Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Work
Cherry_Moon Posted: Tue Feb 28 21:32:12 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  thoughts? I'm working 60 hour weeks for the most part. I'm tired and in need of some advice....

iggy Posted: Tue Feb 28 22:17:31 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i push a 14 hour day. most of the time, 7 days a week.

plus my night job/free-lance work (which don't pay well or non-paying at all) which requires 4-5 more hours everyday.

:)

gonna slow down my pace these days

Mesh Posted: Tue Feb 28 23:21:43 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  60 hour weeks are rough. Right now I'm saving up so I can leave for like a year and do whatever the hell I want to, and go wherever the hell I want to.

What advice do you need, exactly?

addi Posted: Wed Mar 1 07:18:59 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:

>What advice do you need, exactly?

You took the words right out of my mouth, mesh.
(I hope you washed your hands first)

Cherry...try cutting back to 59 hours per week and then use the extra hour you gain to post here more : )

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Mar 1 08:05:42 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  What kind of work ?

Are you getting laid enough ?

addi Posted: Wed Mar 1 08:34:19 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>What kind of work ?
>
>Are you getting paid enough ?

that's kinda a personal question.

Ed Posted: Wed Mar 1 10:36:05 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  advice?
1) sleep as much as you can.
2) go out and have fun, as often as you can.
3) call me when you need to talk (as you already do).

in that order

*hugs*

choke Posted: Wed Mar 1 14:21:20 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>What kind of work ?
>>
>>Are you getting paid enough ?
>
>that's kinda a personal question.

Lol. Look at the rest of GT :P

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Mar 1 16:03:01 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>addi said:
>>ifihadahif said:
>>>What kind of work ?
>>>
>>>Are you getting paid enough ?
>>
>>that's kinda a personal question.
>
>Lol. Look at the rest of GT :P
>
How bout you Choke, you getting laid enough ?

Mouse Posted: Thu Mar 2 00:39:30 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've already given it, darlin'. Don't wear yourself out, or I will hunt you down and nurse you back to health no matter where you hide!
Other than that, figure out how much money you need to save, how much money you need to live off of at present, add a little extra for all the other stuff you'll end up spending on, and work as much as you actually need to. Just not til you pass out.
And like puckster said, call me up anytime and I'll be there if I can, however I can.
And take care of yourself, or you'll those the privilege of telling me to do the same. :P *hugs*
I should be around tomorrow after I catch up on sleep for tonight.
Mouse

jennemmer Posted: Thu Mar 2 09:39:02 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Question: Does anyone ever get to work a plain old 40 hour work week? I'm hard pressed tp think of anyone I know who makes more than minimum wage who works only 40 hours...

Cherry_Moon Posted: Thu Mar 2 14:53:23 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>What kind of work ?
It's cashier stuff. And I make pizzas, subs, salads.

>Are you getting laid enough ?
no. not nearly. Once every three weeks. and me and my longterm bf are on the outs and i'm thinking of breaking up all together. i have a crappy work schedule and he isn't making the effort to come and see me when I'm off. So. :*( I'm going to be single for a while.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Thu Mar 2 14:58:22 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  and very, very tired. I did get tp have fun last night. I went to see State Radio live at the Cat's Cradle. I work over at the pizza place a couple doors down and they had dinner there. I got to talk to them and hang out during my break. And the guitarist gave me a backstage pass and the only guest spot. I got to go see them free. I have a crazy amount of groupie stuff. I have the set list, I have a t-shirt and cd signed, the broken guitar strings, and a couple pictures. They let me chill with them after the show. It was amazing.

choke Posted: Thu Mar 2 21:21:56 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>>
>How bout you Choke, you getting laid enough ?

Well now that you mention it, I haven't gotten laid in over 7 months. Main reason being as soon as I got off the airoplane in Chicago I was handed a packet about 30 pages thick about AIDS. And I am the sort of person who takes pregnancy tests when I haven't had sex. Just in case. So after reading that packet intensively I doubt I will be having sex, ever again.

addi Posted: Thu Mar 2 21:41:13 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>And I am the sort of person who takes pregnancy tests when I haven't had sex. Just in case.

me too, choke. So far all mine have turned out negative, but you can't leave that kind of thing to chance.

>I doubt I will be having sex, ever again.

