Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

MMA/Cagefighting/etc.
Mesh Posted: Mon Mar 13 10:19:01 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  MMA=Mixed Martial Arts.

What do you think, should it be allowed? Or no?

addi Posted: Mon Mar 13 10:28:45 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think it should be allowed.

As long as it's two adult humans going at each other then I say let the idiots beat each other senseless. I would never watch or attend one myself. I don't hold those who go crazy watching this stuff in very high esteem either.

The world is full of unspeakable violence as it is without paying to watch it as "entertainment".

Kira Posted: Mon Mar 13 13:34:42 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Two guys wanna fight, I'm not gonna stop 'em.

I take mixed martial arts. 'Twas the only way I could get any Jeet Kune Do training, as there is no one in my area who teaches JKD exclusively. :(

Beep Posted: Mon Mar 13 15:19:10 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  banning stuff just drives it underground and makes it worse. legal and regulated is the way to go in most situations.

it's not for me, but i don't have a problem with it. i can see some of it's charm, i suppose, testing yourself, being tough &c. &c. but i prefer more classy sports. basketball is far superior

Ahriman Posted: Mon Mar 13 18:57:15 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  As a trained Kenpo fighter, I really could care less what two humans do in a ring under strict rules. In the system I study, the things we do could never ever EVER be allowed in the ring...EVER. I don't even use 95% of the stuff I know. MMA is a sport like any other.

Ahriman Posted: Mon Mar 13 18:59:58 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>Two guys wanna fight, I'm not gonna stop 'em.
>
>I take mixed martial arts. 'Twas the only way I could get any Jeet Kune Do training, as there is no one in my area who teaches JKD exclusively. :(

JKD died with Bruce Lee. Danny Inosanto doesn't know what he's doing.

Kira Posted: Mon Mar 13 19:42:53 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>
>JKD died with Bruce Lee. Danny Inosanto doesn't know what he's doing.

I doubt that. I think it is as strong now as it ever was - which is to say, not very. Even while Bruce Lee was alive he struggled with students' misconceptions about the art - their belief that this form which threw away the idea of an "ultimate style" was itself the ultimate, or that because it was not a set style with permanent rules, they could modify it how they wanted without thinking about what was effective and what was superfluous.

Still there are people out there, like Taky Kimura, who don't presume know what Bruce Lee would want now and teach JKD only as it existed before his death. It is left up to the individual to adapt it to himself, modify it if he must.

Inosanto is an idgit. :(

DanSRose Posted: Tue Mar 14 09:27:39 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Beep said:
>banning stuff just drives it underground and makes it worse. legal and regulated is the way to go in most situations.

Just like abortion.
I really don't have anything else to add on this. That parallel just came to mind.

Aeon Posted: Tue Mar 14 09:47:44 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  MMA isn't nearly as dangerous as boxing when it comes to long term if the fighters aren't full of pride. If you get caught in an arm bar or a choke, you should tap. If you don't, arms get broken or you pass out. In boxing, fights can go on for twelve rounds of brutal hits. In MMA, one good knockdown will usually get the fight stopped...

addi Posted: Tue Mar 14 12:43:30 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2355634961125449383&pr=goog-sl

No fighting, no biting, no kissing!

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]