Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

You can buy anything on e-bay
jennemmer Posted: Wed Mar 8 20:46:28 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  For example a shot at the Canadian Liberal Party leadership is up for auction. At the time the article was published it was worth $250,000...

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/politics/story.html?id=ec585c95-a0de-403d-b753-76ee801e9686&k=59493

jennemmer Posted: Wed Mar 8 20:50:19 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nevermind... found the auction here:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/The-Rick-Mercer-Report-Liberal-Leadership-Kit_W0QQitemZ6042164599QQcategoryZ317QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and there is no way anyone means to actually give up that much money for the use of a printer that is low on magenta...

Dancer Posted: Wed Mar 8 23:01:23 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'd like to ask if you guys buy alot of merchandise on ebay?

is it like the first online store you go into to look for things you want?

the reason i'm asking is because it seems like quite a number of people i know quitted their full time job to sell stuff in ebay. they told me its lucrative.

Mesh Posted: Wed Mar 8 23:42:31 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Dancer said:
>
>the reason i'm asking is because it seems like quite a number of people i know quitted their full time job to sell stuff in ebay. they told me its lucrative.

Indeed, I know a person who makes more now with just a few hours per day than they were with a full time job.

I don't know why I am not in on this.

jennemmer Posted: Wed Mar 8 23:59:45 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:

>Indeed, I know a person who makes more now with just a few hours per day than they were with a full time job.

What do they sell? Do they make stuff? Are they just a distributor?

Mesh Posted: Thu Mar 9 01:42:02 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jennemmer said:
>
>What do they sell? Do they make stuff? Are they just a distributor?

I'm not entirely sure. I don't know how all this ebay stuff works, but I think it's something like drop shipping.

Beep Posted: Thu Mar 9 17:04:07 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yes, there are lots of people doing it.
there are complaints that antiques shops and that sort of thing are being driven out of business by ebay.

and in response to buying anything, my friend once found some kangaroo scrotum purses for sale...

choke Posted: Thu Mar 9 18:35:09 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  We have a site like Ebay, called Trademe, and once a haunted bag of potato chips sold for $20.

addi Posted: Thu Mar 9 21:22:10 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>We have a site like Ebay, called Trademe, and once a haunted bag of potato chips sold for $20.

What's this "we" shit? Ebay goes all over the www, but not to NZ? You guys got to have your own special auction site?! That's just being snooty if you ask me.

*They said that bag of chips was haunted because one of the chips looked just like the green pirate ghost in a Scooby Doo episode

Dancer Posted: Thu Mar 9 23:21:51 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>
>I don't know why I am not in on this.

exactly!

i have not a clue on what to sell.. perhaps if i go:t the time to get it figure out, i'll sell you guys the formula LOL

choke Posted: Thu Mar 9 23:24:07 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>choke said:
>>We have a site like Ebay, called Trademe, and once a haunted bag of potato chips sold for $20.
>
>What's this "we" shit? Ebay goes all over the www, but not to NZ? You guys got to have your own special auction site?! That's just being snooty if you ask me.
>
Well it makes sense when the rest of the world is about a billion km and one hundred thousand dollars in postage away :P

>
>*They said that bag of chips was haunted because one of the chips looked just like the green pirate ghost in a Scooby Doo episode

And it hadn't been opened yet, they said the bag crinkled at night when noone was around.

Mouse Posted: Fri Mar 10 00:44:28 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My mom used ebay, sold and bought. I've bought a few things, actually maybe just one now I think about it. I have a closet full of things I need to get into gear and sell, I even have pictures of some of them downloaded to my computer.
Wow, I have no focus whatsoever. Maybe I'll get on that after I do all the other stuff I have no will to do.

Mouse

addi Posted: Fri Mar 10 07:40:26 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>And it hadn't been opened yet, they said the bag crinkled at night when noone was around.

lol!

There's nothing more spooky than hearing a chip bag crinkling at night!

that happened to me once with a bag of BBQ Lay's Chips. I got out of bed to investigate with a baseball bat in my hand. Turned out it was just a cockroach. I told him to help himself (they were stale), but to please keep the crinkling noises to a minimum.

JesusOnline Posted: Fri Mar 10 18:16:34 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

> BBQ Lay's Chips.

I have to say, that Lay's are indeed the daddy of all "crisps."

In the U.K. a Walkers produce similar style bags and flavours however, they don't compare to Lay's and they are the first thing I purchase whenever I go abroad (Obviously, only if they are available in that country.)

I dont know if Walkers and Lay's are infact owned by the same company or not, becasue the packaging is very similar but the crisps are much better in Lay's form.

***totally derailed the thread, but I do love Lay's***

on eBay, I've used it numerous times (50 positive feedbacks on 50 items) but only to buy. At the moment I've never sold anything on it, mainly because I have nothing of interest to sell.
It's not the first plae I'll go looking for something though, and I tend only to spend small amounts of money on it.

kurohyou Posted: Sat Mar 11 18:43:44 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Dancer said:

>the reason i'm asking is because it seems like quite a number of people i know quitted their full time job to sell stuff in ebay. they told me its lucrative.

I just saw my socially dead cousin the other day and that is what he does. He is 27, lives with his parents, plays a number of instruments and his job is managing the "E-Bay" Division of this computer store down the street from his house.

Hey whatever works but I too have heard that you can make a lot of money by doing it. My In-Laws have been playing with the idea for a while now, even purchasing a book on "Selling on Ebay for Dummies."

I don't buy a lot of things online. I got burned by E-bay years ago when I bought a "legal" copy of AutoCAD. It arrived on a Memorex Disc with the ID Key on a Pink index card....hmmm I'm no expert but it should have at least come with an manual of some sort. A buddy of mine got burned to, but his was a bit more legit. It had a fancy sticker on the disc but the ID Key was ABC-1234567...I'm thinking no so much on its legitimacy either. Oh well what can you do...

Not that it matters...

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]