Good for you. Sex is a dirty evil thing, and studies show you significantly lower your chances of getting pregnant when you're celebate....unless you're swimming in a public pool and there's some pervert's little spermies floating around in it.

choke Posted: Thu Mar 2 22:00:34 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>choke said:
>
>>And I am the sort of person who takes pregnancy tests when I haven't had sex. Just in case.
>
>
>me too, choke. So far all mine have turned out negative, but you can't leave that kind of thing to chance.
>
>>I doubt I will be having sex, ever again.
>
>Good for you. Sex is a dirty evil thing, and studies show you significantly lower your chances of getting pregnant when you're celebate....unless you're swimming in a public pool and there's some pervert's little spermies floating around in it.
>
Or someone artificially inseminates you in your sleep. Or under hypnotization which I have never partaken in THAT I CAN REMEMBER :/

Mesh Posted: Thu Mar 2 22:04:02 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>I make pizzas
>
>>

OMG marry me now!

addi Posted: Thu Mar 2 22:16:40 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>Or someone artificially inseminates you in your sleep.

I HATE it when that happens!

I woke up the other night and heard noises under the covers. I became suspicious and ripped off the covers. sure enough there was some guy in a white lab coat trying to artificially inseminate my wife.

: )

Mesh Posted: Thu Mar 2 22:19:22 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>choke said:
>
>>
sure enough there was some guy in a white lab coat trying to artificially inseminate my wife.
>

*blush* Sorry pal. You were never supposed to find out :(

choke Posted: Thu Mar 2 22:20:03 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>choke said:
>
>>Or someone artificially inseminates you in your sleep.
>
>I HATE it when that happens!
>
>I woke up the other night and heard noises under the covers. I became suspicious and ripped off the covers. sure enough there was some guy in a white lab coat trying to artificially inseminate my wife.
>
>: )

I'm getting the distinct impression you are making fun of very real possibilities I genuinely worry about :P

addi Posted: Thu Mar 2 22:27:32 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:

>*blush* Sorry pal. You were never supposed to find out :(

LOL!! Oh...I'm tearing up

Damn you, mesh! Damn you all to hell! If I've told you once I've told you a million times..stay away from my wife's thighs!

addi Posted: Thu Mar 2 22:29:09 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>I'm getting the distinct impression you are making fun of very real possibilities I genuinely worry about :P

I'm sorry, choke. Yes, I am, and I'm laughing so hard tonight, but I feel bad about it..if that helps

Kira Posted: Thu Mar 2 23:49:36 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>airoplane

:)

Mouse Posted: Fri Mar 3 16:00:40 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>Cherry_Moon said:
>>I make pizzas
>>
>OMG marry me now!

Oh, that reminds me, I had some of my dad's pizza two nights ago. Aaah, so perfect, everything else is just pretending to be pizza. We actually ate it with the crust still gooey in the middle because we couldn't wait. I need to get my mom's dough recipe and my dad's toppings and make some of my own.
Anybody ever had fresh fennel, the bulb not the seed, on pizza? Unbelievable.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Mar 3 16:12:11 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:
>meshuggah said:
>>Cherry_Moon said:
>>>I make pizzas
>>>
>>OMG marry me now!
>
>Oh, that reminds me, I had some of my dad's pizza two nights ago. Aaah, so perfect, everything else is just pretending to be pizza. We actually ate it with the crust still gooey in the middle because we couldn't wait. I need to get my mom's dough recipe and my dad's toppings and make some of my own.
>Anybody ever had fresh fennel, the bulb not the seed, on pizza? Unbelievable.
>
Not on Pizza, but it's great in a garden salad.
I can imagine that it would be good on pizza too, since fennel seed is the most important ingredient in italian sausage.

Mouse Posted: Fri Mar 3 16:16:34 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jennemmer said:
>Question: Does anyone ever get to work a plain old 40 hour work week? I'm hard pressed tp think of anyone I know who makes more than minimum wage who works only 40 hours...

Heh, actually I dont even do that. I work a little over twenty-five hours a week at best. Of course, I don't have health insurance, have car payments, or keep close tabs on my finances, but I get by on that and not much better than minimum wage. I have this whole complex about spending money, especially on myself, that has really helped me hang on to my savings. I'm trying to give myself extra time to deal with other things.

Mouse Posted: Fri Mar 3 16:19:36 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>>Anybody ever had fresh fennel, the bulb not the seed, on pizza? Unbelievable.
>>
>Not on Pizza, but it's great in a garden salad.
>I can imagine that it would be good on pizza too, since fennel seed is the most important ingredient in italian sausage.

Fennel bulb is one of my favorite veggies. Now I want to walk to the grocery, but I bet they don't have any. :(

sweet p Posted: Thu Mar 9 02:34:53 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>Cherry_Moon said:
>>I make pizzas
>>
>>>
>
>
>OMG marry me now!

:D
I missed you Meshie.

antartica Posted: Thu Mar 9 04:23:13 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i work about 42.5 hours a week when i'm in the workshop

and about 84 hours a week when i'm on site for 4 weeks (and that's 4 weeks straight)

i wanna work 0 hours a week.......

need to get someone to sponsor me!

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]