Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Road Trip
Kira Posted: Sat Mar 11 20:34:01 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Where would you go?

Include popular annual events (like Mardi Gras in New Orleans, for example).

Include non-US locations (I can't afford to go there, that doesn't mean you can't).

GO!

Mesh Posted: Sat Mar 11 22:10:36 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Where the wind takes me. It's always fun to just start off with no place in mind, and just go and go and go and see where you end up.

My next big adventure though, I want to just go all around down in Mexico. Just all over. That's why I'm polishing up the ol' Espanol......and hoarding my money.

That was kind of a poopy answer, I know.

I'm kind of a poopy person right now, though. I might have a better post later on where I actually think about stuff.

JesusOnline Posted: Sat Mar 11 22:12:30 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm road tripping (with my two favourite allies to quote a RHCP song) this summer.

I begin in Aberdeen Scotland to Glasgow where I'll pick up one friend - and probably have a night out to boot. Then we both set towards Newcastle (England) to pick up the third and final in out trek - probably another night out on the town there too.
We're then going to Cardiff (Wales) for two nights. Before setting off non-stop for Lyon (France.)

This is all planned for August.

Posted: Sat Mar 11 22:18:48 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'd go here: http://www.bonnaroo.com/2006/

Mouse Posted: Sat Mar 11 23:33:32 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Most of the places where I want to go interest me because of people there. I want to go to Texas to visit my aunt, and Chicago to visit choke. I also want to go places that I haven't been since I was small, or don't remember being there at all. I want to walk on the street with my name in San Francisco, and see the coyotes in Yellowstone again, and see things I've never seen before.
I want to cash in on the promise of taking me to New York city that my stepmom made, I want adventures that I can smile about.
I haven't had enough of those.

DanSRose Posted: Sun Mar 12 00:25:40 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Starting in South Africa and ending in either Cairo or Jerusalem.

Driving down Route 1, from the tip of Maine to the end of the Florida Keys.
I know the West Coast has its version of Route 1, so that too.

Mouse Posted: Sun Mar 12 00:50:41 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I forgot about places I'd have to fly to.
I want to go Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan, Turkey, and maybe visit some relatives in France, see the Czech Republic, see England and lots of other places inbetween. A lot of that is a bit stickier, I'd have to find reliable tour guides and wouldn't know languages and things like that.

That's too many places, sheesh.

jennemmer Posted: Sun Mar 12 01:18:57 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have this pipe dream of having enough money to go all of the way around the world, crashing in guest rooms and the like of people I've met and friends who've moved away.

Any free space on anyone's sofa? ;)

Mouse Posted: Sun Mar 12 02:37:02 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jennemmer said:
>Any free space on anyone's sofa? ;)

*raises hand* Right here!

Posted: Sun Mar 12 02:45:58 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jennemmer said:

>Any free space on anyone's sofa? ;)

http://www.couchsurfing.com/

This has helped out a lot of friends, who've all vouched for it :)

jennemmer Posted: Sun Mar 12 03:16:52 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:

>http://www.couchsurfing.com/
>
>This has helped out a lot of friends, who've all vouched for it :)

I don't know if I'd be _that_ brave. It would be nice to just stay with people I at least kindof know...

libra Posted: Sun Mar 12 04:33:37 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>I'd go here: http://www.bonnaroo.com/2006/

oooh, i wish i could go to that...

I'm going on a road trip down to Santa Monica/Los Angeles over spring break with my boyfriend. I love road trips...just driving, listening to great music, laughing over random things happening...

beetlebum Posted: Sun Mar 12 04:56:59 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hoover Dam

The Grand Canyon

Route 66

Seattle all the way down to LA
(you get to drive through the vineyards, watch the cropdusters in the air int he middle of nowhere... the sun's rays have a special colour out there as well)

Mount Rushmore

Yellowstone National Park

Grand Tetons (there's a campsite smack in between, and you can just go down to Snake River, a fairly large river and hang out, enjoy the view of the mountains, and nothing and no one else around)

Camp culture in America is bloody amazing. People are so kind and helpful and friendly.

The Florida Keys from anywhere, really. Those bridges are unbelievably scary, and Alligator Alley rocks.

Savannah. Oh, Savannah.

Maine in the autumn is amazing... anywhere on the East Coast is, I think.

but yeah, pretty much anywhere the wind takes you is a good place to go. america is a really wicked country, as are her people.

and if anyone ends up around st. louis, and i'm there, i'll give you a bed, not just a couch! and i'll take you to johnson's shut in and on a float trip down the meremac river. oh, and elephant rocks park. (good places, i promise)

mat_j Posted: Sun Mar 12 16:34:54 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  JesusOnline said:
>I'm road tripping (with my two favourite allies to quote a RHCP song) this summer.

>We're then going to Cardiff (Wales) for two nights. Before setting off non-stop for Lyon (France.)
>
>This is all planned for August.

Cardiff is my current location, gimme a shout if you'd like a guide and you feel lucky- i could be one of those internet serial killers you know!!!

danger trip.

