Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

diabetes
Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Jan 25 16:15:23 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hiya. i've been really sick for the last erm 5 days. I'd been talking to my bf's bff (hehe) sarah and her mom (who is a nurse working at a really nice hospital) and she told me I have the classic symptoms for type 1 diabetes. i'm having a hard time coping. and i've yet to check up with a doctor out of panic.

FN Posted: Wed Jan 25 16:20:29 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The smart thing to do would be seeing a doctor or you could be pretty screwed.

It doesn't have to be extremely serious, you only have to get insuline shots and what not in advanced stages

beetlebum Posted: Wed Jan 25 16:23:24 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I agree with Christophe. It's something you should look into- not knowing is worse than knowing, I think. Either you don't have it (yay!) and something else is wrong that can be fixed, or you do have it, and you can start managing it, and feel better!

Whatever the case may be, I hope you feel better soon.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Jan 25 16:29:49 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I would be willing to bet it is type 2 rather than type 1.

I am a type 2 diabetic

Most common symptoms are chronic fatigue, unquenchable thirst, and frequent urination.

Mesh Posted: Wed Jan 25 17:01:00 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>
>Most common symptoms are chronic fatigue, unquenchable thirst, and frequent urination.

Well shitfuck.

Yeah C_Moon, I'm with Christophe and Beetlebum. Doctors would be good. Hopefully it turns out to be some bug or something.

Feel better soon.

DanSRose Posted: Wed Jan 25 18:15:29 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Like most medical things, don't worry until you've been to a doctor. Until you know left from right, worrying will just make you feel worse.
And diabetes is really not a life sentence. In fact, it could be a change for the better. After my dad and my aunt were diagnosed with it, they changed their diets and are a lot healthier. (I'm also very sure a few years down the line, I'll be diagnosed with it)

antartica Posted: Wed Jan 25 23:18:11 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  don't waste no more time. do get checked like... pronto...

let us know how it goes after the check up aye...

Mouse Posted: Thu Jan 26 11:03:50 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh dear, I can imagine how you must be worrying yourself. Take a breath and find a doctor, have you let your parents know you're ill?
*hugs*

Ed Posted: Thu Jan 26 20:33:18 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  "Frailty, thy name is woman!"

Cherry_Moon Posted: Thu Jan 26 20:36:38 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:
>have you let your parents know you're ill?

not until today. sorry not to contact you mousie.

i went to the hospital. It was all a huge relief. Nothing. nothing at all is wrong. i don't even have a cold as far as their tests go. They took blood and urine tests.

But I'm so puzzled how awful i felt and still feel. I'm still having vertigo. But there's not really anything to do about it.

Mesh Posted: Thu Jan 26 20:41:33 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'll perform a ritual to convince Satan to make you feel better.

All it will cost is my soul.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Thu Jan 26 20:49:31 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>I'll perform a ritual to convince Satan to make you feel better.
>All it will cost is my soul.

thank you dear. i'll pray for you. and do a ritual to the godess to bless you. blessed be.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]