Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Thread of Open..ness.
Mesh Posted: Fri Feb 17 18:48:11 2006  
  Jeez, some people have an unhealthy obsession with Dakota Fanning.

Yes she's cute. Yes she's done some decent acting in some good movies. Let's not go overboard with worshipping her though.

Aeon Posted: Fri Feb 17 22:00:58 2006  
  DEATH TO THE INFIDEL!

:: polishes his Dakota Fanning shrine ::

Kira Posted: Fri Feb 17 23:04:43 2006  
  She was not an asset to the DVD release of My Neighbor Totoro - the only Miyazaki film I was lucky enough to see before actually growing up. It was painful to watch.

Overall though a fine actress and a beautifully well-spoken child, and I DO gush shamelessly every time I catch her on a talk show.

Kira Posted: Fri Feb 17 23:30:35 2006  
  Kira said:
>I DO gush shamelessly every time I catch her on a talk show.

Always ending with, "Man I hope she doesn't grow up to be a drug addict."

Mesh Posted: Fri Feb 17 23:56:18 2006  
  Kira said:
>
>
>Always ending with, "Man I hope she doesn't grow up to be a drug addict."

I think the same thing everytime I see her. That seems to be the trend with most child actors/actresses.

I also think the same thing when I see Madylin Sweeten.

Ron Howard did ok though. He's a good example.

Mesh Posted: Fri Feb 17 23:57:37 2006  
  meshuggah said:
>
>I think the same thing everytime I see her. That seems to be the trend with most child actors/actresses.
>
>
>
>
>
>

Ok maybe not a majority of them have. But it's definitely happened to a fair share.

Mark Posted: Sat Feb 18 03:07:34 2006  
  meshuggah said:
>Jeez, some people have an unhealthy obsession with Dakota Fanning.

Who?? imdb says she starred in War of the Worlds, but can't remember her :p

Dancer Posted: Sat Feb 18 05:07:02 2006  
  Yes... i like this girl. i think she's a great actor.

she starred in I am sam (sean penn's daughter), war of the worlds, hide and seek... i'm always impressed.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sat Feb 18 10:51:49 2006  
  she's a good actress but she's played a couple of creepy little girl characters.

She's freaky and pale and translucent.

bleh.

Mouse Posted: Sat Feb 18 12:33:39 2006  
  Miss Fanning is rather cute and she is a pretty good actress. Was it here that I found that clip of her doing an interview with a japanese highschooler? She hugged him goodbye and he almost died, I thought he was going to fall down.

I was browsing about eBay and I had to click this to see if it really was what it was supposed to be.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Soul-of-Virgin-boy-untainted-wicca-magic-witchcraft_W0QQitemZ5668135509QQcategoryZ1523QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

novemberrain Posted: Sat Feb 18 12:46:03 2006  
  Mouse said:
>
>I was browsing about eBay and I had to click this to see if it really was what it was supposed to be.
>http://cgi.ebay.com/Soul-of-Virgin-boy-untainted-wicca-magic-witchcraft_W0QQitemZ5668135509QQcategoryZ1523QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

wow. There's a soul searching joke somewhere in there, but I refuse to make it ;P

DanSRose Posted: Sat Feb 18 14:32:06 2006  
  Now I know how to make a quick fi'ty bucks

And why would you move From California to Nebraska? That's like being born with a robot arm and cybornetic eyes and replacing them with meaty flesh and squishy lens' and fluid filled sacks.

DanSRose Posted: Sat Feb 18 14:32:52 2006  
  Also, while Dakota Fanning is awesome (Anyone else see the 'Taken' miniseries?), I'm more of a Christini Ricci person myself.

Mesh Posted: Sat Feb 18 15:28:07 2006  
  DanSRose said:
>I'm more of a Christini Ricci person myself.

DAN! I love Christina Ricci. And Natalie Portman. Mmmmmm.

So anyways I'm listening to Edgar Winter- Frankenstein. Haven't heard it in a while. God I still love that guitar "whawhawhawhahwwhwwwhefsfksfjsfksdfskfjsdfkjtwlkfsdffdsisioewkjsdlkfsdjklsdlkvsklsdsdlkflkjweoiweqijhfe" so good.

Mouse Posted: Sat Feb 18 22:32:19 2006  
  meshuggah said:
"whawhawhawhahwwhwwwhefsfksfjsfksdfskfjsdfkjtwlkfsdffdsisioewkjsdlkfsdjklsdlkvsklsdsdlkflkjweoiweqijhfe"
Lol!
I love ya meshomania, life would be incomplete without you to say random cool stuff.

Mouse Posted: Sat Feb 18 22:35:21 2006  
  meshuggah said:
>And Natalie Portman. Mmmmmm.
Sorry, but Ms. Portman belongs to me, it has already been decided. By majority anyways, I have sixty percent dibs. You're welcome to fight Cherry for the rest.

DanSRose Posted: Sat Feb 18 22:42:16 2006  
  Samuel L. Jackson will be in two great movies this year, one probably being one of the best ever. The other, with Christini Ricci.

Snakes on a Plane
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417148/

Black Snake Moan
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462200/

I don't know which I'm more looking foward for.

Kira Posted: Sat Feb 18 23:56:01 2006  
  I am still waiting with great anticipation for Ender's Game and The Last Unicorn to come anywhere close to maybe becoming films which would be available for viewing in movie theaters.

A part of me still cannot believe they would make a movie out of Ender's Game. I will be upset if they clean it up to much.

libra Posted: Sun Feb 19 01:05:18 2006  
  Kira said:

>
>A part of me still cannot believe they would make a movie out of Ender's Game. I will be upset if they clean it up to much.

that's how I feel...the best parts of that book are the kind of thing that they'd take out...

novemberrain Posted: Sun Feb 19 09:53:47 2006  
  Mouse said:
>meshuggah said:
>>And Natalie Portman. Mmmmmm.
>Sorry, but Ms. Portman belongs to me, it has already been decided. By majority anyways, I have sixty percent dibs. You're welcome to fight Cherry for the rest.

Whoa Whoa Whoa...I was not informed of this! Nor was I present for the vote! Recount! Recount!

Besides...she belongs to me ;P

Mouse Posted: Sun Feb 19 11:00:14 2006  
  novemberrain said:
>Whoa Whoa Whoa...I was not informed of this! Nor was I present for the vote! Recount! Recount!
>
>Besides...she belongs to me ;P

Like I said, you take take it up with Cherry, she and I have an agreement and you'd have to fight both of us for her. Of course, we reasonable people, we might share... a little.

