Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Tell me about your day.
choke Posted: Fri Feb 10 17:04:00 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Because I'm going to tell you all about mine.

This morning, I was THAT kid.

You know how you see something happen to somebody and you're always like wow I wonder who that was... That stuff never happens to me...

Well today someone behind me tripped on the stairs and fell into me and I fell and landing wrong and my whole spine jolted and I couldn't breathe or move and as I sat there I was like wow. This is it. I'm actually dying.

Then someone called 911 and I got the whole shock treatment and 10 billion questions where they don't let you sleep and stuff and they ask you about your family and stuff when all you want to do is lie down and die...

So I got the hospital and I have no fractures but I have compression of the cartilage which basically means EXTREME PAIN FOR AS LONG AS WE BOTH SHALL LIVE.

So yeah. I got picked up in an amulance and the fire department got called as well because everyone overreacted when they heard the word emergency.

And ambulances aren't as exciting as they seem because they're sound proofed and the people make an effort not to sound urgent. It's very calm and quiet.

It was a very surreal experience. The entire time I couldn't even be like, this is my first ambulance! Because it didn't even feel like it was happening.

Oh, and my MSN has been disconnected if anyone was looking for me.

addi Posted: Fri Feb 10 17:10:18 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm so sorry, choke. I know you're in pain now, but I'm so glad it wasn't worse than it was.

: (

choke Posted: Fri Feb 10 17:13:17 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>I'm so sorry, choke. I know you're in pain now, but I'm so glad it wasn't worse than it was.
>
>: (

I could say I wasn't looking for sympathy right now but I totally was. So thanks :P But I do actually want to hear about your day too...

addi Posted: Fri Feb 10 17:19:55 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  my day wasn't nearly as traumatic. In meetings all day with the bigwigs from HQ. My supervisor mentioned I did cartoons so to make a long boring story short they want to use Ludwig in the company newsletter, and possibly for advertising...of course because I'm an employee I'll just get a pat on the back. Bleh.
Now I'm off to margaritaville, and then packing this weekend for Hawaii.

I really do hope the pain goes away quickly for you...and that you're still beautiful : )
Hugs

choke Posted: Fri Feb 10 17:22:58 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>my day wasn't nearly as traumatic. In meetings all day with the bigwigs from HQ. My supervisor mentioned I did cartoons so to make a long boring story short they want to use Ludwig in the company newsletter, and possibly for advertising...of course because I'm an employee I'll just get a pat on the back. Bleh.
>Now I'm off to margaritaville, and then packing this weekend for Hawaii.
>
>I really do hope the pain goes away quickly for you...and that you're still beautiful : )
>Hugs

Make them pay! Ludwig is worth more than a pat on the back!

And have fun in Hawaii

libra Posted: Fri Feb 10 17:45:34 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh wow, I'm sorry Choke, that's horrible.

(and at least you didn't get hurt doing something stupid...this guy at my highschool jumped over a cement barrier thinking that there was grass on the other side and ended up falling ten feet to the concrete floor of a basement entrance below...he broke his nose, got a new nose that made him look girly, and everyone thought he was an idiot)

My day has been alright. kinda boring.

jennemmer Posted: Fri Feb 10 18:29:28 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Choke: that's rough. I hope you'll be feeling better soon. (and then we'll meet up for cheesecake ;)

Addi: Sooo jealous. I'm taking a trip soon too, but it's not a vacation. It's a 14 hour drive back home to give a talk to my grad committee which is essentially an exam on everything I've ever learned... (but then I get to hang out with my boyfriend for the rest of the week so it's not all bad :)
Enjoy the warmth and lack of stress.

My day has not been what I'd expected, I got to work and worked hard to get the equipment all up and running only to be told that something needed to be repaired and that they'd call me in about an hour when it was done. That was at noon, it's now 5:00pm and I don't know if I can leave yet or not because we have an experiment next week and they don't happen very often and we've got a limited amount of time to get the data we need. I have had other stuff to work on but I haven't really been able to get on a roll with anything because I might get pulled away from it at any minute. I just want this long week to be over and even if I did go home now it might not be because there's a chance that if things aren't ready I'm going to get called in tomorrow. :p

Mesh Posted: Fri Feb 10 18:41:49 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  :( Sorry Choke. I'm glad you're not like extremely seriously injured or anything though. I hope you feel better.

My day was meh basically. Woke up late. Two guys at my site got into a fight with eachother. I was in charge....so I am held responsible. And now I am going to go run in a while.

Mesh Posted: Fri Feb 10 18:43:47 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Addi LOL! I didn't notice Ludwigs floatie until now.

Mouse Posted: Fri Feb 10 18:51:32 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Geez choke, I hope you're in bed resting. And I hope you're getting waited on hand and foot, that always helps with pain.

