 9 12:41:50 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>I answered yes, so technically I can't answer your question. However I am compelled to say that's a lovely pic of you, SntSaturn.
>It's nice you've started coming around here again. Ludwig can start fantasizing again.
>
>: )

Aww, thanks! It's actually from a year ago Christmas. We go to Florida every year. That's my sister with me. Also, it's good to be back. I'm still busy with school, but I can check in every now and again.

SntSaturn Posted: Mon Jan 9 12:46:56 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  When I start being interested in someone I begin to look for the characteristics of someone I want to be with for a long time. I'm not looking to get married any time soon, but i don't want to waste my time with someone that in the end won't be everything I want in a husband.

FN Posted: Mon Jan 9 13:36:24 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>mat_j said:
>>I agree with Libra too, with these things you kind of just get carried away with the moment, you meet someone you like but it's only after you start having a relationship with them do you really get to know them.
>>
>>Also Christophes reply made me smile, i can imagine him walking through a night club with vision like the terminators, homing in on the women checking their characteristics.
>>
>>Face-Match
>>Breast size (proportionate)- Match
>>Child baring hips- match
>>Bodily odour- mismatch
>>
>>Terminate with extreme prejudice!!
>
>LOL! That is spot on. Aw, Christophe.

Haha

I'm not prejudiced.

Well, I am, but I have my reasons.

You say body odour wouldn't put you off in the short term?

mat_j Posted: Mon Jan 9 16:39:58 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  

FN Posted: Mon Jan 9 17:02:41 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And I'm also much cooler than any robot could ever be.

Figuratively speaking.

choke Posted: Mon Jan 9 17:06:19 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>And I'm also much cooler than any robot could ever be.
>
>
>
>
>
>Figuratively speaking

I don't know. Robots don't usually argue.

Mouse Posted: Tue Jan 10 14:07:56 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>.

Am I the only one confused by this post? Or just the only you who bothered to notice it and say something?

Ed Posted: Tue Jan 10 18:45:52 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>And I'm also much cooler than any robot could ever be.

Robots that are cooler than you...

Johnny-5 from Short Circuit
Gir from Invader Zim
Ian Holm in Alien
VINCENT from The Black Hole
Marvin from Hitchhiker's Guide
Voltron
Red Robot #C-63 http://www.dieselsweeties.com/archive.php?s=1242

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]