(Hey novie, good to see ya:) )

Ed Posted: Sun Feb 19 15:03:18 2006  
  my ears are still ringing from the NIN concert last night...

JesusOnline Posted: Sun Feb 19 16:49:33 2006  
  Man on Fire, I thought Dakota was quite good in that.

How were NIN?
Is this still the tour with QOTSA.
(I seem to have caught the Shell Employee love for acronyms)

Ed Posted: Sun Feb 19 18:08:13 2006  
  JesusOnline said:
>How were NIN?

It was a good show. I'd have liked to hear The Perfect Drug, but I was later told that they just don't play it in concert.

>Is this still the tour with QOTSA.

No, Moving Units opened, but that was all.

Beep Posted: Sun Feb 19 19:09:33 2006  
  Surely it's not how much of her you own, but which part.
a little natalie can go a long way, or so i'm told.

I've never understood the fuss over 'perfect drug'. i think they have much better songs. Queens do rock lots though. though i think without olivieri they are at half mast. thouhgts?

Ed Posted: Sun Feb 19 19:53:29 2006  
  Beep said:
>I've never understood the fuss over 'perfect drug'. i think they have much better songs.

I'm not a big fan; if anything, I'm only a radio-fan of theirs.
I went there expecting nothing and slowly raised my expectations throughout the night. It just felt incomplete without it...

DanSRose Posted: Sun Feb 19 20:39:53 2006  
  I had Japanese food. Now I'm watching Frida. Then I will be going to the gym. That or finishing my new story.

Mesh Posted: Mon Feb 20 00:22:52 2006  
  I just had some delicious Borscht and Challah.

JesusOnline Posted: Mon Feb 20 03:34:41 2006  
  Beep said:
>Surely it's not how much of her you own, but which part.
>a little natalie can go a long way, or so i'm told.
>
>I've never understood the fuss over 'perfect drug'. i think they have much better songs. Queens do rock lots though. though i think without olivieri they are at half mast. thouhgts?

I thought that Oliveri leaving would be a big deal but I saw them at T in the Park and I think they caught the whole crowd by surprise at how good they were.

novemberrain Posted: Mon Feb 20 08:05:42 2006  
  Mouse said:
>novemberrain said:
>>Whoa Whoa Whoa...I was not informed of this! Nor was I present for the vote! Recount! Recount!
>>
>>Besides...she belongs to me ;P
>
>Like I said, you take take it up with Cherry, she and I have an agreement and you'd have to fight both of us for her. Of course, we reasonable people, we might share... a little.
>
>(Hey novie, good to see ya:) )

Aw, man! I'm never around when the good ones are divied up.

Good to see you too, Mouse. *hugs*

Beep Posted: Mon Feb 20 12:36:34 2006  
  JesusOnline said:
>I thought that Oliveri leaving would be a big deal but I saw them at T in the Park and I think they caught the whole crowd by surprise at how good they were.

I just don't think they write as well without him, the newest album is style over substance in my opinion. they might perform well, but i think homme needs another bit of creative input.

JesusOnline Posted: Mon Feb 20 13:37:45 2006  
  Sure, thats a very valid point. The new record isn't as good as say 'songs for the deaf' (or infact Rated R.)

I still hold out hope that a few desert sessions and a year and they'll release another great album

Beep Posted: Mon Feb 20 13:41:30 2006  
  The desert sessions make me happy inside.
rated r is my favorite album of theirs actually. closely followed by their self titled. heh, reminds me of the joke that no matter what you're talking about in any conversation about art music &c. if you tell the people 'i preferred the earlier stuff' you'll look very knowledgeable and cool.

have you heard much/any kyuss?

Mesh Posted: Mon Feb 20 15:32:22 2006  
  You know, I think yawns are amazing. Simply.....amazing. They are so interesting.

Yawning........one of mans many natural talents.

Mesh Posted: Mon Feb 20 18:24:04 2006  
  http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0217062contract1.html

I'd like to have a word with this man. And by "have a word with this man" I mean, beat him to death.

SntSaturn Posted: Mon Feb 20 22:43:22 2006  
  Wow mesh, that contract was ridiculous. I'm not sure I believe a man could seriously put that on paper for his expectations of his wife. *shudder*

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Feb 21 08:59:27 2006  
  SntSaturn said:
>Wow mesh, that contract was ridiculous. I'm not sure I believe a man could seriously put that on paper for his expectations of his wife. *shudder*
>
In Saudi Arabia, that guy might be considered too lenient.
in any event, it reminded me of this old joke:

He stormed into the kitchen and walked directly up to his wife. Pointing a finger in her face, he said sternly, "From now on, you need to know that I am the man of this house and my word is law! You will prepare me a gourmet meal tonight, and when I'm finished eating my meal, you will serve me a sumptuous dessert. After dinner you are going to go upstairs with me, and we will have the kind of sex that I want. After that, you are going to draw me my bath so I can relax. You will wash my back and towel me dry and bring me my robe. Then you will massage my feet and hands. Then after that's done, guess who's going to dress me and comb my hair?"

His wife replied, "The fuckin' funeral director would be my guess."

Aeon Posted: Tue Feb 21 17:28:14 2006  
  I really just couldn't believe that he had that strange Kama Sutra looking font for the last few pages' headings. He spent WAY too much time on it.

Kira Posted: Tue Feb 21 23:10:23 2006  
  My parents have a friend, Walt. Every time I see him he's wearing a three piece suit (sometimes with a bow tie) and when he is at a dinner table, he always stands up whenever a 'lady' sits down or gets up to leave. How often does one get to meet those adorably quirky people? He just makes me smile.

Mesh Posted: Wed Feb 22 10:22:04 2006  
  I need to workout. I'm just too sad to do it today.

Kira Posted: Wed Feb 22 16:40:14 2006  
  meshuggah said:
>I need to workout. I'm just too sad to do it today.

:(

*Hugs*

Mesh Posted: Wed Feb 22 18:40:42 2006  
  Kira said:
>
>:(
>
>*Hugs*

Thanks :) I did exercise, which made me feel better. Something about exercising just makes you feel good. Or it does me, at least.

Mesh Posted: Wed Feb 22 22:12:35 2006  
  Seriously guys, rope skipping is great exercise. Get a rope with weighted handles and PVC rope, and have a go at it for about ten minutes at a fast pace. Good cardio workout. Days I don't feel like running I skip rope.

Kira Posted: Wed Feb 22 22:26:45 2006  
  I've read you can get the same benefit from skipping rope in only a third of the time it would take to get that exercise from running. I like it also because it allows me to practice balance.