My day hasn't been that interesting, I spent the morning and early afternoon studying but I still haven't studied enough today. I called my stepmom to try and figure out when to go over and see her and my dad, but the usual chaos is going on over there so that fell through. I've spent the last couple hours cleaning, sweeping, mopping, and washing and now I need a shower because I feel like all of the dirt came off of the house and stuck to me.
But I just washed the shower so I don't want to get in it. X_X
So now I'm just looking around thinking about all of the things I should be doing at this moment and trying to generate a plan of attack.

Mouse

addi Posted: Fri Feb 10 19:53:47 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>Addi LOL! I didn't notice Ludwigs floatie until now.

pray for me, mesh. I'm a sick sick man.

: (

addi Posted: Fri Feb 10 19:56:14 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jennemmer said:

>(but then I get to hang out with my boyfriend for the rest of the week so it's not all bad :)

Mums the word. I won't tell Myk....you lil' devil you.

addi Posted: Fri Feb 10 20:42:28 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Anyone else into the Olympics?

I love watching them. I'm in my pj's with a blanket getting ready for the opening ceremonies.

okay, I'm buzzed.

Mesh Posted: Fri Feb 10 20:47:45 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Can't say that I am. I think it's going to be History Channel International for me tonight.

Such a great channel.

jennemmer Posted: Fri Feb 10 23:00:25 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>jennemmer said:
>
>>(but then I get to hang out with my boyfriend for the rest of the week so it's not all bad :)
>
>Mums the word. I won't tell Myk....you lil' devil you.

;p

Posted: Sat Feb 11 03:34:32 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ah, Choke! Sorry to hear your day didn't go so well :(

I woke up late as usual, and did some work for a cognitive science paper I have to deliver in two weeks that I'm dreading beyond belief. I sat around in my undershorts and listened to the new Belle and Sebastian album (PS MEG IT IS EXCELLENT) and played with my dog.

I was late for work, as I always am, and my socks did not match the colour of my suit at all.

Afterwards, I took a very lovely lady out for dinner and drinks, and she came over to watch The Constant Gardener, which made me quite sad, but nothing so sad that a rousing bit of oral sex couldn't cheer up.

So, that's my day. Another friday in february and all that.

Mesh Posted: Sat Feb 11 04:52:51 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>Can't say that I am. I think it's going to be History Channel International for me tonight.
>
>
>Such a great channel.

That plan was a flop. I got sidetracked by Comedy Central. Such a shame, really. Especially since all the stand-ups were ones that I had seen at least twice before.

Oh well, tomorrow is going to be a good day. Not really though.

addi Posted: Sat Feb 11 06:31:37 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:

>but nothing so sad that a rousing bit of oral sex couldn't cheer up.

lol

oral sex...just what the doctor ordered to cure the winter blues.

I called to order some myself, but the pharmacist hung up on me.

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Feb 11 08:46:43 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sorry to hear that Choke, I can sympathize.
I spent all of last week flat on my back with sciatica in extreme pain.
Thank the gods for percocet.
I'm seeing a chirpractor on a regular basis now and getting some relief.
The regular doctors can't do much for this kind of injury.

I must say though, if I must trip and fall, I could do worse than landing on Choke.
:-)

FN Posted: Sat Feb 11 09:01:23 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1139564645/Racist_Teacher_

The "n-word".

Haha

addi Posted: Sat Feb 11 09:28:51 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>The "n-word".

Still trying to see the connection on this one between choke's accident, how your day is going, or oral sex.
: )

Regarding the news video link though...You literally can't go through a day in the Atlanta high schools without hearing black students calling each other "niggahs" countless times.
It's all in who saying the word here as to whether it's offensive or not.

A black student to another black student: okay

A black teacher to a black student: No big deal in most cases, depending on the context.

A white student to a black student: It's cool only if they're good friends.

A white teacher to a black student: Never acceptable.

choke Posted: Sat Feb 11 10:45:08 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jennemmer said:
>Choke: that's rough. I hope you'll be feeling better soon. (and then we'll meet up for cheesecake ;)
>
:D I look forward to it.

Thanks everyone, for your kind comments, last night was awful, and this morning everything is screaming so I'm not doing much. For some reason my legs are really sore even though I don't remember hitting them at all.

I got on the computer a week or so ago to find the MSN missing, and am not sure if it was a not so subtle hint from my host sister or not (it's her computer) so I don't know whether I should re-install it or not.

choke Posted: Sat Feb 11 10:51:26 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>Regarding the news video link though...You literally can't go through a day in the Atlanta high schools without hearing black students calling each other "niggahs" countless times.
>It's all in who saying the word here as to whether it's offensive or not.
>
One of my friends almost got suspended for talking to me in gangsta talk because we were both white. He didn't even say nigger he was just like "What up bitch?" It was kinda funny but it got so drawn out over like 2 days where he had to go argue his case in front of all these authorities and stuff and got off with a saturday detention. So pointless.

addi Posted: Sat Feb 11 10:54:33 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

> He didn't even say nigger he was just like "What up bitch?"

Well that wasn't very nice of him. You're not a bitch.