JesusOnline Posted: Sun Mar 12 17:43:15 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>Cardiff is my current location, gimme a shout if you'd like a guide and you feel lucky- i could be one of those internet serial killers you know!!!
>
>danger trip.
>
>

If you can lead us to temptation - and take us to the "hippest" pubs and clubs then you'd be jus the man we require.

boondock743 Posted: Sun Mar 12 18:40:10 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i have thought about this befor. all i realy want to do is get alot of money in travelers checks and a well built car and drive for as long as i can in any direction. i would figure out where i'm goin when i get there. oh yeah and have some friends and some hot girls along too.

Ahriman Posted: Mon Mar 13 06:31:49 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Currently trying to get to the Ukraine.

addi Posted: Mon Mar 13 08:30:35 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>Currently trying to get to the Ukraine.

Ditto...St.Petersburg and Moscow I would love to visit. On my list of places to visit before I get too old to enjoy them is NZ, Perth, Italy, Costa Rica, coast of Turkey and Istanbul, Greek Islands, and Peru.

I have a tentative road trip planned for may or june to head to the east coast, visit my son in Charleston, and then head north up the coast and drive as far as the spirit moves me...or I run out of vacation time.
I would really like to go as far north as the New England states, but time may not permit that wish to become reality. I'd also like to camp along the way, but driving my lil' Miata my make that impossible due to lack of luggage space.

Mesh Posted: Mon Mar 13 09:00:50 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It'd be awesome to be a trucker. Do like, a year across north america, then a year across europe, then a year across south america. That'd be awesome. Get in some barroom brawls and have sex with back alley transexuals along the way. Think of the stories you could tell.

boondock743 Posted: Mon Mar 13 10:51:55 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i would also like to get either acid, X, or shooms and them go on a trip. :>

choke Posted: Mon Mar 13 14:51:23 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I like my own country. I just want other people to visit me there.

And maybe road trip a couple of hours or so each way up the coast. Those are the best kindof road trips.

But in the future I want to travel Europe.

Dancer Posted: Mon Mar 13 23:44:42 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:
>I forgot about places I'd have to fly to.
>I want to go Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan, Turkey, and maybe visit some relatives in France, see the Czech Republic, see England and lots of other places inbetween. A lot of that is a bit stickier, I'd have to find reliable tour guides and wouldn't know languages and things like that.
>
>That's too many places, sheesh.

hey if you are coming to singapore.. you don't need tour guides :) there's me, chanz, ant.. well of course the jedi master's here too i think.. and language is not a problem here.

i'd love to visit cape town someday.. and scotland.. but i think i'll have dfficulties in understanding the scottish accent.

this year though, i will want to travel across cambodia,vietnam.. before they become too modernised.

JesusOnline Posted: Tue Mar 14 02:47:36 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Dancer said:
but i think i'll have dfficulties in understanding the scottish accent.

I resemble that remark.
My accent is scottish to it's bone and probably can be hard to decipher.

We can all talk correctly though, we just don't do it too often. It makes people feel welcome. ;)

mat_j Posted: Mon Mar 20 09:50:30 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  JesusOnline said:
>Dancer said:
>but i think i'll have dfficulties in understanding the scottish accent.
>
>I resemble that remark.
>My accent is scottish to it's bone and probably can be hard to decipher.
>

I'm just glad the Welsh accent is not as internationally recognisable as the Scottish one!!!!

And in response to the earlier post- No problem at all, Cardiff's all purpose guide, at your service my friend!

Mouse Posted: Mon Mar 20 12:39:36 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I want to camp on the beach, or near the beach. I remember doing that once when I was a kid, I could hear the waves from the tent. But there were too many other people being noisy at the time. And I want to hike in the mountains again, it seems like it's been forever since I've gone anywhere.
Oh, I would love to go sailing.
It's so tempting to spend my wealth on travel and come home and be happily broke. If I had someone who could take care of my dogs while I was gone I might go adventuring when the weather turns more spring like, but alas I don't have anybody who could do that. If I had a bigger car I could take them with me, but they would probably hate it.
Mouse

beetlebum Posted: Mon Mar 20 14:10:35 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>JesusOnline said:
>>Dancer said:
>>but i think i'll have dfficulties in understanding the scottish accent.
>>
>>I resemble that remark.
>>My accent is scottish to it's bone and probably can be hard to decipher.
>>
>
>I'm just glad the Welsh accent is not as internationally recognisable as the Scottish one!!!!
>
>And in response to the earlier post- No problem at all, Cardiff's all purpose guide, at your service my friend!

Dude, both of your accents are hard to decipher. But very sexy.

You know it's true.

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Mar 20 16:08:08 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Jesus, do you think your Scottish accent leans more toward Mike Meyers' Fat Bastard, or Mel Gibsons' William Wallace ? HA !

mat_j Posted: Mon Mar 20 18:21:54 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>mat_j said:
>>JesusOnline said:
>>>Dancer said:
>>>but i think i'll have dfficulties in understanding the scottish accent.
>>>
>>>I resemble that remark.
>>>My accent is scottish to it's bone and probably can be hard to decipher.
>>>
>>
>>I'm just glad the Welsh accent is not as internationally recognisable as the Scottish one!!!!
>>
>>And in response to the earlier post- No problem at all, Cardiff's all purpose guide, at your service my friend!
>
>Dude, both of your accents are hard to decipher. But very sexy.
>
>You know it's true.

Scots have a very exy accent, the only Welshman with a sexy accent ever was Richard Burton

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]