FN Posted: Thu Feb 23 05:05:22 2006  
  I know a few girls who do rope skipping on a competition level.

How weird is that.

Mesh Posted: Thu Feb 23 05:46:30 2006  
  Hey guys, guess who hates waking up early? Go on, take a guess.

PS. Competition? Whoa...do they see how long they can go without stopping or something?

addi Posted: Thu Feb 23 07:22:22 2006  
  meshuggah said:
>Hey guys, guess who hates waking up early? Go on, take a guess.

You must be talkin' about me.
: )

Two days ago I was literally sitting on a secluded beach. Some surfer dudes traded a few beers for a small sticky green bud. So I smoked that, sipped on a Kona beer, and watched the humpback whales surface and breech in front of me. Paradise on earth if there is one.

Today I stumble out of bed after a few hours sleep, face morning rush hour crazies in the pouring rain, listen to NPR on the radio about all the deaths in Iraq, and walk into a shit load of work at the office....

Back to life. Back to reality...

Beep Posted: Thu Feb 23 07:48:17 2006  
  Kira said:
>I've read you can get the same benefit from skipping rope in only a third of the time it would take to get that exercise from running. I like it also because it allows me to practice balance.

it definately beats going round on a treadmill watching mtv on a mute tv. though i think i'd take a run or a bike ride around a park over skipping. unless maybe you skipped around a park, heh, it may just be the new in thing, everyone'll be doing it this spring..

Wow Addi, heh, atleast you managed to get a lick of the sweet sugar cube of bliss. how long until you can retire? heh.

addi Posted: Thu Feb 23 08:28:58 2006  
  Beep said:

>Wow Addi, heh, atleast you managed to get a lick of the sweet sugar cube of bliss.

Such a lovely way of putting it. It's funny because I passed several sugar cane fields there. I should have mixed in some raw sugar cane with the pot and beer.

>how long until you can retire? heh.

ouch

still many many years away, Beeper...unless I win the lottery.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Feb 23 08:34:28 2006  
  addi said:
>
>Two days ago I was literally sitting on a secluded beach. Some surfer dudes traded a few beers for a small sticky green bud. So I smoked that, sipped on a Kona beer, and watched the humpback whales surface and breech in front of me. Paradise on earth if there is one.
>
>Today I stumble out of bed after a few hours sleep, face morning rush hour crazies in the pouring rain, listen to NPR on the radio about all the deaths in Iraq, and walk into a shit load of work at the office....
>
>Back to life. Back to reality...
>
I have a somewhat different way of dealing with reality.
When I go on vacation I realize that none of the ugly realities of our world stop just because I am in the mountains or on the beach. It just doesn't go away.
I've learned to deal with it no matter where I am. I can enjoy life no matter what my situation or location. It's not the geography that matters, it's the attitude. I know that sometimes you gotta just put everything aside and make some whoopee.
No matter what you do or where you go, the ugly stuff will always be there for you to revel in if you wanna. You can find fault in every nook and cranny on the planet and if suddenly tomorrow the whole world came to it's senses and saw everything your way, you would have a whole new set of circumstances to find fault with.
For me, life is good wherever I happen to be and yes, there are many things wrong with the world and I do what I can, but more importantly I live life to enjoy it and goddammit I do enjoy it.
I have no idea where this rant came from, it's a slow morning here in the office and now I gotta go pee.
Welcome back Addi.
:-)

addi Posted: Thu Feb 23 08:51:22 2006  
  ifihadahif said:

>I've learned to deal with it no matter where I am.

I guess you're a better man than I.

>Welcome back Addi.

thanks, hif

I hope you had a nice pee.

FN Posted: Thu Feb 23 12:02:54 2006  
  meshuggah said:
>PS. Competition? Whoa...do they see how long they can go without stopping or something?
>

They do all kinds of crazy tricks and what not. Quite impressive to see.

The first 5 minutes.

After that it's just watching boobs bounce.

During those first 5 minutes as well if we're being honest.

Mesh Posted: Thu Feb 23 18:00:39 2006  
  Christophe said:
>boobs

Haha, I hear that.

choke Posted: Thu Feb 23 18:20:09 2006  
  At the moment I'm eating a lose-weight bar that I don't actually want, like, or intend to buy. I went into a supermarket after school today and picked up a donut before I thought about what I was doing. Then I realized I couldn't walk out with just a donut because then I'd be the fatty who went to a supermarket just for a donut. So I was going to put it back but if I walked out with nothing they'd think I was stealing. So I wandered around for about 15min, looking for other things to buy. I was going to buy more food and pretend it was for a party or something but then they'd wonder why I was alone, probably not believe me, and think I was even more of a fatty. And I'd have to carry it all home. I realized I was starting to look conspicious, spending so much time in a supermarket with only a donut to show for it. So I picked up a box or lose-weight bars to counterbalance the obvious craving I had for a donut.

So I went through the checkout and got those. And then I ate the donut in like, 5 seconds. And realized I was left with lose-weight bars I didn't actually want. And I had to hide them from my house keeper because she might think I was anorexic, not knowing the full story. And then I ate one and they're really gross and I don't know what to do with them. Because if I throw them out it will be a waste, and to anyone who looks in my rubbish bin, it will look like I tried to lose weight and failed.

So at the moment they're under my bed, the shame of my small life.

Mesh Posted: Thu Feb 23 18:52:10 2006  
  choke said:
>diet bars and stuff

Awww <3

Unrelated note: I've not combed my hair in about two weeks(I still wash it everyday, I'm not a total bum goddamnit) and you can hardly even tell. It's like it just magically untangles and straightens istelf.

choke Posted: Thu Feb 23 19:18:30 2006  
  meshuggah said:

>
>
>
>
>Unrelated note: I've not combed my hair in about two weeks(I still wash it everyday, I'm not a total bum goddamnit) and you can hardly even tell. It's like it just magically untangles and straightens istelf.

I totally know what you mean. At first it feels dirty not to brush your hair, but by the end of the day it just feels the same.

Mesh Posted: Thu Feb 23 19:28:59 2006  
  meshuggah said:
>istelf.

In some languages, this word is even spelled i-t-s-e-l-f. Weird, I know.

Mesh Posted: Thu Feb 23 20:23:28 2006  
  Aha! Abdullah Issa, now I've got your number. Oh, you sir are going to get it now. lol.

Mesh Posted: Fri Feb 24 05:49:19 2006  
  Good Morning. And by Good, I mean "meh". And by morning, I mean "It won't be light out for another three hours."

choke Posted: Fri Feb 24 13:22:26 2006  
  meshuggah said:
>Good Morning. And by Good, I mean "meh". And by morning, I mean "It won't be light out for another three hours."