And get MSN. NOW!

choke Posted: Sat Feb 11 11:08:54 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>choke said:
>
>> He didn't even say nigger he was just like "What up bitch?"
>
>Well that wasn't very nice of him. You're not a bitch.
>
>
>And get MSN. NOW!

He wasn't being serious though :P Like he was making more fun of gangsta speak than me. And okay I'll start re installing now.

addi Posted: Sat Feb 11 12:47:16 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>He wasn't being serious though :P Like he was making more fun of gangsta speak than me.

No, I talked to him yesterday. He was serious. I called him a honkey.

>And okay I'll start re installing now.

I don't see you.

Ed Posted: Sat Feb 11 13:37:07 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's good to hear you're..........not dead. *thinks about it, but decides to withold any sort of hug-like thing lest he do more damage*

choke said:
>he had to go argue his case in front of all these authorities and stuff and got off with a saturday detention. So pointless.

How I'd love to be able to do that. If only I did anything bad enough to get something more severe than a detention.

My yesterday was uneventful, in comparison. I slacked off alot: watched a lot of vids online, wanted to punch one of my partners (for doing nothing in this physics project we've got). I almost forgot that teacher's set of weights on my bumper when I was leaving (because I figure that if this project is going to get done, I'll have to be the one to do it on my own time). I was supposed to go to my dad's last night, but I went to sleep sometime between 5pm and 6pm instead.

Started today off shortly after 9am, with soup and most of a bottle of non-alcoholic sangria. I'm currently procrastination on that physics project and hoping that I'll get another tenth of a percentage of the episodes of Red Dwarf that I'm downloading.

I'm also watching the snow fall...

Mesh Posted: Sat Feb 11 16:13:01 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  LOL

Get away from the door, nigga.

You know Mr. Keyshan said it firt. They all just lied to get the whitey teacher in trouble.

Kira Posted: Sat Feb 11 16:21:46 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's funny when you finally become the person to whom something really nasty happens, and all through the pain and anxiety a secret part of you is still thinking, "I can't wait to tell this story."

Mesh Posted: Sat Feb 11 16:33:39 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
> firt.
>

Also sometimes spelled with an s. As in, firSt.

Mesh Posted: Sat Feb 11 16:37:28 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And "the N word" used to be funny. That Saturday Night Live episode with Chevy Chase and Richard Pryor, where they're trading insults and Pryor calls him honky, then Chevy Chase calls him Nigger, so Richard Pryor calls him "dead honky." Now come on, that was a hilarious exchange. I could almost guarantee you that now they wouldn't even have a skit like that, even more they would never allow it to air on television.

iggy Posted: Mon Feb 13 13:47:32 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i'm sorry to hear abt what u went thru choke. *hugs*
hope u're feeling better

my day?

valentine's day dinner had to be cancelled cos she had to fly off to hongkong due to a last minute meeting.
no chance of a belated one this week as i'm flying off to china to shoot in some god-forsaken part of china.
no chance in seeing her cos she's coming back on the thursday night while i'm flying off on thursday morning.

so there u go. our first valentines where everything went kkaput

iggy Posted: Mon Feb 13 13:49:15 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  p/s i'm sorry i haven't been around much these days.

been shooting non-stop for the past couple of months.
plus i have my own nights now at the cafe/pub.

and spinning the occasional nights somewhere else.

Kira Posted: Mon Feb 13 15:18:25 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'd rather you be successful than posting every day.

Mesh Posted: Mon Feb 13 16:08:12 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I am a fresh college graduate. I took five years. I framed my degree and hung it on my wall. I have a real job. I go to bed at times I would normally just be heading out. I drive to work while itís dark out and listen to morning shows. I drink two cups of coffee so I donít fall asleep in my cube. I have a closet full of button down shirts and slacks. I wear black socks all the time. I get excited when its dress down Friday. I spend Sundays cleaning my apartment, doing laundry and ironing my clothes. I count down minutes until lunch and then I go eat with my co-workers. I no longer look forward to lame holidays like Martin Luther King Day because I don't fucking get off of work. I love every other Friday because my bank account grows. I signed up for a 401k plan so I can retire in 2040 and have money to buy Depends so I donít piss all over myself. I come home and watch my big fucking TV because Iím too tired to do anything else. I look at my pay stub to see social security taken out and let out a string of expletives because Iím sure as fuck never gonna see that money again. I have friends still in college that pressure me to drink during the week and I have to say no. I go out during the weekends and reminisce about the times I drank four 22 oz. margaritas during college while I get shitfaced off of two now. I think staying out past midnight becomes a late night. Iím a fucking drone and have become corporate America. I have thirty five years of same shit different day ahead of me. I love it.

Thank you. -Jamil Afza

Taken from Craigslist. I thought it was a good one.

And yeah Chan, I figured you were busy doing all sorts of neat and grand things, so that's good. Like Kira said, I'd rather you be successful and have fun doing it rather than be a regular poster. Just as long as you promise not to totally forget about this place :)

iggy Posted: Mon Feb 13 21:18:16 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  thank you =)

i really appreciate it

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]