Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

rings
Cherry_Moon Posted: Mon Jan 30 11:20:52 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  what does everybody think about rings. . .

I just recieved a beautiful ring yesterday from my sweetie. It's a promise ring but it feels more serious then that. We've been together for a while and enjoy each other's company. He's making plans to get an apartment near me.

addi Posted: Mon Jan 30 11:30:23 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>what does everybody think about rings. . .

they're a bit too circular for my taste...unless you're referring to onion rings.

*that nice, cherry. just MOVE SLOW. No need to rush into anything long term for now.

FN Posted: Mon Jan 30 11:49:36 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I guess you meant to say "thAn"

Anyway, I say do what other people like you do, go forth and multiply.

I have a dark brown feeling you'll end up like this:

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/news/6447791/detail.html#

jennemmer Posted: Mon Jan 30 11:53:08 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think this is something you're going to have to ask your sweetie about. In my experience they always mean different things for different couples regardless of what might be considered the 'standard' meaning.

One of my friends got a promise ring from her boyfriend when they were graduating high school, they'd been together a year. For him it was an "if I wasn't living at home, had any money and wasn't going to be going to school for the next four years I would be asking you to marry me and when I do have these things I will". They got married last summer.

Another of my friends and his girlfriend got each other matching rings that were just simple bands. They were going to be spending 9 monthes apart and weren't going to get many chances to visit so for them it was a reminder and also a sign to other people that they were seeing someone.

I don't wear a ring but that doesn't mean I'm not in a serious relationship it's just that my boyfriend doesn't really believe in rings until they are the sort that are meant to be permenant. He sees it as a half promise and isn't into making those.

Anyway it's taken though it is likely that he takes your realtionship seriously. If you are happy and in love enjoy it and take Addi's advice.
(and I don't know anything about your relationship so please don't take offense to the next bit: If you still aren't sure about the love part this might be a good time to make sure the two of you are on the same page. Don't let yourself get stuck in a relationship you aren't sure about just because the other person loves you so much)

Cherry_Moon Posted: Mon Jan 30 13:54:10 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jennemmer said:
>I think this is something you're going to have to ask your sweetie about. In my experience they always mean different things for different couples regardless of what might be considered the 'standard' meaning.

me and him haven't decided on the meaning but I believe we both can agree it's an expression of love and commitment.

>
>One of my friends got a promise ring from her boyfriend when they were graduating high school, they'd been together a year. For him it was an "if I wasn't living at home, had any money and wasn't going to be going to school for the next four years I would be asking you to marry me and when I do have these things I will". They got married last summer.

We've agreed that this would be the deal. He's still at home and going through all of the above. And I'm still trying to land on my feet as well.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Mon Jan 30 13:56:59 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>I guess you meant to say "thAn"

thanx for the english check.

>Anyway, I say do what other people like you do, go forth and multiply.

ass wipe

>I have a dark brown feeling you'll end up like this:
>
>http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/news/6447791/detail.html#

jackass. you just don't get females. That's prolly why you have to get man love when you can. Coz no real female would want you. Not unless she was drunk and cracked out of her mind. Which explains alot.

jennemmer Posted: Mon Jan 30 13:57:31 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>
>We've agreed that this would be the deal. He's still at home and going through all of the above. And I'm still trying to land on my feet as well.

All of the best then :)

Cherry_Moon Posted: Mon Jan 30 13:58:18 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jennemmer said:
>All of the best then :)

*hugs* thanks, you're a sweetie.

FN Posted: Mon Jan 30 14:20:07 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>Coz no real female would want you. Not unless she was drunk and cracked out of her mind. Which explains alot.

The fact that your definition of "real female" can accompany drunk and cracked out explains a lot in deed.

addi Posted: Mon Jan 30 15:44:26 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  play nice you two.
It's beginning to sound like hif and I on a political thread.

: )

Aeon Posted: Mon Jan 30 22:10:10 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Children, children... don't make me put you in time out.

FN Posted: Tue Jan 31 04:56:14 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh, I'll put you out man...

ahem.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Tue Jan 31 10:43:09 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>play nice you two.
>It's beginning to sound like hif and I on a political thread.

me *halo* I'm playing nice *knees chris in the groin* always. I don't aim high, I aim low. *skips off*

FN Posted: Tue Jan 31 11:00:23 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Too easy

(and even that was a pun, go figure)

Aeon Posted: Tue Jan 31 16:10:39 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  why can't we all just get along?

Cherry_Moon Posted: Tue Jan 31 17:40:45 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aeon said:
>why can't we all just get along?

we can. just prevent the breding of inbreds. wait. too late.

Mesh Posted: Tue Jan 31 17:53:18 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DARS NO NEDE TA BRIN MUH INTUH
DIS!

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Feb 1 15:47:40 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>DARS NO NEDE TA BRIN MUH INTUH
>DIS!

wtf. what does this mean?

Ed Posted: Wed Feb 1 16:58:02 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>meshuggah said:
>>DARS NO NEDE TA BRIN MUH INTUH
>>DIS!
>
>wtf. what does this mean?

read it aloud. it's phonetic

choke Posted: Wed Feb 1 19:34:48 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Lol.

Mesh Posted: Wed Feb 1 23:52:31 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  :)

misszero Posted: Sat Feb 4 08:06:30 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  fo net ic

ahaha, that tattoo thing was fucken hilarious.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]