Mesh you just brightened up my day like this much |---------------------|

choke Posted: Fri Feb 24 13:32:18 2006  
  choke said:
>
>Mesh you just brightened up my day like this much |---------------------|

Which may not look like a lot but I feel terrible this morning. I don't even want to turn the light on. And it's like 12.30. So not morning anymore, even. Terrible this afternoon, in fact.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Feb 24 16:13:35 2006  
  This evening my wonderful wife is taking me to the steak house at Caesar's where I will be enjoying a New York Strip (medium rare) and she will be enjoying a ribeye (medium).
I can almost smell it now . . .YUM !

Mesh Posted: Fri Feb 24 18:14:24 2006  
  choke said:
>
>Which may not look like a lot but I feel terrible this morning. I don't even want to turn the light on. And it's like 12.30. So not morning anymore, even. Terrible this afternoon, in fact.

Aww, I hope you feel better soon.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/hissyfit.html

LOL, calm down.

Mouse Posted: Fri Feb 24 21:09:26 2006  
  I <3 mesh and choke. Fun people are fun.

Why can't I be fun?

And choke, you thought about that supermarket stop waaaay too much. ;P

Ed Posted: Fri Feb 24 21:39:48 2006  
  Mouse said:
>I <3 mesh and choke. Fun people are fun.

word

>And choke, you thought about that supermarket stop waaaay too much. ;P

that was a great story

choke Posted: Fri Feb 24 22:07:08 2006  
  I have a feeling I thought about it too much as well. And later that night, I was hanging out with some friends, and they were like "Oh we just went to Jewel and got some chewing gum."

:/

Just. Chewing gum.

And they had no inner turmoil about it whatsoever.

choke Posted: Fri Feb 24 22:09:05 2006  
  Mouse said:
>
>
>
>Why can't I be fun?
>
Mouse you are fun.

choke Posted: Fri Feb 24 22:10:15 2006  
  meshuggah said:
>
>Aww, I hope you feel better soon.
>
>
>
>
I feel like I should be out surviving, or evolving, or something.

Kira Posted: Fri Feb 24 22:30:30 2006  
  Sometimes when I'm getting gas - pay at the pump - I will still go inside just for a candy bar, like when I was a kid. All the cashier ever says is, "86 cent" which is really just him talking to himself 'cause I already know it's more than zero but less than a dollar. And if he says to me, "That it?" I just say, "Phooey on you name tag, I came for chocolate and chocolate I will get!"

choke Posted: Sat Feb 25 01:29:33 2006  
  I'm making cargo pants cool again.

Mesh Posted: Sat Feb 25 02:14:39 2006  
  Kira said:
>Funny

LOL

Mouse said:
>I <3 mesh and choke. Fun people are fun.
>
>Why can't I be fun?

Aww thanks. But you are fun!

choke said:
>I'm making cargo pants cool again.

You most certainly are not. You're making them catch fire!

choke Posted: Sat Feb 25 02:20:13 2006  
  meshuggah said:
Hooray someone is here at last! It's like 1.20am and I've been doing yoga and posting far more than is necessary because I can't sleep.

choke Posted: Sat Feb 25 02:22:23 2006  
  meshuggah said:
>choke said:
>>I'm making cargo pants cool again.
>
>
>
>You most certainly are not. You're making them catch fire!
>
Lol and thanks. Do you know how hard it is to take a photo of your own pants? This is the only that didn't have unnatural arm twisting in it. But it also doesn't show enough of the pants so you can't get the full cargo pants fantasticalness.

Mesh Posted: Sat Feb 25 03:06:22 2006  
  choke said:
>meshuggah said:
>Hooray someone is here at last! It's like 1.20am and I've been doing yoga and posting far more than is necessary because I can't sleep.

Oh and then I went and ran away on you :(

There was something on the history channel I just had to watch.

Mesh Posted: Sat Feb 25 03:16:44 2006  
  I need to go shopping tomorrow! Fark.

Mesh Posted: Sat Feb 25 03:18:52 2006  
  http://www.nrk.no/lydverket/

Don't mind that. I just need it for later.

addi Posted: Sat Feb 25 10:39:32 2006  
  choke said:

>Lol and thanks. Do you know how hard it is to take a photo of your own pants?

What you need to do is take off your pants, set them on a chair, and then take a picure of them. If you insist on having your own legs in the pants though this won't work. In that case you ask a friend to take a picture of you while you have them on.

*lovely pic, tiff. Those are some lucky cargo pants : )

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Feb 25 10:57:57 2006  
  mmmmm, choke taking off her pants, now I need a cold shower.

What is it with GT and all the hot babes that gather here ?

addi Posted: Sat Feb 25 11:19:52 2006  
  ifihadahif said:

>What is it with GT and all the hot babes that gather here ?

one can only conclude that word has gotten out of all the hot manly studs that gather here.

now excuse me while I go try to take a picture of myself in cargo pants.

choke Posted: Sat Feb 25 12:23:57 2006  
  addi said:
>choke said:
>
>>Lol and thanks. Do you know how hard it is to take a photo of your own pants?
>
>What you need to do is take off your pants, set them on a chair, and then take a picure of them. If you insist on having your own legs in the pants though this won't work. In that case you ask a friend to take a picture of you while you have them on.
>
>*lovely pic, tiff. Those are some lucky cargo pants : )

I'll have to get a friend to take a photo. I just couldn't find anyone awake at 1.30am who would oblige:P

And can you tell in the pic I haven't brushed my hair in three days :P

addi Posted: Sat Feb 25 13:10:54 2006  
  choke said:

>And can you tell in the pic I haven't brushed my hair in three days :P

It was the first thing I noticed. Shame on you. Something tells me though that most plonkers here aren't going to be focusing on your hair.

FN Posted: Sat Feb 25 13:17:49 2006  
  Tits and belly, ofcourse.

choke Posted: Sat Feb 25 13:20:32 2006  
  addi said:
>choke said:
>
>>And can you tell in the pic I haven't brushed my hair in three days :P
>
>It was the first thing I noticed. Shame on you. Something tells me though that most plonkers here aren't going to be focusing on your hair.
>
>: )

Well the point of the pic IS the cargo pants so naturally they would be focusing on the design, the fabric, the colouration...

