Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Nothing Good to say
Howitzer Posted: Thu Mar 2 05:07:50 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I know it may seem that I have not been here in forever, but the truth is I check GT almost twice a day...I just have nothing really good to say, most of the time I feel someone has said it as well as I could, or I have no opinion that would offer anything to the thread.

beetlebum Posted: Thu Mar 2 05:59:22 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's okay- I'm with you and Kira-- sometimes I just don't have much to contribute, or I'm really tired and just like reading/learning.

Mark Posted: Thu Mar 2 06:00:46 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yeah, same here.

Beep Posted: Thu Mar 2 06:01:43 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yes, i think there are a few people like that. sometimes i feel that it's a bit stupid and pointless offering opinions on certain subjects as well.
meh, atleast when you do post it's something that's worthwhile, relevant and interesting. quality beats quantity.

addi Posted: Thu Mar 2 07:35:00 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Bleh! Excuses...excuses
Everyone of you needs to post more.

If all of us only waited to post untill we had something "profound" to say this place would be a ghost site. Personally, I probably average a quality post every 1 in 30 of my posts at best..and you don't see that stopping me from being a posting slut. Embrace your inner sluttiness!
Furthermore...you never know when something silly you write will spark someone else into writing something halfway intelligent and profound.
These threads take on a life of their own and move in mysterious ways. One second we can be discussing the virtues of shaved beavers, and before you know it we're grappling with complex issues like Christophe hitting on older women...it's magically delicious.
Why just yesterday I spent an hour in deep thought trying to figure out what in the hell mesh was talking about on one of his absurdly enigmatic posts : )

So, profound or not, ya'll need to keep sharing your thoughts here regularly.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Mar 2 08:08:22 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey, I've been here almost 4 years and haven't made a quality post yet, but I keep trying, you never know when it will happen.

Howitzer Posted: Thu Mar 2 08:27:03 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  well, i would say something more, but you all said it already....except i will agree with hif, you really need to get on the ball with those profound posts, your behind the rest of the class

Howitzer Posted: Thu Mar 2 08:28:14 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Howitzer said:
>well, i would say something more, but you all said it already....except i will agree with hif, you really need to get on the ball with those profound posts, your* behind the rest of the class

*you are (god it is late in the morning having stayed up all night studying for mid-terms, i can't even spell)

addi Posted: Thu Mar 2 08:31:42 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Hey, I've been here almost 4 years and haven't made a quality post yet, but I keep trying, you never know when it will happen.

You had a post once where you said, "Very well put, Addi".

that was a quality post

: )

Kira Posted: Thu Mar 2 09:46:14 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Meanwhile, Kira is absurdly pleased at the notion one of her posts might've inspired a whole new thread.

Mesh Posted: Thu Mar 2 16:16:19 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't think I've made one good post yet. I should probably stop posting until I come up with a good one.

addi Posted: Thu Mar 2 17:51:49 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>I don't think I've made one good post yet. I should probably stop posting until I come up with a good one.

You can just get that thought out of your head right now young man!

Anyway you've had some great posts here. Your "esploded" post is on my top 5 list.

: )

choke Posted: Thu Mar 2 21:09:33 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh wow. I feel terrible. Here's people afraid to post because they feel like they have nothing to say. And here's me, saying nothing, about 10 times a day.

misszero Posted: Mon Mar 6 00:40:01 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi + mesh said:
> esplode

i use esplode in my everday life and nobody understands. it pains me. and when i watch Mrs. Doubtfire, i think of DBF's. is there other GT spillover in anyone else's 'real life'? I'm curious....

libra Posted: Mon Mar 6 03:20:29 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>addi + mesh said:
>> esplode
>
>i use esplode in my everday life and nobody understands. it pains me. and when i watch Mrs. Doubtfire, i think of DBF's. is there other GT spillover in anyone else's 'real life'? I'm curious....
>

totally. I always want to start saying things like:

Oh, I know someone from there...
or
that reminds me of...

but then it would be hard to explain...

Mesh Posted: Mon Mar 6 05:04:47 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>
>Oh, I know someone from there...
>or
>that reminds me of...
>
>but then it would be hard to explain...

More or less the same for me. Or something like "Oh so and so would think that's hilarious/interesting/whatever."

mat_j Posted: Tue Mar 7 14:12:31 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>It's okay- I'm with you and Kira-- sometimes I just don't have much to contribute, or I'm really tired and just like reading/learning.

Well i've kind of given up the internet and TV to concentrate on getting my new script done, i've also lost about a stone in weight and starting growning a beard, i have two tissue boxes i'm sure i will be using as shoes soon, but i don't feel ready for that kind of commitment yet.

To paraphrase Royal Tennembaum, I miss you all my darlings- but i have to keep working or the evil that is acceptance of my current life will set in and i refuse to let that happen.

So (In no particular order) Addi, Beetlebum, SweetP, Libra, Chan, Misszero, Choke, Ant, Hif, Meshy and even Christophe and everyone else who i can't be arsed to remember I love you all. Goto dash, have to fuck around in a few threads before i get onto ACT 2. Adios xxxx

mat_j Posted: Tue Mar 7 14:14:33 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  PS the new fillum is about a fascist superstate, more some other time.

mat x

Mesh Posted: Tue Mar 7 15:10:24 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It pleases me to see the likes of mat_j coming back every now and then.

Everyone else too.

addi Posted: Tue Mar 7 15:16:01 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>To paraphrase Royal Tennembaum, I miss you all my darlings- but i have to keep working or the evil that is acceptance of my current life will set in and i refuse to let that happen.

go for it, mat.
and don't ever give in to mediocrity

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]