Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

When men fire blanks, and women are all dried up.......
Mesh Posted: Mon Feb 6 19:25:04 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Poll question. What do you think about it? I'll admit that I thought about it and I had a hard time deciding if it was right to expect one sex over the other to undergo sterilization procedures, or if they both should. I voted both, but I really couldn't decide.

Mesh Posted: Mon Feb 6 19:26:40 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I suppose in the interest of fairness if they come to a mutual agreement that they never want children/more children,

Wait, nevermind, in the middle of typing it out I became unsure again. Sorry

addi Posted: Mon Feb 6 20:49:49 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's a less invasive proceedure for the male. It can also be reversed if a change of heart is made down the road (so I've heard). I voted for the male to have it done, but that's easy to do behind a keyboard. The thought of a knife near my boys does give me the heebie jeebies.

libra Posted: Mon Feb 6 21:01:58 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I voted for the guy.
It seems kind of crazy to me to tell a woman who has recently given birth that now she has to go back to the hospital to be cut open.

Some people may say I'm being unfair when i say this, but from my own point of view:

If I have to be on the pill for years (with its side effects), go through pregnancy and giving birth, he can go get a vasectomy at the end of it all. Only seems fair.

And along with what addi said: its less invasive, and its reversible.

Mesh Posted: Mon Feb 6 21:11:34 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nah, that doesn't seem unfair.

If it's less procedure for a man is less invasive and reversible I'd say the man, then.

Mesh Posted: Mon Feb 6 21:12:50 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>
>If the procedure for a man is less invasive and reversible I'd say the man, then.

Fixed for increased comprehensibility.

Kira Posted: Mon Feb 6 21:55:28 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I wasn't willing to say one way or another without knowing the medical implications of each precedure, but if what Addison says is correct then I would have to say male as well.

Kira Posted: Mon Feb 6 21:58:58 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  PROcedure, guldarnit!

Posted: Tue Feb 7 00:08:21 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  What a timely topic!

I've been with my ladyfriend for a few months now, and in my constant struggle to ensure that I never bring children into this world (it would so cruel, and I'm terribly unlikely to be able to be a good father), I am very much considering getting myself fixed.

I have an unnatural obsession with this, I think. I am very frightened with the idea of having responsibility thrust upon me as such. I really just want to keep my options open as much as possible.

Very really considering getting it done, even at the age I'm at (21).

Silentmind Posted: Tue Feb 7 01:18:56 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Male for sure. Reversible in some cases, and it only requires a quick trip to the doctor. Compare that with the invasive female procedure, that carries with it far greater medical risks. Plus, if a woman wants to reverse her procedure, she has to undergo the same risks. So, though the male procedure is only sometimes reversible, the male should be the one to undergo the procedure.

FN Posted: Tue Feb 7 01:50:23 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I believe with women it can be reversed to, I'm actually almost certain of it.

You can all do what you want, my balls aren't getting disconnected.

Run boys!

libra Posted: Tue Feb 7 02:19:11 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>I believe with women it can be reversed to, I'm actually almost certain of it.
>
>

It has been done, but with microsurgery and it's very invasive. Overall, the procedure for women is much more serious than the procedure for men.

(I'm trying not to get to militant with this one, trying hard. I have a very strong reaction to this whole issue for some reason...I guess it's somehow related to my stance on abortion...men legislating about my body. Oooh, it gives me this creepy feeling inside.)

addi Posted: Tue Feb 7 07:13:22 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:

>I have an unnatural obsession with this, I think. I am very frightened with the idea of having responsibility thrust upon me as such. I really just want to keep my options open as much as possible.

I applaude you, crim, for thinking responsibly about your future. Too many people don't.
I think if I was still back in my twenties I'd think seriously about it if I wasn't planning on having any kids. In the passion of the moment sometimes it's really hard (pardon the pun) to stop and take the necessary precautions if your partner isn't protected...and don't even get me started on using a damn condom..it's like having a shot of novacain directly into your johnson.."goodbye feeling!".