:P

choke Posted: Sat Feb 25 13:27:35 2006  
  ...I'ma just pretend I didn't see Christophe's post :P

addi Posted: Sat Feb 25 13:29:20 2006  
  choke said:

>Well the point of the pic IS the cargo pants so naturally they would be focusing on the design, the fabric, the colouration...

you leave me no recourse but to do a Ludwig pic of this...focusing on the design, the fabric, and the colouration of your cargo pants.

and stop spelling colouration weird. it's the work of the devil you know.

choke Posted: Sat Feb 25 13:35:08 2006  
  addi said:
>
>and stop spelling colouration weird. it's the work of the devil you know.
>

Lol. I type articles up for a literary magazine at my school, and the editor was like "WTF? Is Algela European or something?! She spelt favourite with a U!"

I just shut my mouth and carried on with my small rebellion :P

Mesh Posted: Sat Feb 25 17:14:35 2006  
  colour, favour, harbour, somethingelse-our.

I support you choke in your not brushing of the hair. Good call.

Kira Posted: Sat Feb 25 18:03:52 2006  
  I have been spelling "grey" with an E ever since I learned to write, while most of America uses an A.

But colour with a U is just weird! LOL

Kira Posted: Sat Feb 25 21:46:26 2006  
  Fitness gyms make most of their money off of people who buy memberships and then never attend. These folks may come frequently at first, then less and less, finally disappearing altogether, but they are still members, so the gym doesn't care.

THIS IS NOT A GYM! The GT Police have been seriously lax in their responsibilities and I am going to complain to the commissioner!!

Mesh Posted: Sat Feb 25 23:11:48 2006  
  Hey you dirty goddamned Prussians! Don't you EVEN think I've forgotten about Slesvig! GRRRRR!!!!! YOU WILL RUE THE DAY! I want it all!

Mouse Posted: Sun Feb 26 15:19:27 2006  
  When I try to say the word 'wark' no sound whatsoever comes out of my mouth. And when I try to talk only the second halves of the longer words I say are actually vocalized, the rest is just miserable little squeaking noises. I've already taken medicine and I'm waiting to see if it's planning on taking effect.
I'm so easily suggestable. I bought something today because I had seen an adverisment for it, I happened to need it at the time but it was the ad that made me look for that specific item.
I want cargo pants, black low rise ones that brush the floor when I'm not wearing shoes would be ideal. I used to have a pair of desert camo army cargos, but they hung too low on my hips and weren't very comfy.

Mouse

Beep Posted: Sun Feb 26 17:23:01 2006  
  There's a shop in town which is the cool. they've been open since the 70s and are totally independant making clothes. they make me awesome trousers out of any material you ask for in any design you want. all for 30 quid or less. the whole shop is just groovy. he's had offers from big companies to take his designs, like even reebok and stuff, but he says no.

heh, not that it'll make much difference to you, but if you're ever in nottingham, look it up. 'tis called G-force. the G stands for geek, which i also think is cool.

damn. they should pay me to advertise, i just wrote a load.

and choke, when it comes to supermarkets and doughnuts you think too much. just take a deep breath and be yourself :)

Ed Posted: Mon Feb 27 00:32:06 2006  
  I found this article about an indestructible alloy, in my physics book and tried to google it, but I only found 1)crap 2)someone else in my situation (who typed the article, so I don't have to!) 3) http://www.ncnr.nist.gov/cgi-bin/dates?instr=bt1

I thought it might fit on that thread about the hyper drive, but I figured that the likelihood of it being read on this one was greater.

Impervium? Eternium? What do you call a nearly unbreakable metal? Dr. Richard Waterstrat has been pondering that question ever since he invented an alloy that is nearly impervious to wear.
Several years ago at the National Institute for Standards and Technology, Dr. Waterstrat was developing a metal for use in artificial hips and knees. Because the alloy would be implanted into the human body, it needed to be both nontoxic and crack-resistant.

He made one alloy by mixing three metals- zirconium, palladium, and ruthenium. The alloy seemed promising, so Dr. Waterstrat sent it down to the machine shop to prepare a sample for testing. Soon after, Dr. Waterstrat received a call from a worker in the shop who reported that he was unable to cut the alloy in a lathe, using conventional methods. At first, Dr. Waterstrat thought the metal might simply be too hard to cut. But closer examination revealedthat a very thin fibrous layer had formed wherever force had been applied to the metal. The crystalline structure of the alloy's surface had changed in response to the force to prevent new damage. THe metal had actually 'healed itself.'

'The new crystals are harder and stronger than the original crystals,' Dr. Waterstrat explained, 'and that reinforces or 'heals' the defects that form as a result of the applied stress, making the material, in fact, stronger than it was to begin with. So the unusual wear resistance is due to the fact that the metal is contunually forming crystals under stress to resist further wear'

Dr. Waterstrat's alloy not only was resistant to cracking, but also was found to be nearly impervious to wear. He submitted the alloy to a test to measure its wear-resistance, its ability to withstand intense wear over long periods of time. After a pin was rubbed against the metal for 5 million cycles, the alloy shoed practically no wear. Artificial joints are constantly subjected towear, so it seemed that Dr. Waterstrat had finally found his ideal metal.While the alloy is still being perfected for use in joint replacements, there are other applications for which it might be used. Any piece of metal that is subject to extreme wear, such as drill bits, bearings in machinery, or needles in sewing machines, could be coated with the wonder metal. The alloy seems to be corrosion-resistant, suggesting that it could be used as the metal contact in an electric circuit, a part that is constantly subjected to high wear and corrosion. The indestructible ally is here; now all it needs is a name." --- Holt Physics page 129

Ed Posted: Mon Feb 27 01:47:10 2006  
  also, I was helping my grandfather move out of his house today and saw that he has a clock which claimed perpetual motion.
I think it looked like this one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/1970-Vintage-Le-Coultre-Atmos-Mantle-Clock-309358-NR_W0QQitemZ6607371819QQcategoryZ13858QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I did some digging and found this
http://www.atmosclocks.com/AMcFiles/history.htm

Mesh Posted: Mon Feb 27 09:41:05 2006  
  Ed said:
>Roswell aliens alloy

Whoa, that's pretty cool/interesting.

Heut' ist mein Tag
Heut' ist mein Tag

Ich fühl' mich gut
Und mach mein Herz auf
Laß die Sonne rein
Jeder Tag soll ein Geschenk
Und was besond'res sein

Ich steh' auf
Schau' aus dem Fenster
In ein Himmelblau
Vertrieben sind die Nachtgespenster
Und ich weiß genau

Heut' ist mein Tag
Heut' ist mein Tag
Heut' ist mein Tag

Ich schau' in den Spiegel
Zieh' mir was besond'res an
Es ist kaum zu glauben
Daß man so gut ausseh'n kann

Ich tanz' auf der Straße
Lach' den Menschen ins Gesicht
Alles denkt, ich bin verrückt
Denn sie wißen nicht

Heut' ist mein Tag
Heut' ist mein Tag
Heut' ist mein Tag

What a song. I wish I felt like that today.

