Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

The Pinstripes
Cherry_Moon Posted: Mon Feb 6 10:35:05 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm starting my own band! I have a really good bassist, a jazz/r&b/rock piano player, and we are looking for a drummer. We are The Pinstripes. We are hoping to get out on the road this summer. . . I'm so excited. I'm finally able to get to play music.... We are trying to build a website. We've only been together a couple weeks but everything is clicking well. Soon we'll have mp3 clips up and maybe pictures. We need to figure out our gig situation. Anybody interested in having me come to their home town?

Ed Posted: Mon Feb 6 12:30:04 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  If you guys get far enough out in my general direction, I can recommend a few places you may want to try for in the Kansas City & Lawrence areas.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Mon Feb 6 12:47:30 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Thanx. I'll ask them about our tour sometime. It's kinda hard being the only female. I feel like I'm on a reality show. The bassist has already made out with me. Against my wishes. The piano player is making eyes at me. Gahhh! I'm not going out with my band members! I wish they would lay off.

Ahriman Posted: Mon Feb 6 14:33:17 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.buffalobarfly.com/Merlins/merlins.html

Mesh Posted: Mon Feb 6 19:30:18 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>Thanx. I'll ask them about our tour sometime. It's kinda hard being the only female. I feel like I'm on a reality show. The bassist has already made out with me. Against my wishes. The piano player is making eyes at me. Gahhh! I'm not going out with my band members! I wish they would lay off.

A quick knee to the groinal region gets the point across loud and clear. Bonus points, it's also hilarious for everyone involved. Except of course the person who gets kneed, but then, it was never really meant to be funny to them now was it? That's the whole point of doing it, is it sucks for them.

Now, I must try and stop posting nonsense because I've taken cold medicince and my head is not on right. Not that it ever really is.

choke Posted: Tue Feb 7 18:01:13 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry Moon how old are you?

Ed Posted: Tue Feb 7 19:50:36 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>Cherry Moon how old are you?

notice that when you click on a person's username, a window pops up with the person's info, like their birth date

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Feb 7 19:57:18 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ed said:
>choke said:
>>Cherry Moon how old are you?
>
>notice that when you click on a person's username, a window pops up with the person's info, like their birth date
>
Doesn't happen when I click on your name Ed.

choke Posted: Tue Feb 7 20:17:08 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ah. Cherry I don't mean to bust your bubble or anything but I'm not sure how seriously a 17 yearold is going to be taken in a band. It's great you're in one, but if you're planning on it being your source of income I don't know how well you've thought this through.

And also, about the hooking up with band members thing, weren't you just swapping rings with someone a few days ago?

Ed Posted: Tue Feb 7 20:18:57 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Doesn't happen when I click on your name Ed.

Yeah...I didn't set my birthday in my profile...

Mesh Posted: Tue Feb 7 20:27:12 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nor did I! We do all we can to be rebels.

I even briefly held a cigarette once. And this other time a Cop looked at me, and when he looked away I made a face. I felt bad though, but he got what he had coming to him.

Hardcore rebel.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Feb 8 20:11:14 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>Cherry Moon how old are you?

why?

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Feb 8 20:16:15 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>Ah. Cherry I don't mean to bust your bubble or anything but I'm not sure how seriously a 17 yearold is going to be taken in a band. It's great you're in one, but if you're planning on it being your source of income I don't know how well you've thought this through.
>
>And also, about the hooking up with band members thing, weren't you just swapping rings with someone a few days ago?

will everyone stop putting barriers up?!
age doesn't mean a gd thing. it's not my real income i'm not a moron. I'm exchanging rings with someone. yup. i remember that. I'm on my way to being 18. age, parents, posers, and critics aren't going to get me down. I'll be damnned the day i let my art, music, theater be run by other peoples' doubts. I'm going to get to where I want to go.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Feb 8 20:22:02 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
> I'm on my way to being 18. age, parents, posers, and critics aren't going to get me down. I'll be damnned the day i let my art, music, theater be run by other peoples' doubts. I'm going to get to where I want to go.

these are fighting words i realize but i'm not interested in fightin'. it's just i've been my whole life that: I'm too short, too young, too little talent, too little experience, and too many worthless dreams. I've been given my freedom. i want to prove everyone wrong. i want to prove myself wrong. i want to be more than i've invisioned.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Feb 8 20:22:58 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>it's just i've been my whole life that:

hehe.
i've been told...

FN Posted: Wed Feb 8 20:38:44 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>Anybody interested in having me come to their home town?

By all means, I'll provide the rotten tomatoes and we'll have a good time.

No, I'm just kidding, I'm sure the band is going to make it.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Thu Feb 9 11:47:25 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>By all means, I'll provide the rotten tomatoes and we'll have a good time.

thanx chris i'll remember to throw my bloody tampon at you. *skips away*

choke Posted: Thu Feb 9 17:45:22 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry Moon I couldn't help but notice that you addressed my question about the ring but not the question about why you're hooking up with people when you have this ring thing going on.

And I'm sorry if my doubts aren't helping. But if you're going to have to deal with it because no one is going to give you an easy way no matter how many speeches you make about your individuality and drive that so many have made before you.

I'm 17 and I can admit to the limitations of my age. If you spend all your time trying to be older pretty soon you're going to realize you missed your childhood.

Relax, man.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Feb 10 16:50:07 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>Cherry Moon I couldn't help but notice that you addressed my question about the ring but not the question about why you're hooking up with people when you have this ring thing going on.

hooking up?! what are you talking about. I have bandmates. my bandmates are after me even after they know i'm not available. not my fault.

>And I'm sorry if my doubts aren't helping. But if you're going to have to deal with it because no one is going to give you an easy way no matter how many speeches you make about your individuality and drive that so many have made before you.

alright. I'll stop the speeches. Thanx for the doubts. I'll start walking. I'll let my website and tour do all the talking.

>I'm 17 and I can admit to the limitations of my age. If you spend all your time trying to be older pretty soon you're going to realize you missed your childhood.

the first part of my childhood sucked and shouldn't be lived through by anyone. The second part was nothing but a hold up to what I've wanted to do with my life. I haven't missed being a child. Not yet.

>Relax, man.

yeah, yeah. i'll relax when I have my foot in the door. Until then I have to get on the ball. I'm not angry at you or anyone in particular jus' the whole general karma of the situation. but. I'm off now, I have band pratice.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]