One of my good buds had it done, and in a candid conversation (musta been after margaritas) he told me the sensations were just the same as before he went under the knife, but now he no longer has to worry about fertilizing the little free range egg the boys might swim to. His wife likes the fact that she doesn't have to deal with the side effects of contraceptive pills too.

maybeitwillwork Posted: Tue Feb 7 13:38:22 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well I read the question and I couldn't decide, I mean the couple could change their mind or split up. I voted both, but I would realy liked to have had the option to say neither. They could always just use some form of bith control.

DanSRose Posted: Tue Feb 7 14:42:38 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  While it is reversable for women, it is more evasive, more complicated, more complex, and has more side effects in addition to just "getting your tubes tied". That "area" and its complex hormone production is extremely tempermental and even more sensative to infection.
A vascectomy is not a microsurgery and a little medically complicated then disconnecting a plug.

Ahriman Posted: Tue Feb 7 17:23:27 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Why don't we just start bokanovski?

Mesh Posted: Tue Feb 7 17:47:29 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't like Ford.

choke Posted: Tue Feb 7 18:08:01 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I picked men as well for all the reasons listed above.

But an interesting peice of info..

I was talking to my anatomy teacher about this and apparently in some cases the boys snipped tubey can heal back together and people get babies. You're never safe from babies. Never.

Ed Posted: Tue Feb 7 19:41:13 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>You're never safe from babies. Never.

lmao
I'm going to quote you on that.

addi Posted: Tue Feb 7 20:13:20 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>You're never safe from babies. Never.

Wasn't that the subtitle line to the horror movie "I know What You Did Last Summer"?

Ed Posted: Tue Feb 7 20:24:07 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>Wasn't that the subtitle line to the horror movie "I know What You Did Last Summer"?

I think the word you were looking for is "tagline."

addi Posted: Tue Feb 7 20:25:38 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ed said:

>I think the word you were looking for is "tagline."

oh...thank you Ed. What would I do without you covering my back!
: )

Ed Posted: Tue Feb 7 20:30:23 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>oh...thank you Ed. What would I do without you covering my back!
>: )

...you'd get cold.

choke Posted: Tue Feb 7 20:32:45 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ed said:
>addi said:
>>oh...thank you Ed. What would I do without you covering my back!
>>: )
>
>...you'd get cold.
>
>
>
>....

Oh ahahahah! That took me like a full 30 seconds to get. Which makes it all the more funny :D

Posted: Tue Feb 7 20:57:17 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ed said:
>addi said:
>>oh...thank you Ed. What would I do without you covering my back!
>>: )
>
>...you'd get cold.

hahahahahah

Ed Posted: Tue Feb 7 21:00:55 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jeez, I was being corny. how funny could that have been?!

addi Posted: Tue Feb 7 21:06:09 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ed said:
>jeez, I was being corny. how funny could that have been?!

This group is easily amused, Ed.

: )

*Crim, I like your avatar pic

Ed Posted: Tue Feb 7 21:14:21 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>This group is easily amused, Ed.

So it seems. I'm just not accustomed to finding posts dedicated to laughs about things I say.

choke Posted: Thu Feb 9 17:40:10 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ed said:
>addi said:
>>This group is easily amused, Ed.
>
>So it seems. I'm just not accustomed to finding posts dedicated to laughs about things I say.

Well it was pretty funny.

Mesh Posted: Thu Feb 9 18:50:55 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>things I say.
>
>Well it was pretty funny.

It was.

Ed Posted: Thu Feb 9 22:30:19 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  *bows humbly*

Mouse Posted: Tue Mar 7 00:42:55 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ed said:
>choke said:
>>You're never safe from babies. Never.
>
>lmao
>I'm going to quote you on that.

Erm, I think you just did. ;P

*This thread is making me laugh, a lot. Which is making me cough, a lot.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]