Ed Posted: Mon Feb 27 11:58:49 2006  
  meshuggah said:
>Ed said:
>>Roswell aliens alloy
>
>
>Whoa, that's pretty cool/interesting.

Hahaha

why's it so dead here?

Mesh Posted: Mon Feb 27 12:29:03 2006  
  Ed said:
>
>why's it so dead here?

No clue, but it sure is teh suk.

Also, not that I think she is ugly or anything, but I don't see what is so "hot" in particular about Karima Adebibe. I guess I'm in the minority on that one?

addi Posted: Mon Feb 27 13:14:33 2006  
  meshuggah said:

>Also, not that I think she is ugly or anything, but I don't see what is so "hot" in particular about Karima Adebibe. I guess I'm in the minority on that one?

I'm with you, mesh. She strikes me as too stereotypical physically..no redeeming character flaws. I looked at some photos and nothing moved.

Now that Carmina Burana..she's hot.

Mesh Posted: Mon Feb 27 14:12:51 2006  
  Another one is Eliza Dushku. She looks like Droopy Dog for Christsakes!

Ed Posted: Mon Feb 27 17:09:46 2006  
  I think that Jennifer Garner, Liv Tyler, Jennifer Aniston, and Angelina Jolie are overrated (as attractive beings).

just to name a few

and Ludwig is scaring me. I shuddered when I saw that...

addi Posted: Mon Feb 27 17:44:16 2006  
  Ed said:

>and Ludwig is scaring me. I shuddered when I saw that...

lol

He is kinda scarey come to think of it...but he's really harmless.

try focusing on choke and not Ludwig

choke Posted: Mon Feb 27 17:50:20 2006  
  addi said:
>Ed said:
>
>>and Ludwig is scaring me. I shuddered when I saw that...
>
>lol
>
>He is kinda scarey come to think of it...but he's really harmless.
>
>try focusing on choke and not Ludwig

Lol. I could take him.

And I bought a donut on my way home from school today, just to see if I could.

addi Posted: Mon Feb 27 18:40:42 2006  
  choke said:

>Lol. I could take him.

don't try, choke. It just encourages him

Ed Posted: Mon Feb 27 19:52:53 2006  
  addi said:
>try focusing on choke and not Ludwig

I did! But now it's just ruined.

choke said:
>Lol. I could take him.

Ludwig or me? either way, you probably could.

Kira Posted: Mon Feb 27 20:19:55 2006  
  >BLOO!

Purdy.

libra Posted: Mon Feb 27 20:24:09 2006  
  i'm bored, and i don't want to study.

Mesh Posted: Mon Feb 27 21:25:41 2006  
  "Hi hello you owe us moneyz for unpaid billz lololollooololdoll>."

"Noooo......I don't. You already took out both payments from my checking account...you know....on the automatic payment plan I've been on for some time now...."

"Hi hello you owe us moneyz for unpaid billz lololollooololdoll>."

"Well actually, see, I just checked my bank account online, and well, yes, as expected, you guys did take out the payments...."

"lol oh i c ya we make mistake lolollolollzo0rzlol lol! kthx bai"

"fuck you very much, bye."

Mesh Posted: Mon Feb 27 21:27:03 2006  
  meshuggah said:
>^^^^^

True story.

choke Posted: Mon Feb 27 21:39:12 2006  
  addi said:
>choke said:
>
>>Lol. I could take him.
>
>don't try, choke. It just encourages him
>

Smells like fear to me :P

choke Posted: Mon Feb 27 21:40:25 2006  
  Ed said:
>addi said:
>>try focusing on choke and not Ludwig
>>: )
>
>I did! But now it's just ruined.
>
>choke said:
>>Lol. I could take him.
>
>Ludwig or me? either way, you probably could.

Tis okay Ed I was referring to Ludwig. You're safe, for now.

addi Posted: Mon Feb 27 21:51:53 2006  
  choke said:

>Smells like fear to me :P

smells like teen spirit to him

Mesh Posted: Mon Feb 27 21:55:00 2006  
  addi said:
>choke said:
>
>>Smells like fear to me :P
>
>smells like teen spirit to him
>
>

That deoderant doesn't even smell good. It smells like, not good smelling stuff.

Mesh Posted: Mon Feb 27 22:02:37 2006  
  Kira said:
>>BLOO!
>
>

Wait wait wait, you mean Blooregard Q. Kazoo?

Ed Posted: Mon Feb 27 22:13:32 2006  
  choke said:
>You're safe...FOR NOW! *shakes fist and laughs maniacally*

O_O
<.<
>.>

Mesh Posted: Mon Feb 27 22:15:35 2006  
  Ed said:
>
>O_O
><.<
>>.>

^_____________^

Kira Posted: Mon Feb 27 22:21:45 2006  
  meshuggah said:
>Kira said:
>>>BLOO!
>>
>>
>
>
>
>Wait wait wait, you mean Blooregard Q. Kazoo?

I was hallucinating.

misszero Posted: Tue Feb 28 00:09:35 2006  
  i saw a guy in a fnord shirt the other day. his friend was telling him about a king joffrey and this big conspiracy. then his friend showed him his new Lord of the Rings Risk board game. i was awestruck.

Mesh Posted: Tue Feb 28 02:52:30 2006  
  Oh I'm a bad person :(

addi Posted: Tue Feb 28 07:22:30 2006  
  misszero said:
>i saw a guy in a fnord shirt the other day. his friend was telling him about a king joffrey and this big conspiracy.

I haven't a clue what any of this means, but it's sure nice seeing you around here again, miss oh

FN Posted: Tue Feb 28 11:46:07 2006  
  Alright so carnaval is almost over.

1 guy died (drowned in the city's river) and a lot of people got at least seriously injured lol.

But most just had a very good time.

I however am in quite the predicament.

I started talking to some girl whose appears was of the tasty kind if you know what I mean.

Yeah, you know what I mean.

So we're dancing and shouting in eachother's ears, and I figure: I'll ask her how old she is (I estimated her to be about 20-21, which would still be in my range I figured).

Apparantly, she's 29. Haha

So I'm like "shit, this isn't good" and all confused since she looked so damn hot (can 29 year old women do that?) so apparantly she swims alot and what not.

Anyway, long story short: she already had my number and I kind of backed off, being freaked a little, but she kept on texting me and has now invited to meet me in 2 hours for the burning of the puppet (= ending of carnaval with all kinds of promiscuities as the puppet is set ablaze)

And I don't know wether I should go or not because I could totally do her haha but 10 year age difference is a bit much don't you think

libra Posted: Tue Feb 28 12:17:54 2006  
  Christophe said:

>
>And I don't know wether I should go or not because I could totally do her haha but 10 year age difference is a bit much don't you think

I have two friends who are now or have in the past dated someone seven to nine years older than them...I think it's just about the people, not the ages (though sometimes its just gross--really old guys with young girls, etc)

FN Posted: Tue Feb 28 13:12:30 2006  
  Yeah but it is different depending on who's the older one (guy or girl)

All my girlfriends, with 2 or 3 exceptions, have been older than me, but not this old lol.

Meh, I'm going since some of my friends are going as well, and I'll see what happens, it's not like I'm going to get into something with her anyway and I might as well just have some fun

addi Posted: Tue Feb 28 15:21:58 2006  
  Christophe said:
>Yeah but it is different depending on who's the older one (guy or girl)

Can you say double standard?

Like I've said before to you... If I'm still kickin' when you turn 30, and some very hot 19 year old beauty of your dreams hits on you, I'd be willing to bet Hif's right nut that your response won't be, "Well, I'd really love to make it with you, but because you're so much younger my dick and I will have to say No, thank you."

>Meh, I'm going since some of my friends are going as well,

Let us know what happens : )

Mesh Posted: Tue Feb 28 18:03:32 2006  
  I really hate how addictings this song is.

Moskau, fremd und geheimnisvoll,
Türme aus rotem Gold, kalt wie das Eis.
Moskau, doch wer dich wirklich kennt,
der weiß, ein Feuer brennt in dir so heiß.
Kosaken hej, hej, hej, leert die Gläser, Natascha ha, ha, ha, du bist schön.
Tawaritsch hej, hej, hej, auf das Leben,
auf dein Wohl, Bruder hej Bruder ho! Hej, hej, hej, hej!

Moskau, Moskau, wirf die Gläser an die Wand,
Rußland ist ein schönes Land, ho, ho, ho, ho, ho! Hej!
Moskau, Moskau, deine Seele ist so groß,
Nachts da ist der Teufel los, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Hej!
Moskau, Moskau, Liebe schmeckt wie Kaviar,
Mädchen sind zum küssen da, ho, ho, ho, ho, ho!
Moskau, Moskau, komm wir tanzen auf dem Tisch,
bis der Tisch zusammenbricht, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!
Moskau, Tor zur Vergangenheit, Spiegel der Zarenzeit, rot wie das Blut.
Moskau, wer deine Seele kennt, der weiß, die Liebe brennt heiß wie die Glut
Kosaken hej, hej, hej, leert die Gläser, Natascha ha, ha, ha, du bist schön.
Tawaritsch hej, hej, hej, auf die Liebe,
auf dein Wohl, Mädchen, hej Mädchen, ho! Hej, hej, hej, hej!

Moskau, Moskau, Wodka trinkt man pur und kalt,
das macht hundert Jahre alt, ho, ho, ho, ho, ho! Hej!
Moskau, Moskau, Väterchen dein Glas ist leer,
doch im Keller ist noch mehr, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Hej

It's called Moskau by Dschingis Khan. I knew I shouldn't have started to listened to it again. Last time it was harder to quit than black tar heroin.

misszero Posted: Tue Feb 28 19:06:57 2006  
  i think there was a quite prolific of fnord (courtesy of mesh i believe) a little while ago.... i don't think it would show up in that many posts. I didn't really understand the fnord, or the joffrey either, but i think it involved role playing games (a belief that was more or less concreted for me upon the presentation of the LOTR risk.... hrm). And thankyou addi, its nice to be home :)

FN Posted: Tue Feb 28 20:51:35 2006  
  addi said:
>Let us know what happens : )

Went over there anyway, had a really good time lol.

But gentlemen never kiss and tell

I feel like a slut

addi Posted: Tue Feb 28 21:12:59 2006  
  Christophe said:

>I feel like a slut

lol!

Sometimes you feel like a slut... sometimes you don't.

you'll feel like a new man in the morning : )

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Mar 1 08:03:41 2006  
  I don't get it, how many times have you young'uns posted here that age doesn't make a bit of difference when talking about politics, social mores, or accrued wisom, or smarts ?

Yet something as simple as two people hooking up has to be made into something so complicated. If you both want to be together, then what is the fucking problem ?

addi Posted: Wed Mar 1 08:32:30 2006  
  Although I happen to agree with you, hif, I'm guessing their comeback might be that mores, wisdom, smarts, etc..are in the non-contact conceptual realm of the mind. They have no problem with that. Whereas a love relationship between a younger and older person involves physical contact...and that added factor probably makes all the difference in their opinions. I'm taking a wild guess here that ones age, culture, and gender influences how they feel about this.

If I found myself single and out on the meat market again, age difference wouldn't be very high on my priority list of potential partners. Whether your partner is much younger than you, or much older, you better have a solid bond of love, trust, and communication or things are doomed from the start, despite your age similarity or difference.

FN Posted: Wed Mar 1 09:40:04 2006  
  The thing is though:

Normally, relationship wise, I'm not big on high age differences when you're under 35 or something.

And also, usually the guy is a little older than the girl, while I think that a 19 year old guy with a 29 year old girl (even if she looks 21) is weird.

Keeping in mind that she's working and giving press conferences in Brussels and all over the country basicly and representing her province (she works for the marketing and PR department or the tourism service of a beachside province here) and has her own house etc, and I'm still a kid going to school living with his mother haha, I think it is weird yeah.

And also, I'm guessing once you hit 30 you're looking to settle down, which isn't exactly what I'm planning on

And also, it was just a fling as far as I'm concerned, nothing too serious (even though I like her since she looks *good* and seems to have a brain as well), but apparantly she's taking it rather seriously and texting me all the time and what not to see me again and such and I don't know how to handle this lol

FN Posted: Wed Mar 1 09:47:28 2006  
  Anyway, I'm not planning on getting into anything serious, even if I wanted to (which I don't) it'd fail.

I just feel like an ass because it seemed like I was the one using her while I thought it would have been a mutual thing

addi Posted: Wed Mar 1 10:15:15 2006  
  Christophe said:

>I just feel like an ass because it seemed like I was the one using her while I thought it would have been a mutual thing

Just keep in mind that she's a big girl and can make her own decisions. No one was forcing her to be with you...and I'm sure you didn't give her the impression that you want to fall in love and settle down in your life now.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Mar 1 10:45:20 2006  
  Christophe said:

>I just feel like an ass because it seemed like I was the one using her while I thought it would have been a mutual thing
>
Hey everybody, Chris has a conscience !
:-)

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Mar 1 11:13:08 2006  
  addi said:
>Although I happen to agree with you, hif, I'm guessing their comeback might be that mores, wisdom, smarts, etc..are in the non-contact conceptual realm of the mind. They have no problem with that. Whereas a love relationship between a younger and older person involves physical contact...and that added factor probably makes all the difference in their opinions. I'm taking a wild guess here that ones age, culture, and gender influences how they feel about this.
>

>If I found myself single and out on the meat market again, age difference wouldn't be very high on my priority list of potential partners. Whether your partner is much younger than you, or much older, you better have a solid bond of love, trust, and communication or things are doomed from the start, despite your age similarity or difference.
>
Absolutely and what it boils down to for me, is that if you really want to be with someone and you let something as trivial as age difference keep you from it, then you have a problem.

Beep Posted: Wed Mar 1 11:19:45 2006  
  hehe, chris is a toyboy :P
It doesn't seem like you've led her on, and she's old enough to make her own decisions, i don't see a problem.
does she know how old you are? if so then i don't think there's anything wrong, age is just a number in my opinion.

and choke, well done on the doughnut, did it taste good?

libra Posted: Wed Mar 1 12:55:54 2006  
  Christophe said:

>
>And also, it was just a fling as far as I'm concerned, nothing too serious (even though I like her since she looks *good* and seems to have a brain as well), but apparantly she's taking it rather seriously and texting me all the time and what not to see me again and such and I don't know how to handle this lol

that reminds me...a friend of my boyfriend dated a married woman who had two kids when he was in high school. He basically used her, her self esteem was so low that she would do basically anything for this guy...so watch out for a situation like that...

choke Posted: Wed Mar 1 14:25:36 2006  
  Beep said:
>
>and choke, well done on the doughnut, did it taste good?

Actually it sucked. It was all dry.

And Christophe just a question.. Would you have done it if she was 30?

addi Posted: Wed Mar 1 15:21:08 2006  
  choke said:

>Actually it sucked. It was all dry.

Aaaagh! Geez, Choke..don't set me up with lines like this. It is SO hard not to make a snide comment.

>And Christophe just a question.. Would you have done it if she was 30?

Rumor has it all he did was read her his poetry at a dimly lit wine bar as she stared dreamily into his eyes. That's why he felt like such a slut the next day.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Mar 1 16:04:33 2006  
  choke said:
>Beep said:
>>
>>and choke, well done on the doughnut, did it taste good?
>
>Actually it sucked. It was all dry.
>
>
30 ? OMG !
That old stuff was probably all shriveled up and full of cobwebs !

Mesh Posted: Wed Mar 1 16:15:47 2006  
  30 is a fine age. Mmmmm, in fact, it is probably the best age.

FN Posted: Wed Mar 1 17:54:12 2006  
  addi said:
>Rumor has it all he did was read her his poetry at a dimly lit wine bar as she stared dreamily into his eyes. That's why he felt like such a slut the next day.

Actually that wasn't that far from the truth haha

She asked if I was drunk like my friends, and I offered her to have a drink from my bottle of wine (that I was carrying along with the other beverages on carnaval in a backpack lol) I said I wasn't drunk, she asked me to prove it, so I quoted some poetry and she went "oh love that poem I can't believe you know it by heart", at which I replied that I wondered if she really knew the poem so I asked her to name her favourite poet, and quoted a poem of that one too, at which point we kissed.

choke said:

Ran like the wind

FN Posted: Wed Mar 1 17:57:24 2006  
  libra said:
>that reminds me...a friend of my boyfriend dated a married woman who had two kids when he was in high school. He basically used her, her self esteem was so low that she would do basically anything for this guy...so watch out for a situation like that...

Yeah no shit

I'm not planning on dating her, I'll just let it bleed to death and remember her with a smile

addi Posted: Wed Mar 1 18:56:21 2006  
  Christophe said:

>Actually that wasn't that far from the truth haha

You are a romantic deep down : )

Now go ask her out again, damn you!

beetlebum Posted: Wed Mar 1 19:02:19 2006  
  i don't think that difference in age is inherently a problem, although people should look far down the road... being 59 while your wife is 70- that's quite a difference.

however, a single career woman at 30 is *typically* in a different mind set than a man of 19 living at home/attending university, etc. and that's where the real problem lies. it's not so much age, but the type of relationship that one wants- they both need to be looking for the same commitment. if one wants more than the other, it ain't gonna work.

addi Posted: Wed Mar 1 21:47:16 2006  
  Beetlebum posted! Yea

and not one stinkin' comment on my avatar pic yet. I laughed so hard when I first saw that cartoon. Is my sense of humor that abnormal?

Just stop and think about it : )

Mesh Posted: Wed Mar 1 21:56:44 2006  
  addi said:
>Beetlebum posted! Yea
>
>and not one stinkin' comment on my avatar pic yet. I laughed so hard when I first saw that cartoon. Is my sense of humor that abnormal?
>
>Just stop and think about it : )
>
>

I laughed. I just didn't want to seem like a "prevert".

In other news:

0/

addi Posted: Wed Mar 1 22:11:55 2006  
  meshuggah said:

>In other news: Mesh arrested for laughing at a perverted cartoon in a public forum. Pat Robertson blames Katrina on degenerates like him.

thanks, meshie : )

Mesh Posted: Wed Mar 1 22:31:10 2006  
  It's like the V For Vendetta world is coming to reality :O

Also, speaking of that, I hear tell some on the "right" are angry about this movie? What is there to be angry about, unless you in fact support a facsist christian state?

Kira Posted: Thu Mar 2 00:24:06 2006  
  Seriously - if I actually posted every time I had something to say, instead of deciding, usually, that my rantings and gibberish would only be a waste of bandwidth, my post count would be ten times what it is now.

Mouse Posted: Thu Mar 2 11:19:23 2006  
  I'm not sure if I can talk today, I haven't tried much yet. I stayed out too late and slept too long and now I can't even remember all of the things I ought to do today. Bleh, I hate the taste of cough syrup.

And this is the hundred and fiftith post on this thread, apparently.

The thread has reached it's limit of 150 postings.
If you still have something to say, it is either a very interesting topic, or (more likely) you're trying to flood the GT server.
In any case, please start a new thread.

[ Start new thread ]